Fractured | Ninjago AU (EXAMS...

By LuckyBugBooks

"Sometimes what's broken isn't as broken as you think." ~*~*~*~ Master Wu's School for Self-Discovery. A sch... More

Introduction
Prologue
CHAPTER ONE ~ ROOTS
~ Part 1 ~ | Paper Monsters
~ Part 3 ~ | First Impressions
~ Part 4 ~ | Wake-Up Call
~ Part 5~ | A Little Bit of Stupid
~ Part 6~ | The Act We Make
~ Part 7~ | The Lies We Tell
~ Part 8~ | The Words We Say
~ Part 9~ | Some People Walk in the Rain, Others Just Get Wet
~ Part 10~ | New Beginnings
CHAPTER TWO ~ THE GREEN NINJA
~ Part 1~ | Messages
~ Part 2 ~ | Taking The City
~ Part 3 ~ | The Strange Girl In The Elevator
~ Part 4 ~ | Losing Control
~ Part 5 ~ | Hearts Racing
~ Part 6~ | Home
~ Part 7~ | One Last Thing
~ Part 8~ | Lloyd Garfield
~ Part 9 ~ | The Boy Out of Time
~ Part 10 ~ | Pride and Prejudice
~ Part 11 ~ | Childish Pranks and Teenage Girl Gossip
~ Part 12~ | A Little Bit Of Advice
~ Part 13~ | Wondering
~ Part 14~ | Maybe Father Doesn't Know Best
~ Part 15~ | The Interview
~ Part 16~ | We Are Not Alone
~ Part 16.5 ~ | 15K Bonus Scene
CHAPTER THREE ~ GHOST STORY
~ Part 1~ | We Are All Together
~ Part 2~ | Nerds Alike
~ Part 3 ~| A Visitor
~ Part 4 ~ | A Million Little Mistakes Can Become So Big
~ Part 5 ~ | Slipping Through My Fingers
~ Part 6 ~ | To Earn One's Respect
~ Part 7 ~ | Tell Me A Story
~ Part 8 ~ | Early Morning Thoughts
~ Part 9 ~ | A Small Step Forward
~ Part 10 ~ | Pixal's Answer
~ Part 11 ~ | Memories
~ Part 12 ~ | Pressure
~ Part 13 ~ | Rooftop Talks
~ Part 14 ~ | All You Ever Wanted
~ Part 15 ~ | The Boy in The Painting
~ Part 16 ~ | I'm Here (Literally and Metaphorically)
~ Part 17 ~ | Waving Goodbye
~ Part 18 ~ | Acid & Emerald
~ Part 19 ~ | A Very Fond Farewell
CHAPTER FOUR ~ Tournament of Elements
~ Part 1~ | Opportunities
~ Part 2~ | Don't You Hold Back
~ Part 3 ~ | Into the Lion's Den
NOTE (I'm not giving up on this book I promise)

~ Part 2 ~ | Spiders Take A Beating

1.4K 68 72
By LuckyBugBooks

~Part 2~ | Spiders Take A Beating

~*~*~*~
**Anybody Have A Map? (Dear Evan Hansen)**
~*~*~*~

"Can we try to have an optimistic outlook, huh?
Can we buck up just enough to see the world won't fall apart?
Maybe this year, we decide
We're not giving up before we've tried
This year, we make a new start"

~Dear Evan Hansen

******

"This is a horrible idea."

  Wu gave an unimpressed look as he gently folded the paper, making each edge crisp and straight before sliding it inside the envelope.

  "What makes you think that people will want to send their children to this deserted place?" The old women continued. Her voice was craggy with age and her face was covered in too many wrinkles to count. But you dare not utter a word against her or she'll hit you with insults sharper than a knife.

  "I appreciate your opinion Mistaké but I will have it vote against your judgement." Wu replied simply, licking the envelope before closing it. "The adults of these children's family may be so desperate to either help or "fix" their children they will probably be signing them up without a second thought."

  "Fools." Mistaké grumbled.

"I would try to argue against that notion but it is a struggle." Wu chuckled. "I want to offer these children a place for them to see who they really are."

Mistaké huffed once more, turning her attentions to the window. "The mailman is here." She announced. We gently picked up his envelopes and tucked one away before taking the others up the courtyard. The mailman panted, out of breath, as he waited for the Headmaster to come to see him.

"Hello." Wu greeted him with a smile as he handed him the letters. The mailman exchanged the envelopes with five others before taking his money and leaving. Muttering about the distance under is breath.

Wu examined the letters, a smile gracing his lips as he saw the return address. "It appears this time I was right, Mistaké." He said, waving the envelope as he gently tucked a finger underneath the tongue and ripped it open.

"To: Master Wu," he read aloud. "Please accept the enrolment of my son, Cole Brookstone into your school."

Mistaké rolled her eyes as Wu found four similar letters. But he paused when he got to the last.

"What is it?" Mistaké read his expression with a raised eyebrow.

Wu took a deep heaving breath before starting to read slowly with a shaking tone. "Dear Wu, I sent you this letter regarding my son, your nephew, Lloyd Garmadon."

******

"Please try and remain positive, Jay." Edna Walker said from the front seat. The woman peered over her wire framed glasses as she glanced at curly haired boy in the review mirror.

He remained silent, resting his head against the arm on the side of the car as he stared sulkily out the window.

"You know, you're one of the first students to go to this school." Ed added, his accent rolling easily with his words. He turned so he could fix his gaze on him. "If you make a real difference maybe they'll put you in the school hall of fame or somethin'."

"I guess." Jay finally said despondently.

    But he sat up as they began to roll down the road. His eyes widened in awe at he stared at the huge building before him. The school had a courtyard, surrounded by a protective wall with huge gates. The building itself was inspired by monasteries, with beautiful sloping architecture and a huge fountain the the centre of the court yard. A rush of nervous energy sent his leg shaking up and down with anxiety as he watched the car park before the gates. Jay clambered out of the car, going over the rules he had made for himself the previous night.

No rambling. No prying. No blurting out-

  "Is the old guy the headmaster?"

  Crumbs. So much for that. Jay's hand flew over his mouth as his parents sighed. But as they walked through the large gates the 'old guy' did not appear offended.

"Hello, Jay Walker." The man was very old, wrinkles covering his face and a long white heard and moustache. He stood tall and appeared fairly mobile for a senior citizen. On his head was a large sun hat and he held a bamboo staff.

  "Uh...hi... Mr. Headmaster sir." Jay scrambled to correct the seemingly rude comment as he shook the guy's arm a little too hard.

  "Jay... you can let 'im go now, son." Ed grabbed Jay's shoulder and pulled him away. Jay flushed but his victim let out another laugh.

  "Welcome to my school, Jay. I am Wu, your headmaster." He smiled, making the corners of his eyes wrinkle. "I am formerly trained in martial arts so I hope you don't mind calling me Sensei or Master Wu."

  "No, uh, that's fine." Jay said nervously as Wu turned and made his way toward the building. Jay gulped but took his luggage and followed. Ed and Edna trailed behind, looking at the surrounding with an impressed gape.

  "Jay is among the first group to join my school." Wu told them as he left his staff at the door and let them inside. The building was huge, and decorated in a very traditional way with many asian-style decor and more old fashioned furniture and architecture. "Our first group is a bare five, I'm afraid, but I hope that more come."

  Jay's brow furrowed at that and he sped up so he matched step with Wu. "If you don't mind me asking, why would you want more students? That means more kids with issues, like me."

  Wu paused for a moment. For a second Jay thought he offended him. Ed and Edna did a sharp intake of breath. Wu turned his wise eyes to the brunette.

   "That's a very common view on it, Jay. But believe it or not there are many more people in the world in need of guidance than you think. I only want to reach out to them, but I don't wish for people to have to need my lessons. In time, you won't need them either. But perhaps you'll stay for a different reason." Wu continued walking and Jay blinked for a moment before following him to the large double doors. Wu pushed them open to reveal his office.

  Wu grabbed some files and paperwork, talking quickly it over with Ed and Edna, saying that they could investigate the living space and environment before signing. "If Jay feels that this is not the right place for him than he can leave at anytime and I will offer a full refund." Wu said kindly. "My students well-being goes above all else."

  Wu then smiled, pouring everyone some tea as the Walker's looked over the paperwork. "Now, would you like to see your dorm?"

*******

  "Since we have so little students many of these rooms will be closed." Wu explained as they strolled down the hall. "We have the capacity of course to give each of the students their own room but I always felt it was a good way to learn life lessons by having a roommate."

  Jay nodded slowly, Wu pointed to the first room. "This room is yours." The door was a dark wood, the number four nineteen, a plaque was attached to the door, reading Jay Walker. Beneath it was another name, Cole Brookstone. Jay took a deep breath and turned the handle. The room was relative spacious with two beds, two desks, two dressers, two spiders....

  Jay yelped and scrambled back. Wu poked his head in. "What's wrong?" He zeroed in on the tiny arachnids. Without blinking an eye the man strolled over and beat them with his shoe. Jay's eyes bugged out of his head and Ed and Edna entered awkwardly as they witnessed the headmaster valiantly beating up spiders.

   "Problem solved." Wu straightened like nothing happened. "The bathroom is over there."

Then he strolled calmly out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 372 73
Ninjago isn't just protected by the beloved ninja force. In the shadows lurk hidden heroes, poised and ready to strike. Aurora is the leader of a gro...
28.7K 992 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...
8.1K 178 27
⚠ TW - implied violence / torture - mentioned self-harm - contains swear / blasphemies - blood - depression ⚠ ❝ Nya has become part of the sea, merg...
223 6 5
TW: Blatant homophobia, swearing, death,and more serious topics. Also, please bear with me, that I have no idea how pirate ships work! And looking up...