The Summer I Turned Pretty...

By eclipse0401

Best ranking #1 on summer I turned pretty #1on to all the boys #1 on Susannah #1 on summerstory #2 on Jenny H... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
Acknowledgements
Dream Cast
Other works
Username change!
Bonus Chapter 1 (10K special!)
Bonus Chapter 2 (you don't wanna miss it)
I Need Your Help!

chapter 26

3.1K 31 10
By eclipse0401

Dedicated to SarahSamel125 who was one of my first reader and has stuck around till the end.
____________________________________

Vote and comment
____________________________________

Anna

I was sitting on my bed with my five girl-friends who'd come for a sleepover at my house. We were playing truth or dare and the last thing I wanted was for Aiden to pop his head in and ask if he could play.

Lina, Stacy and Becca were my best friends but Valerie and Cara were just trailing us around everywhere only because they wanted to flirt with my brother or sweet talk my dad.

They infuriated me but I was helpless as they were self-invited and mom was always nice to our guests. "So Becca,truth or dare?",Valerie asked.

"Dare",Becca said confidently. Bad move girl. "I dare you to kiss Aiden",Valerie said as her mouth curved into a self-satisfied smirk.

"Oh hell no!",I said. "Aiden isn't even playing this and no body kisses my twin." These girls just wanted a chance to stick their lips to Aiden's and I was completely against that. I mean yeah, Aiden was the most handsome boy in school and every girl wanted something or the other to do with him  but that doesn't mean he wants them.

Aiden and I were just ten but dad always said that we were smarter than our age and he told Aiden not to play with girls like they are toys. He said that out of all the people in the world, Aiden should know the importance of it because he had a twin sister whom he loved more than anyone else. Dad asked how he'd feel if someone is disrespectful to me in worse ways and Aiden said he'll break their face. I was very honored to be that twin sister.

I dashed out of my room to find Aiden. I opened his room's door and shut it behind me quickly. Aiden was lying on his bed shirtless ,looking at me in a confused manner. I quickly pulled a t-shirt from his drawer and threw it on his face. "Pull it on Aid",I said.

"What are you doing here?",he asked pulling his t-shirt on. "Don't you have your friends over?" I rolled my eyes and jumped on his bed to sit beside him. "Yes,but I'm here to protect you from them",I said. 

"Why?"

"Valerie dared Becca to kiss you." Aiden chuckled and pulled me to his chest, engulfing me in a big comforting hug that only Aiden could manage to give. I loved his hugs more than I loved chocolate and just so you know I love chocolate.

"Don't worry Annie,I'm not kissing anybody",he laughed. "Good, because I'd kill you if you do."

The door barged open as all the girls shuffled inside. "You can't just leave us all alone. We're at your house after all",Valerie said placing her hands on her hips. "Nobody asked you to be here",I mumbled in Aiden's chest as he let out light chuckles.

They all jumped up on his bed and got cozy,with Valerie trying to gooey eye my brother and cling to his chest as Cara tried to shuffle me away from Aiden so that she could take my seat. Hello? He's my brother.

"Girls!",my mom called from downstairs. "Do you want me to bring you cookies?" "Yes mom. And some for poor Aiden too",Aiden called out sarcastically.

My mom walked in with a tray full of freshly baked cookies. My mom was the prettiest woman I'd ever seen. Everything about her was beautiful. Like the way her blond-brown hair bounced on her shoulders, how her smile was so genuine and her eyes were beautiful graceful slits on her face.

Aiden often told me that I looked like her and I was happy knowing that I'm somewhere even close to the beauty of my mother. And as for my dad,he was super dad. He was just as handsome as my mom was beautiful. He was old, yes, but he didn't have a dad bod or he didn't crack some stupid jokes. He made me laugh in the simplest of simple ways, played with me in all his free time and taught me some important life lessons.

I and Aiden didn't have a regular The talk.All my other friends felt awkward and stupid talking to their parents about that stuff but for us it was like listening to a story with a moral. Dad would make up funny stories about something and mom would tell us the consequences and moral of it while glaring at dad to be serious someday in his life.

"What are you girls doing in Aiden's room? Weren't you all playing dress up or something?",she teased.

"Mom",I groaned. "We don't play dress up."

She chuckled and said,"Alright alright. Don't trouble Aiden and make sure you guys do your homework before you're too tired." I looked up at Aiden with a pout on my face. "Do I trouble you Aidey-bear?"

His face softened and merged into a soft smile. "Mom don't trouble Annie",he said hugging me tightly. My mom smiled at us and left us to be. Whosh!

We were all sprawled in our living room when the door bell rang signalling us the arrival of our beloved father. I and Aiden ran towards the door and jumped in our dad's arms. "Daddy'O",I and Aiden said happily. "My bears",Dad chuckled and kept us down.

"How was work Hon?",Mom asked as she pecked his lips lightly. I can see how much my parents love each other in their eyes and through their actions. They still share gooey eyes and knowing smiles just like in the movies.

I'm glad my parents are still madly in love because most of my friend's parents are broken up or living separately. I'm happy that I have both my mom and dad to love me and to show me that love is undousing.

Dad stayed with us till the end of Liar liar. Jim Kerry was hillarious. Dad yawned loundly making all the girls giggle and I scrunched my nose in disgust. I was lying on top of Daddy, his arms around me tightly as he tried tickling me. "You're so yucky sometimes",I said. "But you love me don't you Anna-bear?",he teased.

"What if I said no?",I challenged.

"Then I'll tickle you to death",he said.

I rubbed my chin in thought before,"No!"

He looked at me with his playfully twinkling eyes and said,"You called trouble Anne." He lunged to grab me as I had started crawling away. He tickled me furiously as all the other girls and daddy laughed. Aiden was in   his room, strumming his guitar. Where's my other half when I need him?

Dad slowly moved from me to tickle other girls. Soon the room was full of laughter. As if sensing my calls of need, Aiden appeared downstairs with wide eyes. "Aiden!",I called. "The big monster is troubling the princess."

He lunged towards daddy and started pulling him away from us yelling,"No one troubles the pretty princess."

I and Aiden along with others pinned dad to the ground. "Where will you go now you big monster?",I said smirking. "I will call my monster-queen for my rescue",he said.

"Monster-queen monster-queen! Help me",he cried for my mom. My mom came laughing in the living room. "You guys beat him again?",she asked.

We all nodded in pride. "Jeez Con, you can't take on a couple of ten year olds?",she teased. My dad rolled his eyes playfully and said,"Help me silly."

Mom chucked and said,"Kid's, go to your rooms and do that homework you never did." We all scrambled upstairs but I and Aiden stayed lingering on the last step, trying to peek what our parents were doing.

My mom gave my dad a hand to get up and he flicked her nose before kissing it lightly making my mom smile.

"He's so whipped",Aiden laughed. "I know. I want to be like them someday",I said honestly. "You will Anne. You'll find your perfect someone",Aiden said pecking my cheek in affection.

"But I'm happy with the four of us",I said smiling at him. "So am I",Aiden smiled. "But I could really use someone to fill in some brains in that empty bucket over there",Aiden said tapping my forehead.

I flicked him off and laughed,"I don't know why I tolerate you." "Because I'm awesome",Aiden said puffing his chest. We looked at each other and dissolved in a feat of laughter. "That you are Aiden. My awesome twin",I smiled happily.

"I love you so much Aid",I said. He smiled at me in his soft boyish grin which made all the girls swoon over him. "I love you too my little munchkin sister."

____________________________________

So....I'm going to do the next chapters with a little time gap between the other. They will symbolize how the years have changed and how the kids are growing up.

Yes,the story will end soon. Precisely I will be writing only 30 chapters. Instead of stretching them to about 3000 words, I've realized that they are a lot sweeter when it's short and genuine. So here is another one...

4 more to go...

QOD:Do you want me to do a cast at the end?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 252 27
When (M/n) (L/n) is brought over to the WWE, he meets some familiar faces but mostly a lot of new faces......Maybe some are out to get him..... Cover...
46.6K 1.1K 72
"The bluest eyes in Texas, are haunting me tonight." Extended Summary inside Johnny Lawrence X OC
5.1K 78 19
Editing every chapters because I was a dumbo kid when I started writing this book. Now that I am a grown up and I can correct my errors confidently...
217K 5.3K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc