The Dragon Princess

Από HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... Περισσότερα

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Crafting Protection
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Romantic Night
Confessions
Now or Never
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Reassurance and Curiosity
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Birthday Celebrations
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done
Thinking Emotions

Trust and Comfort

278 13 3
Από HeavensAngels_

Astrid's P.O.V.

I look to Hiccup as he holds me in his arms. Unsure of what to do, we both just stay there looking to one another. He caught me after I started to lose my balance and now here we are, inches away from each other. Any closer and I swear we would share a kiss.

Before I know it, Hiccup picks me up bridal style. He holds me close and brings me to the couch. My cheeks burn with heat as I watch him. Unsure of what to do, I hold onto him and stay quiet. Surprisingly the feel of being in his arms is quite comforting. I actually wouldn't mind staying here for awhile.

Much to my dismay, Hiccup sets me down. I sit there on the couch and mentally scream at my self for wanting to stay in his arms. I can't be liking him this quickly! He could be messing with me! He could actually be the man from my past. But the way he interacts with me is much kinder. He's gentle and always seems to have caution.

"Are you alright?" I look over to Hiccup who sits next to me, worry over his face.

I nod. "I am, thank you." The heat remains on my cheeks as we share a look with each other.

He sighs in relief. "Thank Thor. Let me grab you something to eat."

I watch as he gets up from the spot next to me and walks over to the kitchen. As he continues cooking, I realize how worried he was. The worry in his eyes was something I have only seen a couple of times. Mostly from my sister and parents. Not once have I had a gentleman give me that look. Not even the love from 200 years ago.

I truly start to wonder how different this Hiccup is. I've seen some differences over the past couple of days. Not once though have I actually taken the chance to get to know him. I've learned a couple of things that he enjoys to do, but none of them are who he is as a person. I guess that is something I'll have to work on.

My thoughts get interrupted when Hiccup walks over to me with a plate full of freshly made food. "Here you are." Hiccup hands me the plate of fish. "Soup is almost done."

I look up to him. "Thank you."

Taking the plate out of his hand, I can smell the deliciousness of the fish before me. It smells amazing. Now that I think on it, I haven't had fish in such a long time. I can only image how this is going to taste.

As Hiccup goes back to the kitchen to grab some food for himself, I continue to look at the plate in front of me. I can literally feel my mouth water and my stomach grumble.

"You don't have to wait for me. Go ahead, eat."

I look up to see Hiccup watching me stare at my food. I blush slightly in embarrassment. "Right.... sorry."

I look to the food and finally take the much wanting bite. The moment the fish hits my tongue, flavor bursts forth everywhere. I never realized how much I missed fish! It's so good! Especially this one! I didn't even realize how amazing well Hiccup cooked!

"This is amazing!" I tell him as I take another bite.

He watches me and chuckles a little bit. "Thank you, I'm glad your enjoying it."

I giggle and continue to eat, along with Hiccup. Man, I wish I had this sooner!

~~Later~~
Hiccup's P.O.V.

After dinner, I clean up the dishes as Astrid sits on the couch. I glance over to her every now and then to see her look around the house. I watch as she looks over to the bookcase as well as the fireplace in front of her. I even watch as she pulls her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them.

She must be cold. I think.

When I'm done with the dishes, I decide to make Astrid a cup of hot cocoa. This along with a blanket should help warm her up if she's cold. I heat up the water and put some of the cocoa mix into a coffee mug. Once the water is hot enough, I pour it into the cup and mix up the cocoa. I add some marshmallows as well as some whip cream.

I walk over to her and hand her the cocoa. "Here you are."

She looks up to me in surprise before taking it was a small smile. "Thank you."

I nod and grab a blanket from a chest hidden under the stairs. It's a blue blanket with a dragon on it. It's called a Deadly Nadder, one that I learned about in my dragon mythology books. I take the blanket and bring it over to Astrid, laying it across her lap.

I watch as her cheeks deepen in color at the gesture. "Thank you...." She looks to the blanket and gently runs her hand against it, as if she knows it.

I shrug and smile. "I thought you a little chilly."

"I was actually. Thank you." She looks up to me and smiles.

After I nod her in welcome, I walk over and grab my own cup of hot chocolate. I put a few marshmallows in my cup and walk over toward the couch. Before taking a seat on the couch, I throw another log on the fire. After doing that, I plop down on the couch next to Astrid.

She slowly sips her cup of cocoa as she looks to the fire. The two of us stay quiet, not sure what to say to one another. I feel like I have everything to say and yet nothing at all. After a couple of moments I look away and watch the fire. I rack my brain for anything to say. Any questions or statements. There must be something I could talk to her about. And then I remember I found her unconscious on the floor. She was here and I had no clue as to why. I guess there's something to discuss.

I take a glance at Astrid before clearing my throat. "So... I found you on the ground unconscious when I came home." I watch as Astrid stiffens a bit as she takes her cocoa. She keeps her gaze to the fire. "Are you alright? Is everything okay?" I ask.

She takes a shuddered breath before speaking. "I... I'm alright now. Thank you."

"Is it alright if I ask what brought you here?" I look to her.

"I.... I was drawn here." She speaks quietly.

I raise an eyebrow. "Drawn here?"

She nods slowly. "Yeah."

I notice that as we chat, she seems to be hiding something. She acts as if she can't trust me with anything. She doesn't want to tell anyone what happened. It may actually help her out in the end if she tells someone. Even if it's not me.

"Astrid...." I slowly reach my hand forward and gently place it on top of her hands. "You can trust me. I promise. Whatever it is, you can tell me. I won't tell anyone else. You have my word."

She looks to my hand and then slowly up to me. She glances to the fire as she takes a deep breath. "The man of my past used to live here. He had bought this home to be close to me." She starts quietly. "I... I wanted to come see if it had changed at all. Or if it stayed the same. I walked in and.. and I couldn't stop the memories from flooding in. He.... He......" I watch as a tear rolls down her cheek. "He would kiss me and tell me he loved me. Everything here makes me think of how foolish I was to trust him! To love him!"

She starts to cry and bend her head down. I take both of our cups and place them on a nearby table before wrapping her into a hug. I hold her close and gently run a hand through her hair. "He's not here to hurt you. Not anymore."

I feel her grab onto me tight as she cries. I continue to keep her close to me and gently rub her back. She must've passed out after all of the memories appeared in her mind. It must've been an overload. If only I was here to help her. To be here for her in case something happened. I can only imagine how she's feeling right now.

After a little while, she slowly stops crying. I keep her close to me and gently look down at her. Her head rests on my chest as she looks to the fire. I continue to gently rub her back, hoping that it helps comfort her.

Instead of saying anything to her, I slightly position myself so her head is resting on my shoulder. She doesn't seem to care or notice the slight movement as she watches the flames flicker. I take the blanket and gently drape it across her, making sure that she stays warm. I keep an arm wrapped around her and pull her close, letting her know that I'm here.

She doesn't seem to mind and just continues to watch the flames until she slowly drifts to sleep. I look down to her when she does and keep her close to me, not wanting to let her go. I want to try and keep her safe for as long as I can. So, instead of getting up and bringing her to my bed, I end up falling asleep on the couch with her in my hold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Everyone!!

Now we finally some adorable moments with our wonderful Hiccstrid! I sure do hope you liked their special moments!

I started this chapter earlier this morning and then had to go through my father's things before I could finish it and publish it for all of you to read! But now you have it and I sure hope you enjoyed it!

You all should know the drill by now, the next chapter will be published after I work on two other stories!

If you have any ideas for the next chapter, please let me know! I would love to hear them! Also feel free to tell me what you think!

Thank you all for reading! I enjoyed writing this chapter just as much as you enjoyed reading it!

Love you all, and thank you!!!

~~HeavensAngels_😇

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

27.9K 903 53
At the age of 20, Hiccup and Merida get married. They were so deeply in love at the time that they thought love would last. Sadly it didn't and the t...
73.2K 642 9
After asking Astrid for a sleepover, the young couple sleeps together in the same bed for the first time. It quickly becomes a habit for Astrid and H...
16.6K 220 13
Astrid goes to a party and gets drunk and mistake sleep with Snotlout who is always flirting with her. once Hiccup finds out he fall down a deep dark...
116K 2.5K 68
Astrid and Hiccup are both detectives. They solve cases and bring justice to ones who need it. Hiccup has had a crush on Astrid since he started his...