Perfect Fit | August Alsina

By emmanesiadior

Gianna Romano is the daughter of feared Italian Mafia boss, Mateo Romano. After graduating high school in It... More

Introduction
Characters
1: Prologue
2: New York
3: Aftermath
4: Fierce and Cold-blooded
5: Information
6: More Information
7: Erotic
8: You Again
9: Confessions
10: Explanations
11: Coming Together
12: Making Plans
14: Work To Do
15: The Art of Seduction
16: Interrogation
17: Intensive Care
18: Decisions
19: Back Home
20: Mothers
21: The Softer Side
22: Closer And Closer
23: An Eventful Night
24: Furioso Mafioso
25: Mafia Headquarters
26: Broken and...Betrayed?
27: Breaking Down
28: Explosive
29: His Truth
30: Saved
31: Finally Official
32: Welcome to Italy
33: An Open Discussion
34: Numb
35: The Reason
36: Apologies and Acceptance
37: Taking Care of Business
38: More Discussions and Apologies
39: The Creative Side
40: One Step Closer
41: Better
42: Preparations
43: Miami
44: Handling Business
45: Bad Introductions and Old Issues
46: A Better Introduction
47: Make It Right
48: Mr and Mrs Romano
49: Love Faces
50: Epilogue
Perfect Fit Sequel

13: Ferris Wheels, Candy Floss and Kisses

1K 49 32
By emmanesiadior

From the title, you should have a fair idea of what this chapter is..

The remainder of the week had been full of planning and taking care of business, plus attending classes for everyone but Devonte of course. They were all focused on putting their plan into action as fast as possible but everything behind the scenes had to be solidified first before they could do anything. Angelica had been successful in getting information on any upcoming events that Tony may attend, all of which were passed onto Gianna who could make her move when she was ready, with the approval of Von. It was all on go.

Saturday had rolled around quickly due to everyone being occupied but that meant one thing, it was the day of Gianna and Antonio's date and Alexis, Constance, Maria and Elena were all at their friends apartment helping her get ready for the evening. Devonte, Alexis and Elena had spoken to Constance and Maria about Gianna's situation to give them a better understanding of everything. They were never and could never be mad at their friend. Regardless of who she was or what her family was tied to, that was their friend and they loved her.

"So where's he taking you?" Constance asked while sipping on some wine.

"Honestly, I have no idea and he wouldn't tell me either."

Elena laughed. "Well let's hope it's something more on the thoughtful side because I know how you can be."

"Mmm. A dinner is nice every once and a while and I'll always be appreciative of that, but I like a man who thinks outside the box and gets creative. Anyone can treat you to dinner and shower you with things, but what about something simple you know?"

"Wow! Eighteen with high expectations." Constance mused. "As you should boo, as you should."

"The real question is, how many guys have actually pulled out the creative side of themselves for you?"

Gianna looked at Maria and giggled. "Well truthfully only one, but he was as boring as they come and I'm sure he paid one of his servants to put that shit together because he didn't even know what a teepee was and we were literally sitting in it."

"Servants? Damn you dated rich boys?"

"Meh."

"She really only went on dates with them because her father is known as a businessman not a mafioso, so all the other business people that have kids thought of her as a worthy girl for their sons." Elena stated before busting out laughing.

"I only did it for the sake of my father and I only went on a date with two of the boys. One was that failure of a date I just told you about and the other one was at this chic restaurant that only served snails and all this weird stuff that was way overpriced, plus he was way too up himself for my liking. Exactly why I'm single right now."

"Single for now." Maria mused.

Gianna was about to reply when her phone buzzed in her hand. Antonio was downstairs waiting. She quickly texted him back that she was heading down before putting her phone in her purse and turning to her friends.

"How do I look?"

"Honey, if I swung that way you'd get my attention right away." Constance laughed and shot a playful wink at her friend.

"You play too much girl. Anyway, I'll be back later on. Don't mess up my apartment."

With that, Gianna left the apartment and went straight to the elevator. On the way down she hoped that tonight would go smoothly and that Antonio wouldn't turn out to be boring like the handful of other guys she'd dated back in Italy. It was easy for someone to put on a front but eventually the real them would show and she just prayed that what she was seeing with Antonio was what she would be getting. The elevator stopped and opened making her take a deep breath before exiting altogether. She politely greeted the security guards before her eyes set on Antonio who was already staring at her with a wide smile plastered on his face as he leaned up against his Audi.

"Wow, you look beautiful." He said softly while pulling her in for a hug and even placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you. You look good too."

When they pulled away Antonio helped her get into his car before jogging around to the driver's side and getting in himself. He started it up and began driving out of the complex. The radio played lowly as they got onto the streets of a bustling New York City. They shared conversation about random things for the duration of the drive. Twenty minutes later they'd pulled into a parking lot that was illuminated by bright, flashing lights. Gianna looked up and gasped at what was in front of her.

"A carnival?!"

Antonio chuckled as he stepped out of the car and then went around to help her out. "Yeah. I didn't take you as just the restaurant type and I thought this would be fitting. You're not scared or anything right?"

They joined hands and walked towards the entrance.

"Definitely not, I love carnivals. Though I haven't been to one in many years."

"I come to this each year when it's in town with my little brother and sister, it's kinda like my treat to them since I don't see them very often. It's like with school, work and football all my time is taken up."

"At least you make the effort. I'm sure they love those moments."

He nodded. "Yeah, this is their favourite place to be. It helps that they switch things up every year to keep the people coming back for more. But enough about me, tonight is about us. About you."

_ _ _

Antonio Rodgers

I really, really like this girl and I'm thankful she gave me a chance, especially with the stereotypes of a college football star. Girls throw themselves at me all the time and I know that people expect me to be fucking any and everybody, but that's not me at all. I'm out there, known on campus and I know how to have a good time, but I don't just go around engaging in sexual relations with anybody. My main focus is always on school - football and keeping my grades up for the sake of my scholarship which is the only reason I'm at such a nice college because my family is not wealthy at all.

I never grew up with a father because I was the product of a one night stand. My mother's family wanted her to give me up or get an abortion but she didn't want that. She wanted me and she vowed from the day she found out that she was pregnant that she'd do her best to raise me right and provide me with everything I would ever need in life, even if it meant her going without. She's sacrificed so much for me and my siblings which is why I work so hard to be successful. I want to be the change. I want to be the one to prove to people that you can come from nothing and be something. I want to provide a life where my mom doesn't have to work three jobs, where she doesn't even have to work one. I want to provide a life that secures my family living comfortably without having to worry about the next light bill or what we're going to eat for the next week.

And I know you're probably wondering about the Audi..how do I have such a car but have no real money? Well truthfully it doesn't belong to me, it belongs to a friend of mine who needed someone to drive and maintain it while he's overseas for the next few years. He knew I needed a car and offered his to me while he was gone, just so I wouldn't have to put myself into debt to get one - that way I could save and buy one out right.

Currently I work two jobs. I work a few shifts at a local arcade, which doesn't pay that great but it is something and then I dive into other business that is more dangerous and the opposite of legal. It's a hard life but I got that hustle in me and I'll do what I have to do to survive.

"Oh my god, that bear is so cute!"

I looked in the direction where Gianna was pointing, seeing one of the many mini games that had prizes. She'd noticed one of the giant teddy bears. I chuckled and stared down at her.

"You want that one?"

She giggled. "Can you win the game is the question."

"Oh baby trust me, I got this."

I let go of her hand when we made it to the stall and gave the man how much was needed to play. Gia stood off to the side as I got into position. Lucky for me this was a throwing game and being a football player, I had the arm for it. Sure enough as soon as the buzzer sounded off, I started throwing the small tennis balls as the different object that would pop up, hitting each and every one of them with ease. This continued for several minutes until the game eventually came to an end and the man stepped back into view with a shocked expression on his face.

"You got a good arm on ya boy, no ones ever knocked all them down." He pointed to the prizes. "Choose anyone you want."

Of course I got the one that Gianna had first spotted. After the man grabbed it and handed it over to me, I turned to Gia with a smile.

"For you, beautiful."

"Thank you." She blushed as she took the bear from my hands and admired it. "I love it."

"Don't mention it. What do you want to do next? I mean we've done just about everything but it's up to you, I know it's getting late and you probably want to go home and rest."

"How about we grab some candy floss and go on the ferris wheel? That's the only thing we haven't tried yet."

I intertwined my hand with hers again. "Lead the way."

_ _ _

Gianna and Antonio got some candy floss, one of her favourite things, before making their way over to the ferris wheel. It was nearing midnight and the carnival would be closing soon, so this would be their final ride for the night. The line was almost nonexistent so they were at the front in no time. Antonio got into the carriage first then Gianna got in after, sitting next to him and placing the bear on the floor in front of them. Both continued to snack on the candy floss as the ride began.

"New York looks even more beautiful from up here." Gianna stated as she admired the view of all the buildings and lights.

"You know what else is even more beautiful up here?"

She turned her head in his direction. "What?"

"You."

The two stared into each other's eyes for several minutes, not once blinking. Antonio rested his hand on Gianna's cheek and softly caressed it with his thumb while his eyes darted between her eyes and lips. She looked at him the same, her eyes darting between his own eyes and lips. That mutual feeling was there. As the ferris wheel went up a second time, the two slowly began leaning in until finally their lips locked together. Gianna dropped the candy floss and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her as their kiss intensified. Antonio's arms wrapped around her and he held her tightly, letting his feelings be known through the kiss he'd been longing to give her. 

_

_

_

Questions + Responses:

They went on their date 😊 thoughts?

Thoughts on Antonio? Y'all found out more about him and his upbringing..

They kissed!!!

Vote, comment & share 😁✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 54 13
Arabella Lila Romano A name given to her. A name so powerful to make even the strongest fear. The only daughter of Armando Romano. The Italian mafia...
524K 10.6K 62
237K 4.1K 31
βœ“ COMPLETED βœ“ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
22.9K 607 22
VALENTINA RUSSO. ( Lombardi ) She is an assassin cold but well mannered, sweet and talkative only for her mom and her loved one...