Mixing of Snow and Sand

By kat1315

Mia Hosaka, the only survivor from the Village Hidden in the Snow, a village long forgotten from the attack o... More

Chapter 1: A Village Long Forgotten
Chapter 2: Connections of the Past
Chapter 3: Demonic Sand
Chapter 4: Cursed
Chapter 5: Someone Precious...
Chapter 6: One Month
Chapter 7: Temari's Wind
Chapter 8: Gaara's Demon
Chapter 9: Childhood Memories
Chapter 10: Forced Out
Chapter 11: Village Hidden in the Sand
Chapter 12: Change of Scenery
Chapter 13: A New Beginning
Chapter 14: Hosaka Legacy
Chapter 15: Kisame and Itachi
Chapter 16: Rescue Attempt
Chapter 17: Haku
Chapter 18: Clouded Truth
Chapter 19: A New Technique
Chapter 20: Her Answer
Chapter 21: The Curse Grows
Chapter 22: The Night Everything Changed
Chapter 23: Body Guard
Chapter 24: A Month Later
Chapter 25: Brother vs. Sister
Chapter 26: Sasuke Retrieval
Chapter 27: A Choice to Make
Chapter 28: True to Yourself
Chapter 29: Osore Reveals
Chapter 30: Shei's True Form
Chapter 31: Breaking the Link
Chapter 32: Truth Behind the Wolves
Chapter 33: Reason for Happiness
Chapter 34: New Kazekage
Chapter 35: Surprise Attack
Chapter 36: Argument
Chapter 37: Hope
Chapter 38: Back Home
Chapter 39: Sad Truth
Chapter 40: The Akatsuki
Chapter 41: Transfusion
Chapter 43: Gone...
Chapter 44: Bide our Time
Chapter 45: Goodbye
Chapter 46: Truth of the Osore
Chapter 47: Darkness Consumes
Chapter 48: Orochimaru's Betrayal
Chapter 49: Shei's Story
Chapter 50: Chatting
Chapter 51: The Akatsuki Strike
Chapter 52: Day Off
Chapter 53: Madara

Chapter 42: Emergency Surgery & Jonin Level

17 1 0
By kat1315

Kakashi's POV

The next morning we took off again for the village, Mia still hadn't woken up but her heart beat was strong and she was still breathing normally which was a good sign. Sakura was still a little weak from the transfusion so Naruto was helping her as we went. The two of them had really grown since Sasuke disappeared from the village. Mia had grown as well, she was strong, to be able to match the enemies movements with her own, while having such a serious injury. She really did inherit Sayaka's instincts.

"Kakashi-sensai, we should be crossing the border soon!" Naruto called back to me.

"Just keep moving, we need to get Sakura and Mia back to village!" I called up to him.

"D...dad..." I heard her weak voice speak up to me. I looked down at her face and saw it was pale.

"How are you feeling?" I muttered.

"Tired...how is...Sakura...?" She also inherited her kindness.

"She's a little weak, but she's okay."

"g...ga...ara..." Her voice faded away as she fell back unconscious. The lack of blood was most likely causing it. I had sent a report last night but I knew that Lord Kazekage was going to be worried.

I promise Gaara, I will get her back safe.

~

*Day Later*

The village was coming into view and we hadn't seen Itachi or Kisame since. I was worried that they were waiting for the right chance to strike, but that would have been when Mia was having her transfusion...so what were they waiting for?

"You're back." Shikamaru and his squad appeared alongside us.

"Yeah, Ino could you let Lady Tsunade know?" She gave a firm nod and took Sakura from Naruto going on ahead.

"How is Mia?" Shikamaru asked when he noticed the paleness of her skin.

"She's not doing great, we need to get her to the hospital."

~

Gaara's POV

Okami, Temari and I hadn't been able to sleep or do anything until Okami perked up and started barking at the door. Kankuro yawning came out of the room to see Kakashi standing at the door with Naruto.

"Where is she?" I asked immediately.

"She's at the hospital, Grandma Tsunade is assessing her injuries now. She wanted us to stop by to tell you that she will be okay in her care." It still didn't make me feel better.

"I want to go and see her."

"Lord Kazekage, trust me when I say you don't want to see the condition she is in." Kakashi muttered. This made me want to go and see her more.

"You're not deterring me. I want to see her now." I pushed past the two of them and made my way to the hospital.

"I figured Kakashi and Naruto weren't going to be able to stop you." I turned sharply and saw Lady Tsunade standing there, or more specifically one of her clones.

"Then why did you bother sending them?"

"Because I knew you would tear the whole village apart until you found her. Please just let Kakashi and I do our job to help her." So Kakashi had sent a clone as well.

"I need to be with her. If she's in as bad a condition as you say then I want to be with her if she..." I trailed off and Tsunade seemed to understand.

"I'll have the staff let you in."

"Thank you." She disappeared and I immediately rushed over to the hospital, where the staff led me to a viewing area over where she was being operated on. Her arm was a bloody mess, her skin was pale and sunken in, she looked like she was already dead.

"Sand Jinchuriki." I heard a gruff voice in my ear. I turned sharply to see Shei for the first time. His eyes were a blood red and he had black fur that stretched into endless darkness. This was the beast that had been sealed inside of Mia when she was a child...

"How is she?" I asked, when I saw her floating in the waters of her mind. She still looked the same as she did on the table, like she was already gone.

"She's dying. There is only so much I can do, she doesn't have natural healing like Naruto. I can heal her body faster than most but she still has a normal body. Tsunade and Kakashi are working tirelessly to save her life, but I fear it won't be enough." I frowned as her body sunk a little deeper into the water.

"Is there anything that can be done?"

"I think if you spoke to her. Reached out to save her from the darkness, maybe...she will find the will to pull through. You are the most important person in her life right now. Everything she did was to protect you and your family." I took a step towards her floating body.

Gaara, what are you doing here? In the place of where her body was was the child version of herself. One I hadn't seen in many years.

"Mia, you have to stay here. There are so many people who care about you, so many who would be upset if you passed." She frowned.

But I could see them all again...my mother, father, even Haku. I could make amends for what happened and what I blamed them for. It would be like a fresh start.

"What about your friends here!? Your father?! Do they mean nothing to you? Do I mean nothing to you?" I demanded, causing the same child to flinch.

You mean everything to me, Gaara...you were the first person to see me, the first to befriend me as a child. I'm scared...I don't want to die...

"Then fight, fight with everything you have." I stared her down and the child vanished, in its place the present Mia was standing there.

Thank you, Gaara. And thank you Shei, I know you brought him here to help. You may not want to admit it but we have become quite close over the years. I heard the grunt of Shei in the background, not wanting to admit she was right. I'll be okay, just continue to stay by my side. I will come back to you, Gaara-kun.

The world faded back into reality and I turned back to see color coming back into her face. Tsunade and the others were surprised to see her vitals starting to go back to normal. Tsunade and Kakashi looked up at me as I gave them a firm nod.

~

Afterwards she was taken to a room to recover. After some time of sitting next to her unconscious body I saw she was starting to wake up. She looked pale still, but she was alive and that was all that mattered. It wasn't until the following morning that Okami, Temari and Kankuro came to the hospital.

"How is she doing?" Temari asked.

"She's going to be okay, but she needs a lot of rest." I explained.

"You're such a worrywart." Mia's voice giggled softly up at me.

"You could've..." I didn't want to finish to sentence.

"I know. But you saved me."  She muttered.

"Huh?" Kankuro asked.

"I was dying. I...had been content with it. Until Shei and Gaara brought me back to my senses." She explained.

"Mia..." Temari muttered.

"Temari, Okami none of what happened was your fault. You did exactly what I asked."

"You idiot! You could've died!" Temari yelled, it was how she showed she cared.

"But I'm here, talking to all of you." It shocked everyone as she gave us a gentle smile.

"Seems you're awake." We turned to see Lady Tsunade at the entrance of the room.

"Yes."

"Its good to see you awake and talking."

"Hows Sakura and my dad?"

"They're both going to be fine. Just tired."

"You trained Sakura well. She truly is your student." Tsunade gave me a small smile.

"She truly is something special."

"She wanted to be on the same level as Naruto and Sasuke. She might be better than both of them. She's smart, strong, has amazing chakra control." Mia complimented.

"I'll let her know."

"So hows my arm?"

"It wasn't easy, but its going to be fully functioning. You'll have some nerve damage, but its better than not having an arm." She gave a small nod.

"Thank you."

"Lord Kazekage?" I looked at the door again to see Kakashi standing there. He looked exhausted but looked happy to see his daughter awake.

"Yes?"

"I would like to recommend Mia for Jonin." Everyone turned shocked.

"What?! Why?" Temari demanded.

"She was bleeding out, made a makeshift blood clot, matched their movements so as not to be discovered. She's grown significantly since she first left for the sand village. She also has all the knowledge needed, clearly you can see that?" I looked at my disheveled girlfriend. She didn't believe she was at that level, but I agreed with Kakashi.

"I do. Its why I trusted her to handle it. Though she had me worried sick." She looked at me surprised.

"Gaara, I don't deserve that. I almost got killed. How does that qualify someone for Jonin?"

"Mia, you were able to analyze the situation, despite not knowing if we were safe. You readily went to give yourself up to keep us safe. You are more deserving than most Chunin and even some of the Jonin of our village." She frowned.

"Gaara..."

"Why do you think you don't deserve it?" Kankuro cut her off.

"Kankuro, I know you think like Gaara, but--"

"But nothing! You more than deserve it. You've done everything you can to protect everyone in the village, everyone respects and reveres you as a skilled shinobi." She looked down.

"Kankuro..."

"We all respect and acknowledge your devotion to the village and supporting Gaara." She sighed finally.

"Alright alright. I get what you're saying." She muttered not wanting to fight anymore.

"So you're going to make her a Jonin?" Lady Tsunade questioned.

"Yes, even if she thinks she doesn't deserve it. She is the same level as Temari and Kankuro, who were made Jonin a month ago." I smirked.

"Mia, can you explain anything new about our enemy?" She looked down at her hands.

"No...all I know is that they need me alive and that someone named Pain took an interest in me."

"Pain?" I questioned.

"I believe whoever that is, is the leader. Kisame was afraid of him." She explained.

"Ive been meaning to ask, what happened to you throat and cheek?" I remarked at the bruising around both.

"Kisame..." She muttered, before Tsunade could answer.

"What did he do?" My voice rising.

"It was my fault, I provoked him..." She was trying to calm me, but I could feel the anger burning as I thought about him beating her up. "Gaara...its fine." I glared at her sad face. She was trying so hard to stop everything that was flooding out of me. Eventually, our silent argument ended with me reluctantly sighing.

"Damn..."

"Alright, let's let her rest. She needs to rest." Lady Tsunade gestured towards the door. "And before you try you're not staying here." She glared at me and pointed towards the door like I was a child.

"But--" She glared harder which I didn't think was possible for her.

"Out."

"Could I talk with my father for a few minutes alone?" Mia asked suddenly.

"Alright, but only a couple minutes." Kakashi went to her side, Temari shoving me out the room.

~

Mia's POV

My dad sat down beside me with a warm smile underneath his mask.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because its the truth."

"Dad...he, Itachi...I saw mom, Yuto and Haku...to see them all die again..." My voice trembled.

"The Sharingan is a powerful thing. I know what you're going through. It takes its toll on the body and mind."

"What do I do to make the visions of it all stop?"

"You look towards the future and away from the past." He didn't wait for a reply simply lowered his mask, kissed my forehead and left.

Look towards the future and away from the past...easier said than done...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 61 11
Two years after her departure from the leaf village to train with Kakashi, Anna returns back home stronger than ever. Her comeback takes place some d...
820K 26.5K 46
The remains of the Fourth Shinobi War are three people. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. They are the only ones left. With his last strength, Naruto uses a...
15.5K 439 36
The Royo clan was wiped out along with the Uchiha clan and the only survivor was Sasuke's best friend Marrissa who was kidnapped by Maddara. A couple...
15.4K 685 40
akarui taiyou has been underestimated her whole life. born into the noble akarui clan, known for their caring nature and intelligent people, taiyou f...