𝕲𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈[𝕬 𝕿𝖔𝖒 𝖗𝖎𝖉...

By wonuwu4k

Everyone knew Tom Riddle. He was the golden boy of Hogwarts. The best student of his year. He wished to becom... More

A Few Words From the Author.
She is the Villain
Black and Blue
Was it Just a Dream?
The Cave
The Monster He is
Promise
Friends and Families
There Goes the Self-respect
Rom Widdle
Sorting and Sneezing
Eat a Slug
The Cliche Stuff
My Rooster
The King Of Beasts
Cookie Monster.
Eat my dust!
Tommy boy
Sea Kelp
Here's my address. So, owl me maybe.
Hogsmeade.
New Friend.
When the nightmare blooms.
Gifts.
The Williams
Tea.
Puddy Tat.
You Belong to Me, Human.
Enemies of the heir, beware.
The Truth Untold
What they say...
I had to scream, but my head was under water.
Unicorn's Blood.
Switched.
Flirting (◕ᴗ◕✿)
Punching people.
Dancing in the dark.
Please Read.
Kidnapped.
You don't mess with The Tom Riddle.
The black lake.
Lemonade.
Dragon Slayer.
No Good-byes
Oh My Chicken.
Like Father Unlike Son.
Smile again.
Picture Perfect.
Follow me.
The story has just started.
Hehe.
Notice!

Bending Realities!

3K 133 56
By wonuwu4k

Leo knew she was in hell. She was never the virtuous one. She committed countless sins throughout her life. Maybe not as serious as murder but, she vaguely remembered stealing from her school canteen quite a lot of times.

The cold breeze swept past her making her hair fall on her face. She always imagined hell to be scorching hot but it was quite welcoming. As her senses returned she finally could register her surroundings.

Her face was pressed against the cold cement of some sort. She could hear heavy, quick footsteps all around her. Her body felt very stiff and numb. Her ears were buzzing as if she was living inside a beehive.

Suddenly a cold hand pressed against her neck. She could hear someone speak but couldn't make any sense of the sounds. Her body was gently lifted off the ground in someone's arms.

Leo wanted to see what was going on. Who would want to carry her if she was in hell?

Oh maybe, they are just about to toss me into some large frying machine.

Leo willed herself to open her eyes as soon as the thought of being fried crossed her mind. At first, the surrounding was too bright for her. She had to immediately close her eyes once again.

Her body was laid down on something softer than the ground but not soft enough to be comfortable. She tried to open her eyes once again, this time slowly and successfully. She lifted her small hand to rub her eyes in order to focus her vision.

Wait, small hands? Why do I have small hands?

She looked at her own hands only to realise that they were indeed the hands of a small child. She tried to get up but a lady who she didn't really notice was there before, pushed her down.

"It's okay, my child. We won't hurt you. You need to lay down," her soft voice somehow helped Leo to calm down.

She leaned against the hard pillows and looked around in wonder.

Where on earth am I? The lady had an obvious British accent, unlike my American one. Does that mean I ...

Well, shit.

"What is your name, child? Do you know how you arrived here?"

Leo stared at her and thought for a while.

"My name is Leona Hart," as soon as the words came out of her mouth, she put one palm against her lips in shock. First of all, she had a baby voice. Second, she had a thick British accent! Did that potion come with a package deal or something?

"How did you arrive here? Are you aware of your parents?"

Should I make up a story or act clueless? Saying the truth was definitely not an option. The lady might freak out and burn me alive!

"I don't remember," she mumbled.

Leo decided to ask a few things in return. 

"What is your name?"

The lady looked at her, a bit surprised but soon smiled kindly, "You can call me Martha, dear."

"Where am I, Martha?"

"Oh, this is an orphanage. The Wool's orphanage."

Wait a minute.

That means...

Leo, feeling a sense of urgency, explained with a rushed tone, "I think I must have bumped my head somewhere because I can't seem to remember a thing. What year is it?" She accompanied her words with an awkward smile, hoping Martha would provide some clarity.

Martha, visibly taken aback but willing to help, replied, "It's the year 1936."

Leo managed to muster a weak nod, her mind racing faster than a bullet train with all the realizations hitting her like a ton of bricks.

Hold up, Tom Riddle is just a wee nine-year-old? Well, isn't that just precious?

Okay, focus, Leo, focus!

Leo's eyes narrowed as she processed the weight of Martha's words. In just three short years, the world would be thrust into the chaos of World War II. It dawned on her that her daydreams of being transported to this era had not taken into account the historical gravity that came with it.

"Are you alright, dear? Hungry, maybe?" Martha's concerned voice snapped Leo back to the present moment.

And boy did her stomach respond with a roar that could rival a lion's! Leo blushed and flashed a sheepish smile at Martha.

"Well, I guess it's about lunchtime, isn't it? Come along, dear, and I'll introduce you to the other youngsters your age," Martha suggested, her hand gently clasping Leo's tiny fingers.

Great, kids my own age. Just what I wanted. Meeting new people my age has never been my thing, even though apparently, I'm one of them now. Go figure.

Leo shook herself out of her habitual daydreaming, determined to snap out of it. "Time to wake up, girl!" she thought to herself, realizing the importance of being fully present and not missing out on important events. Embracing the chaos of being a nine-year-old in 1936 was her new mission.

Martha gently guided Leo to a table where three other children were already seated. Taking her place, Leo's eyes landed on a bowl of cold, unappetizing porridge, instantly causing her hunger to dissipate.

She glanced at her supposed companions with an uneasy expression. Across from her sat a chubby boy, enthusiastically devouring the unpalatable mush. He had brown hair, and blue eyes, and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying his food. Next to him, a girl ate her food in a more composed manner. With her long blonde hair and brown eyes, she looked much more mature than an eight-year-old.

Leo's attention then turned to the boy sitting beside her. He seemed disinterested in the porridge, his gaze fixated on something outside the window. His slightly pale complexion, dark hair, and mysterious dark eyes gave him an enigmatic aura.

As if sensing her stare the boy snapped his head towards her making her startle slightly. They both held each other gaze for quite a while and it didn't take Leo much time to realise who it actually was.

It was little Voldy! Oh the joy of having a porridge party with a soon-to-be dark lord.

However, her amusement quickly turned to irritation as the chubby boy brazenly snatched Tom's bowl and began devouring his portion as well. Leo's eyebrows furrowed, and she couldn't resist speaking up.

"Hey! Why are you taking his food?" she exclaimed, her voice laced with indignation. Her small fist pounded on the table for emphasis.

Tom, taken aback by her outburst, glanced at her with surprise. However, Leo paid no attention to his reaction, determined to confront the boy who dared to steal from her newfound companion.

"I asked you a question," she demanded, her gaze fixed firmly on the culprit.

The boy shrugged nonchalantly, seemingly unfazed by her assertiveness. "He never eats it. So, I took it," he muttered, his casual response only fueling Leo's frustration.

"Maybe it's because you never let him eat it!" Leo practically shouted at the boy, her protective instincts kicking in unexpectedly. She couldn't quite explain why she felt such a strong urge to defend Tom.

Her attention then shifted to her own bowl of porridge, and a grin spread across her face as an idea struck her. Pushing her bowl toward Tom, she offered, "Hey, I can share my food with you. You shouldn't stay hungry."

A soft gasp escaped the lips of the previously silent girl sitting next to them. Leo turned her gaze toward her, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

"You should not go near him! Mrs Cole said that he is sick, and if you touch him, you'll get sick too!" the girl warned, her voice filled with concern.

Leo's anger surged within her like a volcano ready to erupt. 

What were they teaching these children?

"What is your name, girl?" Leo sneered, her suspicion growing stronger by the second.

"I'm Amy Benson, and this is Dennis Bishop. What about you?" Amy replied, curiosity evident in her voice.

Rather than answering, Leo redirected her attention to Tom and pushed her bowl closer to him. "Go on, take a bite. And what about you? What's your name?" she asked, her eyes fixed on him intently.

Tom's gaze lingered on Leo for a moment, his dark eyes seemingly searching for something. Finally, he opened his mouth to speak, his voice confident and unwavering.

"I am Riddle. Tom Marvolo Riddle."

Do NOT squeal, inner fangirl.

"Nice to meet you, Tom. I am Leo. Now that we know each other, we can share my food," she said and took a spoonful of the cold porridge. 

Her face only said one word and that was regret. She felt as if her tongue would curl back into her throat at the weird taste of it. She forced the slime down her throat and stared off into the distance, trying to understand what just went into her digestive system.

She turned to Dennis, who seemed to have developed an inexplicable love affair with the repulsive dish, and asked, "Dennis, my man, would you like another bowl of this exquisite gourmet delight?"

Dennis nodded and eagerly took it away. She smiled at Tom apologetically and looked away in embarrassment. There was one thing for sure, Leo was never good at making friends and Tom Riddle was certainly not an easy target.

•••••••••••••••••

Leo writhed on the bed, her stomach growling in protest. The scratchy blanket felt like sandpaper against her skin, adding to her discomfort. Hunger gnawed at her insides as if her stomach was having a karate match with itself.

How did Tom even survive like this?

The thought suddenly pierced her heart with a wave of immense sadness, not just for herself, but for the young Tom Riddle as well. The realization washed over her that they were both trapped in this dismal place, each carrying their own burdens and secrets.

As Leo lay there, her stomach rumbling in protest, her sympathy for Tom grew. She couldn't help but imagine the struggles he must have faced, the hunger he endured, and the loneliness he experienced. Behind his cold exterior and mysterious aura, he was just a young boy navigating a harsh world.

Unable to tolerate the rumbling protests of her hungry stomach, Leo dramatically threw her blankets aside and leapt out of the squeaky bed. She cast a glance at the peacefully sleeping Amy beside her, envying her for falling asleep so easily. On the other side of the room, two unfamiliar boys were snoring away.

With determination in her eyes, Leo activated her stealth mode, or what she liked to call her "Midnight Ninja" persona. She gathered her courage and lifted her "stupid" nightgown up, ready to find some good food for her poor stomach.

With every passing moment, Leo hoped that her stealth would pay off, leading her to the holy grail of sustenance—the kitchen. 

Leo finally stood in front of the door to heaven- food. She slowly wrapped her fingers around the doorknob and twisted it as slowly as she could. She smiled when she found out it was not locked.

Stupid muggles.

As soon as she entered the kitchen, she started looking through cupboards and drawers for any kind of edible stuff that was not porridge. She climbed on top of a counter to reach a very high cupboard.

Bingo!

There was a jar full of cookies standing there in all its glory. Leo grinned widely and grabbed the jar with much effort. She already missed being a tall girl. She sat on top of the counter with her legs dangling down.

She twisted the jar open and took a deep inhale of the intoxicating cookie aroma. With each bite, her eyes sparkled with delight, savouring the chocolaty flavours like a cookie connoisseur.

But just as she was about to devour her sixth cookie in one glorious bite, her keen ears caught a faint sound. The crunch of her cookie came to an abrupt halt as she froze like a deer caught in headlights. With her wide-eyed gaze fixed on the closed windows, she witnessed a shadowy figure lurking beyond the glass, creeping into the dining hall.

Should I go and investigate and face an unwanted death or should I just enjoy the cookie?

Let's do both.

She shrugged and grabbed a handful of cookies, carefully balancing them while closing the jar and putting it back in its place. Leo tried her best to channel her inner ninja skills, attempting to blend into the darkness despite her unmistakably bright white nightgown.

Leo finally caught up with the midnight stroller, only to realize with a mix of amusement and disbelief that it was none other than little Voldy himself. Seriously, what were the odds? She didn't even notice they had almost reached the highest balcony of the orphanage. Squinting her eyes, she observed Tom sneakily pulling something out from underneath his sweater.

Her eyes widened like comically oversized footballs as she realized what Tom was about to do. Leo's sprint towards him was more of a stumbling, wobbly mess as she desperately tried to prevent the impending bunny disaster.

Before Tom could even process what was happening, Leo snatched the poor rabbit from his hand, clutching it protectively behind her back. Tom's icy glare pierced through her like an Arctic blast, but Leo stood her ground, pretending to be unfazed by the miniature Dark Lord.

"Give it back," Tom demanded, taking menacing steps closer to her.

"No way in hell am I going to let you do whatever you were planning to do!" Leo declared, her voice trembling with a mix of determination and pure terror. Deep down, she questioned her own sanity for standing up to a mini Voldemort.

Tom stared at her with a chilling intensity, the air around them crackling with tension. A minute passed, feeling like an eternity, before he finally turned away, his gaze shifting to the distance.

"Tom, wait!" Leo blurted out without a second thought, surprising herself with her own audacity. Tom halted in his tracks, waiting expectantly for her next words.

Great genius. Now what?

"I...I was thinking that you... might want a cookie!" she squeaked out, revealing her stash of half-crushed cookies. 

Tom glanced down at the crumbly treats, then back up at Leo, his expression a mixture of curiosity and suspicion. Leo knew he would likely refuse, but she couldn't bear to see him withering away, just skin and bones from the lack of food.

Leo took it upon herself to ensure he had at least one bite. In a flash of determined awkwardness, she closed the distance between them and forcefully shoved a cookie into his unsuspecting mouth. Without a second thought, she strategically placed another cookie inside his shirt pocket, doing her best to avoid eye contact.

"There you go, Tom. A cookie for survival," she said, her voice laced with a blend of earnest concern.

Then, with the quivering rabbit safely nestled against her chest, Leo bolted back to her room as if she were being chased down by a herd of stampeding mooses. She barged through the door and dived under her blankets, creating a makeshift fort of safety in record time. The tiny rabbit wiggled about in the cosy haven, hopping onto the pillows beside Leo's head. Her eyelids started growing heavy and soon she fell asleep hoping to see the daylight tomorrow.

Leo was jolted awake by the piercing screams of a boy echoing through the corridor outside her room. Rubbing her eyes, she yawned and stretched on her bed, resembling a lazy cat. With curiosity piqued, she swung her legs to the side and hopped off the bed to investigate the source of the commotion.

Feeling the effects of a restless night, she groggily awoke and could swear she had only managed to grab an hour of sleep. Peeking her head out of the door of her room, she noticed a small crowd of children gathering at the far end of the corridor near the staircase. Mrs Cole, still in her nightgown, seemed to indicate that she had also just woken up.

"I know you stole it, you thief!" a boy named Billy Stubbs screamed at Tom, who appeared completely unfazed. As Leo entered the scene, Tom's gaze locked onto her, though she failed to notice due to her half-asleep state.

Mrs Cole held Tom firmly by the collar, her face contorted with anger. It appeared she was not a morning person either. "Tell me, boy! Where did you hide his rabbit?" she demanded, her voice stern.

The sudden question jolted Leo out of her drowsiness, and her sleepiness melted away in an instant. Her eyes widened, now fully alert and attentive to the unfolding situation.

"Tell her, Tom. Let everyone know that you are a thief!" Billy sneered, his voice dripping with disdain. 

Leo's anger surged within her, fueled by Billy's baseless accusation. Who was he to point fingers and make accusations without any evidence?

Before things could get worse, Leo rushed back into her room and lifted her blankets to reveal the small sleeping rabbit. She grabbed it and quickly returned to Mrs Cole, who was about to hit Tom.

"Look, here's Billy's rabbit. It was with me," Leo exclaimed, placing herself between Tom and Mrs Cole to protect him.

Billy gasped behind her and harshly grabbed her hair, causing her to cry out in pain. She struggled to break free from his grip, desperately trying to release herself from his hold.

"So, you did steal it! Mrs Cole will punish you now," he jeered, finally letting go. He snatched his rabbit back from her, leaving a deep scratch on her hand.

Oh, how she wished she could just strangle him.

"Tell me, girl, why did you take his rabbit without asking?" Mrs Cole interrogated with a stern expression.

"But I didn't! It was..." Leo protested, her words trailed off as she glanced at Tom, who met her gaze directly. It was then that she noticed his lips were bleeding. Surprisingly, there was no anger or fear in his eyes regarding the possibility of her exposing him. Instead, he wore an expression that seemed almost...bored.

It's not like he would care if I saved him. I never took the blame for anyone else, why take the blame for a stranger like him? I am definitely going to turn him in.

Leo pressed her lips together and glanced at Mrs Cole who was waiting for her reply.

"I...I stole it. I am sorry."

You had one job, Leo!

Without warning, Mrs Cole abruptly slapped Leo across the face, causing her head to snap to the side. Shocked and in pain, Leo instinctively placed her palm against her stinging cheek, fighting back tears that threatened to escape.

"That should teach you some manners! Let's go, Billy," Mrs Cole said, leading Billy away as they left the corridor. Tom, too left her alone and vanished somewhere.

Don't cry, Leo. You are a big girl. Don't cry.

Leo was not very good at convincing herself. Her eyes burst into tears as she ran aimlessly. She eventually found herself in the small playground of the orphanage, her feet coming to a halt. Frantically, she wiped her tears away, but they continued to fall.

She walked around some more and stopped again when she saw a very familiar boy sitting under a huge tree with his back facing her. She approached him with light footsteps in order to see what he was up to again.

As Leo drew closer, she could hear Tom hissing and noticed his intense gaze fixed upon the ground. It took her a moment to realize what was happening. Startled, she nearly jumped out of her skin when Tom abruptly turned his head towards her, as if sensing her presence.

However, her attention quickly shifted to the sight before her—an unmistakably bright green snake sitting in front of Tom. Leo swallowed her fear and mustered her courage, cautiously approaching the boy with careful steps, determined to confront the situation head-on.

"Aren't you scared of the snake?" Leo inquired, curiosity lacing her voice.

Tom remained silent, completely absorbed in observing the reptile. Leo couldn't help but acknowledge the snake's beauty, though a part of her wondered about the potential danger it posed.

"Can I sit with you?" she ventured, hoping for a response.

Once again, Tom offered no reply. Undeterred, Leo shrugged and settled herself beside him. However, her regret was immediate as the snake hissed harshly in her direction. In response, Tom hissed back at it, astonishing Leo. She was awestruck, realizing that she was witnessing someone speaking Parseltongue—a language she never expected to witness with her own eyes.

The snake appeared to calm down, allowing Leo to release the breath she had been holding.

"You can speak to snakes," Leo whispered in awe. Tom glanced at her, his gaze acknowledging her statement. Leo's eyes then shifted downward, noticing the injury on his lips. Moved by a sense of empathy, she gently lifted her palm and used her thumb to wipe away a trace of blood from the corner of his mouth.

"I'm sorry, Tom," she murmured, her voice filled with genuine remorse. "It's my fault that you got in trouble."

He didn't respond. Instead, he lifted his hand towards her making her flinch away in fear. But she calmed down once his cold palm pressed softly against her throbbing cheek.

"You lied."

To save your sorry ass. A thank you would be nice.

Oh, how much she wanted to voice out her thoughts. Tom removed his hands, causing Leo to pout slightly in disappointment. The snake hissed and slithered toward the girl, sending a shiver down her spine. She had to summon every ounce of willpower to prevent herself from screaming like a banshee.

"He says that he likes you," Tom spoke up.

Leo blinked in surprise, needing a moment to process what she had just heard. "I beg your pardon?"

"The snake. He likes you," Tom repeated, his tone remaining unchanged.

Leo's mind was flooded with conflicting emotions. Should she feel proud or concerned?

"Oh, can I pet him? Wait, do snakes like to be petted?"

Tom hissed out something and then nodded at her. Leo gulped and stretched a shaky hand towards the snake who was staring back at her with its yellow slits. It had a small head. So she caressed its head with one finger making it slither closer to her.

Leo couldn't help but coo at the snake, her fear vanishing as she was overcome by its undeniable cuteness. She beamed at Tom, who silently observed the entire scenario. With a sense of contentment, she gently stopped petting the snake and allowed it to return to its home.

"Why are you not like the others?" Tom suddenly inquired, breaking the silence.

Leo's smile faded instantly.

Does he think I am weird?

Well, obviously! I befriended a freaking snake instead of getting closer to him.

Leo stood up, her unease evident as she took a few steps away from Tom. "I...I should go back and change," she stuttered, her voice faltering. "Thank you for...never mind." With a mix of confusion and apprehension, she swiftly turned and hurried back inside the orphanage, leaving Tom behind.

Leo, you can't even confront a nine-year-old.

[Edited: 14/7/23]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 724 76
As orphans, you and Tom Riddle have more in common than having no parental figures in your lives. One day, it turns out that you, too, can use magic...
1.2M 50K 47
In Horace Slughorn's defence, he couldn't have known that all this would happen. All he had wanted to do was play match-maker between his two favouri...
100K 4.1K 16
Everything about him was poisonous, his looks, his power and, most of all, his magic. And yet, she knew she would never want him to change, because...
167K 3.1K 45
A Tom Riddle love story 《NOW COMPLETE 》 He is not supposed to feel love born under the influence of a love portion,but there are exceptions to every...