The Karate Kid | Daniel LaRus...

By gxldelvis

🥋⇒ Book 1/3 of The Karate Kid Series [IN PROGRESS] In September of 1984, Daniel LaRusso isn't too enthusiast... More

Cast
Chapter One - South Seas
Chapter Two - Adios Summer
Chapter Three - Baby Browns
Chapter Four - A Done Deal
Chapter Five - She Buries Judy
Chapter Six - The Bike 'Accident'
Chapter Seven - Bonsai Tree
Chapter Nine - The Halloween Dance [Pt. 2]
Chapter Ten - Dojo Decision
Chapter Eleven - Wax On, Wax Off
Chapter Twelve - Repercussions
Chapter Thirteen - The First Date
Chapter Fourteen - Sand The Floor
Chapter Fifteen - Beginner's Luck
Chapter Sixteen - The Final Lesson
Chapter Seventeen - Beach Training
Chapter Eighteen - The Invite
Chapter Nineteen - Lake Training
Chapter Twenty - The Country Club
Chapter Twenty-One - Banzai

Chapter Eight - The Halloween Dance [Pt. 1]

6.6K 204 809
By gxldelvis

[NEWLY EDITED 📝]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

On the night of Halloween, Daniel sat on the steps outside his apartment and watched Freddy and his friends, garbed in bizarre costumes, depart for the dance at the high school. There was no sign of Y/N being apart of that group. In fact, he didn't even know if she'd be there. He had forgotten to ask her. . .mainly because he, himself, wasn't wanting to go.

On an impulse, Daniel went to look for Mr. Miyagi. Y/N seemed rather close to the old man and perhaps she'd be with him tonight. Besides, to be with her and Mr. Miyagi would cure his feeling of loneliness.

Indeed, he found them both in Mr. Miyagi's workroom, placing carved pumpkins on a table. Y/N had heard the screen door open; she turned around and grinned widely at the sight of Daniel.

"Hi, Daniel!"

Mr. Miyagi turned around after putting down his pumpkin.

"Oh, Daniel-san. Happy Halloween." Mr. Miyagi pointed to the two carved pumpkins. "You like? Y/N-san and I carved."

"Yeah, they look nice."

"Passed school today. Lots happening." Without a reply from Daniel, Mr. Miyagi instantly realized that Daniel wasn't planning to go. "What's the matter? You not going?"

"Nah," he answered.

"How come?"

"I'm not into dancing that much," said Daniel as he made his way over to Y/N and Mr. Miyagi. "I don't feel like it, anyway." He opened the mini refrigerator's door behind Mr. Miyagi and grabbed two cans of soda. "Want one, Y/N?"

She nodded and caught the can that Daniel had tossed to her.

"Oh, Daniel-san. You too much by self. Not good."

"I'm not by myself," Daniel denied. "I'm with you and Y/N."

Mr. Miyagi nodded in understanding, but then said, "To make honey, young bee need young flower. Not old prune. You need Y/N-san, not old man like me. You two need to go to dance together. It will be good for both."

"But I don't have a costume," Daniel and Y/N said in unison.

"If you two have costumes. . .you two go?"

"I'll only go if Daniel goes," Y/N spoke.

"I'd go if I went as the Invisible Man."

"Invisible Man?" repeated Mr. Miyagi, curious.

"Y'know, so no one would see me."

"Ohhh." Mr. Miyagi turned his head and looked up at a red polka dotted fabric and feathers that were hanging from the wall.

He knew just what to do.

+ + +
Your POV

Less than an hour later, Daniel and I entered the high school gymnasium which was crowded with kids and covered in Halloween decorations. Even bubbles were floating in the air.

Mr. Miyagi had fashioned us both costumes. Daniel's wish was granted—he was completely hidden. Although he couldn't actually be an invisible man, Mr. Miyagi creatively constructed his costume out of aluminum piping, a shower head with blue streamers that resembled water, and a polka dotted fabric. To get to the point, Daniel was literally a shower.

My costume, however, wasn't exactly something I would have worn if Mr. Miyagi hadn't made it for me. In a way, I was sort of invisible, too.

I was a chicken.

Mr. Miyagi had provided me with a basket of eggs to throw at people. So, at least I had a fun job to do.

"Make sure to hit Johnny and the Cobras as many times as possible," Daniel reminded me, referring to the eggs in my basket.

I chuckled. "Don't worry, that's my goal."

Daniel smiled, then closed his curtain and began maneuvering through the gym. I started randomly throwing eggs at people around me while making ridiculous chicken noises. Eventually I spotted Johnny and the Cobras who were all dressed in skeleton costumes. My hand picked up as many eggs that would fit in my palm, then I threw them at the group.

"Uh oh!" I yelled when the eggs cracked and yolk dripped down the Cobras' heads.

Some of them laughed and some even became angry and started cussing at me. But I carelessly skipped away, continuing to go about my business of egg-throwing.

+   +   +

Throwing eggs at everyone eventually tired me out, so I found a chair in the corner of the gym and sat down. I removed my chicken head and watched as the dance progressed.

Daniel was still in the middle of the gym, appearing to be all by himself until I noticed a girl in a white dress approach his shower. I squinted my eyes, trying to figure who that girl was. She opened his curtain and walked in. The final glimpse of her was enough for me to discover who she was. It was Ali.

How'd she know it was Daniel?

The usual jealousy and anger filled me as I kept my focus on the shower. Who knew what she'd be doing in there with him.

It was obvious that she liked him. But I was still unsure if he liked her back. I hoped Daniel didn't because—

"Hi, Y/N."

I snapped out of my stir of thoughts and looked up.

There, in his skeleton costume, stood Johnny Lawrence—the one person who I wasn't wanting to see. His face was painted in black and white to resemble a skeleton's face. Even though you could barely recognize who he was, I could tell by the voice.

"Can I sit?" Johnny gestured to the empty chair beside me.

I caught myself before saying 'No' and instead, I said, "Sure."

There was instant silence between us when he sat down. The two of us hadn't spoken much since our breakup.

"I dig the chicken suit," Johnny said, breaking the silence.

"A friend of mine made it for me." I waited a moment, then I asked, "Why are you sitting with me?"

"Saw you over here," he replied. "You looked lonely."

"I'm not lonely," I snapped back. "I'm just. . .kinda worn out from all the egg-throwing."

"Speaking of eggs," Johnny brought up with a smirk, "you forgot to smash one on me."

"I have a few left if you want me to chuck one at your face."

After laughing a little at my blunt remark, his expression changed to serious-looking.

"That LaRusso kid better keep his distance from you or else he'll be getting another beating that'll be his last."

That's when I had it.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Johnny?!" I shot up from my chair and shoved Johnny so hard that both he and his chair fell over on the floor. "Why are you still not over the fact that we're over?"

Johnny immediately got back up on his feet. "No. What's wrong with you, Y/N? I don't understand. We were a good couple. I know I made a mistake, but I regret it and I'm sorry about it, okay?"

"'Sorry' doesn't solve anything, Johnny. I've moved on. And I don't understand why you can't just leave Daniel alone. He hasn't done anything to you."

"LaRusso has been a pain in my ass ever since he's moved here," spoke Johnny sharply, anger evident on his face. "Believe me, you only know one side of the story."

"Oh, really?" I said as sarcastically as I could. "I would love to hear your side of the story, Johnny."

"Yeah, . . .I'm sure you would." He gave me a final glare before storming off towards the bathroom.

+   +   +
Daniel's POV

Through the crack in my shower curtain, I watched as Y/N, in her chicken costume, chucked eggs at people. It looked like she was having the time of her life.

The night when I had learned how to trim bonsai trees was when I was finally going to tell Y/N how I felt about her. . .then my ma ruined the moment. Since then I still haven't told her. . .and now I was debating on whether or not I should tell her tonight.

She's unlike any other girl I've ever met. And I had thought Judy was something special, but when I met Y/N. . . .boy, had I been wrong.

I saw Y/N sit down in a chair in the corner of the gym. It came to me that this was the perfect time to pop the question. Just as I was about to maneuver my shower over to where Y/N sat, a hand holding a little flower poked through my shower curtain, blocking my view of Y/N and screwing up my chance.

"Help me! Help me! My flower needs water!" a girlish voice exclaimed.

Ali was standing there, dressed in a white dress with flowers in her hair when the curtain opened.

Just great.

"I guess you've come to the right place," I grumbled irritably as Ali stepped into the shower.

She closed the curtain behind her and glanced around at my costume, then brought her attention back to me as she placed her arms around my neck. I placed my hands on her hips. It was awkward and uncomfortable, but clearly that didn't matter to her. Maybe if I imagined that I was dancing with Y/N instead of Ali then it would become less uncomfortable for me.

"I've never danced in a shower before," she giggled.

"You didn't have to hop in, y'know."

"Well, maybe I wanted to, okay?" She was quiet for a moment. "So, where have you been hiding?"

"Hiding? I haven't been hiding."

"I haven't seen you around," she clarified.

"You've been looking for me?"

Ali appeared to be embarrassed at this point.

"Well, . . .sorta." She paused, then spoke up again and asked, "Are you still angry with me?"

"Angry?"

"Yeah, you know. . .the other day when I wanted to know what was wrong and you told me to 'get off your case'."

"Oh. Nah, I wasn't angry."

"Were you annoyed?"

"At you?" I asked.

She laughed. "Yes, at me."

"Sorta," I smirked.

"Sorta?"

"Okay, I was really annoyed."

Ali and I shared a smile. Suddenly, I noticed that she was leaning towards my face, closing her eyes and puckering her lips together. I jerked my face away from hers just in time, then yanked open the shower curtain. Ali leaned back with a frown on her face, appearing to be confused because I didn't kiss her and I had opened the curtain.

Y/N was right in front of me, carrying her basket of eggs and smashing them on people's heads. It couldn't have been timed more perfectly. She skipped up to my shower and made a loud chicken noise as she smashed an egg on my head.

"Oh no!" she cried out, but in a humorous way.

Man, I love her.

I smiled to myself as the yellow yolk dripped down my head because now I had an excuse to escape from Ali.

+ + +

In the bathroom, I was finishing up cleaning the egg yolk from my hair. After I ran my hands through my brown hair, I overheard Johnny and Bobby talking.

Bobby searched the stalls, knocking on each one of them. He reached the last one and asked, "Johnny?"

Sure enough, Johnny was in that one. He stood up and lifted his headphones away from his ears.

"Got that number rolled?"

"In a minute," Johnny answered, and sat back down.

"Alright, I'm gonna go with the guys. Hurry up," said Bobby, walking out, leaving me alone in the bathroom with Johnny. I would have walked out, too, if I hadn't spotted a hose at the utility sink. It gave me a bright idea. . .for revenge.

Secretly, I tiptoed over to the sink. Then, I pulled the hose with me as I crept towards Johnny's stall. As I strung the hose over the light fixtures, I noticed that Johnny was rolling a marijuana joint. Within seconds, I had the hose pointed directly above Johnny's head. I hesitated before turning the knob for the water, but decided to do it anyway. Revenge was mine now.

I turned the water on, making sure it was ice cold, stood still long enough to hear Johnny's shout, and then I darted for the door. Some dude dressed in a Spider-Man costume was just walking in as I was running out.

"Move, man!" I shoved past him and sprinted into the gym.

What had I gotten myself into?

+ + +
Your POV

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Ali was facing me with her arms crossed, scowling.

My chicken head laid on the floor beside me; now I was wishing I would've kept it on.

"Did what on purpose?"

She scoffed. "Don't play dumb like you don't know. You did do it on purpose—you cracked that egg on Daniel's head. You ruined our moment."

I stepped closer to her and stuck out my bottom lip in mockery. "Aww, is little Miss Encino Hills upset because I saved Daniel from dealing with you for another minute? You should've seen the relief on his face after he left. You were clearly making him miserable tonight."

"Oh, please." Ali rolled her eyes. "You don't know what you're talking about. I'm guessing you still believe what I told you at the beach party. . .about Daniel liking you. Well, I'm sorry to break it to you but I was wrong about that. He's obviously head over heels for me and you're jealous." She let out a laugh. "You weren't even able to dance with him tonight because you dressed up in that ridiculous chicken outfit!"

All of a sudden, I had an idea. I leaned down to my basket that was next to my chicken head on the floor. . .which had one egg left laying in it.

"You think my costume's ridiculous?" I asked her once I leaned back up. She nodded her head, smirking as she did. Ali's smirk faded, though, when her eyes glanced up at my hands above her head.

"Wait! Wha-what are you doing?" The tone in her voice sounded bewildered and at the same time: worried. Good, I hoped she knew what was coming for her.

I didn't give her a reply. Instead, I gave her my own smirk as my fingers slowly pressed inward on the egg's shell. Ali shrieked when the yellow yolk spilled down onto her head.

"How could you do this to me!" she wailed as the yolk dripped down from her blond hair onto her white dress.

"Well, why'd you wear a white dress, Ali? Don't you know that white gets stained easily?"

Tears were streaming down her face, causing all of her makeup to run. She attempted to give me a frown, but ended up bursting into tears and stomping away. Everyone around us were dying of laughter; I couldn't help but laugh myself at her reaction to having an egg cracked open over her head. Maybe she didn't think my costume was ridiculous anymore.

Suddenly, there were loud shouts coming from the bathroom. Everybody, including me, snapped our heads towards the unexpected sound. I watched, astonished, as Daniel tore through the crowd in the gym—with Johnny chasing after him.

"Daniel! What's wrong?" I called out to him.

"It's coming around," he responded when he ran by me, quickly handing me his shower hose.

All of the Cobras were running with Johnny across the gym now. Yet before they passed me, I quickly stuck out the shower hose, tripping Johnny. When Johnny fell to the floor, he brought all of them down with him.

"Get up!" Johnny ordered them, scrambling to his feet.

Within seconds, they were all up on their feet again, racing towards the gym exit. Daniel was in serious trouble—and there was no way I was going to let the Cobras beat up on him again.

So, I bolted across the gym after them, shedding my costume along the way. And this time I was determined to save Daniel from whatever the Cobra Kai's were wanting to do to him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lowkey hate this chapter lol 😐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 50 9
❝I never had the chance to tell my father goodbye before he passed away, so I guess that's why I was sent here... to tell him goodbye.❞ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜...
1.4K 68 20
All her life, Taylor had only been living with her mom and aunt since her father was absent. Meeting him just a few times was clearly enough times fo...
99.8K 2.5K 73
"𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐜𝐞. 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬. 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐝...
66.4K 1K 24
Everyone knows him as a tough karate kid who has his life all together, everyone is also to scared to actually get to know him. The first day of seni...