Promise You'll Never Forget

By lucy_230603

A Draco Malfoy FanFiction story. Nobody expected a mudblood to fall for Draco Malfoy, what's worse? Nobody ex... More

Please Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 10

14 1 0
By lucy_230603

*Draco's POV*

I couldn't let her walk away like that, I couldn't let her forget what we had, as short as it was, it's the most magic I've felt at this school in a long time. I don't know what came over me when I crashed my lips onto hers desperately, but after I tasted her again, I only wanted more.

I knew she wanted it when I felt her sink into the kiss and it made me go wild.

I finally pull away watching her catch her breath but she immediately pushed me away from her.

"You're unbelievable Malfoy." I could tell by her tone that she did not mean that in a positive way. "You think you can ignore me for weeks, then kiss me like that and everything is fine? Everything is forgiven and forgotten?" I watched as she ran off to the bathroom and left me standing there wondering why the hell I just did that.

I've fucked this up big time now.

I promised myself I'd leave her alone, I'd give her space to find someone as good as she is, that's deserving of her kindness and intelligence. I promised that I wouldn't break her heart so I left before I could.

I thought it was what's best for her.

I tried my hardest to stay away from her, to ignore the overwhelming feeling of guilt I felt not talking to her and having her hate me. I thought it would confirm that these feelings of attraction towards her are just my mind playing tricks, wanting a distraction from my life but it's more than that now. I've only truly known her for a short time but I can't see myself without her, I don't want to lose her.

I guess that's why I kissed her, to make sure she felt the same and now I know she does, even if that meant sacrificing the work I did to push her away.

I even let her move on, it pained me seeing her and Mclaggen together. I never cared much for McLaggen but as soon as I heard he was after Ana, my Ana, I felt my blood boil. I forced myself to stay out of it as best I could despite the hatred I felt for him. I soon learned hearing how disrespectful he spoke to her at Hogsmede that he didn't deserve Ana. As much as I'm not the best for her,  Mclaggen is even worse.

I stood with my head in my hands while the thoughts brewed in my head. This can't be how it ends, I have to make it up to her, show her that I am truly sorry and show her what she deserves.

*Analias POV*

I couldn't believe he just did that, how could he. He knows I'm with Cormac, well sort of but he still had no right.

I practically flew to the bathroom, I felt tears starting to form in my eyes and my breath began to quicken. When I reached the mirror and saw myself, hot tears flooded down my face. My mascara was running and my cheeks were a crimson red. Images of Draco flashed in my head, when he kissed me, when he smiled, even when he made fun of me, they wouldn't leave my mind.

Why would he do that? He has ignored me for two weeks for christ sakes, and then he thinks it's ok to kiss me like that? In the middle of the hallway no less.

Does he think it's right to toss me around like this, cast me away like I'm nothing then pretend he cares and kisses me? The more I thought, the less upset I found myself and rage took over.

After 15 minutes or so, I finished crying, fixed my face and threw my hair up in a ponytail to try make it look a little more presentable. When I walked into class all eyes were on me and I quickly rushed to my seat.

"How nice of you to finally join Miss Fay," Professor Snape said as he watched me get to my seat, "You can catch up with what you missed in detention after school." I looked at him with guilt, pleading with him to let me off this one time but returned with a blank stare and continued his class.

Luna looked at me with concern in her eyes, she didn't need to say anything for me to know she was there for me. She placed her hand on mine, gave it a light squeeze and smiled at me before returning her stare to the front of the class.

The whole class felt surreal, like I wasn't even in the room but watching myself from afar, like an outer body experience. I couldn't concentrate on anything until my eyes peaked over at a senior prefect entering the classroom swiftly, making his way over to Snape and chatting for a quick 2 minutes. I watched them talk as did the rest of the class.

They both stopped speaking and glanced over my way before walking up and taking me out of the class.

I followed the prefect as she lead the way to McGonagall's office with her slick black hair in a tight ponytail, swaying back and forth behind her. She had said the professor had something important she needed to discuss with me.

It was clear when I arrived that this was a serious and heavy message. She broke the news to me softly, the news being my dad had died just 2 hours ago.

I never really thought I'd be this upset by the news, and before you think I'm some heartless bitch, me and my father had a complicated relationship. He was very manipulative and borderline psychopath.

My mum noticed his behaviour change when I was born, he never wanted kids and he made that abundantly clear. He never physically abused me but his words stung a lot, especially knowing he actually meant them.

Apparently to my mum he was her dream guy before I came along, they were completely, mind numblingly in love with each other and her love for him only grew when he helped bring me into the world, while his on the other hand started to fall and crumble.

She never wanted to admit it but he was no longer the man she fell in love with all those years ago and she left him for both our sakes when I was 10.

He still doesn't know I'm a wizard, or anything about me now really and I only get the occasional birthday card, if he remembers or a letter asking for the money he spent on me as a child because he 'shouldn't have to pay for something he doesn't want'.

I reckon the only times he actually appreciated me was when he had the chance to teach me of his ancestry. We would fly to South of France and live on his family farm, and we felt like a unit again, like we loved eachother. He taught me how to speak their language, and appreciate the architecture and I loved it, I would spend all my time there if I could. They are some of my most cherished memories.

I was allowed the rest of the day off school so I changed into the comfiest clothes I own and sat in on my bed trying to think of any happy memories with my dad that weren't set in France, all my mind could conjure up was this one time when I was 6 and for the first time ever he had turned up to my school sports day. That day I ran as fast as my little legs could take me and I won the race and for a split second it seemed that he was actually proud of me. He looked at me and nodded his head as if to say 'good going kid' and with that gesture I felt as though I was loved.

A wave of sadness washed over me when I thought of the memory, he was my dad after all, plus it made me think of all the moments kids have with their fathers that I missed out on. Like going to get my first ear piercing knowing he doesn't want me too, or buying my first prom dress, or even getting annoyed at me for always talking on the phone.

My mum tried her best to be both a mother and a father but sometimes it just wasn't the same.

I curled up hugging my pillow for what felt like hours, I hadn't even noticed I'd missed lunch. I began to sit up and grabbed my wand to practise some spells.

Ever since I found out I was a wizard I found a certain comfort in magic, finding new spells, pushing it's boundaries, experiencing everything it has to offer. It truly is the best  thing in the world and I wish we could share this gift to the rest of humanity.

Last year I read something from the restricted section in the school library and it said there was a spell that could reverse the memory curse, one that would make you remember the memories that were stolen from you, and ever since I read that I've tried to find the spell.

I have yet to find the command word, let alone how to say it or the wand movements, and considering how specific you have to do everything for the actual memory curse I can guess you need to cast the spell perfectly in order for it to take effect.

So for the entire summer I have been practising this reverse curse, trying to figure it out. However it really doesn't help that most people think it doesn't exist and the ones that do don't know where to find any information on it. It truly is a mystery spell that I intend on finding everything about.

I sat there waving my wand and chanting many possible words that could lead to the correct spell, every source I had investigated told me something different about the spell, that it's the opposite motion of the curse, that you had to say 'obliviate' backwards which would be impossible despite my numerous attempts. I even read that it was a potion instead of a spell which I have my doubts about but I'm willing to explore every option.

I did this for god knows how long, practicing varies possible motions of the wand. In the end I found myself singing the song my dad use to sing when he drove along the French farm tracks. I noticed a light knock at the door and a veiny hand covered in rings creep around the door frame.

Malfoy.

Word Count - 1805

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 18.6K 22
He was falling for you. Now he understood why they called it 'falling' in love. Like falling off a broomstick, it was happening very quickly and the...
5.2K 287 23
In which the bad boy falls for a muggleborn at the worst possible time. or Draco can't deny his feelings for the muggleborn Gryffindork that somehow...
44.9K 1K 62
*COMPLETED* The Golden Trio go back to Hogwarts to retake their seventh year. They then find out they must be married to someone with no choice. Herm...
30.9K 767 21
How could a Slytherin, and Draco Malfoy of all people, possibly fall for a weak Hufflepuff? And what will he do when he finds out her dark secret? Ye...