BENEATH THE MASK

By stephsteph__

She was betrayed by the one she loved She was cheated on She was left in her pool of tears, heartbroken Adeto... More

C O P Y R I G H T//Authors note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Authors note after 100 years😭

Chapter Twenty Four

179 42 28
By stephsteph__

Sophie

It's been a week since the kiss with Nathan and my life has been amazing! First of all, my sister's boyfriend got her a good job that paid well.

He's been taking care of everything. He even had plans of buying us a house.

Amazing right?

I had time to set up my phone and I texted everyone. Trust Vanessa to add me to all the group chats.

And Nathan.

Well, we've been spending so much time together. From outings, to video calls, to texts.

He's been blowing up my phone.

A part of me is sad that he leaves in a few months. But for now, I'm enjoying his company.

Kate, well, she's Kate. Clinging to Nathan. Annoying me

And Ethan. Well, we haven't really spoken and stuff. Like he is ignoring me.

Today was Lily and Caleb's anniversary. Last year November, Caleb asked her out.

So, it's going to be their two months anniversary.

Yesterday, Lily almost finished my data with pictures and videos of the gift she got for him.

She got him a Versace perfume and a golden wristwatch.

Trust me, the perfume alone could buy my compound five times.

"Oh guys, I'm so nervous!" She said, biting her lips. "What if today isn't the anniversary? Or he doesn't love me? Or...." She gasped dramatically. "What if he doesn't get me anything!"

And on cue, Nessa and I roll our eyes.

"Speaking of which, you still have told us what transpired between you and Nathan last week." Nessa said.

And a blush made its way to my cheek. Since I was light skin, I was sure as hell I looked like a tomato.

"Transpired? As how?" I asked as we made our way to my class.

"Be lying o! You both skipped school that day!" Lily said

Nessa wiped her eyes as she fake cried. "Good girl Sophie is now skipping school! Oh my God!" She said dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't skip school. We just went out. And I came back at the end of break. "

"Tell us what happened nau!" Lily demanded, impatiently.

I explained everything. From what happened during the party(cause they were unaware) to what happened last week.

When I was done, they both looked at each other and squealed, making the whole class look at us. Including Ethan.

But he looked away.

"Our ship is sailing! Oh my God! Natophie!"

"Natophie ke? Naphie!" Lily argued.

My mind still went to Ethan. He got up and left the class.

"I'll be back in a few girls! I wanna check something out!"

I got up and left too, following Ethan.

"Ethan!" I yelled, hoping he would stop but he didn't.

"Ethan! Wait up!" Thankfully, the hallway was empty so I didn't look like a fool yelling a boys name.

Finally, I was able to catch up with him.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked him.

He ignored my question and continue walking.

I grabbed his hand. "Ethan, why are you ignoring me?"

"Are you or are you not in a relationship with that bastard?" He growled.

"Huh?" I asked, raising an eyebrow up in confusion.

"Are you or are you not dating Nathan?"

"We aren't dating." Yet. I wanted to add.

"Where did you guys go to last week?"

"Excuse me? So you are now what? Stalking me?"

"I'm just asking cause I want to know if he touched me or did anything bad to you!"

"Shut the fuck up Ethan! Don't talk like that!! How can you say such?"
Disbelief found its way to me.

He sighed. "Just promise me you won't date Nathan. He graduates in a few months. Plus he is for my sister."

Wait what?

"I don't understand."

"Just promise me that Sophie!"

I can't do it!

"I'm sorry Ethan. I can't!" I said and walked away.

"You'll come back to me when he shatters your heart. I bet it!" I heard Ethan say angrily.

What has my life turned into?

Lily strutted into the class, a huge smile on her face. As she got closer, I noticed the bracelet on her left hand.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing at the bracelet.

A huge blush found its way to her face.

"Caleb's gift from him to me. He got me a bouquet of money. Like instead of flowers, it was money. I got chocolates and a hoodie with "I love you" written boldly. Oh and check this out!" She pushed her hand towards my face and I saw the bracelet well.

It was a silver bracelet with butterflies dangling from the edges, like a charm bracelet. I saw C LOVES L engraved on the bracelet. Overall, the bracelet was amazing!

"Wow. It's so pretty!" I gushed. "But you do realize he graduates in a couple of months?"

Her smile didn't falter. "I know! We'll make this work. I love him so much Sophie! And I'm going to put my all into it to make it work!" She said, dreamily.

I smiled as Caleb came into the class making Lily bite her lips.

He held her hand and led her out of the classroom, leaving me alone.

I couldn't go to Vanessa's class because  she had chemistry practical.

I felt the urge to use the bathroom, and I left the class with Ethan's gaze following me till I reached the door.

After using the bathroom, I stood in front of the mirror. For some reasons, Starlight Academy placed mirrors everywhere so we didn't necessarily have to use the bathroom to look at ourselves.

"I'm wondering why a beautiful girl would be looking at a mirror. Do you want your beauty to shatter it?"

A pair of hands found my waist as Nathan's familiar scent filled my nostrils. He placed a small kiss by the side of my neck, making me smile.

"Saw Lily with Caleb. Realized you were going to be bored."

I tilted my head to the side, facing him, his chest rather cause I was really short. I lifted my head up and Nathan's lip captured mine.

My hands found its way to his shoulder. We were kissing, in the empty hallway and it felt right.

Everything felt right!

We were sitted in the living room, and by we, I meant mum and Olivia.

We were watching the reruns of the  Johnsons when a knock was heard.

"Who can it be by this time? Ah!" My mum exclaimed.

"Maybe it's Davis. Sophie, please open the door." Olivia told me and I nodded.

I wore my slippers and walked to the door.

And immediately, my eyes came in contact with a familiar pair of eyes I haven't seen in a long time.

"D-dad?"

_______

I'm sure yall got crazy notifications from this book. I unpublished the book before...and thanks to Dorofine for the lovely dms she sent to me❤️

Say "aunty I" if you didn't expect this😂

Sophie's father is back! Wow!!! I plan on finishing this book before Monday, cause of school.

Vote, comment and share

I love y'all ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820 152 37
Money, wealth, fame, power, these teens have all you could ever want, but all that glitters Is not good. **** What would you do if you found out you...
127 50 16
Beauty Samuel a Nigerian and a 17 year-old is a scholarship student of Dawn international school which is one of the biggest school in Nigeria...
322 39 17
The final year students of Primrose Academy are in for a ride in their last lap of secondary school. They are all are looking forward to making their...
28.5K 519 5
Pretty overused and cliché right? A story of how two certain best friends find that their lovers had cheated on them with one another, in which in th...