Chapter Nineteen

Sophie's pov

I sighed for the umpteenth time since my "good Samaritan" brought me to the sick bay, probably cause they have pads there. The nurse was a kind hearted woman. Her daughter was a student of the school, in Jss3. Seeing as my skirt was terribly stained, she went to purchase a new one for me. I know, she's that nice!

I had my head buried into my palms, shame couldn't allow me lift my head.

I took a deep breath before muttering," Thank you." My voice was low and I hoped he heard cause I don't like repeating myself.

"Aren't you gonna look at me?" His husky voice filled the room.

I sighed before lifting my head and repeating myself." Thank you."

With my head up, I could fully analysis his face and boy, he was hot!

His curly hair was packed into a small bun, his pink lips were stretched into a smirk and he was glowing! Whatever product he used for his skin, it was working!

"Are you done checking me out?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes before replying," You've got to be kidding me! Can you ask you something?"

He bobbed his head, giving me a "go ahead".

"How did you know I was stained? I mean you weren't even nearby gan! And why did you tell me? Others didn't so why?"

He gave a small smile before answering me.

"I have sisters. I'm the only boy. My elder sister was supposed to resume with me but she had an emergency photoshoot. She's an old student tho! Plus, it wouldn't be nice for me to see you stained and not help out."

He explained and I nodded my head. And there was silence. I had no either whether it was a comfortable silence or not, but the room was so silent.
"So, how many sisters do you have?" I asked.

His face lit up with excitement as he started talking about his sisters.

"I have 3 sisters. 2 elder ones and a younger one. Yes, we are 4. My elder sister, Natalie, schools abroad. She's in her 2nd year. Then, Kate,my sister will resume tomorrow. Then--"

My eyes widened as I heard the name"Kate"

"Did you say Kate?" I asked with disbelief

"Yes. Do you know her? There are so many Kates in this school so she might not be the one you have in mind."

Even if he said her surname, I had no clue what it was.

I nodded my head before saying,"You're right! So go ahead."

"And my little sister, Jade. She's your typical "if you don't buy me my favorite cookies, I'll tell mummy you brought a girl home" kind of sister!" His voice changed from the husky voice it once was to a high pitched girly voice cause me to burst into laughter.

"She's so annoying! But I love her. To me, my sisters are my priceless gems. And I'll never want to see them sad! Cause the bastard that makes them cry will have to deal with me!" He said and made me smile.

The protectiveness of a brother. Something I've always wanted!

He was about to say something before the door opened revealing a very happy Mrs Mary, in her hands was a pair of the school's skirt.

"I didn't even get your name!" I yelled as I saw him make his way to the door.

"It's Ethan." He said and walked out.

Ethan.

***

"Iya Shakira!! Iya Shakira open this door!!"

The loud voice of Mama chisom, followed by the sound of a fist hitting a wooden door, made me drop my pen.

I was doing my assignment and my sister was getting dressed for her outing with someone. I just hope she isnt doing anything wrong!

I knew why Mama chisom was shouting. She probably entered the female toilet. On Saturday, Iya Shakira was supposed to clean the toilet but she didn't.

I had my bath outside this morning and the previous day cause it was still dark when I woke up.

The female toilet was disgusting. It reeked of faeces and urine. I would have washed it, but iya Shakira has been never washed it. But she's always the one destroying it.

Now that mama chisom was back from her short journey, iya Shakira will be kept in her place!

My sister and I left the room and went outside to watch it well. Don't blame me. We Nigerians love amebo!

Iya Shakira came out of her house, claded in a short skimpy skirt and a black singlet.

"Ehen! Mama chisom, do you want to break my door?" She asked, with her arms crossed onto her chest.

"Iya Shakira! I heard it's your turn to wash that toilet. And you are here. Do you know how bad the toilet is smelling?! What are you teaching the small ones eh? How to be lazy? Iya Shakira, please wash that toilet right now!" Mama Chisom commanded.

Iya Shakira bit her lips and clapped her hands loudly like a typical market woman.

"And if I choose not to? Look, you were away for a week, there was peace. Now you have come, you are making noise! Me, I'm wondering, if it's the toilet that's smelling or your mouth!" She blurted out, making Mama chisom open her mouth in shock but iya Shakira wasn't done." And, if you have a problem with the way the toilet is, do something about it! Wash it and stop disturbing me!!"

After speaking, she made to leave but Mama chisom wasn't going to have any of it. She held unto Iya Shakira's left elbow and dragged her back. And out of the blue, a slap was perfectly landed on Iya Shakira's smooth melanin face.

"Ahh!"
"Oporrr!"

"Yes o! Mama Chisom! Discipline her!"

"Please fight o!"

"Sasha banks versus Lacey Evans!Opor!"

That was what filled my ears as the other tenants cheered on.

Smh! Nigerians eh!
"Never in your entire life disrespect me! I'm older than you with more than 5 years so I'm not your mate! Mind the way you talk to. And wash that toilet or else..."

"I've heard! I will wash it ah! Stop shouting at me! I'll ignore the fact you slapped me today, but if you try it again, this compound wouldn't contain both of us! Old cargo!" She hissed before slamming the door to her room shut.

I rolled my eyes before returning to my room.

This compound and drama!

Surprise!! I finished my exams early and I was bored.

Okay, so what are your thoughts on Ethan?

Oh and who else missed Sophie and her compound people 😂😂😂 cause I know I missed writing it!

I promised double updates and you are gonna have it.

Expect the next update today or tomorrow. It might come really late today but I would update.

Vote, share and comment! I love you.

- Steph 💕