Chapter Twenty One

Happy anniversary to this book!! 2 months ago, I published the first chapter. I'm so proud of how far I've come. There were times when I wanted to take down the book cause I felt it was trash!

Happy two months book!! Don't forget to nominate this book for best undiscovered book please. Just go to NGwattNG. Click their book "Nigerian readers choice awards". And nominate BTM for best undiscovered book please....

Sophie's pov

It's been weeks since Kate resumed and well, life's been moving smoothly. Tho, Kate hated me and only showed it when Nathan was around. Speaking about Nathan, him and I were now closer. But it hurt to know he would soon graduate.

"Earth to Sophie!" The voice of Ethan said, bringing me back to reality.

The past few weeks, Ethan has been a good friend to me. But he hated Nathan. He hated Nathan the way Nigerians hate NEPA when they take light.

Yes, it was that intense!

I gave him a small smile and faced the Biology textbook in front of me. We started our first term exams last week and we were rounding up tomorrow. We had biology today.

Nessa had food and nut praticial so she couldn't make it to our study session and Lily was sent on an errand by a teacher. I dipped my hand into the popcorn Ethan bought.
Shoving a handful of popcorn into my mouth, I looked at Ethan only to be greeted with a death glare.

I chuckled as he snatched the popcorn from me and placed it at the far end of the table. Behind Ethan was something who caught me eyes. Or rather, Someone.

He was walking towards us, looking handsome as always. Just looking at him made me heart skip a beat. I sighed in defeat. I'm tired of hiding the fact I like COKER NATHANIEL. But the question is, Does he like me back?

Ethan looked back, saw Nathan and frowned. Then he rolled his eyes.

"Hey Sophie!" Nathan said as he plopped into the seat next to me, pecking my left cheek, making me smile like I just won a lottery.

Ethan wasn't smiling. His face was hard. His fists clenched and unclenched.

"What are you doing here?" He blurted out coldy.

"I came to talk to Sophie. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Sophie has biology in like, 2hours. So leave and allow her study for her exams!" Ethan's voice scared me. I've never seen him like this. He was always so calm and collected.

"I'll see you later Sophie. It was not nice meeting you Ethan!" Nathan said and he walked away.

"Asshole!" Ethan yelled. Nathan turned back slowly, shoved his middle finger into the air and walked away.

"Son of a bucket!" Ethan muttered.

"What was that all about Ethan? Why did you treat him like that? It was rude!" I said and Ethan snickered.

"Ethan answer me!"

"You have biology today! Do you really want to leave your books for a boy?!" He asked and I kept shut.

We studied in silence and even when Lily joined us, no one said anything till exam started.

***
"So, we invite our sets mates and maybe a few people from ss3 right? Yunno Nessa is popular, she might have friends from other schools?" I said as I bite into the cookies Lily got me.

Vanessa's birthday was in 4days and we were throwing her a surprise party. Her parents agreed to having the party in their huge mansion.

"Who do we na invite?" Lily asked. I was over at her place. It was a Saturday so I was able to coax mum to allowing me go out.

"Tope and I will handle the invitation. Sophie, can you handle the food?" Lily asked. Tope was a friend of Regina from science class. She was smart and pretty.

"Sure!" I said even tho I knew I couldn't.

"Good. You'll go to a bakery with my brother right now. I met her on ig so she'll be expecting you. I heard her cakes are nice." She said and on cue, Nathan entered the room.

"You ready?" Nathan asked and I nodded. I hugged Lily and went with Nathan.

"Don't forget o. Vanessa likes red velvet and vanilla!" Lily yelled and I nodded.

The car was so quiet. Nathan didn't say anything and neither did I.

He brought out his phone and took a video of us. From one video to two and before you know it, we took 100 videos. No kidding!

"Mr Coker, we have arrived." The driver said and we got down from the car.
'Zees Cakes' was written on the top of the huge building. It was a pink and white building. Different roses were planted around the compound.

Nathan held my hand and we walked into the building. The scent of fresh cakes hit my nose as we entered the building. A young woman who wouldn't be less than 22 made her way towards us.

"Good afternoon. I'm Zeenat, the owner of this bakery. How can I help you?" She said with a smile.

"I'm Sophie. I'm here to try out some cake."

"Ohh....you are from Lily right?" She said and I nodded. "Follow me."

She led us to the other part of the bakery and we sat down.

"What type of cake? Like what flavour?" She asked

"Red velvet and vanilla."

Few minutes later, a young girl came into the room, in her hands were plates. Zee was behind her.

She dropped the plate in front of us and she left. The plate contained two pieces of cake. One was red velvet and the other was a vanilla flavoured cake.

"Take a bite and tell me what you think!" Zee said.

I picked up my fork and took a forkful of the cake. Immediately the cake came in contact with my tongue, I moaned. The cake was so good! Soft and creamy and so delicious.

I turned to look at Nathan and it seems like he felt the same way as he was already done with the cake.

"They are so good. We would have them! A three layers cake. Half vanilla, half red velvet." Nathan ordered and Zee wrote it down.

"When do you want it?" She asked.

"Today is Saturday and the party is on Tuesday. We would like to have the cake on Tuesday. We would come pick it up. Will it be ready by then?"

"Yes it will. And the cup cakes?"

Cupcakes? Cake nko? All these rich kids.

" Yes. How much is the bill?" Nathan said bringing out his credit card.

"The cake is going to be a three layers cake so the cake is already thirty thousand. How many boxes of cupcakes do you want?"

"10 boxes."

"Okay and a box of cupcakes is one thousand five. So overall, your bill is fourty five thousand."

And I pinched myself. Was I dreaming? Cake of thirty thousand. Ah! Using someone's house rent for cake. I was already ready to go until I heard Nathan.

"Get me your pos!" And I froze.

Po kini? Fourty five thousand naira?! Chineke! Nothing wey musa no go see for gate o.

I wasn't really feeling this chapter sha cause I feel it's boring. Hope you liked it?

Please comment. I really enjoy reading your comments. And vote cause it motivates me.

Our baby likes Nathan! Aww! What are your thoughts on it?

Whose pov do you want to see next?

See you guys next time

Bye
- Steph