𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 // 𝕙. 𝕡𝕠𝕥�...

By diinonuggetss

in which (y/n) (l/n), a pureblood witch, happens to be in the same year as the chosen one. as you steal the h... More

YEAR 1- New friends, old faces
A family legacy
chapter 3: potions
chapter 4: quidditch
chapter 5: three-headed sentinel
chapter 6: facts and feathers
chapter 7: mountain troll
chapter 8: quidditch match
chapter 9: christmas gift
chapter 10: the mirror of erised
chapter 11: norbert
chapter 12: the forbidden forest
chapter 13: the third floor
chapter 14: through the trapdoor
chapter 15: the philosopher's stone
chapter 16: the house cup
YEAR 2- chapter 1: surprise
chapter 2: back to hogwarts
chapter 3: writing on the wall
chapter 4: no longer safe
chapter 5: dueling club
chapter 6: polyjuice potion
chapter 7: petrified
chapter 8: aragog
chapter 9: missing
chapter 10: the entrance
chapter 11: the heir of slytherin
chapter 12: hagrid
chapter 2: buckbeak
chapter 3: sighted
chapter 4: betrayed
chapter 5: sentanced to death
chapter 6: the truth
chapter 7: dementor's kiss
chapter 8: time turner
chapter 9: the firebolt
YEAR 4- chapter 1: the world cup
chapter 2: something new
chapter 3: unforgivable
chapter 4: caught in the middle
chapter 5: the first task
chapter 6: pretty-boy
chapter 7: the ring
chapter 8: the yule ball
chapter 9: silent treatment
chapter 10: the second task
chapter 11: not what i expected
chapter 12: shocking revelations

YEAR 3- chapter 1: the leaky cauldron

10.5K 353 782
By diinonuggetss

your pov

"(y/n)!" my father shouts from downstairs, waking me up. i roll my eyes. what does he want now, it's late.. i get up from my bed and walk downstairs.

"yes, father?" i say.

"get dressed. we're going somewhere." he asks.

"can you tell me where?" i reply. i'm not expecting an answer, my father rarely explains himself.

"just hurry up and get ready. i have ministry business to attend to, and i would like you to join me." he says. wow, he's never asked me to go with him before. i run back upstairs, getting ready. then i throw on a white sweater, blue jeans and my favourite boots. i brush out my hair, then quickly run back down stairs. my dad holds out his arm, and as i grab it, we apparate to the leaky cauldron.

"what are we doing here?" i ask him. he walks inside, beckoning me to follow. gee, thanks for the explanation. we walk into the back room, where cornelius fudge, minister of magic, is already waiting.

"ahh, (f/n), it's good to see you!" he says, shaking my fathers hand, then he turns to me.

"why, the last time i last time i saw you, you were just starting out at hogwarts. you must have a lot of respect, considering your father is the head of the department of magical law enforcement." fudge says to me. i smile warmly, but i hate when people mention that. i haven't told a single person at school who my father is, or that he's one of the next people in line to become minister of magic. suddenly, the door opens. i turn and see harry walk into the room, accompanied by hedwig. what is harry doing here.. but before i can say anything, fudge walks in front of me, followed by my father.

"we should tell you, Mr. Potter, earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever," fudge says. wait, what is he talking about? i glance at harry, who's staring at the ground.
"So that's that, and no harm done. Pea soup?" fudge offers harry some of his disgusting-looking soup.

"no thank you," harry says. fudge puts the soup down on a table. then he looks up at my father and i.

"oh, how silly of me! i didn't introduce my companions! this is (f/n) (l/n), head of the department of magical law enforcement," he gestures to my father. "and i believe you already know his daughter." i cringe. i hadn't told harry anything about my family.. harry gives me a surprised look, then turns back to fudge.

"but, minister, I broke the law. Underage wizards can't use magic at home." he says.

"The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for... blowing up their aunts." my father tells him. hold on, for what now?!

"On the other hand, running away like that, given the state of things... was very, very irresponsible." fudge adds.

"'The state of things,' sir?" harry asks. right.. he lives with muggles, so he probably doesn't know about..

"We have a killer on the loose." fudge says.

"Sirius Black, you mean? But what's he got to do with me?" harry says. i'm surprised he knows his name.

"Nothing, of course. You're safe. And that's what matters." my father says.

"And tomorrow you'll be on your way back to Hogwarts. These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty... of having them brought here. Now Tom will show you to your room." fudge says, and harry walks out. i follow behind him before my father realizes i've left.

"harry!" i say once he's outside of his room. he turns, smiling at me.

"(y/n), long time no see." he says, giving me a hug. as i pull away, and i finally get a good look at him. he's a lot taller then last year, and his hair has grown out a lot. his face is more defined, and he's a lot more muscular.

"so, your dad.." he says. yeah, i was waiting for that one.

"yeah.. sorry i didn't tell you. i just.. didn't think it was important." i say.

"you never talk about your family. i mean, you don't have to, but.." harry says. i smile weakly.

"i mean, there isn't much to talk about. my mother died when i was young, and my father is hardly ever around, he's always busy with work. he's fudge's right hand man, and he's on a short list for possible ministers of magic if something happens to fudge."

"oh.. i'm sorry about your mum." harry says.

"don't be. i don't really remember her, but i've heard she was a kind person." i reply. i feel bad for not telling him this before, but i never really needed to. and i don't really like talking about my mother..

"it must be nice, living in the magic world your whole life." harry says, noticing my mood shift and trying to change the subject.

"i mean, i've never known any different," i reply, with a sad smile. harry smiles back. "well, we should get some sleep. i'll see you in the morning." i tell harry.

"i'll see you tomorrow, (y/n)." he says. i wave at him before returning to the back room, to convince my father to let me stay overnight.

~time skip~

it's the next morning, and after i get ready, i head out of my room. i'm about to go downstairs, but then i bump into harry, falling down.

"oh! good morning, (y/n). sorry about that." harry says. we make eye contact as he helps me up, and he quickly looks away, he cheeks slightly pink. i feel my face get warm, and i duck down under my hair.

"no, that was my fault. i wasn't looking where i was going." i say, talking really fast. then a large orange cat chasing a rat runs past us. we then walk down the stairs, following them.

"hey, where's your cat been?" harry says.

"oh, she's asleep in my room. she was up all night, you wouldn't believe how many mice are in this place!" then, we hear familiar voices arguing.

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy." ron says.

"It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect? It's in his nature." hermione replies.

"A cat? Is that what they told you? Looks like a pig with hair." ron says.

"That's rich... coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush. Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy." hermione says. harry and i glance at each other, then burst out laughing. ron and hermione turn around.

"Harry! (y/n)!" ron says. i smile and wrap him in a hug, but i have to reach up. ron has really gotten taller, and he has a new haircut.

"its good to see you, ron." i say, then turn to hermione, hugging her as well. her hair is shorter, and less bushy.

"hey, (y/n), i've missed you." she says. i smile back at her, then all four of us sit down at one of the tables. ron takes out a newspaper clipping of his family, turns out they went for a vacation to egypt this summer, which sounds amazing.

"Egypt. What's it like?" harry asks.

"Brilliant. Loads of old stuff... like mummies, tombs, even Scabbers enjoyed himself." ron replies excitedly.

"Egyptians used to worship cats." hermione says with a smirk.

"Along with the dung beetle." ron replies. then fred and george come walking down the stairs.

"Not flashing that clipping again?" they say to ron.

"I haven't shown anyone." ron responds.

"No, not a soul." george says.

"Not unless you count Tom." fred adds.

"The day maid."

"Night maid."

"Cook."

"The bloke who fixed the toilet." i laugh as ron puts the newspaper away and the twins sit down on either side of me.

"hey (y/n). how was your summer?" george asks me as mr. weasley pulls harry aside.

"it was alright. not nearly as interesting as yours was, i bet." i reply with a smile.

~time skip~

as we walk through the train, harry tells us about what happened with his aunt.

"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just... I lost control." he says.

"that's hilarious." i say.

"Brilliant." ron says..

"Honestly, it's not funny. Harry was lucky not to be expelled." hermione says.

"I was lucky not to be arrested." harry says.

"I still think it was brilliant." ron says as we reach the end of the hall, in front of a compartment with a man in it, seemingly asleep.

"Come on. Everywhere else is full." i say, opening the door.

"Who do you think that is?" ron asks.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." hermione says. i look at her, confused. how does she know that?

"Do you know everything? How is it she knows everything?" ron says, turning to harry and i.

"It's on his suitcase, Ronald." hermione says, pointing up.

"Oh. that makes more sense." i say.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" harry asks us. i shrug.

"Seems to be. Why?" hermione replies.

"I gotta tell you something." harry says, closing the compartment doors. he tells us about what mr. weasley told him at the leaky cauldron, about sirius black.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban... to come after you?" i ask him. i feel bad for harry, he just can't catch a break.

"Yeah." he answers.

But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean, everyone's looking for him." hermione says.

"Sure. Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before... and he's a murderous, raving lunatic." ron says. harry gives him a look.

"Thanks, Ron." he says. suddenly, the train stops

"why are we stopping? We can't be there yet." i say, then the lights start to flicker, and go out.

"What's going on?" ron says, sounding a bit scared.

I don't know. Maybe we've broken down." harry guesses. i stand up and look out of the compartment door, trying to see what's going on.

"There's something moving out there. I think... someone's coming aboard." i say, and then i back up as something dark and cloaked floats towards us.

"Bloody hell! What's happening?" ron asks. the thing opens the door to our compartment, and suddenly my mood changes. i feel horrible, as if all the happieness in the world was gone.. then, 'r. j. lupin' stands up, casting a bright light at the dementor, and it flies away. my mood instantly improves, and i notice harry on the ground, he had fainted. i kneel down next to him, hermione does the same.

"Harry," i say, trying not to panic. "Harry, are you all right?" he wakes up, confused. lupin offers him a piece of chocolate.

"Here, eat this. It'll help," he says. harry sits up, looking at him warily. "It's all right. It's chocolate."

"What was that thing that came?" harry asks.

"It was a dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now. It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver," lupin explains, standing up. he looks at harry, holding the chocolate. "Eat. You'll feel better." he walks out of the compartment.

"What happened to me?" harry asks us.

"Well, you sort of went rigid. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something." ron tells him.

"And did any of you... you know... pass out?"

"No." hermione says.

"I felt weird, though. Like I'd never be cheerful again." i add.

"But someone was screaming. A woman." harry says. ron, hermione and i look at him, confused.

"No one was screaming, Harry." hermione tells him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 452 17
SWEAR IT GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS After years of homeschooling, you finally join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in your fo...
38.4K 728 30
[BEING REWRITTEN! MORE INFO ON MY PROFILE] I've tried multiple times at a decent description but im bad at those, so this is a Reader Insert story an...
1.9K 84 24
This is my first story so sorry if it's not that good. A little background info: you are a fourth year at Hogwarts and a Gryffindor, you zone out a l...
2.4K 119 34
Hermione and her friends are invited back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for one more year following the Battle of Hogwarts. Of course...