Life After Marriage Book 3

By intellectual212

August and Amber newly married learn to navigate the tricky waters of married life. Trilogy to If That's Wha... More

Interruptions Part 1
Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
Spoiled Spouses
The Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 1
Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 2
Puppy Love
Inappropriate Outfits/The Cake Thief
Whose Your Daddy Part 1
Whose Your Daddy Part 2
Not Again Part 1
NOT AGAIN PART 2
Making Breakfast
Alternative Plans 1
Alternative Plans Part 2
IT'S BECOMING CLEARER PART 1
It's Becoming Clearer Part 2
Hard Decisions Part 1
Hard Decisions Part 2
Missed Ship Part 1
Missed Ship Part 2
Leaving
Author's Note: Writer's Advice
When Papa's Away Part 1
Change of Heart
You Deserve
The Right One
Be Free
Drowned Memories
Author's Note: There Are Other Books Before This
Working It Out
New Car
Fight
Chest Pain
Back
Good Place
When in Canada Do as the Canadians Do
Sacred Ground
A/N- For those offended
The Results
R& B's New Bad Boy
Early Morning Convo
One More Author's Note
Reunited Part 1
Slippery Slope
Hypocrite
Hypocrite Repost
Thank you Sata
Make Ups
Receiving What You've Given
My Shootaz
My shootaz repost
Two Valentines Part 1
Smile Through It
I'll Take The Lizard
Celebrity Life
Bro Drama
Bro Drama Part 2
You Dont love me ?
I love my life
He's a man
Trusting Again
My Gift
Career Day Part 1
Career Day Part 2
Repost Career Day Part 2
First Day
Back to Work
Special Chapter: Still Hurts
Visiting Mommy
Chance to Save
Let It Go
Further Investigation Part 1
Further Investigation Part 2
Author's Note- Direction Of Story
Baby Eater
Story is ending soon
Prom Night Threats
Father's Day Shopping With Bobby
Father's Day
Doing Our Part
Aug's hip-hop video
Gone
Man Stuff
I'll Handle It
Achilles Heel
Safe House
God Protect My Wife
My Other Grandma Part 1
My other grandma part 2
Regrets
Prayer Virgil For Amber And Amiri
Encouragment For Writers- Troll Readers Who Demand Updates
All I Got
Death Wish
God Protect My Wife Important Repost
Colorblind
Setting An Example
My Other Prince
I promise
Doesn't he remind you of Auggie!!!
Baby For Sale
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 1 - Stopping My Shine
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 2- Favorite So.
Authors Note - Ending of Life After Marriage
Comment your confusion
Back To The Past: King For A Day
Back to the Future - Career Goals
Final chapter / thank yous
Final Chapter - Au-Revoir
August Alsina Song Cry and this Book

Building Trust

51.5K 1.9K 602
By intellectual212

*** Everybody's saying they love Colorblind now lol. And some folks are saying they didn't know Amb could sing. Y'all better get ya lives and get up on Amber Riley. 

And y'all listen to Sevyn's F, Marry, Kill with Trey, Aug and B.o.b. ****

AMBER P.O.V. –

“Hey Sneak.” I walked in Aug’s office.

“Ey Amb, what’s up?”

“I brought you something to eat if you’re hungry.” I dug in the bag of food I brought and got out a white dinner container and handed it to him. I had picked him and Aug up some Mexican food for lunch.

“Thank you.” He took it from me.

“Aug with a patient?” I asked.

“Nah he in the office.” Sneak opened the door so I could come back into the office area.

I knocked on Aug’s closed office door.

“Come in.” I heard his voice on the other side of the door.

I slowly opened the door. He was at his desk writing some notes in a file. He looked up.

“Hey babe.”

"Hey." I went over to hug and kiss him. 

"You look beautiful today. Is that the dress I bought you, you never wore?" He asked as I went to sit on the other side of his desk. 

"Yup." 

He looked at his new watch I bought him. 

“Don’t you got class now?” He looked up at me confused.

“Yeah.” I sat down and put the bag on his desk. I got out his food and handed it to him.

“What’s this?” He took the container and opened.

“Sopes with beans and rice.” I took my container out, then threw the brown paper bag into the garbage can by his desk.

“Why you not in class?” He said getting the fork I handed him and eating some rice.

“I quit.”

“You what!?”

“I quit.” I shrugged then opened my container and started eating.

He put his fork down. “Babe what was you thinking?”

“About you. Winning your trust back is the most important thing to me right now and I can’t do that still working there with Wes.” I ate some of my taco.

“How does quitting help that tho bae?” He picked his fork back up and starting eating some of his steak Sope.  

“Be honest, when I went to work this morning did it not cross your mind that I’d see Wes?”

“A little bit.”

“Did you feel nervous about that?”

“Just a tad, but you didn’t have to quit.”

“I don’t want you feeling nervous at all. I want you at the point where I can walk out the door and you not worry.”

“He wouldn’t have said nothing to you tho.” He picked up the container and leaned back in his chair, licking the sour cream off his finger.

“I don’t want to take any chances.”

“Trust me. He wouldn’t have taken a chance.”

“Why?”

“His shiny ass head, me and my gat had a talk.”

I sucked my teeth. “August you threatened him with a gun?”

“I don’t know play about me and mines. And if he would’ve tried to fuck you, the nigga wouldn’t be breathing and that’s just what it is.” He put the food container down, and took a sip of water from a water bottle he had.

I looked over at him and how well dressed he was. In his white dress shirt and slacks. But no matter how clean cut he looked, the murky waters of Nola were still there. And if you made, him made it would come out.

“He could press charges August?”

“Fuck I care?” He scrunched up his face.

“That would be unnecessary for you to go to jail over is what I’m saying.”

“I know what you saying and no it wouldn’t. If anything is worth going to jail over is my wife and my kids. Period.” He went back to eating.

I sighed knowing that most of that wasn’t necessarily a street thing though, but southern thing. Men in the south are taught if there’s one thing worth fighting over, it’s your woman. And southern men go hard for theirs. I think that type of love is crazy, but admirable. I don’t know if I would go that hard for Aug. End up in jail? Oh wait, I did. So nevermind. I wouldn’t probably kill, but I would whoop some ass again.

I pulled out a small clear vase and some marbles from my briefcase and handed it to him.

“What’s this?” He picked up the bag of marbles licking his fingers.

“I talked to Salli this morning.” I said chewing. “I told her about what we were going through and I asked her what I could do to win your trust back fully. She told me about the “Trust Jar.”

He picked up the jar and examined. “What we gotta do?”

“She said winning trust back is a gradual process. She said I’m at probably an empty jar with you now. So she said, each thing I do that rebuilds your faith in me, put a marble in. And if I do something that breaks your trust again, take a marble out. The point is to get to the top and stay there.”

“Hm.” He said intrigued.

“Well you at one now.” He smiled and put one in. “You didn’t have to quit, but I appreciate you thinking about me.”

He pushed the jar over to the side of his desk.

“So what you gon do now?” He asked.

“I don’t know…” I sighed, getting a napkin and wiping my face.

“What do you want to do?”

“That’s the thing I’m still trying to figure it out. Like do I want to actually practice law or do something else.”

“What do you love doing ?”

I shrugged. “I’m really lost right now. I haven’t really got a chance to explore things because I’ve been so wrapped up with you and the kids. I’m not blaming you. Just saying. Maybe now I can explore. I really did like singing though. And people seemed to like it.”

“I honestly didn’t know you could sing like that. Like I heard you around the house a little bit, but never no full blown singing. I was like damn, my baby can blow. Sing to me every night” He wiped his hands on a napkin.

“Why thank you.” I blushed and laughed.

“Maybe you should sing? You can start off singing background for Rell or something.”

“You think so?”

“If you really, really want to do it.”

“I’ll think about it. I just don’t want to be away from the kids or you all the time.”

“We’ll figure out.” He smiled, then took a sip of his water.

“Thanks for being supportive babe. I really need it right now.”

“I think we both do. That’s why we got each other.”

“Yeah.”

“I forgot to tell you. When I dropped them off at school, O’s teacher asked to speak to me.”

“Why?”

“He’s reading scores are on an eighth grade level.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yup. She suggested we look into sending him to a gifted school. She suggested a few. But she was really adamant about  this one in Boston that’s a division of Harvard. Like a Boarding School almost. She was saying with his background of hardship, they might give him a scholarship.”

“That’s amazing, but I have to talk to Donielle about that ya know.”

“Of course. She deserves to know before we make a decision.”

“He might not like that though. A Boarding School in another state? Sata would hate us forever.”

“It’s not about Sata. It’s about getting him the best education for his learning level.”

“Yeah, but he’s so young too.”

“Maybe when Donielle gets out it can be a fresh start for them both. She moves up there with him.”

“True.”

“We’ll just pray on it though. But I don’t want to hold him back ya know.”

“Oh I understand.”

“There’s no telling what he could do. And the way Auggie up under him all the time, he might be just as smart. He already learning way beyond what a three year old should know.”

“I know right? I am so proud.”

“If only we could get Sata to take school seriously.”

“If it ain’t about O or Chris Brown she don’t care.” I laughed. “She asked me if she could go to the tour with him and Trey. I said no, you’re six little girl.”

August shook his head. “I don’t know what I’mma do with her.”

“I want us to a do a trip, just me and you. We haven’t done one in a while.”

“What was the last one?”

“Our honeymoon to Italy.”

“Damn.”

“I think it would be good for us.”

“Where you wanna go?”

“I think we should go skiing.”

“Skiing?”

“Yeah in Canada.” I said excited thinking about it.

“No.” He laughed.

“Why?” I pouted. “Let’s do something we never did.”

“I’d been den broke my ass.”

 “Come on baby, it’ll be fun.”

“Why skiing tho?”

“Please babe?” I begged.

“Aight.” He chuckled. “You know what that mean tho right?”

“I know you’re about to say something inappropriate.” I shook my head.

“You know your man well. Cause I was just gon say, I may not be able to walk from skiing. But you not going be able to walk from this…you know.” He looked at me seductively.

“I’m barely walking today, you wanting to be so rough.”

“You need it rough some time. Especially when you’ve been bad.”

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes.

There was a knock at the door.

“Your 1’oclock here Aug.” Sneak said on the other side.

“Aight. I’ll be out.”

I started gathering all the garbage. Aug put on his doctor’s lab coat.

“You bout to go home babe?” He asked me, getting a file out his desk.

“Yeah, until its time to pick up the kids”

“Aight. Gimme kiss.” He grabbed his file and came over to me.

I stood up and he kissed me deeply.

“I’ll be gentle tonight aight.” He smirked against my lips.

“Okay.” I smiled, pecking his lips one more time.

He went out the door to meet his patient. I finished cleaning up the garbage and straightening his office, then went home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 235 36
Promise and August face challenges in their relationship and life, will it make or break them?
58.8K 1.8K 22
Asia has been thru so much in her life. Changing highschools and living on her own. After meeting August dealing with drama four years later what's t...
15.4K 716 20
August Alsina love story, with a twist.
40.2K 1.7K 63
When Everly meets August Alsina, her world changes completely..