inevitable - draco malfoy

By sunflowermalfoy

for what should I do here, Like a decaying flower, still withering Under his bitter words, whose kindly heat ... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
A/N
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
discontinued

chapter forty five

5.5K 117 21
By sunflowermalfoy

A few weeks after Christmas, Tracey asked me to come watch the Slytherin vs Gryffindor quidditch game and I agreed. I was getting slightly bored of staying in all the time and needed a distraction.

I was sat in the Slytherin stall on my own awaiting the game to begin as I was lost in thought. The cold January breeze stung like pinpricks into my skin before I pulled a jumper over my head. Draco was of course in the room of requirement as usual but for some reason I was worried for him that day, like something wasn't right at all. The game began and I cheered for Tracey and Blaise as much as possible however it didn't seem likely that they were going to win.

Ron seemed to be doing a lot better than he used to as he continued to dodge the bludger every time someone from Slytherin tried to score. My heart ached for him slightly. Of everyone, Ron was who I missed the most and after finding out the burrow had been burnt down, I realized I had been holding back my feelings quite a bit. I didn't want to talk about this to Draco as I knew he already felt guilty for taking me away from my family and he didn't need any more pressure on him.

The game finished with Gryffindor winning by a landslide which didn't necessarily rub me the wrong way, I was almost happy I didn't have to deal with a celebration party in the common room again tonight.

I met Tracey and Blaise after they finished changing out of their quidditch gear and we made our way back to the common room.

"Weasley must have been cheating." Blaise huffed. "He's never dodged a goal in his life."

"I wouldn't be surprised." Tracey added.

"He was at Slughorn's Christmas party a few weeks ago," Blaise began. "Not that he's even part of the Slug Club."

"Oh yeah, I forgot that you're part of that, Zabini." I commented as we entered the common room and took a seat around the fireplace. "How's that going?"

"It's odd," Blaise grumbled. "Riddled with Gryffindors. I just want extra credit."

"Is it even worth it having to hang out with Slughorn?" I chuckled.

"Well, I thought Malfoy would have been invited too however was mistaken." Blaise continued, sighing heavily before sitting back on his chair.

"Yeah, I was surprised he wasn't too considering he's top of the class." Tracey added, snuggling into Blaise's side which made my heart feel slightly heavy and the empty spot next to me became more apparent. "He seemed pretty bummed about it."

"I don't think he likes Slughorn very much anyways." I muttered, looking down at my feet as I didn't want to give anything away.

We stayed in the common room chatting for a while before Blaise and Tracey got tired and headed up to bed, however I did notice them both travelling up the girl's dormitory stairs which hinted to me that they both wanted some alone time. I sighed heavily and rested my head in my palm. It was nearing 8:30pm and Draco still wasn't back. I could sense my body becoming more and more anxious as my heartbeat picked up, my palms became sweaty and my mind was racing. What if something bad had happened?

I stood to my feet quickly before pacing out of the common room and through the busy castle corridors. It was a Saturday and clearly everyone was celebrating the Gryffindor win as everyone supported them over Slytherin if they weren't a Slytherin themselves.

I searched everywhere before furrowing my eyebrows and deciding to make my way up higher, even if it meant I had to pass the Gryffindor common room. I passed many familiar faces but still couldn't find Draco. The last place I could check was the astronomy tower and so I made my way up there.

I was about to turn a corner and make my way up the stairs however stopped in my tracks when I heard quiet sobbing coming from a girl. I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes but decided to ignore it and walk past whoever it was as I was desperate to find Draco.

I glanced at the girl when I was about to begin walking up the stairs and my body froze. It was Hermione. Our eyes caught one another's as both our jaws tightened. There was an awkward silence as I tried to walk away but my body wouldn't move.

"Cormac broke your heart already?" I spat but regretted my harsh words as soon as they left my mouth. She rolled her eyes and gave me a harsh glare.

"You know you're actually starting to look like one of them." Hermione shot back, obviously referring to the death eaters I had found myself being around whilst at Draco's. My heartbeat quickened at the thought of her and the others being aware of what Draco was set to do in a matter of weeks.

"Good." I muttered, not moving eye contact until I heard footsteps come around the corner and join us. Harry stumbled on his feet at the sight of Hermione and I staring each other down before I glanced at him and continued my way up to the astronomy tower.

I was relieved to see Draco standing at the edge of the tower with his arms resting on the banister.

"Draco." I sighed, stepping forward. His head turned around instantly, seemingly scared at who was behind him, but his face softened when he saw me. "What are you doing up here?"

"Just thinking." He mumbled as I approached him. Draco was clearly stuck in his head as I reached my hand out and connected it with his.

"I was worried." I said honestly, trying to catch his gaze as he stared forward.

"I'm running out of time." Draco sighed, his jaw tensed, and his eyebrows furrowed.

"You could always go to Snape for help?" I suggested, running my thumb over the back of his hand however he scoffed in return.

"No way." He mumbled. "He gave this task to me; I have to do it alone." I knew his pride and arrogance was getting the best of him but saw no way of helping him overcome it. I removed my hand from his and reached up to caress his jaw, his eyes flickered to mine and I could see his emotions changing.

"Let me take your mind off it." I mumbled before connecting our lips in a soft kiss. "There's nothing more you can do tonight."

"Okay." He agreed connecting our lips once more.

-

We went to class on Monday morning like usual with Defense Against the Darks with Snape first period. Snape seemed to somehow be in an even worse mood than usual as he picked on every student for any minor inconvenience and the whole class was silent. Draco and I sat at the back of the class; he wrote with his quill in his right hand while I played with his left in my lap.

The class came to an end and we began packing up our things.

"Mr. Malfoy, I need to speak with you." Snape grumbled as everyone began to leave. Draco glanced at me and I told him I'd wait outside the class before heading out.

I stood next to the door with my arms folded across my chest and couldn't help but try my best to listen in on the conversation.

"Didn't you learn your lesson last time, Malfoy?" Snape spat, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "The Weasley boy nearly died!"

My heart sank as there was a small silence. Was he talking about Ron?

"This isn't as simple as a few drops of poison, what were you thinking?" Snape continued. "I offered you my help. I can guide you through this."

"I told you, I don't want your help." Draco grunted before storming out of the class and slamming the door behind him. The corridor was empty as the second class had already begun; Draco ran his fingers through his hair frustrated before looking at me.

"What did you do?" I asked in a small voice.

"I-I wanted to poison him. Dumbledore. I swear I didn't mean to – somehow it- "Draco rambled on, trying to come up with an excuse but my face fell. How could he be so reckless?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 1.6K 115
"Not one for emotion Evens...but I could give a good fuck" he whispered into my ear as my heart pounded Hope has always had a rough life but ever si...
814K 13.9K 32
When the war survivors from the school of Which Craft and Wizardry return to finish their remaining years, everyone seems to have different feelings...
13.9K 331 27
a dracoxreader slowburn story <3 includes smut so viewer discretion is advised! love you guys and hope you're all having a great day :)
893K 15.4K 82
« When our eyes first locked I felt my body shiver, I never knew I could want someone so badly » *** Maybe it's wrong Maybe it's toxic Maybe we're to...