SERENDIPITY ↠ marauders era

sunflowervolsix- द्वारा

°serendipity (n.) finding good things without looking for them. || MARAUDERS ERA || Arabella Florence Wordsw... अधिक

SERENDIPITY
CHARACTERS
PROLOUGE
FIRST - FIFTH
ACT ONE ♛
- i. new year, same me
- ii. home again
- iii. Awkward pairings
- iv. napkin throwing and relationships
- v. library confessions
- vi. honesty is the best policy
- vii. mistakes were made and lies were told
- viii. a close call
- ix. strange behaviour
- x. portraits are threatened and friends are lost
- xii. exes and ohs
- xiii. realisation with a sip of butterbeer
- xiv. forever brothers
- xv. spooky season
-xvi. twinkle toes
- xvii. confrontations lead to heartbreak
- xviii. advice is served best with peppermint tea
- xix. missed opportunities
-xx. ma chèrie
-xxi. merry fucking christmas

- xi. a pinky promise

792 35 15
sunflowervolsix- द्वारा

Arabella followed Alden down the corridor until she was finally close enough to call his name.

"Mulciber!"

He turned around and rose a brow at the petite blonde who was running towards him.

"Um, hello?" He asked confused once she'd finally reached him.

"I- I need to talk to you" she panted heavily.

"About?" He asked impatiently.

She looked around and saw a few students now leaving the great hall.
Saying nothing, she took his hand and led him to the Slytherin common room.
This wasn't too crazy to him, but he was shocked however when she led him to her room.

"Um, listen Arabella- I'm flattered really but I'm sure Cain would love to take this offer up a lot more-

Arabella cut him off with a scoff.

"I just didn't want anyone to hear us, don't be crude. Now I want you to be honest with me" She said, moving the open book over on her bed so she could sit.

He nodded unsure as he too took a seat on her bed.

"When I came to get Evan for patrol last night you lot were acting suspicious, what was that about?" She asked sternly.
For the first time, Alden Mulciber looked nervous, he looked extremely nervous.

"I don't know what you mean"

"Yes, yes you do Alden. I'm worried about him- so please tell me. What was the conversation about?" She begged.

Alden saw Arabella's pleading eyes, he didn't know what to do.
Hell, him and Arabella had never had a proper conversation- it was always insults thrown here and there as well as the occasional scoff.
So why on earth was he about to open up to her?

"You need to promise not to say anything" he said in a hushed tone.

Arabella nodded eagerly.
"I won't I promise!"

"Well- he sighed- Cain got a letter from his father, but it was addressed to all of us in the dorm. He was talking about the um, the dark lord. He's wants us to join his ranks" he whispered.

Arabella's mouth fell open, no.
How could he not tell her this, he knew the hatred she has for the dark lord.

"What the fuck" was all she managed to muster out.

"I know I know. But you can't say anything-

"Alden, you boys didn't agree- did you?" She asked cutting him off.

"No, no god no Arabella. Of course we haven't agreed. Bloody hell we're only sixteen- but I doubt we have any choice" he said, shocking her.
He was quite the supremacist at times, so him not wanting to join the dark lords ranks really confused her.

"You do have a choice!" She exclaimed loudly.

He shushed her quickly after hearing students coming up to the dorms.

"No we don't Arabella. Our fathers were friends with him back in Hogwarts. The only choice we have is to agree or to get punished. There's no other way"

"But Alden" she practically begged.
She definitely wasn't expecting this news.

"They killed my mother, you can't join them. Evan can't join them"

"I know, but they'll kill us too" he replied sadly.

This caused silent tears to stream down her face.
Her heart ached, Evan was her best friend.
And now he was being forced to join a cult really.
A cult that he'd be forced to kill in.
A cult that would get him killed.

And she could do absolutely nothing about it.

Alden felt awkward, he'd never seen her cry before, she obviously had but he was never there to witness it.
God he didn't even know what to do, so he awkwardly placed his arms around her small frame.

"Thanks" she smiled with a sniff after his very strange 'hug'.

"Um, yeah okay. But you can't tell anyone what I just told you" he pleaded.

"But-

"No buts Arabella, I don't even know why I decided to tell you. But now that I have I need to know I have your word- he stuck out his pinky finger- promise?"

Arabella laughed at this despite the tense situation, this big Slytherin boy was wanting to do a pinky promise.
Once she realised he wasn't joking she too stuck her pinky out and linked it with his.

He nodded once they had done it but before anything else happened the bedroom door swung open.

Viviane, Ophelia and Genevieve all stood by the door with bewildered expressions on their face.
Why on earth was Arabella sat on a bed with Alden Mulciber?

Arabella quickly grabbed the open book that sat on her bed and began reading it to him.

"So you see here this is the cleaning cha- oh hey girls" she smiled at her friends as if she'd just seen them.

Alden shot up and brushed off his trousers.

"Well I best be off. Thanks for the help"
He nodded at Arabella with a hint of a smile before leaving the dorm room.
Once he'd left Viviane slammed the door shut and turned to her best friend.

"Wanna explain?"

"I was just helping him with charms" Arabella replied nonchalantly.
Viviane snorted and took a seat besides Arabella while Ophelia and Genevieve sat across from them.

"Arabella?"

"Hmm?"

"That's a potions textbook" Ophelia replied.

Arabella looked down to see that she was correct.
Dammit, only if she'd looked at the title sooner.

"Is there something going on with the two of you?" Genevieve asked with a smile.

Arabella's head shot up at this.

"Me and Alden? Merlin no, he was just...checking up you know. With what happened a couple of weeks ago"

"Really? I never expected him to do that" Viviane said unconvinced.

"Yeah well, he's full of surprises" Arabella laughed.

"So girls, how are we all? I felt like we've not had a proper catch up in a while" she said changing the subject.

"Oh um, I was asked on a date" Ophelia smiled sheepishly.
The girls all squealed for her, including Viviane.

Since the party a few weeks ago she'd ruled out whatever happened as a simple mistake on Marlene's part, she couldn't blame Ophelia for something she didn't even do.

"That's amazing Lia! With who?"

Ophelia's smile soon dropped as she made eye contact with Arabella.

"Well, it's with um, Oscar Wood"

The other girls soon lost their smiles as well.

Arabella couldn't help but feel slightly hurt, she did date Oscar for eight months after all.
The end of their relationship really hurt her, so this made her feel like shit.
And the fact that Ophelia was supposed to be one of her best friends just made her feel even worse.

Viviane and Genevieve gave one another worried looks as the girls now sat in silence.

"How did, how did that come about then?" Arabella coughed as she looked up at Ophelia.

"I- we started taking about quidditch in the library one day and then he asked if we could meet up the next day. We did and I guess from there we just grew closer until today he asked me on a date. Ara I'm so sorry" she sighed heavily.

Arabella didn't know what to say, she felt betrayed almost.
But, she couldn't make it about her.

"It's alright Lia, you seem really happy about the date and I'm happy for you. It was just a bit of a shock that's all" Arabella smiled warmly.

Viviane seemed to be the only one to notice how it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Really?" Ophelia said shocked.

"Of course Lia, your happiness is all that matters to me. Now girls if you'll excuse me I promised reg I would play some chess with him before patrol" she smiled as she stood.
Arabella gave Ophelia's hand a soft squeeze to let her know she wasn't angry and then left. 

Viviane said goodbye to the girls and followed off after her blonde haired best friend.

"Do you think she's angry?" Ophelia asked Genevieve.

"I think she's just a bit upset. But you know Ara, she wouldn't want you to feel bad" Genevieve replied, Ophelia nodding in agreement.

Outside of their room Viviane had just caught up to Arabella.

"Are you alright love?"

"I'm fine yeah, it was unexpected. I guess I never thought Ophelia would do something like that you know? But I guess Oscar is partially to blame to" She shrugged as they walked down to the common room.

"Well I think you should tell her you're upset"

"I couldn't, then she'd feel bad and I'd hate that. I just think it's best if I don't say anything. She clearly likes him and Oscar deserves to find someone else"

Viviane nodded and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they headed to the sofas.
Her best friend was definitely the most selfless person she'd ever met.

"Alright girls, ready to get your arse beat in a game of chess" regulus smirked.
Once he'd looked up he saw the down expressions on the girls faces, as did Evan.

"What's up?" He asked as they sat.

Viviane looked towards Arabella but once she realised she want going to say anything, she spoke up.

"Lia's going on a date, with Oscar"

"Wood?!" Evan said perplexed.

Viviane nodded.

"Ara love I'm so sorry" regulus sighed as he placed his hand on hers.
Evan places a hand on her shoulder to which she flinched at, then regretting it soon after.

He didn't take it to heart though as he thought he caught her by surprise.

"It's alright, they both deserve happiness. Now, let me beat you again" she smirked.

Regulus laughed at this as they began their game.

Evan took his seat again and the one besides it was now occupied by Viviane.

"Is she really okay?" He asked hushed.

"Nope, but it's our Ara. She's not going to say otherwise"
Evan nodded in agreement as they changed the topic.
Occasionally looking up when their other two friends started to shout at each other during their chess game.

Arabella's head began to ache, she knew too much.
A part of her regretted asking Alden, but the other part was glad.
She just wished Evan had been honest with her. But hopefully she's forget about it soon and there would be a way it could be avoided.

Hopefully.

✧┈┈┈┈┈•♛•┈┈┈┈┈✧

❛ Knowledge. ❜

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

4.2K 314 51
Avery Dessen didn't like a lot of things. Mostly she didn't like the Marauders, History of Magic, and her grandmother, Millicent Bagnold. About to s...
Bewitched Sophi द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

540 42 48
Bewitched. That was how Sirius felt towards Arabella. He was, like most of the boys at Hogwarts, bewitched by her beauty. But Arabella White was as o...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
9K 214 54
(CHAPTERS WITH ONLY A '~' AT THE START WITH NO NUMBER ARE BEING REWRITTEN.) Elladora Walburga Black was the twin sister of Sirius Black, elder sister...