Marcus Harrison's Paradise

By symhere

BOOK TWO OF HARRISON SERIES. Charlotte McGill is sublimely good with children. She totally adores Kathie, Mar... More

Jobless
Chocolate Cupcakes
Do You Need A Nanny?
An Uninvited Guest
Left Or Right?
A Kiss Of Farewell
Ignoring Is An Art
The VIPs
Does The Offer Still Stand?
Emails
Lunch
First Day At Work
First Day At Work (Part II)
First Mistake
Overthinking
Meeting The New Harrison
Dinner With The Boss
Bothered
I Trust You
New Plans
Sick Boss-man
A New Feeling
Troubled Sunday
A Little Secret
That's Better
A Word Called 'Love'
Flashbacks
Welcome Party
I Can Do It, You Should Go
Trying To Tell Him Something
Happy Birthday, Kathie!
Don't Leave
Rollercoaster of Life
Fired
The Only Friend And Family
Not Him
I See You
Not Just You
Forgiveness
Mackie
Hangover
No One New
Scared
Monster
Meeting The Father
Sorry
Revenge
Promise
Things You Don't Know About Me
Traitor
Don't Go
Epilogue (The End)
Charlie's Utopia

Hard To Be A Harrison

12.3K 397 7
By symhere

I was beyond shaken. Nothing was making sense. Everything felt like a mystery – a mystery that is too hard to solve. Soon after the bodyguards were taken to the hospital – Owen and Silas came to my apartment and with my consent, it was decided that staying at my apartment is nothing but, dangerous. Marcus offered me to stay with him but, I refused. I couldn't stay with him – not when I am trying to move on. I was ready to stay at Maria's house with her and Pop but, Owen recommended to not to do so, because it would be easy for them to find me there and I will not be protected so, after discussing a lot it was decided that I will be staying at Silas's house. Marcus and Ben went to the hospital with the bodyguards while Owen went somewhere else.

I packed a few necessary things and locked my apartment before going with Silas to his place. I asked Maria to accompany me but, she refused – saying that she would like to go home but, she promised to come to visit me the next morning. After dropping Maria off to her home – we went to Silas's place. Kathie was with me as well – I was not going to leave her when I know that she is in equal danger as me. Luckily she fell asleep during the ride.

Silas's house was still the same – I remember I used to come here a lot to meet Maria before they got divorced. All the memories – good and bad – rushed back when I entered the house. I followed Silas in the guest room I will be staying in with Kathie sleeping in my arms. Silas opened the door for me and I walked in. I put Kathie in the middle of the bed before placing the pillows around her.

"Make yourself home, Charlie," Silas said as he dropped my bag on the bed of the guest room I will be staying in.

I turned around and smiled, "Thank you, Silas – for everything." I said to him.

He smiled back, "No Charlie, you have nothing to thank me for. I should be the one thanking and be apologizing to you." He said.

I frowned, "Why is that?"

He sighed and ran his finger through his hair, "Thank you for cooperating with us and sorry – sorry for dragging you in our family mess. You don't deserve any of this." He shrugged.

I chuckled, "Nor do you or Marcus – or anyone." I shrugged.

Silas plucked his lips and paused for a while, "Freshen up and take rest – you are safe here." he assured me.

I smiled and nodded my head. Silas returned the smile and turned around to leave the room when I called his name, "Silas?" I said. He turned around and raised his brows. I wetted my dry lips with my tongue. I had so many questions in my mind – if I will not ask them – I don't think I will be living in peace. I sighed, "Why is it all happening?" I asked him. "Who is doing this all? Why are they after Marcus or me?" I added a question after question.

He looked at me for few seconds before sighing out loud, "I don't know who is doing this all but, I am sure that Joe is not alone in it." He said.

I knitted my brows together, "What do you mean by that? Who else could be involved in it with him?" I asked.

He shrugged lightly, "I don't know that but what I know is that Joe isn't capable of doing all this alone." He answered.

Who else could be doing this with Joe? Just when I was tangled in my thoughts I remember hearing one name a lot since all this started, "Silas, who is Diego Silvia?" I asked him. I have heard Marcus, Ben, and Silas himself mentioning this name numerous times. I wanted to know who this person is.

Silas stiffed and gulped. The softness on his face was gone and now it was replaced by anger. He clenched his jaws, "Diego Silvia is the devil." He said – I frowned as I was completely confused. I didn't know what h was talking about. "He is the biggest enemy of Harrison's family." He added.

I gulped, "Is – is he dangerous? He could he be the one doing this all with Joe?" I asked Silas.

"He is very dangerous, Charlie – he has connections with the underworld. And I am sure that he is the one behind this all because Marcus received a call from him saying that he will get those documents soon and if he does – we will be doomed." Silas spat.

"Why – why is he after those documents?" I asked.

Silas looked at me and sighed, "A few years ago Diego Silvia's son was doing business with us – we didn't know who they were back then. For us they were potential business dealers but, right before we could sign the business deal with them – Marcus was approached by the FBI – they told him about Franco Silvia – Diego's son's deceitful activities. He found out that Franco was involved in drug and human trafficking. The FBI agents wanted Marcus's help to catch one of the biggest underworld's criminal." Silas paused for a moment while staring into nothing. "Right before we were about to seal the deal – the FBI came in our office and arrested Franco in front of his father. Since they had no proof against Diego – they couldn't arrest him. When Diego came to know that Marcus helped the FBI in arresting his son – he promised to destroy him and the Harrison's." Silas said. "If he will get those documents – he can claim that Marcus sold those to him – we live in the twenty-first century – it isn't impossible for him to fake Marcus's sign. Diego can easily claim Samson's shares." Silas shrugged. "And if he does that – the board of directors will fire Marcus from the CEO post and also – he can face some jail time for fraud. That is why he has been going nuts to find that file." Silas added.

I was left shocked – I never knew this all happened to Marcus. Silas looked at me, "Diego is very clever. He always does things so perfectly that no one gets suspicious about him. He always uses others so, that no one can find him guilty. He always does things in a way that everyone blames us and especially – Marcus." He said. "Last month, some of the money was stolen from our company and the board of the directors blamed Marcus for it – they said that he did it but, actually he didn't and I am a hundred percent sure that Diego was after that too. He just wants to destroy Harrison's family and especially Marcus." Silas's words were like a blow to my heart. I never realized that Marcus has been so much trouble – he never shows it – he suffers alone.

It was a lot to take in – I was left speechless. It was all too complicated. I rubbed my temples as I felt the ache. Silas must have sensed my discomfort, "Leave it, Charlie – don't think about it. It's all too difficult." he said. He sniggered, "It's not too easy to be a Harrison." He said. "Freshen up and come down maybe? Eat something and don't stress over it – I promise we will do everything to help you out of this mess." He said and turned around to leave the room.

I couldn't get Silas's words out of my mind – it was not easy to be a Harrison – he is right it isn't – especially when there are traitors within the family. I did what Silas said – after freshening up I went downstairs. All this time my mind was tangled with different thoughts – mostly with Marcus. I have been feeling this pull towards Marcus – he was attracting me towards him more and more – without even doing anything. I just wanted to go to him and comfort him – I wanted to tell him that I will always be with him that I care.

"We did – I hope they will recover soon. I have the CCTV tape of the time of shooting – I hope we will be able to catch them." I heard Ben's voice.

I followed the voice to see Ben talking to Silas while Marcus was sitting on the couch with his head bowed down. There was a bloodstain on his white shirt – it must be of the bodyguard who got shot. Marcus sighed and slowly lifted his head. His eyes met mine and he stood up on his feet, "How are you Charlotte?" he asked concernedly. Ben and Silas twirled around to see me as well.

I gulped and nodded my head, "I am fine." I replied.

He sighed in relief and nodded his head. "And Kathryn?" he asked – if felt nice to hear her real name from Marcus.

"She is okay too. She is sleeping in the guestroom." I answered. Marcus nodded and hastily walked upstairs to be with his daughter.

Ben walked towards me and smiled, "I hope you are okay." He said.

I nodded and smiled back, "Yes, I am fine – just shaken." I replied.

"I am sorry for everything." He said.

"Yeah – me too," I replied.

Silas sat on the couch and stretched his legs while Ben and I were standing just by the couch, "I could sleep for days." He pandiculated.

Ben sighed and rubbed his eyes, "So can I." he said. "I need a drink – do you?" he asked Silas.

Silas nodded his head, "Yes, please." He said. Ben then turned towards me, "What about you Charlotte?" he asked him.

I shook my head, "No thank you." I said.

Ben nodded and walked towards the bar counter that was at the corner of Silas's lounge. He took out glasses and poured a drink in them. He was putting in ice when he lifted his gaze towards the stairs, "Hey Marcus? Would you like to drink something?" he asked. I instantly twirled around to see Marcus climbing the stairs.

He looked at Ben and shook his head, "No, thank you." He said and sat across Silas. Marcus's eyes were on me as he sat on the couch – he looked worn-out. He leaned back on the couch and rested his head on the header. All this time we were looking at each other. My mind was tangled in the thoughts of what Silas told me and Marcus – I don't know what he was thinking about. Although his eyes were on me – he looked lost deep in thoughts.

Ben walked towards us with two drinks in his hand. He handed one to Silas and sipped from the other one, "I just – I am worried." Ben said.

Silas frowned and looked at him, "Why?" he asked.

He shrugged, "I am worried about Joseph." He said and swilled down the drink. He put the glass down and sighed, "I know – I know that you guys must hate Joe right now but, I can't help but worry about him." He said. He stared at the empty glass, "He is my brother. I don't know what got into him and I am sorry – I am sorry for everything you all are going through because of him." He said dejectedly.

Silas leaned in and patted Ben's thigh, "Don't stress over it, Ben. We will find him and he will be okay." Silas said. "He has to come back – there are so many questions he has to answer," Silas said.

Ben was bowing his head – he nodded and lifted his head, "I need another drink." He said and got up on his feet. "Anyone?" he asked.

Silas lifted his glass, "I am good." He said.

Ben nodded and turned around to get himself a drink when I stopped him. All three men looked at me, "I – I would like one as well." I asked him.

I have heard that alcohol helps in forgetting every worry for few hours – that's what my father used to tell my mother when he would come home late after sometimes going out to drink with his friends. He used to drink mostly when he would face any financial issues. On the other hand, my mother was strictly against drinking but, even she didn't stop my father from enjoying alcohol now and then. Right now I was too stressed out about everything that I just needed to numb my stress a little. And anyway – I don't think that one drink would do any bad to me.

Marcus frowned, "As long as I remember – you don't drink, Charlotte." Marcus objected.

I looked at him and nodded, "I don't but, I want to try today." I said.

"Let her drink a little, Marcus," Ben said and walked towards the counter. "What would you like to drink?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Anything that isn't bitter." I answered. Silas and Ben chuckled at my reply while Marcus was just quietly glaring at me.

"The bitter the better," Ben said. "But, if you don't want to drink anything bitter then maybe you should try some blueberry gin and tonic." He said while looking at the wide collection of different drinks.

I shrugged, "Okay." I replied.

Ben mixed my drink and brought it to me. I took it from his hand and thanked him. I glanced at Marcus to see his lightly shaking his head – ignored him and sipped it from the glass. I wasn't bad at all.

Silas stood up on his feet, "I have to go somewhere." He said. "There is food in the kitchen, Charlie. Ask the help if you need anything and please make yourself home. Elizabeth is out but, she will be back in an hour or so." He told me.

I nodded my head, "Don't worry – I will be fine." I said. He smiled and nodded his head before walking away.

I took another sip of my drink and soon the glass was empty but, I wasn't done with it. It was too good – I don't know why I haven't tried any drink like this. "Ben, can I have more of this please?" I asked him.

"Charlotte, no." Marcus tried to stop me.

I sighed and looked at him, "Please Marcus, I just want to enjoy a drink. Don't act like you are my father." I said to him.

He frowned but, didn't say anything. After a couple of seconds, he stood up on his feet, "Fine, do whatever you like." He said and angrily walked upstairs.

I sighed and leaned back on the couch. I shifted my gaze towards Ben who was already looking at me. "Can I have more?" I asked him.

He twisted his mouth, "Are you sure?" he asked doubtfully.

I nodded, "Yes, I will just have one more." I said.

Ben sighed and nodded his head, "Just one." He said.

That one last glass turned into two and then finally three – before Ben finally stopped me. I whined a little bit, Ben didn't let me drink any more. After a couple of minutes, I realized that Ben did the right thing as my head was spinning and felt nausea.

I was completely and utterly drunk – Yuppie!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 43.2K 52
Pain, hatred and abuse are the only things Alyssa Jordan knew after the unexpected death of her parents. Unloved, sad and tired of the life she's liv...
79.9K 3.2K 27
Anne McClure was a very bubbly, lively and clumsy girl, until she lost the only guy she had ever loved and her 8 year old sister in a car accident. S...
153K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
403K 13.8K 36
Josie Pyre,a 22 year old virgin,no boyfriend,no job and no dad finds herself drowned in a state of depression. she decides to take a breather out on...