Marcus Harrison's Paradise

By symhere

BOOK TWO OF HARRISON SERIES. Charlotte McGill is sublimely good with children. She totally adores Kathie, Mar... More

Jobless
Chocolate Cupcakes
Do You Need A Nanny?
An Uninvited Guest
Left Or Right?
A Kiss Of Farewell
Ignoring Is An Art
The VIPs
Does The Offer Still Stand?
Emails
Lunch
First Day At Work
First Day At Work (Part II)
First Mistake
Overthinking
Meeting The New Harrison
Dinner With The Boss
Bothered
I Trust You
New Plans
Sick Boss-man
A New Feeling
Troubled Sunday
A Little Secret
That's Better
A Word Called 'Love'
Flashbacks
Welcome Party
I Can Do It, You Should Go
Trying To Tell Him Something
Happy Birthday, Kathie!
Don't Leave
Fired
The Only Friend And Family
Not Him
I See You
Not Just You
Forgiveness
Hard To Be A Harrison
Mackie
Hangover
No One New
Scared
Monster
Meeting The Father
Sorry
Revenge
Promise
Things You Don't Know About Me
Traitor
Don't Go
Epilogue (The End)
Charlie's Utopia

Rollercoaster of Life

10.7K 387 29
By symhere

The next morning I was feeling chipper. The last thing that was on my mind before I went to sleep was Marcus and the first thing I thought about after waking up was Marcus – I couldn't describe how happy I was. Last night was – amazing. It is still hard to believe that Marcus confessed his feelings to me. Marcus is the man who doesn't like to expose his emotions to others – but, still, he told me how he feels about me and I couldn't be happier. I thought about texting him after waking up but, that would be too much – even for me. I have to give us some time before taking another step in our relationship. But, before everything else I have to talk to Joe.

I texted Joe and told him that I have something important to talk to before taking shower, changing into fresh clothes – today I decided to wear something attractive – I wore a light blue summer dress that ended till my knees with white Mary Jane's shoes. I dried my hair and decided to keep my hair untied. After that, I applied light make-up. I looked myself in the mirror and smiled – I hope Marcus will like me getting ready for him.

My heart stands still when I heard the horn of the car – I looked at my wristwatch to see that there was almost half an hour left before Marcus would leave for the office. I quickly grabbed my handbag and walked out of the apartment before locking the door behind me.

During the whole ride – I just couldn't stop smiling. I have never been more excited to meet someone than before. Finally, after a fifteen-minute drive, we reached Marcus's building. A goofy smile spread across my face when I thought about the kiss that happened last night. After saying goodbye to the driver – I made my way towards the penthouse.

Once I reached Marcus's house – I set my hair before ringing the bell of the house. After hearing some muffled voices the door finally opened – revealing a smiling Penny. I was expecting Marcus to open the door but, he must be with Kathie – so, I don't mind.

"Hey, Penny." I greeted her and embraced her in a hug.

"Oh." She wasn't expecting me to hug her. I don't usually just exchange some greetings but, today was exceptional. She laughed, "You look happy and very beautiful." She commented and pulled away while her hands were still on my shoulder.

I grinned and nodded, "I am very happy." I affirmed.

She chuckled, "Good, may God bless you." She said and stepped aside for me to enter in.

I walked pass by her and entered the lounge to see one was there. I twirled around to look at Penny who was about to enter the kitchen. "Hey, Penny," I called her name. She stopped and looked around to face me, "Did Marcus went to the office already?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No, he didn't. He is in his study room with Silas and Ben. They are in a meeting." She informed me.

I frowned, "Oh, okay – thank you." I said. She just nodded and went back to the kitchen while I went upstairs to meet my princess. I hope Marcus would be free from the meeting soon so that I could meet him once before he leaves for the office.

I walked inside of Kathie's room to see her sitting on the floor while playing with her toys that she got yesterday for her birthday. I glanced at the maid that was standing beside Kathie. She smiled at me before walking out of the room – she must have been waiting for me to come. I kneeled and kissed Kathie on her cheek. "Good morning, big girl," I said to her.

She giggled and kissed back on my nose – causing my heart to melt. "Char." She said out loud.

I laughed, "Yes, Char is here." I said to her and pick her up in my arms, "And now Char is going to give her princess a bath." I sang to her. She laughed and circled her arms around my neck.

Just as when I was about to enter the bathroom – Penny walked into the room, "Charlie, Marcus is asking for you in his study." She told me. Her words were enough for me to jolt with excitement and nervousness at the same time.

A goofy smile appeared on my face but, I tried to cover it while biting my lips with my teeth, "Uh – okay, I was about to take her to the bath." I told Penny while glancing at Kathie – who was playing with my necklace.

Penny walked closer and stretched her hands out to take Kathie from me. "It's okay. I will bathe here today." She offered. Kathie whined a little bit, finally went in her arms. I also gladly pass her to Penny.

I smiled, "Thank you so much, Penny." I said to her and walked out of the room but, not before kissing Kathie on her forehead.

I couldn't conceal my excitement while walking towards his office. It felt other-worldly to be called by Marcus – it was all new to me but, I am sure I will get used to it. My heart was beating speedily when I stopped outside of his office's door. I ran my tongue over my dry lips and sighed out loud before knocking at the door. After a few seconds the door opened – revealing Ben.

The smile I had on my face fell off – I thought that he would be alone – why else would he call me in? I put on a smile, "Uh – hi, um – Marcus called me." I told him.

He nodded his head, "I know. Come on in." he said to me while wide opening the door for me to get in. I glanced at him and offered him a small smile which he didn't return. It is so weird looking at Ben – with a little difference – he looked exactly like his brother. I believe the only difference would be –nature. Joe is friendly and jolly while Ben – he seems too serious and uptight all the time.

I walk past him and stood in the middle of the room. A genuine smile spread on my lips when I saw Marcus standing beside his table in the middle – while Silas was sitting on the couch at the corner. I looked at Silas and waved my hand, "Hi Silas, how are you?" I asked.

Silas stretched his lips, "Hey, Charlie. I am fine – what about you?" he asked.

I glanced at Marcus who was looking at me with his hands shoved in his pockets, "I am good." I nodded.

Something was off – I could sense it. Silas wasn't behaving as he usually does. He seems a little off today. His face could tell that he has been awake for a while – his hair was all messy while he looked worried. I then looked at Marcus who was glaring at me – he looked angry. I knitted my brows as I looked at him – something was wrong – I have Marcus through bad but, right now – he looked furious. He had bags under his eyes – it seems like he hardly slept at all. Also, his shirt wasn't tucked in like usual, his hair was untidy – he looks like a mess.

"You called me?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything immediately but, walk nearer to me and stopped right in front of me – hardly a foot away. "I am going to ask you a question, Charlotte and I want you to answer me correctly." He said to me slowly. I could sense the control in his voice – I could feel how he was trying to stay calm while he doesn't look calm.

I gulped and glanced at Silas who was worriedly looking at me, "Y-yeah – uh sure – ask." I said to him. His physical behavior was enough for me to make nervous.

He took a deep breath and briefly closed his eyes, "Why did you steal the file from my office?"

His question was enough for the earth to shake under my feet. I knitted my brows and stared at him – I am not sure if I heard him right. Did he just ask me if I stole a file from him? "What?" I asked him.

He huffed, "Why did you steal the file from my office, Charlotte? Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about." He yelled causing me to jolt – I looked at him bewildered. I was speechless – I didn't know how to react. "Who did you give that file to?" he gritted out.

My heartfelt like it was about to explode – it felt like it would stop beating any minute now. I was so shocked that I could feel my fingers getting numbed. I shifted my gaze towards Ben and Silas to see them looking at me intently. I shook my head, "What are you saying, Marcus?" I said – I was offended by his words. "I didn't steal it from your office," I answered him. "You asked me to give it to Joe the other day. Don't you remember?" I asked him as I threw my hands up in the air.

He narrowed his eyes, "I told you? When did I tell you to enter my office and give anything to anyone?!" he yelled out – I could see the veins popping out of his neck. I took a step back as I felt scared of Marcus for the first time.

Ben glared at me and stepped nearer to me, "How dare you blame my brother?!" he yelled out causing me to let out a sob.

Silas got in between me and Ben and pushed him aside, "Just relax, Ben. Don't over-react." He said to him before looking at, "What do you mean Marcus told you to give the file to Joe?" he asked while glancing at Marcus.

Tears fell out of my eyes, "Silas, I – I got a text from Marcus. He told me to give the file to Joe because he was getting late for a meeting." I told Silas as my voice wobbled as I spoke.

Silas narrowed his eyes and glanced at Marcus before looking at me, "Charlie, are you sure you got the text from Marcus?" he repeated his question.

I hastily nodded my head, "Yes – yes, I can show you." I said to him before looking at Marcus who was glaring at me, "Marcus, why don't you remember?" I asked him distressfully.

"Don't lie to us, Charlotte. I didn't text you!" Marcus shouted before turning around and picking the phone from the table. He threw it towards Silas – who single-handedly caught it and glanced at the phone. "Silas, check it and show it to Ms. McGill as well." He gritted out while his eyes were set on me. "Who do you work for, Charlotte? Tell me!!" his voice boomed in the room.

I tried so hard to fight the tears but, I lost. Tears were freely running out of my eyes. I was being accused of stealing – how could Marcus blame me like that. "Ask Joe," I suggested while sniffing and wiping my tears off. "Ask him, Silas – he will tell you everything," I asked Silas who was looking at the phone.

He glanced at me, "Charlotte if you don't mind – can I see your cellphone as well?" he asked.

I nodded my head and hastily walked out of the office while trying not to shed more tears. I picked the bag from the couch in the lounge and walked back to the office where the three men where mumbling something to each other but, they quiet down once they saw me coming. I opened my bag and took my phone out of my bag and handed it to Silas, "Just look at it – look how Marcus texted me and asked me to give the file to Joe." I told him.

Silas unlocked my phone and went into the messages section. While he was looking in my cell phone – I looked at Marcus. I could believe that he out of all people was accusing me of something so nasty. I heard Silas sighing as I looked at him, "Did you see it?" I asked him.

"There isn't any message from Marcus on your phone, Charlie – nor did I find any message from Marcus on his phone." His words were like a blow to me.

My eyes went round as I heard him. I snatched my phone from his hand and searched for the messages that I got from Marcus that day but, I was stunned to see that Silas was right – there wasn't any message from him – nor there was any reply from me. "I swear to my life, Silas – I got messages from him," I said to Silas. I then turned towards Marcus and got him by his collar, "Tell them – please just tell them the truth, Marcus." I sobbed.

He looked straight into my eyes. I see a lot of emotions in his eyes – there was disappointment, sadness, anger, confusion – all of them were there. "Why did you do it?" Marcus's voice lost the anger from its tone – he sounded disappointed and confused.

I angrily stepped back, "I didn't do anything!" I shouted. "I didn't do it. You asked me to give it to him – why don't you all believe me?!" I yelled out. My heart was aggressively pounding in my chest – I have never felt more vulnerable in my whole life.

Silas rubbed his eyes and sighed before looking at Ben, "Call Joe and ask him to come here as soon as possible. If he is in a meeting – tell him to abandon the meeting and come here immediately." He ordered Ben – who nodded his head before passing a glare at my way.

No matter how much try – I just could keep my tears from falling – never in my whole life have I been in such a situation. I glanced at Ben who was talking to Joe – asking him to come as soon as he can. I was already feeling better because I know that Joe will make it all right. He will tell them the truth and then maybe they will understand that I didn't do it. No one talked to anyone till Joe arrived. I just couldn't stop crying while Silas was strolling in the room, Ben was just sitting on the couch – occasionally glaring at me and Marcus – he hasn't even looked at me. He was staring out of the window wall of his office. I had an urge to go to him and ask him – why was he doing this? I have so many questions for him but, I don't know how to ask them.

Joe finally arrived. I got up to my feet and walked towards him hastily, "Thank God you are here." I said to him.

He looked confused. He put his hands on my shoulder and looked at me, "Charlie, why are you crying? Is everything okay?" he asked concernedly.

A tear fell from my eye but before I could tell him how everyone was blaming me for something I didn't do Silas walked towards us. "Joe, did you come here to get Samson's file? Did you asked Charlotte to get you the file?" he asked straight away.

There was a silence for few seconds. I lift my head to look at Joe. He knitted his brows, "What are you talking about, Silas?" he chuckled lightly, "I haven't been here for a while." He said. "I didn't ask Charlie to get me any file – I don't know what are you talking about?" he said calmly. "Why? What happened?" he asked him while glancing at me.

At that moment I felt my solid trust suddenly crumbling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.8K 54
Vincent Chae, CEO of The Chae Foundation and a single father, faces a dire situation. He must marry quickly to retain custody of his beloved children...
196K 5.7K 48
Book #2 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #2 in Italianamerican 2022 #14 in Graphic 2022 #1 in Arguing 2023 #2 in Controlli...
355K 11.2K 46
Book 2 of The Sampson's Legacy CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE! It was his turn. It was his time to take on the family corporation. To sit behind the sa...
736K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...