Marcus Harrison's Paradise

By symhere

BOOK TWO OF HARRISON SERIES. Charlotte McGill is sublimely good with children. She totally adores Kathie, Mar... More

Jobless
Chocolate Cupcakes
Do You Need A Nanny?
An Uninvited Guest
Left Or Right?
A Kiss Of Farewell
Ignoring Is An Art
The VIPs
Does The Offer Still Stand?
Emails
Lunch
First Day At Work
First Day At Work (Part II)
First Mistake
Overthinking
Meeting The New Harrison
Dinner With The Boss
Bothered
New Plans
Sick Boss-man
A New Feeling
Troubled Sunday
A Little Secret
That's Better
A Word Called 'Love'
Flashbacks
Welcome Party
I Can Do It, You Should Go
Trying To Tell Him Something
Happy Birthday, Kathie!
Don't Leave
Rollercoaster of Life
Fired
The Only Friend And Family
Not Him
I See You
Not Just You
Forgiveness
Hard To Be A Harrison
Mackie
Hangover
No One New
Scared
Monster
Meeting The Father
Sorry
Revenge
Promise
Things You Don't Know About Me
Traitor
Don't Go
Epilogue (The End)
Charlie's Utopia
Marcus Harrison's Paradise (Revised and Improved)

I Trust You

11.4K 452 16
By symhere

"Hey Marcus, remember Willow Daren from college?" Cassandra asked Marcus – who was quietly driving the car. Cassandra was sitting in the front seat while I was in the back seat.

I glanced at Marcus. His forehead creased, "Willow? That girl from accounting class?" he asked while his eyes were fixed on the road.

"Yes – her – She is getting married next month and she asked me to tell you that we have to be there, no matter what." She said, "She took your number from me. She said that she will invite you personally too but, I thought that I should inform you as well." She added. I sighed and leaned back to the seat and looked out of the window.

"Why is she inviting me? I wasn't her friend." Marcus asked.

"She is my friend and she knows that we are best friends." She waved her finger between her and Marcus, "Maybe, that's why she asked." She continued.

"I don't think I can go," Marcus replied short.

Cassandra frowned, "Why not?" she asked him.

"I am busy." He replied.

Cassandra chuckled, "How do you know that? I didn't tell you the date yet." She challenged him.

"Cassie, you know how time-consuming my work is. I don't think I will make it. Don't worry – I will talk to Willow. She won't mind." Marcus answered.

Cassandra sighed and faced the window, "Yes, but I will." She mumbled though I am sure Marcus heard, he didn't reply to her.

I mashed lips and looked at the rear-view mirror. I could see his eyes in it – he was looking straight ahead. I didn't realize that I was staring him till he looked up in the mirror as well – our eyes met for a moment before we both looked away. I glanced at the mirror again to see him looking ahead. I bit my lip and shift my gaze at Kathie – she was sitting in her car seat. Her eyelids were dropping – indicating that she was about to sleep any moment now.

"Hey, Charlie." Cassandra called out my name and twirled her head around to look at me, "Do you have a boyfriend?" she asked out of nowhere.

My eyes went round, "What?" I asked. I didn't think that she would ask me this question. I glanced at the rear-view mirror to see Marcus already looking at me. I lower my gaze, "Uh – I –"

She giggled, "Okay, let me put it this way. Are you and Joseph dating yet?" she questioned as she wiggles her brows, "Because, I clearly remember from last time – he liked you." She chuckled.

I smiled but didn't reply to her. When she saw that I wasn't answering her – she raised her eyebrow, "So?" she questioned.

"Well –" I cleared my throat, "We went out once," I answered her and glanced at the rear-view mirror to see Marcus still looking ahead. I waited for a few seconds but, he didn't look at my way.

"You guys are too cute. I think you two will make a beautiful couple, Am I not right Marcus?" She questioned Marcus – who answered her with a small hum. He didn't look at her nor did he smile – he just hummed. The rest of the ride was soundless.

The next few days were similar. Honestly, the same old routine was tiring and dull – not for me but Kathryn. Kathie never leaves the house – she's growing up behind the same four walls. This has been bugging me for a few days now – I meant to ask Mr. Harrison if I could take her out someday – but, didn't have the guts to ask him. Finally, I decided that I will talk to him today, no matter what. Seriously, I have never been more nervous before but, I have to do it – for Kathryn.

"Kathie – baby, please eat." I have to try to feed her for the last few minutes but, she isn't eating.

"What happened, dear?" Penny asked as she entered the kitchen.

"She's being a bad girl. She is not eating." I complained at which Penny just chuckled and shook her head, "Kathie, are you a bad girl?" I asked her. Kathie stared at me quietly – she didn't say anything. "Are you?" I asked again.

"Nah." She mumbled in a small voice.

"You are a good girl, right?" I asked again.

She giggled, "Goo." She squealed.

I laughed, "Yes, yes – Kathie is a good girl and you know what good girls do? They eat their food." I sing-song while trying to make her open her mouth – she giggled and finally took the bite. The most difficult part of this job is feeding her. She never eats easily – also she's a messy eater. Whenever I feed her she swallows the half while spills the half out – just like she did now. I smiled and clean her mouth and her shirt with her bib.

I was almost done with feeding her when the door-bell rang. "Da-da." She squealed and tried to get out of her high-chair. I laughed and glanced at my wristwatch and it was indeed the time for Marcus to come back home.

"Relax, Kathie – you will hurt yourself. Wait – let me help you out, okay?" I talked to her while she babbled something. I put the half-eaten bowl of mashed boiled potato and chicken and spoon on the counter and stood up to take her out of the chair.

"Where is my princess?" I heard him from behind me. He sounded different – he sounded happy. I turned around to see him grinning. He was wearing what he always wears – suit. He had his laptop bag in his left hand. He put it on the floor and walked nearer us.

"Hey." I greeted him.

All this time his eyes were on her daughter. He looked at me and smiled, "Hello, Miss McGill. How are you?" he asked – which is extremely unusual for him.

I frowned, "Uh – I am good." I replied.

He nodded his head and took his giggling daughter in his arms while kissing her on her nose. "I missed you." He whispered to her while she played with his tie. "Did you miss Dada?" he asked her.

She leaned in and kissed his cheek, "Ya." She mumbled. I bit my lower lip and smiled – they both made me realize how precious father-daughter relation is.

"Miss McGill?" Marcus said. My gaze met his, "Davis is waiting for you downstairs." Marcus told me. My smile slipped off and I nodded. I don't know why he is always so eager to send me home. Why do I bug him so much?

"Goodbye, Mr. Harrison," I said to him. He only nodded and passed a smile to me while I returned and then looked at Kathie – who had her head over her father's shoulder, "Bye-bye, Kathie." I waved my hand at which she waved back and mumbled a small bye. I smiled and walked into the lounge to fetch my purse. As I pick my purse – I remember that I had to talk to Marcus. I don't know if this is the right time to talk to him. What if he doesn't like my idea? Well, of course, he won't like it but, what he gets angry? He's in a good mood – should I ruin it?

"Miss McGill." I snapped out when I heard him calling my name. I turned around with my purse in hands, "Are you okay?" He asked. Kathie was still in his arms and now she was playing with her father's hair. "You have been staring the same spot for a while now." He told me.

"Uh – yes, yes – I am," I said. "Uh – I needed to talk to you, Mr. Harrison," I said to him.

His brows knitted, "Yes, sure. Do you want to talk in my office?" He asked.

"No, it's fine here," I said. He nodded his head and raised his eyebrow – indicating me to proceed. I mashed my lips together, "I was thinking – I was thinking if I could take Kathie to the park tomorrow – only if you say so." I asked him.

He narrowed his eyes and stared at me intently for a few seconds. I gulped and waited for him to scold me or say no to me. He sighed, "Okay. Fine." He answered.

My eyes went wide. Did I hear him correctly? Did he just say yes? "What?" I was surprised.

"What?" he questioned back.

"Aren't you going to say 'no' or something?" I asked him.

He frowned, "Why would I? Are you okay, Miss McGill?" he asked me.

"Yes – yes, I am okay." I chuckled and ran my hand through my hair, "I just – I just thought that you wouldn't approve of it." I told him the truth.

"Why did you think so?"

"Because that's what you usually do," I replied honestly. "I mean – I mean to say that you usually don't let others take her out of the house. So I thought that maybe – maybe you won't like me to take her out as well." I tried to explain while looking down.

"Miss McGill, I don't let my daughter out with people I don't trust." He said to me. "I trust you." He added.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

996K 32.9K 41
[COMPLETED✓] When Abigale's father can't afford her going to college, she finds herself searching for work. She ends up being a nanny for the one an...
405K 13.9K 36
Josie Pyre,a 22 year old virgin,no boyfriend,no job and no dad finds herself drowned in a state of depression. she decides to take a breather out on...
62.5M 2.6K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
1.1M 30.7K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...