Marcus Harrison's Paradise

By symhere

BOOK TWO OF HARRISON SERIES. Charlotte McGill is sublimely good with children. She totally adores Kathie, Mar... More

Jobless
Chocolate Cupcakes
Do You Need A Nanny?
An Uninvited Guest
Left Or Right?
A Kiss Of Farewell
The VIPs
Does The Offer Still Stand?
Emails
Lunch
First Day At Work
First Day At Work (Part II)
First Mistake
Overthinking
Meeting The New Harrison
Dinner With The Boss
Bothered
I Trust You
New Plans
Sick Boss-man
A New Feeling
Troubled Sunday
A Little Secret
That's Better
A Word Called 'Love'
Flashbacks
Welcome Party
I Can Do It, You Should Go
Trying To Tell Him Something
Happy Birthday, Kathie!
Don't Leave
Rollercoaster of Life
Fired
The Only Friend And Family
Not Him
I See You
Not Just You
Forgiveness
Hard To Be A Harrison
Mackie
Hangover
No One New
Scared
Monster
Meeting The Father
Sorry
Revenge
Promise
Things You Don't Know About Me
Traitor
Don't Go
Epilogue (The End)
Charlie's Utopia

Ignoring Is An Art

14.3K 496 10
By symhere

Charlotte McGill.

After my last encounter with Marcus upstairs, I ignored him and Kath every way possible. And quite honestly, Marcus didn't seem to have any problem with it. I made such a big mistake by coming here, I'm never going anywhere uninvited anymore, it's humiliating enough that the host is somehow annoyed by my presence. Sitting in the corner and seeing everyone playing with Kathryn was a discomforting sight. I had to tell myself after every other minute to ignore the cute bundle of joy bouncing in the middle of the room. Just ignore her!

"Why are you sitting here? Did something happen?" Maria asked and she sat beside me. I was afraid that she would ask because she kept glancing at me for the hour. She must have noticed my discomfort.

"No." I lied, "What would happen to me?" I added with a chuckled.

She shook her head and smiled, "You can lie to anyone but, not me. I know you." She said.

"No, seriously. Nothing happened. You know me, I just feel awkward around new people, that's it." I semi lied. That was a small part of my disquiet.

She stared at me for a good thirty seconds before sighing and nodding her head, "All right fine if you say so." She smiled. Pheww, that was close, I thought. I smiled in return and move my gaze towards jumping Kathie. Could she be cuter?!

Maria stood up walked towards Silas, who was busy talking to Marcus. As soon as she sat beside him, he stopped talking and twirled his head and smiled sweetly at him. She leaned in and mumbled something in his ear. Silas frowned and said something to her lowly on which Maria giggled. I sighed and moved my gaze from those two lovebirds to see Marcus staring me, as soon as our eyes met- he calmly moved his towards his daughter. I kept looking at him for a few seconds, I know he can sense my eyes on him but, he ignored me. I rolled my eyes and took my cell phone out from my clutch and started playing some game in it. It was the best way to ignore them.

"Marcus, we'll take our leave now. I'm tired and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow." I heard Maria saying but, I kept pressing random buttons on my phone. My eyes were glued to the screen but, my ears were busy listening to Maria talking to Marcus.

"Oh, it's okay. But, promise me that you'll visit us next week." I felt weird listening to Marcus talking sweetly to Maria.

"Of course, I will." She chuckled. I was still pressing random buttons, even though I've lost the game long ago.

"Charlie?" Maria called me, I lift my gaze to see her standing with the help of her crutches.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"We are leaving." She said with a shrug.

"Oh, yes. Of course." I replied and stood up before collecting my clutch.

"Hey! You guys are going?" I twirl my head towards Joseph, as I heard him saying. He was kneeling beside Kathryn but, his eyes were on me.

"Yes, we are," I replied with a smile. He stood up on his feet and walked towards us while pouting like a child.
"But, it's just 10:00. Come on! The night is still young!" He exclaimed.

"I am tired and I have an appointment tomorrow, so-" Maria replied with a shrug.

"That sucks!" Joseph commented, "- But, I can't let you leave like that, Char Char." Joseph said to me.

I frowned, "I don't get it." I answered unsurely.

He sighed and shifted on one foot, "Well, I would like to see you again. You know, maybe we can meet somewhere- you know, like friends. Uh- to know each other better. Uh- to have a better bonding - as friends, of course!" He chuckled nervously and scratched his neck.

"He so doesn't mean as friends," Cassandra commented lowly but, it was audible enough to be heard. Everyone chuckled, causing me to blush deep. I started playing with my clutch and tugged my lip between my teeth. I always feel uncomfortable in such situations.

"I ship you two! Seriously I do! You both look so cute together!" Melissa shriek. Oh God! What's happening?!, I thought. "Oh- don't mind Silas and Maria. You two also look cute together but these two are just adorable!" She added. By now, I'm sure my face must be bright red. I shift my gaze from the ground to Joseph to see him staring me with a grin lit upon his face. I got nervous and looked away from him to see Marcus looking at her expressionlessly. I just don't get it. What is his problem?!

"We are not together!" Silas and Maria, both said at the same time, gaining snorts and huffs from everyone - including me. Maria rolled her eyes and Silas just chuckled.

"I'll walk you out if it's okay?" Joseph offered. I smiled and nodded my head.

After saying farewell to everyone, I walked towards Marcus and Kathryn, who was in his arms- looking sleepy.
Marcus' eyes were on me as I approached him, I gulped, "Um- I'm sorry for any inconvenience and that, I showed up uninvited. But, thank you for your hospitality and warm welcome. I had an amazing time." I said semi-truthfully and offered him a sincere smile. This time he returned my smile.

"It was nothing, Ms. McGill. It was my pleasure to have you here tonight. We had a good time with you. Thank you for coming." He replied. In return, I only smiled. My gaze, then shifted towards the angel Marcus held up in his arms. I sighed and stared at the beauty. It might be the last time I'm seeing her.

"You have a lovely daughter," I commented in a whispered as I saw Kathryn slowly closing her eyes while snuggling to her father. All this time, I had my eyes on Kathryn. But, I could feel Marcus's eyes on me.

"I know and, I can't thank God enough for that." He replied softly. This was the first time when I heard this much softness in his voice. I didn't say anything but, just stared Marcus's face. He is handsome- honestly, I've never seen him like that before. Tiredness is visible on his face but, it doesn't dominant his marvelous looks.

Joseph cleared his throat, "Shall we?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I twirl my head to see him smiling, I offered him a small smile and nodded my head.

I looked back at Marcus and smiled tightly, "Thank you again." I said before backing away.

"It was nothing." He said.

After exchanging greetings with everyone, I finally made my way towards the door with Joseph beside me. "I had an amazing time tonight," Joseph said while stuffing his hands in his pocket.

"Me too," I replied and tugged my hair behind my ear.

For a few seconds, we stayed quiet and looked everywhere but, at each other. It was getting extremely awkward when Joseph broke the silence, "So, I was thinking, if-if you would like to go to dinner with me?" He asked with a shrug.

His unexpected question left me speechless. Dinner? Like date? My mind filled with thousands of questions. It has been so long since I went on a date. My palms were getting sweaty and my heart started beating fast. What should I say to him? ′Sure! I would love to.′ Or 'No, I don't think so.' No, that would be so blunt.

"Hey! Hey, Char Char!" I snapped out from my tangled thoughts as Joseph waved his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What? Oh- I'm sorry, I-"

He chuckled, "It's all right, Char Char. It's okay if you need time. I don't want to rush it for you." He replied. His cheeks were turning into a pinkish shade.

"No! I- I mean, uh- sure. Why not? I mean I would love to." I shuttered. Why did I do that? Stupid! Stupid Charlotte!

"Wow!" He breathed out, "I- I mean, that's great. So-" he cleared his throat, "Uh, can I get your number?" He asked while scratching his neck. I smiled and nodded my head. After giving him my cell phone number, we greeted each other farewell and I left to find Maria and Silas, waiting for me in the car. Maria had this mischievous grin on her face. Oh, it's going to be a long ride.

Few days passed and I still haven't got any call from Joseph, I was looking forward to whatever I thought we could have, but I guess Joseph realized that he won't get any best of the relationship with me. I sighed and packed the last batch of brownie in a box. Since I didn't get any job- I started my own business which I operate from home. I bake on order now and, today is the day when I will deliver my very first order of thirty brownies for Mrs. Smith's daughter birthday party. This will generate slow revenue, therefore to bear expenses I work as a waitress at the local bar in the evening. I'm getting enough money to survive.

A loud shrill of my cellphone gained my attention, I whip my hand with a towel and pick up my phone, that was resting on the counter. I frowned as an unknown number flashed on the screen. Could it be Joseph? I took a deep breath and received the call.

"Hello?"

"I'm an asshole, I know. I'm so sorry, I took so long! I had to go to Paris for an urgent meeting, therefore I couldn't contact you." Joseph said.

I chuckled, "Hi, Joseph. How are you?" I asked shyly. I didn't know what else to say.

"I will be better if you'll go to dinner with me tonight." Joseph's playfulness was back. I laughed and shook my head. He's cute.

"Tonight?" I asked surprisingly.

"Yes, why? Are you busy tonight? We can move it on some other day." He suggested.

"I am. I have to go to work tonight. But, uh- my Saturdays and Sundays are free." I told him.

"All right, then. I'll pick you up from your place on Saturday. 7:00 pm. Is that okay with you?" He asked.

I bit my lip and nodded my head, "Yes." I replied short.

"All right then, Char Char. I'll see you on Saturday. Don't think much about me till then." He said.

I chuckled, "Yeah, as I will." I rolled my eyes. I will.

He laughed, "Of course, you will. Anyways, I got to go. I just reached home. But, I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay, goodbye," I said.

"I'll see you soon." He said.

"See you soon," I replied and ended the call. Charming man, he is.

I hope it all goes well. I hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.4K 7.4K 43
Kid Shelly loves working with children. Perhaps it's because of her odd name, but she's always wanted to teach children and show them the love of Jes...
1.2M 43K 52
Pain, hatred and abuse are the only things Alyssa Jordan knew after the unexpected death of her parents. Unloved, sad and tired of the life she's liv...
132K 4.3K 33
"That night was a mistake!" "The best mistake of my life!! " ___________________________________ Naomi Scarlett Johnson a young lady looking for a j...
736K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...