"𝐔𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 �...

By buckaree

A roleplay with a fellow friend that I turned into a fanfiction because it was an amazing idea. 035 and 049... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑
important

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

728 27 7
By buckaree

" That isn't important, nor any of your business. I must get done what is needed.. only then I may do what I please. " He immediately responded, keeping his eyes glued to the ground.

035 sighed. "Sei un tale dolore, you know that?"

" Je suis très conscient. " He uttered, humming softly a bit. " Choisissez juste quelqu'un! Ne soyez pas pointilleux. Vite maintenant... "
( T: Je suis très conscient. -  Choisissez juste quelqu'un! Ne soyez pas pointilleux. Vite maintenant... : I am very aware - Just pick someone! Don't be picky. Hurry now... )

035 groaned. Resigned, he began to look around for a good host. Finally, he found one. "There, that tall guy," he said. "To the left. Look."

049 hesitantly looked to the left and up a bit, though tried his best to keep his head down. " A tall.. sick man. Why am I surprised.. " He uttered before beginning to head over. " Pourquoi as-tu choisi un homme de grande taille...? " The doctor kept his voice down to a whisper.
( T: Pourquoi as-tu choisi un homme de grande taille...? - Why did you have to choose a tall man? )

"Oh it has nothing to do with how tall he is," he started, though that wasn't the full truth. "Entirely to do with his skin. Just look at how clear it is. Parfait, mon ami."

049 proceed to go complete silent for a moment before gulping. " I can't.. exactly reach his face, mon ami... " He'd utter.

"Just... leave me near him and make a noise or something. Yeah, that should work."

Though 035 didn't give him much to work with.. it was something. He rushed towards the nearest upcoming alleyway and carefully placed the mask down. And then 049 proceed to knock over a trash can.. ending up in successfully luring the guy over. Cause curiosity is a BITCH

Of course, the moment the guy saw 035 he was compelled to put him on. Soon, he was fully in control of the host. Luckily, this one seemed to be decaying fairly slowly. "Whew, that's better!"

049 would put his hands behind his back with a small sigh, staring up at the mask. " Oh, I bet. Now what exactly? "

"Up to you, doc," he said, looking down at him. He was standing a little close to him.

" Despite me being the more mature one between the two of us, last I checked this was your plan. " He said, examining 035's host from head to toe. He was clearly disgusted.. still sensing the god awful Pestilence.

035's expression quickly changed to a frown. "What's wrong now? Can you not handle me being so much taller?"

049 looked to the side, shaking his head. " No.. No, of course not. We should find someplace to stay before we decide on anywhere else. "

"That sounds alright to me," he said, glancing around. Nowhere empty enough was around.

049 hummed in thought before once again looking up to 035. " Any suggestions? " He asked with a small head tilt.

"Maybe there'll be an empty house near the edge of town?" he suggested.

The doctor nodded, his head dropping toward the ground as he begun to walk out of the alleyway and towards the edges of the town.. or perhaps abandoned areas. 049 thought that 035 would just follow him. " Keep a lookout please.. "

"Of course." 035 did follow him, though he wasn't exactly being vigilant.

He felt the lingering sense of the Pestilence everywhere.. he felt on edge, and it showed severely. " Merci.. Mon ami.. "

035 noticed how tense he was. "Don't be so afraid. Il n'y a aucune raison d'être."
( T: Il n'y a aucune raison d'être. - There is no reason to be. )

" Il y a. Il y a une raison. It's everywhere. " He confessed, turning slightly to 035 and looking at him with a small glare. That glare held so much fear in it.. but of course, it wasn't something the other hadn't seen before.
( T: Il y a. Il y a une raison. - There is. There is a reason. )

"Doc, come on..." he said, surprisingly softly. "You're fine, I'm fine. Why does it matter if a few hundred humans are afflicted with this Pestilence of yours?"

" Who knows where the Pestilence will spread to next? I.. I don't.. want... no, I can't.. do that.. all over again. " He uttered, shaking his head back and forth quickly as he begun to pick up the pace when walking.

035 grabbed his arm before he could walk too far. "Stop that. Slow down..."

049 immediately stopping in his tracks once his arm was grabbed, letting out a shaking sigh. " Désolé.. Can we just get to some place safe? "
( T: Désolé. - Sorry )

He thought for a moment, clearly disappointed with his reaction. "Fine. But don't rush, alright?" Subtly, he slipped his hand from 049's arm to his hand, holding it firmly.

Just the tiniest bit of comfort was appreciated, even if it was just hand holding. Even though he was still highly on edge, he was less tense and more calm than before. " If you thought I was going to cling desperately to you.. think again. " 049 confessed, pointing out the disappoint he saw with the other in the most non-bluntest way possible.

He chuckled quietly. "Pas désespérément, peut-être..."
( T: Pas désespérément, peut-être... : Not desperately, maybe... ) 

049 quickly shot a small glare at 035 before rolling his eyes. " Ne retiens pas ton souffle.. " He said as he deadpanned.
( T: Ne retiens pas ton souffle.. - Do not hold your  breath.. )

"I certainly won't, dearest doctor. Where now?"

He eventually calmed down, humming in thought for a moment. " We're aiming for the outskirts of town too find an abandoned living quarters for us, correct? "

"Yes, I believe that was the idea. We should move quickly, too," he added, noticing the decaying of his host.

049 chuckled softly. " "Don't rush" he says.. " He joked before glancing around before spotting a closed off place is the distance. " Hm... what do you see? "

035 scoffed at his joke. "Well, I don't see anything but a suddenly very snarky bird, mio amico."

049 almost seemed clueless, perking up and looking around with squinted eyes. " There's a bird..?? Where? I don't see one.. "

Without hesitation, 035 held the tip of 049's beak between his fingers, pulling him so he faced him. Then he quickly booped the beak. "Tu, mon ami!"

Honestly, he was a bit startled at the sudden touch. It didn't take much time for him to get a bit flustered, as he looked to the side and gently rubbed his beak with his free hand. " Je ne suis pas un oiseau.. " He uttered.
( T: Je ne suis pas un oiseau.. - I am not a bird.. )

"Sure you aren't," 035 said, laughing a little. "Still oddly snarky."

" Whatever.. I recall seeing a lonely place to the right of us. Can you make it with your host perhaps..? "

"Yes, I can get there," 035 replied. "Of course, we'll need a new one in the morning.."

With a slight nod, he begun leading 035 toward the place he saw moments ago. Turns out, it was a small neighborhood with a few abandoned homes scattered around. " Well? Is this good enough for SUCH an AMAZING and GODLY theater mask such as yourself? " He asked and there was a lot of dull sarcasm in his words.

"I'm not sure I like your tone, doc," 035 said evenly, though it was clearly to be funny. "But yes, it is adequate."

" Good. Now please let go of my hand. Hopefully these places have a water source.. " He said bluntly.

035 tilted his head a little. Without saying anything, he let go of 049's hand.

With that, he'd begin heading into the nearest abandoned house. Of course.. if was locked, but that didn't stop him from taking out a scalpel he had on hand.. and just lock picking his way in. " There we go. "

"Did you just... did you just ruin a scalpel to lock pick that? You realize I constantly leak acid that can corrode any material, right?"

" I have more.. besides, if we're being chased after.. it's best not to leave a trail. Though, with all your hosts... I doubt we'd be able to not leave one for them to follow. "

"Merde... I hadn't thought of that..." he muttered under his breath.

" Watch your language. " He said before pushing the door open and entering. " Dark.. not surprising. I like it. "

035 scoffed. "Così triste... that hasn't changed about you."
( T: Così triste... | So sad... )

049 looked over toward the other with a slightly confused look before rolling his eyes. " Which part? "

"Nothing, nothing..." Stepping past 049, he entered the abandoned house.

The doctor hummed in thought, closing the door afterwards once they were both in the house. Without another word, 049 rushed to find the bathroom in this place.

035's host was finally beginning to really fall apart. He found a corner to sit down in and let the body waste away.

Once finding the bathroom, he quickly just scrubbed his hands clean as a small shiver ran down his spine. Afterwards, he exited and found himself looking at 035 and his wasting away host. " How come you run them so quickly..? "

"Oh, I'm not really sure," he said. "They just seem to go faster when I'm on them."

049 hesitantly picked up the other with a small sigh before walking over to a wall and leaning on it. He'd then slide down the wall to where he was sitting. " We'll get one for you in the morning.. for now I suppose we need a bit of rest. Even though I believe you don't need sleep, huh? " He asked while bringing his knees up to his chin while lazily hold 035 in his arms. Within just a couple of minutes, the doctor was fast asleep.

While it was true that 035 didn't need to sleep, he did enjoy waiting if it was like this. Besides, it gave him more time to think. It seems that he barely even remembers our time together, he mused. Perhaps the longer I stay with him, the more he'll remember? Though he had always had his own agenda in some way, it was odd to plan trying to help someone.

===========

pfft- 
i have figured that with every chapter, i should share a headcanon-

049 headcanon: He doesn't like it when other's cuss, and will call you out about it and tell you to watch it. But then, 049 cusses so much it's to the point where it's almost scary. So basically... he's a goddamn fucking hypocrite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.6K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.7M 57.7K 71
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
523K 18.8K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
713K 16K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.