𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

035 hadn't noticed he was gone before he was nearly to them. When he did, he just groaned. "Dannazione..." He followed him quickly, though he was still trying to not look suspicious so he wasn't going nearly fast enough.

He was rather quick.. closing the distance between him and the family in merely second. And 049 acted without hesitation, gently tapping the two parent's necks which of course made them drop dead without any sort of warning. And yes.. he did kill the kid. And yes.. 049 did cause a screaming scene as he begun surgery on one of them. It wasn't even because he was angry.. he just, wanted to help.

"DON'T LEAVE A TRAIL, YOU SAID!" 035 was trying to pull 049 away from the one he was doing surgery on.

049 was being stubborn, and wasn't going to move. " 035... leave me be! Stop it. " He growled, beginning to push the other away.

"THIS WOULD BE EXCELLENT EVIDENCE OF WHERE WE ARE, DOC," he yelled. "You can do all that later, just GO!"

049 slowly begun to stop, staring at the three one the ground.. one of them with a surgically opened chest. He'd then look back to 035 with a small glare as he silently got up, putting his tools away. " Let's get out of here before I change my mind.. " He muttered, looking to the ground.

"Thank you." Without saying anything else, he began running out of the town.

049 hesitantly followed 035, running along with the other. Yeah.. running. That was the only the he knew how to do well.

Eventually, they left the town, going back into the woods. By this time, his host was very decayed, barely able to run.

049 caught up to the other's host, immediately grabbing a hold of 035 as he approached the woods. When getting there.. he slowed down and entered. The doctor continued to walk through the woods yet staying near the road so they'd have an idea where there were going.

"So..." 035 said after a while of walking in silence. "Let's go over what just happened."

049 stayed silent.. though he did give a small nod and hum while he continued on his way.

"We were just going to walk out of the town, maybe find a map or something. And then you went and drew all the attention of the town to yourself." He began to get angry. "We are being hunted, doc. You're going to throw away our freedom for some figment of your damn imagination." His voice became extremely growly and monstrous at the end. He took a breath, calming himself. "But... at least you left them. I'll give you that."

049 was silent for awhile longer, letting silence take over the conversation for awhile. " I am not throwing away OUR freedom. I am throwing away mine. They were ill.. I just.. I.. I... I just. Wanted to help.. It's not my imagination.. it's a global threat to humanity. Not.. not even the gods can cure this sickness.. I am the cure for it. I want to help people. "

"There is nothing to cure. Vous êtes un imbécile," he said coldly.

" There IS something to cure! I am not delusional, 035.. I am a doctor. And I will do everything I can to rid the world from the Pestilence. You are blind. "

"Would you just consider that maybe you are wrong? I would not lie to you... there is no Pestilence, doctor."

" Je ne me trompe pas. I know there is. Perhaps you cannot sense it.. but I know it was there.. I know it is alive and spreading. "