One More Day

By tmazumder05

Indie Grey Solstice, a mere background character with a mysterious past was doomed to be a Cannon Fodder- who... More

Chapter 1: Cannon Fodder?!
Chapter 2: An Odd Message
Chapter 3: Rejecting Fate
Chapter 4: Main Character's Attention
Chapter 5: The Window of Deception
Chapter 6: It's A Warning
Chapter 8: He's Here (1)
Chapter 9: One More Day
Chapter 10: Take Me to Church
Chapter 11: The Curse (1)
Chapter 12: The Curse (2)
Chapter 13: An Unwilling Descision
Chapter 14: An Invalid Prophecy (1)
Chapter 15: Track them down(1)
Chapter 16: He's waiting outside
Chapter 17: A Short sided Plan
Chapter 18: Which Style?
Chapter 19: The Wrong Choice (1)
Chapter 20: The Wrong Choice (2)
Chapter 21: Pathetic Hypocrisy
Chapter 22: The Lies We Tell
Chapter 23: Empire's Foundations
Chapter 24: Wrecked Decison
Chapter 25: For You
Chapter 26: Doubts on Him
Chapter 27: Desperate Talk
Chapter 28: Unlucky Circumstances!
Chapter 29: Undesirable Start
Chapter 30: Mission-so-Not Affirmative
Chapter 31: Acceptance
Chapter 32: Rebels
Chapter 33: Secret Sword

Chapter 7: The Message of Death

1.8K 104 21
By tmazumder05

"Gah! Someone died! There has been a murder!" a loud piercing scream was heard. Indie bolted upwards when she heard it. She pulled open her window to see an entire crowd jostling nearby to the Tavern. 

'Murder? Here-? Don't tell Reaper-X found another victim! Or could he be threatening me? It could be Jason too...' Indie gasped to herself, as she stared down from the fourth story building. 

The crackling fireplace flickered slowly. 

Murder. There was an empty void in her chest. Any moment, that person on the streets could be like her. She would die too. She bit her lips in panic. 

"Indie! Are you inside!?" Martha's voice was heard outside the door. Indie rushed and opened the door in a whim. 

"Auntie Martha!" 

"Did you hear the commotion?" Martha said, her face looked flushed, the middle-aged woman seemed panicked. "M-murder..." she mumbled in fear. 

"Calm down!" Indie patted Martha, who was on the verge of freaking out. But why? Is there also a Church Spy out here? Or could it be a red-hearing? 

"Martha!" a next-door friendly neighbor rushed to support the middle-aged woman who had fainted while informing me. "What happened?" 

Before Indie knew it, she grabbed a coat and ran outside to look at the commotion. Her boots plunged through the thick snow, making it hard for her to walk. She walked further through away into a alleyway, where a crowd of fifty people were gathered. 

"W-what happened?" Indie asked. A woman next to her answered: 

"Apparently there has been some sort of murder..." 

"..." 

"Somebody quick! Get the medic!" 

"The victim's name was Alfred Gordon, the poor man has a disabled wife, and two children. Gordon lived in this town for seven years... disappointing."

"Who murdered him?" 

"He seemed to have been stabbed to death." 

Murmurs went through the crowd. Indie's chest felt hollow and her heart rate went up and down. Why? She asked herself. Who? Are they threatening her? Indie? But the victim had nothing to do with her. Was he also a Church Supporter or is he someone else? 

Was Reaper the one to murder him? 

Why? 

Someone tapped on her shoulders, Indie flinched and squeamed slightly to see an Angelic face in the crowd. 

"S-sir Aven? You? What are you doing here?"

"It's the obvious reason why you are here, Miss Indie."  

Indie felt dumbfounded while staring at his catlike yellow hawk eyes. Her mouth formed an 'O' shape as if she just realized his reason. Aven chuckled softly and asked: 

"Are you trying to get in through the crowd?" 

"Yes," 

"Aren't you afraid of his dead body?" 

"Sir Aven, the victim is a human. Why would I be scared?" 

"Hmmm... I guess some souls are fearless,"

"We met too quickly again." 

"Ah right! It feels as if we met years ago!" 

"..." Indie was sure she meant 'QUICKLY' as in quickly. But nevermind that, Sir Aven's angelic and heavenly male god face made all her worries disappate. 

'He would make money with his face! No need to work! If I were his wife... I would put him out in the streets for a day... then Pa boom! I would be a billionaire! Wait! What the hell am I thinking?! He is a freaking MOB character, Indie!' 

"Did you come to see the victim?" 

"...Yes," Indie didn't say anything else after that. 

Sir Aven just asked her: "Do you want to see it up close?" 

Indie nodded aggressively. 

"Good. Now follow me." He pulled her hand and tried to shove in through the crowd. 

"Excuse me! Moving through- It is I, The WhiteChapel Minister!" Sir Aven announced, jostling against the crowd. When the townspeople heard him, everyone gave him space and let him move freely, and with Indie being dragged by him. 

'He- He- He is a WhiteChapel Minister?! Isn't that the rank of a Law Enforcement Officer and a Detective!? Sir Aven is a WhiteChapel Minister? But he told me he teaches Liberal Arts... Wait, that's his hobby...' 

Indie felt as if everyone was kissing their toes when she was being freely given space to move around rather than to shove against the others to get to the front. 

"W-WhiteChapel Minister Sir Maxwell?! You are back?" a man cried. 

"Yes, fortunately I came back yesterday..." Sir Aven said when he inspected a Dead body lying on the floor. His blood warmed and melted the snow, his eyes were lifeless, and there was a knife stabbed on the lower abdomen. 

Indie gasped and put her hand over her mouth to stop panicking. Her eyes blurried, she shouldn't have come here! Reaper X! Was it him!?

No- she should calm down. She forced herself to gulp down all the fear and clench her fists in frustration. Damn Sh*TTY book. Making everything come to life.  

"Hmm... the crime seemed to have taken place just one and half hour back. The Knife on his abdomen... WhiteChapel can take care of that."

"*Gasp!* Minster what do we do now!? The Murderer is on lose, we ain't sleeping until we catch him!" 

"Yeah! We catch the Murderer!" 

"Catch the Murderer!" 

Chants were heard in the crowd. Indie felt dizzy staring at the corpse. 

'Great! Seems like I am getting a bit of hint about how my murder will take place in the future! Thanks! A. Lot.'

Indie now took back every joke about her murder she had ever made. She thought that if she died, her sufferings would be over, but No! After witnessing such a grusome scene of a man stabbed- Indie felt a phantom pain on her abdomen as well. 

'Eeek! Did Indie die of being stabbed or poisoned? Can I volunteer to die of old age?!' Indie rather wished she had bought the tissue paper rolls today on the sale. After seeing such a grusome scene in front of her, she needed a place to throw up! 

"T-Toilet..." she whispered. Her stomach grumbled, and she felt as if she aged one hundred thousand years old. Sir Aven, can you please take her back through the crowd as you brought her in?

"*Quiet! Down!" Sir Aven yelled, raising his hands. "First we need to list a few suspects!"

Indie kept quiet looking around the crowd. If the murderer murdered someone, shouldn't he try to make themselves less suspicious as possible? Could the murderer be somewhere in between the crowd too? 

Indie has never been a fan of mystery novels, the anticipation always made her blood rush and cry. The murderer was always the sweetest, the gentless, and the most innocent of them all. Why?! Are you trying to indicate that that people with sweet, cute, innocent faces are pyshcos? 

Indie looked sweet, but a little wild, and an elegant type who seemed that she never committed a murder, but that made her dangerous because she was the enemy! 

'Then we have to look at the most sweetest person in the novel! Yes... this novel without doubt is following the trope! Of course, with an exception of Reaper!' 

Sir Aven was doing a magnificent job, handling the situation. He contacted the family members, talked with the Pharmachists to identity the poison stuck in the blade. A WhiteChapel Minister... amazing! Indie had to clap. 

'As expected of my Angel... wait! Doesn't he fit the criteria of the murderer too much though?!' Impossible (^-^) Author... don't let this be a goddamn plot twist! Make Reaper the Murderer!' 

The only reason why Indie read, <The Phantom's Secrets> was because it was a Historical Romance. There was ups and downs with the thrillers, but there was NO MYSTERY in it all! But all of that sh*t started happening after she transmigrated into Indie! Everything was kept in the dark! Mystery... Mystery everywhere. 

"...how troublesome..." she murmured. She wanted to head back and clear her head. Everything progressed too quickly in one DAY. 

She recollected her thoughts to find out it hasn't been even a day before she met Sir Aven! She just met Jason today! There was a Murder today!  

***

Her head was muddled and bit her lips. When she would go back, she promised to drink soup and lock herself from the rest of the world as fast as ever! Reaper was in THIS TOWN. It also meant... 

HE WAS WATCHING HER. 

Indie shuddered. But it also couldn't be him right? But Indie realized that she hasn't deviated from the plot that much at all. She hasn't ran away from the town to change anything. She just stayed... Quiet as a Mouse. 

Nothing significant for Reaper to not kill her. 

"...Mommy..." Indie cried, thinking about her mother from her previous life. She missed her mother's warm hug. She wanted to embrace herself in and forget everything. She wanted to flee from this tragic fate.  

 As she was about to turn around, she bumped into someone. 

"Agh! Sorry!" she cried, almost stumbling through the snow. Moreover that person barely noticed her and walked away. 

'What the F*CK?! Oh Whatever! Mommy!'

Her ass kissed the cold snow floor. She even fell down to the ground like a little toddler. Her cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. Oh thank god! No one was busy staring at her! She stood up and wiped the snow off her jacket. 

'The snowstorm this afternoon had to be this harsh... thank god the Snow blizzard calmed down or else it would be impossible to know who murdered you in this weather! Wait... was that man also murdered during the interval of the Snowstorm?' 

'Come to think of it... there was some sort of curfew during the afternoon or something- the time Jason came in and the time Jason went out. It was during that time that man was murdered. So... he was probably murdered during the Curfew or something...' 

'Sh*t...'

"Wait huh?" Indie realized something was strange with her jacket. 

But she noticed that there was something sticking out of her chest pocket. A note? She jumped to look around for the person who bumped into her to give her a note. 

D-don't tell her... Indie read too many thrillers to guess the next line. 

She opened the note and her jaws dropped: 

<I know the murderer who killed Alfred Gordon. I know you too, Church Supporter Brat.

Come meet me behind the Tavern Square alone. And don't worry, I WON'T Harm you. >

"F*ck," she mumbled.  

'I am f*cking doomed!' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 1.1K 33
Sammy has been feeling a bit left behind in life so her wish is granted when she is discovered to be a faerie princess and she has a long lost lover ...
34.8K 494 12
Here we go just another ch oneshot book, have fun (Mature tag is for potential cursing) NOTE: This book is on indefinite hiatus as I'm no longer in t...
2.8M 109K 138
Ye Zexi transmigrated as the big villain in a danmei novel, who shares the same name as him. Then, he found out that everyone regards him as an imagi...
998K 28.6K 121
SSR-ranked killer Mu Hui died in an explosion, only waking up to find herself transmigrated into the body of a vicious female supporting character in...