Chapter 20: The Wrong Choice (2)

"You." Reaper pointed at the chef and flicked his index finger as if he was the one ordering people around. "Come here."

'ShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShit'

Everyone's eyes turned towards the confused chef and didn't take Indie's intuition to start ringing bells.

'Ugh, this troublesome bastard!'

***

"You must be so happy with the Chef's work that you must have wanted to pat his back!" Indie quickly slapped her hand on the table and yelled loudly to catch everyone's attention with a bright smile on her face.

Reaper looked at her at last and then glared at her as if to say: 'STAY OUT OF THIS'

"Oh dear~ no need to look so shy!" Indie clapped her hand in a cheerful smile, although her hands were trembling and shaking with sweat. Reaper's face wasn't looking any amazing while he was glaring daggers at her. "You must be so happy to see so much cake, that you wanted to Knight him on the spot!"

The Chef finally then beamed brightly in confusion and said: "No need for praise!"

While everyone's eyes were on the chef and Reaper, Indie kicked Reaper from underneath the table and then swung her wrist of her hand against her neck, indicating his death if he did something stupid.

She glared at him and made the cross sign which symbolized the Church and then turned it 45* degrees to make it a big fat X.

Reaper's mood suddenly flared up slowly and then he turned to the chef and said: "...of course, you can leave."

The chef nonchalantly went back into the kitchen again and Indie heaved out a heavy sigh that she was holding for hours.

'Ohmyf*ckinggodIsavedhumanityonceagain!' (Translate as: Oh my f*cking god I saved humanity once again!)

"You owe me." Reaper glared at her through his mask as he whispered. Indie looked at him and tried to lower her blood pressure. 'I owe you what??? Over my dead body!'

"Look this was part of the contrac-"Indie sealed her mouth once she realized that she wasn't in her room at the mansion anymore.

"...the church." Reaper ordered her. Indie looked at her meal and smiled as she said: "In one condition."

Reaper glared at her through his mask as Indie coughed out and said: "You have to pay for my meal."

Reaper hit the table with the palm of his hand as he stood up and said: "Despicable-!"

"Is it that bad?" Indie asked innocently, "you gave me a day to live, of course, I have to eat cake out of all the million things I could ask for. Besides, it's unfair that I am offering my vast knowledge but you extend my life to only a day."

"...I believe that there are many people who will offer to work with me, especially since everyone hates them."

[A/N: They/Them = Church]

"Don't be ridiculous, the rich are given holy powers if they donate their support to them," Indie said looking out the window. "There is no way the upper class won't give up on god-like powers, especially since everyone wants to worshipped."

"That's why hypocrites should drop dead," Reaper replied looking out the window.

"Everyone is a hypocrite," Indie replied back. "Don't glare, you're one too. How do you know if other people aren't being threatened like me? You're just thinking everything is black and white. There are more colors of gray. Just because you're the Patrician party, doesn't mean the Aristocratic Faction is evil."