Chapter 17: A Short sided Plan

Wait. Why was she still alive after all this time? Why didn't Reaper already kill her?

Was there...SOME HOPE left?!

As if Indie had reached the epiphany of her life, she shouted:

"H-hold up! Master!" Indie fell on her knees and clutched her hands in a prayer mode. Reaper was confused, and so was everyone in the room.

"...the f*CK..." was all that came in response.

"D-didn't you set me as your double agent?! Remember your promise! I got all the important information you need! I-I-I have all the information that the Church has planned!" Indie said.

"..." Reaper didn't respond to Indie's pleas, but it was better than him killing her off.

"I am the top-rated Priestess who works for the Church! I am ve~ry good acquaintances with the Cardinal, the Bishop, and the Pope!"

"How am I supposed to trust someone from an Aristocratic Faction?"

"..." Indie gulped her breath in as she opened her mouth to respond, "I had no choice."

"..."

"They were going to kill me and my family," Indie said biting her lips. "Why? Because I was cursed. And my father fell into debt." She half-lied.

'This is certainly a risky move.'

"..." Reaper didn't respond. And the assassins behind him also didn't move.

'Will he kill me after I am done? No no no, he needs me. I'll make him use me. I'll make him seem like I am trustworthy so that he will NEVER hurt me. '

"To save the family from being a disgrace in the nobility and falling into huge debt, my father sold me to the church to save themselves. It was all when I was twelve years old. I was their spy. I was the Church's ears. One wrong move or one wrong betrayal... my family will be killed. I will be tortured. To death."

'Wow! What an amazing lie! I think I improved much didn't I?!'

"..." Reaper didn't respond.

'Did he fall for this trap to think to believe that I am not a pure supporter of the Church?!'

"...I just want to live," she murmured quietly.

Indie bit back her smile of victory as she tried to shed fake tears.

Yes! Yes! Fall for this white lotus trick!

'Aren't I so pitiful?! Show some mercy Reaper! Show some mercy!'

There wasn't a response for minutes, but Indie knew she won this game. She needed Reaper to believe that she was with him. She was part of the Patrician party, if not officially, she wanted the Church to fall.

Just look at my acting talent, Mommy! Your daughter didn't go to drama class to die in a pathetic novel!'

...

"So technically, you're telling me to not kill you. How shameless." Reaper finally responded in a blunt way. His voice was icy and dripping. Indie gulped, she never expected this plan to backfire so immediately.

"No- that's not-" Indie refuted in a confused manner.

"Many nobles have given me tons of excuses, do actually expect me to believe in their bullshit?"

"I-it's not b-bullshit..."

"Talk explicitly, your gibberish sounded like mosquitos around my ears," Reaper responded back with sarcasm.