Chapter 2: An Odd Message

'Sigh... there is nothing to do now...' Indie stood up and touched the reflection of her face in the mirror. Indie Grey Solstice looked like a doll, sharp green evergreen eyes, red-pink curly hair, and snow-white skin. 

Except for the fact that she has a scar on her left shoulder. But the scar made her look even more beautiful. 

How pathetic, if she died- wouldn't that be one beauty lost on this planet?! How imprudent, Reaper must have been blind! Yes- he was a blinded man, there is no way he wouldn't kill a beauty like Indie Grey Solstice. He was either blind or blindfolded! 

Or maybe even... he was homosexual. 

Hmph! She'll show him that beauty is a rare thing in this world when she starts working with him. Of course, that was an IF option. She didn't know whether he would still kill her or not even when she offered him a deal.  

"*Knock* *Knock*" someone knocked on the door. 

Indie was startled, 'Holy Lord! Is the Murderer already at the door!' But still... she hasn't prepared her script yet! 

"*Knock* *Knock* Indie! It's Martha!" a voice called. Indie mentally sighed, she didn't forget that she had one day until her fated murderer arrives to kill her. She doesn't even know where or how she'll meet her death! 

"...Indie! Are you not home? There is a mail from the Capital!" the voice called. Indie stood up and lazily opened the door. A mail from the Capital huh? Capital was where the main Church resided, and since the Capital was were the wealthy people resided, it was considered lucky if you got anything from the Capital. 

"Ah... apologies...sorry for the wait," Indie said as she noticed a middle-aged lady smiling at her with rosy cheeks. 

 "No need dear~ you are too sweet for asking for forgiveness," the middle aged woman said as she pulled a letter out to her and gave it to her. The middle-aged woman was plump, had rosy cheeks, and navel blue eyes that reminded Indie of stars.

'Sigh... it's not my forte to talk to strangers and then get lovey-dovey with them. Actually, how should one act like to a close person?' 

'A letter from the Captial means the letter from the Head Church huh?' Original Indie must have had powerful backing. 

"Um... thanks for the letter."  

"Indie~ are you alright? You don't seem like there are flowers around you..." 

Indie had zero clues about having to learn how to socially interact with strangers. Besides, she didn't even know the Original Indie really well! 

"Ah... my apologies, Miss..." 

"Oh Indie~! You know how much I hate the title 'Miss' right? It makes me feel old!"

'But you are old... whatever there is nothing to do when one is 'denying the obvious'. Are you saying the world is flat? I mean I don't care if anyone in this fictional world thinks that. Ignorance is truly a bliss.' 

"...sorry..." 

"Are you okay? You don't seem like the other days, you always are meerily cheering others, engaging with everyone."

'Whoops.' Indie cried inside her head. That's why she never wanted to interact with people. She didn't have the energy and time to worry about how to interact with other people who knew the original Indie. All her energy was invested into crying, and worrying.

"Mmm... anyways thank you for bringing this letter..." she mumbles and faintly smiles. Indie felt socially awkward, she wasn't great at talking big. That's why she needed to prepare herself for trouble.