The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 63

3.6K 147 23
By Grimmy27

Lia

I can't even express how grateful I am for my having my dad here. He's the best moral support I can get. He always knows if there's something wrong with me before I can even say anything.

I stay in my dad's arms, just taking in his woodsy scent that has been my source of comfort for years. Dad doesn't say anything, knowing that there's no need for words. He just strokes my hair softly and holds me in his arms, letting me calm down on my own.

When a particularly cold gust of wind brushes over us, I decide to go back inside. I may be wearing a thick hoodie, but my dad only has a long-sleeved shirt on and I'm worried he'll get sick.

With my hand in dad's, we walk back inside the house, where we're met by my worried Cakey and the rest of the family. I send my sweet man a small smile and walk towards him, sitting beside him on the couch. Dad takes a seat on my other side and just like that I'm sandwiched between two most important people in my life.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Alan asks worriedly when I lean against my Cakey's side tiredly.

"I will be." I tell him.

"You don't look good, sis." Aiden comments, frowning slightly at me.

"Gee, thanks." I chuckle dryly.

"How about we go to bed, hmm?" Blake whispers into my ear, rubbing my waist under the hoodie.

"I'm not sleepy anymore." I sigh, snuggling into him. I'm only tired emotionally, to be honest, and I don't think I'd be able to fall asleep now.

After a while, my aunts take Anna, mom and Maria to make supper, saying that the ladies need to spend some time together. I sit between my Cakey's legs, leaning against his chest as the men talk about god-knows-what. I'm not interested in whatever they're saying, I just concentrate on my Cakey's warmth on my back as I play with his hands distractedly. He doesn't seem to be bothered by what I'm doing and casually talks with my grandparents, uncles and cousins, occasionally pressing small kisses on my neck or head.

I love that he's always so affectionate.

I'm barely awake by the time the supper's ready and I can tell for sure the ladies had fun in the kitchen considering their cheerful grins and constant giggling. I'm surprised to see Anna and Maria talking casually, but I'm glad they're at least not ripping each other's head off. I don't think I want to deal with anything more tonight.

During the whole supper I feel Alan's stare on me. Since there's not much room at the table, I end up sitting on Blake's lap, just like Olivia on Harry's, Lilith on Gavin's and Peter on Ethan's.

"Dad, where are you guys staying?" I question once we've all eaten.

"We got rooms booked at a hotel downtown." Dad smiles.

"You can all stay here, there are free rooms on the second floor." Joe offers.

"Oh no, we don't want to impose." Sam refuses politely. "But thank you."

"You won't impose, hon. – Tatiana smiles warmly – It'll be an honor to have you here with us."

Sam turns to Jared questioningly, but he only shrugs, leaving the decision to her. Like father, like son, huh? Blake is exactly the same.

"Please, you're family. We'd really appreciate it if you stayed here. It's not fair to make you pay for a hotel after inviting you all here." Joe presses, getting a quiet sigh from Sam as she nods in agreement. Dad and Maria also agree to stay here and thank Joe and Tatiana for the hospitality.

I help clean up the table then once we've all bid goodbyes to Harry and Frank, who are going back to their homes, I say quick 'goodnight' to everyone and head to the third floor with my Cakey. Just like last night, the guys let me have the bathroom first. I take a quick shower and put on some leggings and a tank top before going to the room Blake and I are staying at and wait for my Cakey on the bed.

I just want to cuddle with him and go to sleep.

My sweet man enters the bedroom with a sad smile, staring at me worriedly. I know he noticed how tired I was, but he didn't question me about that. He knows me well enough to see that I don't need comforting words.

I pat the spot beside me invitingly, getting a cheeky grin from my man as he slowly prowls towards the bed.

It all happens so quickly but I feel like I'm watching it in slow motion.

The window shatters.

The rock flies.

It hits Blake.

Blake collapses.

"NOOOOO!" I scream in horror and rush to my Cakey, kneeling by his head and pulling him to me. "No, no, no, no, no. Please no." I cup his head with shaky hands as pure terror spreads through me at the sight of blood gushing out of his temple.

I cradle Blake's head to my chest, not minding the fact that his blood is spilling all over my top, and cry in fear. "GUYS!!! HELP!!!" I yell.

"Lia! – Aiden and Ryan are the first to come, looking frantic with worry – Jesus Christ! He got hit?!" Ryan kneels on the other side of my Cakey while Aiden runs to the window.

I'm too far gone in my panic to hear what they're saying. I only feel that I'm being pulled away from Blake as someone picks him up and takes him away. I'm completely numb, unseeing, unhearing, unfeeling. The fear of losing my Cakey petrifies me.

Someone helps me walk to a car and buckles me in before racing through the streets. I don't even dare to blink so I don't miss the sight of the car in front of us, where my Blake is.

I don't respond to anyone talking to me, I just stare blankly through the windshield. I don't even know who's driving.

We arrive at a hospital after what feels like forever. I rush out of the car before it can even fully stop and run after Ryan and my dad as they take Blake inside.

My poor Cakey is taken to the ER, but I'm not allowed to go with him. I'm stopped by my dad in the hallway as he tells me that Blake will be alright now. That he's in good hands. That I need to let the doctors work.

Dad's soothing voice pulls me back from the dark place my mind ventured off to. I cling onto him in pure despair, shaking terribly as he tries to calm me down. Soon it's not enough and I'm too agitated to stay still. I ignore my family as they linger around in the waiting area, and pace anxiously back and forth, chewing on my nails nervously. Over half of the family is here by now. My dad, my brothers, Blake's parents, Ryan, Rob, the twins, Zach, Harry, Gavin, Ryder, Nolan and Silas and even Harry and Frank. I didn't even notice that they all followed us here. Someone must've called them on the way here.

My whole body goes rigid every time a doctor or a nurse walks out of the ER, but there's still no news on my Blake. I caught Sam and my dad go to the reception desk, probably to fill in the paperwork, but I'm too deep in my head to care. I just want to see my man and know he's alright.

I keep getting weird looks from people as I pace around, panting heavily. I think it's because the whole front of my tank top is covered in blood. The thick substance is stuck to my arms, neck and chest like glue, but I don't want to leave just to wash it off. I need to be here.

"Lia, calm down, everything will be okay." I feel a hand on my shoulder as someone stops me.

And I suddenly snap.

I spin around and shove the person into the nearest wall. "DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!!" I yell in his face, panting in barely restrained fury.

It takes me a second to notice that the poor soul I attacked is none other than my brother. Aiden seems unperturbed by my outburst and just stares at me worriedly. I stumble as I step away from him and lean against the wall in front of him.

I slide down to the floor, ignoring the slight pain in my back, then put my elbows on my bent knees as I dig my fingers into my scalp. I'm fucking losing it.

"Lia..." Dad kneels in front of me and gently cups my face. "Everything will be okay, little mouse. Blake will be fine. The doctors are doing their best to help him." He tells me quietly.

"I can't lose him!" I cry out, digging my nails into scalp harshly.

"You won't. Blake's strong, he'll pull through." Dad assures calmly.

After about an hour a doctor walks out of the ER and calls out Blake's name. I quickly scramble off the floor and rush to him along with Sam and Jared.

"Family of Mr. Knight?"

"Yes, we're his parents. And this is his fiancée." Sam responds calmly. I'm honestly shocked by how cool-headed she is, but I'm sure it has something to do with her being an ER doctor herself.

"How is he?" I ask desperately.

"After doing some tests, we've decided to admit Mr. Knight in. He has a hairline fracture on his temporal lobe and we need to monitor for any bleeding that may occur."

"Bleeding?" Sam pries.

"A trauma this bad can cause a hemorrhage in the brain, so we need to watch out for that." The doctor explains.

"I know. Will there be need for surgery?"

"We'll have to see. For now the patient needs to be under surveillance for at least 24 hours and we have to watch if there are any changes. The patient was already moved to a room. He should wake up in few hours. You may ask at the reception for details." The doctor tells us before excusing himself.

Hairline fracture of the skull. Possible hemorrhage.

"Lia? Lia? – Sam waves her hand in front of my face – Why don't you go take a shower and change, hmm?"

"I'm not leaving him."

"I knew you'd say that, but you can't just stay in bloodied clothes, can you? – She smiles sadly – We'll stay here and I promise I'll call if anything changes, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise. I wouldn't keep anything from you." She gently wipes off the tears from my cheeks.

"Come on, sister, I'll drive you." Aiden carefully pulls me away.

I keep shaking the whole way to Joe's house, trying my hardest to not succumb to the anguish that threatens to swallow me whole. I need to stay strong for my Cakey. He's hurt and in pain and I need to be with him. I have to be with him.

When Aiden finally pulls up in front of the house I notice that some lights are still on. We walk inside and I see Luke and Oscar on their computers in the living room, while Joe and Tatiana try to calm Peter down. It takes me a second to realize that I'm the one who scared him. It's not every day a kid sees someone covered in blood.

"Lia! Are you okay?! How's Blake?!" Alan is the first to notice me and the others.

I only shake my head silently, feeling my throat tighten up. I just know that if I talk, I'm going to cry. And I don't want to crumble in front of them.

"Blake is going to stay at the hospital. He got hit in the head and the doctors want to keep him for observation. I just brought Lia to change and I'm taking her back." Aiden pats my shoulder as my uncles settle down on the couches. Zoe, Stella and Vanessa say they're going to make some tea and walk out of the room.

"What are you doing?" Ethan questions as he sits beside Luke.

"I checked the security footage. You won't fucking believe this. – he groans – It was Scott and his buddies that threw the stones. They seemed to have some fucking slingshot and aimed only for the third floor." I was about to head upstairs but I stop when I hear Luke's words.

Scott? Olivia's ex that harassed her earlier?!

THAT FUCKING CUNT HURT MY MAN!!!

"I'm going to kill him." I growl lowly as pure fire takes over my body. I feel the blood rushing in my veins, the deafening thunder that is my heartbeat fills my ears and my vision goes red. That son of a bitch will fucking die.

"Lia, don't say that. Someone might think you're serious." Aiden chuckles, sounding quite uncomfortable.

I slowly turn to him with the coldest glare I can muster.

"I'm dead serious."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22 0 7
Blake, one of the coldest investor's in NYC, is all set to be in her dad's footsteps in taking care of his business. Misa, a college student who have...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
3K 68 32
Steve, a bright college student is harmed beyond imagination due to some bullies. His only mistake was to love a girl and be coward about it. Now tha...
158K 7.6K 67
*PART 4 OF THE GHOST SERIES * Lia and Blake have decided to take a break after all that's happened over the last months. But it's not as peaceful of...