Our Fearless Tomorrow (In Edi...

Oleh SkylerSavior

For the rest of the people, even in the other side of the world, Li Sally always seemed like a normal person... Lebih Banyak

[[Disclaimer]]
00
01
1.5
02
03
04
05
06
6.5
07
7.5
08
8.5
9
9.5
10
10.5
11
11.5
12
13
13.5
14
14.5
15
15.5
15.9
16
16.5
16.9
17
17.5
18
18.5
19
19.5
20
21
21.5
22
23
24
24.5
25
26
27
27.5
27.9
28
29
30
31
31.5
31.9
32
32.5
32.9
33
33.5
33.9
34
34.5
35
35.5
36
Attention

2.5

157 11 25
Oleh SkylerSavior

Li Sally's POV

After delivering one of the orders I had to, I went through a court and stopped my skates by seeing Tian and seven more men together with those who seemed to be Yu's back, Yanan and XiaoMi. By noticing that men grabbed my cousin's arms, I went quickly there, I have nothing else in my bag because I didn't go back to the KFC headquarters. I took off my bag from my back and went close to them.

One of those men was pushing XiaoMi, immediately annoying her, she was in a fight position but anyways didn't do nothing.

"Listen, don't be too annoying. If you push me one more time, I'll show you."

"Then do it. Come if you dare to beat me."

I threw my helmet to another one of those men while Yanan threw an apple to the one who was annoying XiaoMi.

"Stupid girls! Guys, come on!"

"Why are you here, little girl?", asked another one.

I grinned while denying.

"No one messes with my cuz."

I skated towards the men, jumped and kicked the one who was closest to me. Two of them freed Tian and we four started to fight against them seven.

"Tian! Get away from here! Go deliver your order!", I punched one man on his stomach while yelling that to my cousin, but he just stayed there and saw something.

A guy with a tube behind XiaoMi.

"Hey, watch out!"

Tian picked a ball and kicked it to that guy's face, but it was going to XiaoMi's direction instead. Since I was closer from her than him, Tian yelled my name. I went over there and jumped to kick the ball to the guy's face and make him fall.

I also fell after that kick, putting my hands in the ground to impede any injury but even like that my toes—specially the right heel—hurted anyway. XiaoMi smiled widely at Tian whenever she noticed. Yu and Yanan made a high five and all the guys started to run.

"Yeah, run, you scums!", I shouted while I was standing up.

"Ming Tian~!", XiaoMi ran towards Tian and hugged him. "Thank you so much for saving me. My heartbeat still can't stop right now."

"Actually, I kicked the ball to your head accidentally. Sally was the one who saved you. You should thank her."

"It doesn't matter! You had the best intentions: Saving me!", XiaoMi hugged him even more.

"Song XiaoMi, you're not dead. Of course you have heartbeat. And Ming Tian is right, you should thank Sally."

"Cheng Yanan, did you have to ruin this perfect moment? You just shut up!", the red haired girl looked at me after yelling to Yanan and walk towards her. "Why you did it if you don't like me?"

"It's true, I don't like you. But I wasn't going to just watch how you get knocked out accidentally. I'm not that cruel."

"Ming Tian", Yu called, ignoring all this dumb situation. "You're not even able to protect yourself. You'd better join a club and learn how to defense yourself. Sally won't be with you all time long, this was just a coincidence."

"Yeah, you can join the boxing club with me and Sāi", Yanan held my shoulder.

Tian just picked up all his stuff, noticing the order was totally ruined.

"Thank you for your advise, but I don't think that violence can resolve any problem. Besides, I caused this trouble by myself. I'd like this to end here and now."

"You're so~ weird", Yanan come commented. "If you hate combat sports that much, why are you studying at Zhengze?"

"Because I need the scholarship", he responded immediately, making the three girls' lips part.

Then Tian put on his bag and went to pick his bike, but he noticed it was broken. So he carried it.

"You knew it?", XiaoMi asked to me.

"How couldn't I know? I'm his cousin, and if I'm living with him it's because he's the only biological family I know now."

I tried to leave but then fell on my belly, I stood up and noticed my skates' only brake was broken thanks to Fang Yu, who pointed it to me while telling me that. Shit, I thought as I picked the brake which was behind me and skating anyways but being more careful this time.

"I feel so sorry for them", I heard XiaoMi mumbling before reaching Tian.

"I'll make sure the client knows what happened. I'm way too delayed and this is a mess so I'll make another order for him", he told me while helped me to going upstairs, because the court had some stairs. "You just... go back to the store, okay?"

"Alright. But I'll make you some company."

"No, Sāi. Go ahead."

And then I left the place.

Fang Zhou's POV

I was playing a game while hearing what this men had to say and also checking the time. There was one minute and forty seconds left, which had passed so really slow and at the same time kinda fast. I even passed the level I was playing and this old man didn't end yet.

"This data is the result of the analysis of behavior compared with economic growth", I saw the laptop in fromt of me while this woman was talking, "according to the microeconomy and macroeconomy conducted by marketing department."

"Time is up", I declared with a little smile.

"... My opinion is that, once the new version of The Taosim Grandmaster is released, young people will fond of it."

I spinned on my chair and faced the whole table while I was still looking at my phone.

"Have you conducted a test of this game?"

"... Not yet", one responded.

"And you, Manager Zhang?", pointed at my left with my head, still looking at my phone.

This new level is harder.

"CEO Fang, our game aims at youth group."

"How many of you have really played it?", I asked.

No one responded, so I looked at them and blocked my phone before putting it on the table.

"I have a question", sighed. "A monkey can peel one corn per minute. If we bring it to orchard, how many corns can it peel in five minutes?"

"... In my point of view, it depends on how hungry and tired the monkey is", Manager Zhang responded. "Then we can have the answer", pointed at nowhere and everybody but me nodded.

I looked at the table and raised my sight again.

This old men are so dumb and so silly.

"Fine. Now I will tell you the right answer. None", I made the zero sign with my hand and the rest got surprised. "There is no corn in orchard. What can it peel?"

I stood up.

"You all focus only on analysis and pretty graphics but none of you truly understand the core. You don't know the youth group. If you really want to know whether the new version will be accepted, please imagine yourself as a child or a teenager. Okay?"

"So... What does CEO Fang want us to do?", Zhang asked.

I chukcled.

"Let's start with having a meal with fried chicken. My treat."

All of them looked at each other, I sat down and started to order at KFC while I was still playing. The thirty minutes had passed and the dealer didn't arrive still. I checked my clock while I walked by the hall.

"He's finally late!", I yelled while I jumped from the anger.

I was so impatient, and then someone called me.

"Hi?"

"Hello. This is KFC delivery. The delivery you ordered is not in time. The restaurant will probably send-"

"Nevermind! Don't want it now!"

I hung up and some minutes later the dealer arrived. I turned around because he was behind me.

"You're late. Isn't the delivery supposed to arrive within 30 minutes after ordering?"

"I apologize", he bowed.

"... Where's the WOW bucket I ordered? You don't even have the order this time? How could you name yourself the quickest food courier?"

"I got into some trouble on the road. I'm sorry."

"Do you? Don't say you're going to deliver it again", I put my hands on my back. "You should know I've made 27 orders and I have been eating KFC for nearby two months just for this very moment."

Then someone grabbed me from my left ear, turning me around and I saw my sister.

"What are you doing?", she scolded me and stopped grabbing my ear. "He's my school junior."

"You two know each other?", asked while looking at them both. "Tch, whatever he's your junior or your senior", I pointed at him. "I want him to make an online post anyway", lowered my hand and looked at him, "acknowledging his first failure. He's late by", checked my clock. "... nineteen minutes and twenty six seconds."

"Please wait a little longer. I've already made a new order for you. A coworker is already on the way with your food, if you ask for the time, she has", checked his clock. "... twenty two minutes. I'm sorry."

He bowed again and left the building.

"Wait! I'm not finished yet! Fine. Sis, your junior is impolite", told her.

"You are so~ bored."

I started to wait for that guy's coworker, who was supposed to be a girl. I decided to play a little more until I got bored and even more impatient, so I checked again my clock.

"Thirteen minutes left", I mumbled.

Then I felt someone behind me, I turned around and saw a short girl who was accidentally spinning on her skates but even without brakes she could stop and she finished being in front of me.

Now I was staring at her, and she looked back at my eyes. Her eyes are brown—a simple and common color as well as mine—but hers are so really big, sparkling and curious, like if they wanted to know all the secrets I have. She was so different from me, and I don't mean her eyes or her genre or out lifestyle.

I mean her. She's so-

"Fang Zhou?"

I nodded.

Li Sally's POV

When I arrived to the KFC store, I saw my boss looking for someone so desperately worried, until he finally saw me. My toes were still hurting, specially the right one, but I still have to work.

"SāiLí! Thank God you're here", he gasped and gave me a bag with an order inside. "I need you to give this WOW Bucket to a client in 'Fang's Group'. You know, the enterprises. This client is so demanding, incredibly strict. You have 25 minutes, as well as this guy Fang Zhou is a priority client, we grabbed this bucket which is already done. Wait, what happened with you?"

He saw detailedly my face for the first time since I recently arrived, I guess I have some injuries to heal.

"It's nothing. I'll take this to... Fang Zhou at... Fang's Group", responded.

He nodded.

"23 minutes!", he left.

Wait a minute. If I go there with my skates I would never arrive, it's too far and without my brake I could be run over by a car. Dying just because of my job as a courier is not a good idea, I thought before watching a co-worker.

Shang XiaoLing.

"Bro XiaoLing~!", yelled at him. "Can you lend me your bike? Since you're taking a break, you don't need it now but I do."

"Driver license?", I showed it to him and he threw me the keys so I caught them. "Don't break it. Ah, and give me your helmet. Use the other one. And seriously, don't crash it."

"It won't happen!", told him after giving him my helmet.

I searched inside the motorcycle seat and found two helmets, one of them with a black glass by a filter and another plate, different from the one already has. I already knew that XiaoLing always exceeds his speed when it comes to making deliveries, so I put the other plate on top of the original, I put on the helmet and handled the bike very quickly going by some shortcuts. When I arrived I took off the helmet and put the other plate on the seat without being seen, then I skated until the receptionist stopped me.

"I have a KFC order for Fang Zhou", I said before she asked me anything. "I still have fifteen minutes, but please tell me-"

"The top one."

"Okay."

Nodded surprised and skated to the elevator, I checked my face since the elevator is made of glass and noticed I had a bit of land and pebbles on my face, so I cleaned them away from there and after making sure I look fine I arrived to the top floor. Right there I saw Fang Yu, who pointed me to a corner at the left, I went there skating and that corner took me to a corridor where a boy with a gray suit was staring at the clock impatiently.

"Thirteen minutes left", he mumbled.

I accidentally turned but even without brakes I could stop and I finished being in front of him without crashing him. Now he was staring at me and I looked back at his eyes, they're simply brown but at the same time, as well as Yu, they were trying to tell me something.

Something I somehow wanted to know.

"Fang Zhou?", he nodded and then I gave him the bucket. "Here you have it."

I was turning around to leave.

"Wait", he grabbed my right arm and pulled me towards him. "Are you that guy's coworker?", I nodded. "They should have make you bring me this order in first place, uh", stared at me with a little surprise in his eyes after thinking to himself. "... What's your name?"

He frowned.

"Li SāiLí, or Li Sally if you speak English. Why?"

"I actually don't know. But I think I'll see you again. I want you to be my personal-"

"Fang Zhou", Yu appeared scolding him. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, hiring her? You're acting weird today, sis... Don't tell me she's also your junior."

"Yes, I am~", answered.

I raised my eyebrow at Yu when Zhou pointed me and then at her.

"Yes, she is", confirmed. "She's the other junior's distant cousin."

"What? She doesn't even look asian!"

Zhou held my arm even tighter and I freed myself from his grab.

"If you knew", I commented while caressing my arm and glaring at him. "... Anyways, I think that's none of your business. And I'll have to reject your offer, I already have a lot of work to do."

"You'll see", he pointed at me and left with his bucket.

"Este tipo está loco", ("This guy is nuts"), mumbled and started to leave.

"Sally!", Fang Yu called me. "Sally!", grabbed my left wrist, then I grasped hers and she caught my right one.

Two seconds after that we freed ourselves.

"What happened?"

"Si tus patines tienen los frenos rotos, ¿cómo llegaste aquí tan rápido?", ("If your skates have their brakes broken, how did you arrive here so quickly?").

"... Me prestaron una moto", ("Someone lent me a bike").

"¿Tú conduces motos?", ("You drive bikes?"), she frowned.

I nodded.

"¿Cómo hablas tan bien el español?", ("How you speak so well in Spanish?").

"Is none-"

"Of my business? I thought so. You need to know everything you want but I can't ask you nothing. Ain't that ironic?"

I went back to work, thinking about who was that guy Fang Zhou and why I felt so nervous when I was with him. I worked until when the restaurant had close and XiaoLing took me home, when we were on the road he told me that Tian had quoted because of what happened today and I told him I could keep his secret of the fake plate.

Once we arrived home, I thanked XiaoLing and offered him some water, it's something I used to do in New York when someone visited the house. He stayed for a while with me, so he and I sipped together since he got worried about it, he says we are 'job buddies'. Then I introduced him to Zhu and Lang, who was acting weird.

"Lang, what happened?", I asked him.

"He's sad because he reclaimed Big Bro when we were sipping", Zhu explained.

"I was mad and told him we always eat eggs and since he promised us we could eat KFC and Daily Nuts you guys didn't do nothing, you always said 'Tomorrow we'll do it', hmm", Lang crossed his arms.

"Lang~", I ate the last piece of my egg and grabbed his shoulders softly, "you were right. But the way you said that to your brother wasn't the ideal one. Tian and I didn't accomplish the promise, but I'm sure that one day, I don't know when,  we'll eat frized chicken again. It's just that", I scratched my head. "... How can I tell you guys-?"

"Your Big Bro and cousin are saving money for it", XiaoLing lied at them. "That's the reason why SāiLí arrived so late, she just worked a little more."

"Actually, Tian and I will be looking for new jobs so we could save more money."

"Now, Ming Lang, you want to apologize?", he nodded at XiaoLing's question. "Why you don't draw him something?"

"Like him riding his bike?"

"Sure", I smiled. "You guys don't have more homework to do, right?"

They denied.

"Fine, then do the draw while I brush my teeth, okay?"

"Okay!"

"I'll help them too."

XiaoLing hugged them and I smiled then went to brush my teeth, also wear my slippers and change my clothes. Some minutes later, he left and when I was going to close the gate, Tian impeded it with his hand.

"Sally, you're back."

"Yeah. What's that?"

"Daily nuts and KFC. How you-?"

"XiaoLing took me home. By the way, did you really quit?", he nodded. "Is this because of Fang Zhou?"

"Fang Zhou?"

"The client you had to deliver that bucket, he's Fang Yu's little brother."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"I don't think he's older than her because he looks like my age, but he's as tall as you", Tian closed the gate. "I had to deliver him the order you ruined accidentally. He was surprised because I arrived there early and wanted to hire me in their companies as their personal dealer, I rejected his offer and he told me 'You'll see'. Then Fang Yu asked me how I arrived there so quickly, and I asked her back how can she talk in spanish that good."

"I guess she told you that's none-"

"Of my business? Yeah, that's right. But she stared at me in a weird way as well as Fang Zhou, like they wanted to tell me something."

"That's weird, I guess."

I nodded.

"By the way, Lang has a surprise for you."

"Let's see then. Ming Zhu, Ming Lang, look what I've brought!", he opened the house doors, which I didn't know they were closed.

"They closed them", thought to myself.

"It's so late. They must be asleep right now."

We went upstairs and looked at them, the twins were on their beds sleeping, then Lang changed his position. Tian put the bags on the table they had and corrected Lang's sleeping position. Then he saw his draw and picked it, sitting on the floor.

«Big Bro, I'm so sorry. I love you.»

My cousin smiled at it.

"Was this your idea?"

"No. I just calm him down and XiaoLing gave him the idea of drawing you. Lang chose the bike concept by himself."

The one with a blue jacket kissed his sibilings' foreheads and some minutes later we went to sleep.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

358K 7K 85
Su Yu had loved Bo Yunian for five years. She did not hesitate to break off all ties with her family to marry him. However, once Grandpa Bo passed aw...
369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...
8.6K 636 30
Formerly known as POSSESSIVE SERIES 2 : Wang Yibo Xiao Zhan only had three important things in his life. His friends, his mother and the wealth that...
675K 17K 115
Synopsis: Su Yan had been crushing on Wei Zhou for seven years, only becoming his wife after an accident. Everyone mocked her about her luck, claimed...