Multiple Mates (Complete)

By ArdenTownsend

On the night of Meredith 16th birthday she shifted. When she came back from her birthday pack run and shifted... More

Reviews and Comments
Part 1 ✔️
CHAPTER ONE- BIRTHDAY✔️
Chapter Two- Double Mark ✔️
Chapter Three- The Doctor ✔️
Chapter Four- the mating ✔️
CHATER FIVE- the gift ✔️
CHAPTER SIX- pampering and celebration ✔️
CHAPTER SEVEN- Rogue and Travel ✔️
CHAPTER EIGHT- legend story ✔️
CHAPTER NINE- The mole ✔️
CHAPTER TEN- the trial ✔️
CHAPTER ELEVEN- Fighting werebears ✔️
CHAPTER TWELVE- the final goodbye ✔️
Author's note after chapter 12 ✔️
Part Two ✔️
CHAPTER THIRTEEN- the journals ✔️
CHAPTER FOURTEEN- the battle begins ✔️
CHAPTER FIFTEEN- saving the injured ✔️
CHAPTER SIXTEEN the fallen memorial ✔️
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN- their arrivals✔️
Part 3 ✔️
CHAPTER NINETEEN- the elemental returns ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY Fighting the Fire ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE- house arrangements ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO royalty returns ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE the ghost ✔️
Part 4 ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN ✔️
Part 5 ✔️
CHAPTTER TWENTY-EIGHT- the taking ✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE ✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY ✔️
Author's note after chapter 30 ✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE- the trial ✔️
Chapter Thirty-two: votings ✔️
THIRTY-THREE- the honeymoon ✔️
Author's note ✔️
The Pups✔️
Characters and Cast ✔️
Fyi ✔️

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN- the pups debut✔️

919 35 18
By ArdenTownsend

Tonight is the first full moon since the babies were born. Even though they have been seen by many of the pack they have not officially been announced to the pack.

Then two weeks ago the last  of the Wounded Warriors were released. Tonight also kicks off the the week of the mate competition. We have had mateless wolves arriving from all over the world. We did something no competition has ever done before.  Everyone who is coming for mates must spray scent be gone before they enter 100 miles of the pack.

I will be wearing scent begone for the entire competitio. I am not ready for a second chance mate. Yet by tradition since our pack is hosting the event and I am the highest ranking mateless wolf, I have to be hostess for all mateless  events. In the invitation letters that was explained to all the alphas so they could share it with their  single guys. That I am exempt from the event. There is a law that gives me one full year from these events since I am a recent widow and new mother.

The young pups are all sleeping at my house right now. They will be spending the night at my place tonight. The parents brought over everything. Plus we loaded up the new 6 passenger stroller I bought. It has diapers at the bottom and we placed 2 bottles in each bag. We went ahead and color coded the pups. Their clothes match their seats. This way we would not have to reset their straps every time they got in and out of stroller.

At 2:15 Sophia, Lucinda and I dressed the pups.  Then we headed over the amphitheater.  The meet and greet was at 3:00. I found it amusing pushing around the pups. We had many leaders from various packs here.  I had one Elder tell  me, "you should talk to your mate about birth control."

Her alpha looked at her and said, "Memaw you need to stop. He turned toward me and said, I am sorry for my memaw  lack of respect Meredith. I am Alpha Garrett Butler from Moon Valley and I think she just says stuff like that just to get a reaction. I know she was told about you."

"It is fine. She did not up set me, she reminded me of my grandmother. It was a pleasure seeing you. I need to get the pups up front now. Maybe I will see you later." She nods her head in respect to him and walks away toward the stage.

He looked at me and said, "how about adding me to your dance card at the ball?"

As I walked away I turned toward him, "will place you in third place unless you find your mate. My escort unless he finds his mate gets dance one and my dad gets dance two." I then walk toward the stage. Izzy and Ana take Selena and Serena. I pick up Bryant and walk behind the curtain. My brothers or sister-in-paws pick up their pups.

We were chit chatting when we heard a quiet male voice of authority say, "Good afternoon. Many of you may not know me because the last time I was seen out here was the blessing of your third in command 19 years ago. Only those who come to my house for prayers or blessing will recognize my voice. I am Seer Zelig Bennett and I live on the border where 3 packs use to come together. Now it is two packs, but I have seen the future that it it will one day be four packs.

Today, I am doing something I have not done in my 238 years of life. I will be blessing multiple future leaders. As is the custom of this pack when a future leader does not have a father figure we ask mother and infant to step forward." Meri steps forward with Bryant in her arms. "We ask her father and father-in-law to step forward." They both step foreword and stand by Meri. "Earlier this week I had these two men come to my place. I asked them to list down every Beta and Alpha leader they could think of on a piece of paper and drop it into this raffle spinning drum. Now I am asking you each to spin the wheel 5 times each." They take turns spinning it 5 complete circles each. Then they step back. Zelig opens up the drum. He takes Bryant in his arm. "It has been 147 years ago this custom was last needed. What we do is have the grandfathers of the pup whose father or in this case fathers list down every leader wolf they can think of. Then as a seer I then invite every one on these listed to attend the blessing. I ask the grandpas of the pup then to mix the names up and you all saw them do it. Now let us bow our heads."

You see everyone bow their heads. The seer says, "Moon Goddess. We are here this afternoon to ask your guidance and blessing. We ask that you guide the little one into choosing his male sponsor. We ask that you guide him in choosing whom you feel will be his best match." The seer lowers the pup and when he raises him he hands him to his mother. He pries open the hand and looks puzzled. "He grabbed two pieces of papers." He reads the name. "This is unprecedented that he grabs two names. We will try it again." He drops one paper inside and Elder Ezra twirls it 5 times. He then adds the second paper and Elder Brent twirls it 5 more times. The seer writes down the names and folds it. He hands it to Elder Luna Donna.

The Seer says, "I would like the council to step foreword to observe closely. They stand on the stage watching. He grabs the pup from mom and says, " Moon Goddess please guide our young pup to choose whom you feel will be a great sponsor for this young pup." He sets him in the drum. A couple minutes later he pics the pup up and hands him to his mom. He steps back and says, "will a member of council open up young Bryant's hand and take the paper and read what it says.

One council person stepped foreword and she opened his hand. She laughed and looked out over the audience and held up two pieces of papers. She said, "he must be destined to have 2 sponsors."

The seer sighs and says, "no he is destined to have four." The council, audience and myself all gasp.

I looked at him, "what do you mean four?"

The seer mumbled, "Of course. I should of thought of this the first time. Bryant's father was an identical twin. The Moon Goddess has guided him to the only two sets of identical alphas in the world." The seer looks and says, "council to keep from fighting happening I need to talk to you before we share what is going on. This explains my dreams." He turns and walks back stage to a dressing room.  The council follows and Elder Leader steps up to the microphone.  "I do not know what is happening, but We have some talented young pups whom I linked and they are going to come up and share some songs. Please enjoy this entertainment until the seer and council are ready.  We walk off the stage and about 25 minutes later they call Elder Ezra, Elder Donna and Alpha Issac into the room.  About 10 minutes later they call Conway, Conrad, Izzy and Ana back into the room.  Then 10 minutes later they all step out.

I look at Conrad and said, "all this time we have talked you never mentioned you had an identical brother."

"Conway, I would like to introduce you to my friend, Meredith. She is the one everyone kept trying to hook us up with, but we kept say no we are just friends. Now I will say I guess more like a sisterly bond.

The council steps foreword onto the stage, "Everyone knows this week we are here at this pack to celebrate the blessing of future leaders.  Plus this pack is having an appreciation for the Lycan's assistance in bringing down a dark force pack, and the mateless carnival and ball.

When male leaders loose their father by ancient law  must have a non-blood male sponsor. It was decided many centuries ago that the grandfathers of the she wolf would write down every leader of the pups's rank on up as a sponsor they could name. 

The seer would order them to list all the names they could in 10 minutes. Then afterwards their list would disappear from their memory.  The grandfathers would mix the list up. Bryant's list had 149 names listed. The seer would send out a magical invitation. We had 127 members show up. We had 22 invites turn down the invite. 17 of them their mates are due to have pups and they did not feel comfortable coming. We had 3 who are in training and could not leave. Then two who sent regrets they had just recently got their title of Alpha and felt it would be two soon to leave their pack. These names were honorable excused from attending.

We have never in all the centuries doing this had a young pup drawl two pieces of papers. At first we discussed it. The Moon Goddess revealed to our seer why he was drawn to two papers.

Bryant fathers were identical twins. Bryant ended up picking the two packs with identical alpha leaders. Seer said these two alphas would conflict and cause war if a solution was not found.  The Seer than had a vision. This dream vision solved the problem, but we had to inform the parents.

Then the Seer shared an ancient law that he has never done but read up about. He had seen whom the future mates were of Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway. Their future mates are still minors. We have very strict laws about adults cannot t claim their mates until of age. The last time this ancient law was used according to the history book was 777 years ago, but it was too just an Alpha and future Luna.  This ancient law is called "THE PROMISE MARK."

Before we can do the sponsor blessing we are going to do the promise blessing.  This will most likely be the only such blessing we will see in our lifetime. We ask all the parents and their pup s to come to the front so they can witness this ceremony too." We all walk onto the stage. We stand in front of the curtain to the left side and see many of the council are standing to the right side with the Seer. The only council standing  on stage is the one speaking. "I am now going to turn this over to our Seer." She walks to where  the council is standing.

The Seer walks to the center of the stage. He motions Elder Ezra and Elder Donna to stand to his left. He then motions Conrad and Conway to stand to their right. They turn and see Ana and Izzy at the back of the crowd standing with their brother and Alpha Issac. Everyone watches the Alpha walk them down the aisle.  Ana is wearing a pink dress  and Izzy a purple dress. Both are wearing white heals. Plus wearing jewels and tiara that their future mates sent them. When they got to the front he drops them off between their parents and their mates.

"Today Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway make  a commitment to their soon to be mates Anabella Woods and Isabella Woods to be  the best that four wolves can find and bring out in each other. They promise to protect them and be their guardians until their mates come of age.  Do you so promise this?

The alphas Conrad and Conway say together, "we do."

The seer then continues. "It is a commitment from the heart and mind based on a mutual bond that the Moon Goddess in her infinite wisdom bestowed on them.  The commit to trust, respect and nourish this early bond from now on, each partner will consider the other's desires and needs as equal to their own and their twin.

But the real bond  is not about four wolves being totally absorbed in one another, is about four wolves looking outwards, in the same direction – together.

Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway do you take Anabella and Isabella to be your  mates?"

They reply, "we do."

Anabella and Isabella do you take Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway  to be your  mates?"

Anabella and Isabella reply, "we do."

Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway, please repeat after me:

We Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway take Anabella and Isabella, to be our mates. ( they repeat it)

We promise to protect and be there for them when they call upon us a friends.  (They repeat it)

We promise to respect their parents and try our best not to interfere with their upbringing . (They repeat it.)

We promise to uphold the promise mark and be faithful until they come of ages.  (They repeat it.)

Anabella and Isabella please repeat after me:

We take Conrad and Conway to be my mates. (They repeat it.)

We promise to respect and honor you as our guardian mate until we come of age. (They repeat it.)"

The Seer turns toward the audience, "do you humble guest welcome and promise to uphold this PROMISE MATE vowel? If so say WE DO. (The audience repeats it.)"

He turns to the girl's parents, "Elder Ezra and Elder Donna add your blessing to this ceremony?

"We do," they say together but Ezra adds, "if during anytime you hurt my girls I promise before all these witness that I will kick your ass."

The audience laugh, Conrad and Conway growl, Ana and Izzy exclaim, "dad."

The seer waves his hand and they all get quiet.

Conrad. Conroy, Ana and Izzy now that you have made your promises to share your lives together in accordance with our ancient laws it is with great pleasure, I now pronounce you mates

Congratulations, you may do the PROMISE MARKING. They form a circle where they hold each other's hands. They each look toward the left and each of them bite that wrist. Then they look toward the right and bite each other's wrist. 

Then the family comes foreword and hugs one another. Meri looks at Conrad and says, "Now you are my true brother and you better not ever act like my other brothers. Because I do payback." She then hugs him and she turns toward Conway and says, "I do look foreword to getting to know you."

The Seer says, "I would like to now get back to our original ceremony. You all may now go pack and just go ahead and stand in front of the curtain. Meri you go ahead and stand right here with the pup. Ezra and Brent stand behind her." They all move where the Seer directed them.

"Alpha Conrad and Alpha Conway please step back over and stand to the right of Meri." They move to there. "As you all know Bryant pulled out two piece of paper. The first paper had a set of identical twins listed down. The second paper has another set of Alpha identical twins. I would like  Alpha Garrett and  Alpha Jarrett  of the Moon Valley pack to step foreword. Meri looks surprised when she sees Jarrett step on the stage.

"When I promised you the third dance I did not expect to see you until then."

"I am surprised you knew which one was me."

The Seer growls and Meri and Jarrett turns back toward the Seer, " the custom of the leaders is the father trains the leaders of tomorrow, but when the father is it capable he is assigned a sponsor. As you know our future leader chose his sponsors. He chose the only alpha identical sponsors since his dad was an identical twin. We have never had two papers to my knowledge ever chosen. We have never had double let alone quadruple sponsors.

Do you four promise to train and guide this young man as he grows into either a future Beta or Alpha?

"We do"

You understand that when he gets schoolage you will do one weekend a month where he will come to you for training until he reaches 13 years of age. Then at that time will spend one month during the summer in more extensive training?

"We do"

"You as his sponsor will also give guidance as needed for his older sisters and mother?"

"We do."

"Meri as mother to Bryant you understand that these four will help guide and train him to the role he will be as an adult."

"I do."

Meri you understand they will be pivotal in his transition from child to adulthood. He will have to spend one weekend a month from school age to age 13. Then one month with them during the summer?

"I do."

He looked at all five adults, "there will be one clarification that I will seek from the Moon Goddess. Will the one weekend a month be split between the men or if it will be one weekend for each of you.

Meri tears up, "so it might be two weekends every month and two months during the summer?"

The Seer nods his head, "do not tear up mama wolf. You have five and half years to discover this answer. Now hand me Bryant." Meri hands Bryant to him. "Elder Ezra and Elder Brent please restrain her now.

They step foreword and both say, "we are sorry Meri." They grab her arms and pull her back.

The Seer holds the pup up in the air, "Come forth Moon Goddess," and a bright beam of moon beams shine on Bryant. He is lifted into the air.  The pup floats between each sponsor.

A soft voice commands, "claim him now." Each Alpha canines extend. Garret marks the right ankle. Jarret marks the right wrist.  Conrad marks the left wrist. Conway marks the left ankle. "He now is part of you."

As soon as he is bitten he starts to cry and Meri tries to attack them for hurting her pup.  The moon goddess turns toward Meri and says. "Calm down my daughter. He is ok. He is now part of them. They have claimed him as their trainee. He will grow and one day become leader of the wearwolves and will defeat the dark Lord. They will always be able to sense when he is in danger."

She then turns to the audience. "Do you all swear your alliance and service to this pup."

They all say, "we do." Then she lowers the pup and sends him to his mother. The elders release her and she grabs the pups into her arm. She checks him over  and snuggles him close. She notices a wolf face with a compass at each spot he was marked. Garret's marks East; Jarrett's mark West; Conrad marks North and Conway marks South.

Then she disappears and the Seer takes over. "Tonight we are blessing 4 leader pups. Please go stand to the back of the stage by the curtains.

Centuries ago when the werewolves came to be it was noticed there were various powers of werewolves. Many wolves had various powers. Which lead to their blessings on a pack level.  These blessings were traditionally done the following month the night of a full moon.

I understand that we have a few pups whom  will come of age this week. Everyone who comes of age this week will meet here on this stage with our pack party coordinator, Claire upon the conclusion of the future leader's blessing. She will help make final arrangements for these pups. All coming of age pups celebration will be at 9:00pm-12:00pm.  Followed by a run with those pups leading their own pack"

Once he completed these words he went to the center of the stage. He got on his knees and held his hands up in the air. He said ancient words that no one understood. The sky went into a full eclipse and it became dark. Then above the crowds the ancient pot floated and it glowed a blue green color. It landed in front of the Seer and Adele came out and knelt beside the Seer. All wolves who were witnessing this knelt down. Then Adele said, "I am the Spirit of the Wolf, Adele. I am one who wonders these lands. I am one who stalks you in silent shadows. I am the one who runs and leaps and lends you strength and wisdom. I am one who sits by the Moon Goddess and protects her. I am here tonight to bestow into these new leader pups each an element. But I am feeling generous tonight. Each pup who is here will be given a gift from me. When they come of age their gift will be revealed. The first gifts will be revealed tonight." Then sparks fly out of the pot and heads to every pup in attendance including the she-wolves who are pregnant. Then Adele stands up by the pot.

The Seer then says, "I call upon Alpha Issac to step forward with future Alpha Dagian Woods." Issac steps forward.

Do you as Alpha Issac of Silver Moon swear to raise your son with the qualities of a true alpha?"

"I do."

Adele takes the pup and goes into the pot with him. When he comes out he has water spraying from his hand. 💦 Adele touches his hand and it disappears. "Dagion has been blessed with the element of water. His power it bound until he starts training on his 5th birthday." He hands Dagion to his father and he then takes his son and stands by his mate.

The Seer calls out, "Alpha Jacob of Blue Moon Pack to bring pups future alpha Felix and alpha she-wolf  Farra ." He walks forward carrying his children and stands by the Seer. "Do you promise to raise both  your pups with the quality and strengths of a true alpha?"

"I do."

Adele takes both babies in his arm and the three of them disappear into the pot. When they reappeared Felix  has a small tornado coming from his hand 🌪 Farra has a small flame coming from her hand. 🔥 Adele hands the pups to their dad. He touches both their hands and the tornado and flame disappears.  Your son has been blessed with the element of air and your daughter the element of fire. When they turn five I will be back to train them on their element. You may go join your mate." He walks back to stand by his mate.

Seer calls out, "I call forth the sponsors of Bryant." They come forward.  The four come forward and stands by the Seer.  Today everyone here has seen Bryant be blessed with direction." He points to Bryant who is in his mothers arms and lifts her and babe. She floats to where he is. He then has Serena and Selena float to Conrad and Conway. He has Bryant float from Meri's  arms to Garrett's arms. Meri is dropped into Jarrett's arms.

Adele turned toward Meri, "I know that you and everyone here will not remember this when done. All the ones who got a gift of elementals will be receiving a scholarship to a special school where they will all learn to use their special skills.

You Meri will be the birth mother to these three elementals plus others." Adele takes Meri and brings her into the pot. When she is brought out she is calm. "What you experienced will be like a dream and you will share with others later." He then turns to others so everyone can hear. "You have been blessed. You will be the mother of all future elementals and it will carry through all future female lines. None of the ones gifted today will give birth to any elementals unless they prove their worth. The last elemental to give birth was almost 250 years ago. I am the last one born. My siblings and I will be training the next generations of elemental wolves."

He then turns toward Garrett who is holding Bryant, He takes Bryant from his arms. "Come on little guy you are extra special and don't even know it yet." He then jumps into the pot and when he emerges he has coming from his hand a dust storm. You have been blessed with the element of earth. 🌍 Even though many consider when reading about it think it a weak element, but is is one of the strongest ones." He hands Bryant back to Garrett. Then Garrett goes stand closer to Jarrett and Meri.

"Now the blessings of the last two pups." He grabs Serena and Selena. He jumps into the pot and a few minutes later. He comes out with them. Selena has a miniature moon and Serena has a miniature Sun. This two will be the element of a the light and darkness. He touches the room and it starts to move and he touches the sun and daylight is back..

Adele and the pot disappears off the stage. The male twin Alpha disappear off the stage.

************
Meri says, "yes, I will pencil you in on the third dance." Then she walks up to the front. She parks the buggy and the pups are all claimed. Ana and Bella are holding Selena and Serena, "hey sisters. I have a request. Can I borrow Conrad?"

"Sure, why does it matter if you take him? He is your friend."

"I don't know. I just felt I should ask you. I would like for him to represent the mon blood male for the blessing."

"Sure take him. We will talk with his brother while Conrad is busy."

I glance up and then notice an identical wolf to Conrad on the far side of my sisters. "I did not know you had a twin."

"Will the parents please come to the back of the stage and the Full Moon baptism began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 25.8K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...
2.9K 814 38
"So what does that make me?" "We aren't sure," a small furrow took place in between Sebastian's dark brows. "We took you so we could find out, such...
18.4K 1.9K 63
Five hundred years ago, the Moon Goddess created the werewolves, as many other Gods had also created a race of their own. She gave them a gift...a fa...
40.2K 1.2K 21
WHEN ALESSANDRA THINKS ABOUT HER MATE, SHE IMAGINES HIM BEING A LOVING PERSON WHO WOULD GIVE HIS LIFE JUST LIKE HER BROTHER HAS SAID HE WOULD FOR HIS...