superficial | twilight

By kiraalicex

Nothing is ever what it seems. Just a grieving girl, thrown into the mess of her new brothers world. More

00 - History
01 - Painful Goodbye
02 - Brother
03 - La Push
04 - Hikes
05 - De Javu
06 - Happy Families...
07 - Sisters
08 - Lights
09 - Brothers
10 - Step Back
11 - Situations
12 - Disaster
13 - Sobering
14 - Alliance
15 - Regards
16 - 'honesty'
17 - Volterra
18 - Caius
19 - History
20 - Changes
21 - Game On
22 - Happy Little 'Family'
23 - Downfall
24 - These Four Walls
25 - Greece
26 - Egg Shells
27 - Birthday
28 - Birthday 2.0
29 - Misfortunate Reunion
30 - Force Of Nature
31 - Girl On Fire
32 - Calm Before
33 - Lost It All
34 - Letters In The Rain
35 - After
36 - Alive And Burning
38 - Half Of A Whole
39 - Small World
40 - Reunited And It Feels...?
41 - Just Saw A Ghost
42 - What Is This Feeling
43 - Happy Whatever
44 - Cold Feet
45 - We All Fall Down
46 - In At The Deep End
47- What the Hell
48 - Rock Bottom
49 - My Heart
50 - Sweet Child O Mine
51 - Give A Little
52 - The End
53 - Epilogue

37 - Rise Up

2.2K 102 4
By kiraalicex

King barely slept last night, but she isn't bothered. She seems to get nightmares when she does sleep so she'd rather not do it at all. Plus Lija snores, a lot, so how is she meant to sleep with him making a ruckus? It is sort of comforting, though; Jacob snored, so did Billy. Its a familiar sound.

She carefully gets up and drags herself to the bathroom, finding a towel before she has a shower. She doesn't have anything but the leggings, vest top and hoodie the Cullen's bought to her so she has to put them back on, making a mental note to buy something clean ASAP. She checks the wound on her side and cringes.

"Never again." She mutters, going back out.

Elijah is stirring as she does. "Msnsh."

"Morning to you too." She laughs, opening the curtains to the bright sunshine. "Come on, we have an hour. Let's grab some food and get in line."

"Yes mother." He mutters, closing the bathroom door. Once he's ready, they head to the small store by the port and buy a bag of snacks, King grabbing one of those tourist tshirts that says 'I heart Greece' as a spare. Its hot out, very hot, and the vest top needs to be changed ASAP - she can still be fashionable even in this heat.

"How long will this take?" Elijah asks as he squeezes between King and a random man.

"4 hours." King shrugs.

Eli glares. "Four? F-o-u-r?"

She smiles and holds up a wafer buscuit. "Yum?"

He snatches the packet as he grumbles, eating the whole packet to himself. King smiles and admires the views as the boat soars across the water, in the middle of nowhere. Eventually, Idra (Hydra) comes into view.

King rushes to the railing and smiles wide, Eli moving more slowly over. "It's still as beautiful as I remember..."

"You think hes really here? It's a bit bright for a vampire, no?" He asks, leaning beside her.

King rolls her eyes. "Sun isn't that big of an issue for them - but he'd still be hiding, I guess. He'd come here because he wouldn't want to be found. He.... Doesn't deal with his emotions great. If he isn't here then... Then I don't know where he is. And I don't want to go home and admit I was wrong. So if he isn't, well we're staying right here buddy."

Eli smiles small. "Y'know... I don't actually mind the sound of that." He looks into the distance, his hair blowing slightly in the wind.

King watches him. "What makes you say that? I thought you wanted to get back?"

"Nah... I'm one of 8 kids. And my family are quite religious. I was never one they were proud of... Did you know I'm a natural blonde?" He smiles small. "Dyed it to piss them off."

King gasps. "Blonde!? Damn, I'd pay to see that... You know what then? If its that bad there you shouldnt go home. Family isn't meant to make you feel shit. You should do what makes you feel good. I'm sorry I dragged you into all this - Jacob always did call me selfish." She looks at the water.

"Oddly enough, Kingsley, meeting you seems to have been good for me." He smiles, putting his bag on his shoulder. "Come on, I wanna drive a boat."

"Who says you're driving? I'm paying, I'm driving." King scowls, following him off the boat.

"Jacob is paying, actually."

She giggles and follows him onto the island, looking around. She leads to the way to information hut and finds out not many people will rent a boat - but she's sure she can work some magic. Sadly they have to buy the boat rather than rent it - sorry Jacob, that just cost you a fortune.

Elijah takes a moment to look at the engine. "This looks shady..."

"It's not that far of a ride, will it make it?" She bites her lip nervously.

"It should be okay. Let's buy a couple tanks of gas and we can get going." He says, climbing off the boat. They get the gas from a small store just outside the docking area.

"Should we grab some clothes?" She asks, looking around.

Elijah digs in his back and pulls out a few crumpled notes. "Here, see what you can get us."

She nods and goes inside to look as he fills the canisters. She ends up grabbing a few plain items for them, mostly shorts and tshirts, a couple tanks. She grabs some cheap boxers for Eli and some undies for her, grabbing a cheap bikini and some tatty shades before she hands the woman the money. She looks confused by the American money until her husband says its worth more than a Euro currently, so the woman accepts it with a big smile and a thank you.

"Please tell me you didn't buy me some bright pink trunks." Eli says, picking the two canisters up.

King smirks, waving one of the bags. "Right here... Eli, what if he isnt there?" She asks, her smile fading as it all comes down on her.

He sets the cans down and cups her face. "If he isn't there then whatever. We'll build a hut and create our own civilisation and we'll use all the skills I learned in 2 months of the scouts." He smiles. "We have come this far without him. If he isn't there, he isn't meant to be in your life right now. Your creepy family may find us soon anyways, so we may not have to worry about him not being there. Maybe them hunting us will draw him out."

She smiles small and looks up at him. "Thank you... Maybe you've done me more good than anything, too."

-

King feels her heart racing as she struggles to calm, the looming island that grows bigger each second not helping. It looks, oddly enough, the same as all those years ago. She closes her eyes and mumbles a silent prayer, holding the Ruby necklace Cai gave her. The one he sent when he found out about her.

"King!" Elijah calls as she leaps out of the boat when they're near.

She swims to shore, hauling herself out of the water. "Caius!?! Cai!!!" She calls. "Caius it's me!!!"

"Kingsley, wait!" Eli calls, jumping out and struggling to pull the boat to where its stranded. He watches King run off into the trees and he curses; its a beautiful island, kind of looks like one from a pirate movie where they get stranded and have to survive. There's a huge, green, dense forest, luscious blue water, golden sand. He manages to strand the boat and runs to shore, running in the direction King went. "King!?" He calls.

He runs through the dense trees until it thins a little, a cabin like house coming into view. The door is open so he rushes in, finding King kneeling as she clutches a photo. "King...?"

A sob leaves her lips as she clings to the picture of her and Cai, one of the few they have. "H-he isn't here a-anymore." She cries, hanging her head as she shakes.

Eli gently kneels beside her and sighs, carefully wrapping his arms around her and she let's him, falling against him. "I'm so sorry King... But he doesn't want to be found." He says gently, stroking a piece of her hair back. "He's hurting. And he's gonna need time to cope with that. Eventually he'll come back to everyone and he'll find out. And we'll be here waiting."

"He-you-" she takes a moment, taking a few deep breaths. "Yo-you should go ho-me."

He smirks a bit. "And leave you on this rad island by yourself? You gotta learn to share, King."

She sits back and looks at him, red eyed. "No... Go. You have a f-family. Family are-are important."

"Kingsley Braun, just 2 days ago you told me vampires are real. Werewolves, shapeshifters, witches. Magic. You took me on this wild journey and you just expecte me to leave you be and go back to normal? You and I, we made this journey together and I am not going anywhere. I'm gonna stay right here. Make sure you eat, sleep. Smile, laugh. Don't get too sunburnt. I'll stay here for 40 years if that's how long it takes, but I'm not leaving. Not a chance."

King looks at him for a moment before she bursts into tears again and hugs him tightly. Elijah chuckles small and rubs her back. "Okay, sado, get over yourself. I'm gonna go back to the island and grab some food, why don't you take a look about and make a fire or something?"

"We aren't primitive." She giggles small and rubs her eyes. "There's electricity, I believe."

"I'd rather a fire." He smiles, carefully getting up and heading out.

King looks around and eventually drags herself up, looking around some more. She sets the picture back and sees one of his cloaks on a chair, gently picking it up; she brings it close and sniffs it gently, closing her eyes. Where are you, Cai? She sighs. She's suddenly startled by Elijah screaming so she drops the cloth and runs. "Eli!?!"

She skids to a stop on the beach, breathing heavy. "JANE! STOP!!"

Jane turns to look at Kingsley, her red eyes emotionless. Eli gasps and pants as he finally stops writhing on the sand in agony, quickly scrambling away. King glares. "Who sent you?"

"No one. When the Cullen coven told us of your little stunt, we knew you'd come here. Caius left weeks ago, we don't know where he is anymore." She says, matter of factly. She seems to be alone, but King doesn't trust that she is.

King glares still. "He'll be back. I know he will." She says. "You do not hurt my friend, you hear me? He's protecting me, helping me. We will be here waiting for Cai."

Jane looks at Eli as he finally manages to stand. "Leave us."

Lija looks to King who gives a small smile. "She's harmless - I'll explain more later, go get the food."

Elijah slowly nods and leaves, Jane and King watching him go into the distance. Jane turns to the girl again. "I won't tell them you're here... But I'll try get word to Caius. You're remarkably well held together - if it were Alec missing, I'd be distraught."

King smiles small, crossing her arms around herself. "I am... But I have faith. We always find our way back together, do we not? Clio is gone and so that means we can be together. I can hug my brother and spend time with him and make memories. He will be back."

Jane smiles sadly. "I hope... Here. He'd want you to have this." She holds out a bag.

King slowly takes it and sees money. "I don't want-"

"It isn't charity. If someone wasn't looking out for you, he'd throw a tantrum and kill a village. So take the money. I'll send some when I can, when I know no one is suspicious." Jane says.

King frowns. "Why are you helping me... I get the impression you don't like very many people."

Jane smirks a bit, her red eyes mischievous. "I don't. I love my brother and that is about it. But Caius is my master, he is my protector and has been for many years. You are his sister - you are in a way my master too, in my eyes. I'm only doing what he'd want."

King nods small. "Thank you... Oh, Jane?" She says, Jane turning bsck to her. "Not a word to anyone. Not even your brother, please."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 387 15
⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ it didn't take one look to fall in love, but it certainly helped them realise, just how far gone they were. ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆
500K 11.4K 46
BECAUSE ━ ❝Because nobody's ever loved anybody as much as I love you.❞ Based on Twilight Saga Jacob Black × Fem OC © 2019 Wattpad @RavenDiaries
108 5 4
Jenna Black, Jacob Black's older sister, didn't expect Bella to return to Forks. And she certainly didn't expect the complications she would bring wi...
150K 3.9K 47
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 she falls in love with a wolf. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ (paul lahote x female oc) (the twilight saga) (twilight - ??) Started : Jan...