The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 60

3.9K 160 44
By Grimmy27

Ethan

We couldn't help but coo at the girls' cuteness as they trudged to the 'den' downstairs. I can easily say none of us expected Lia to be so open and playful so soon, but it's endearing to watch.

It doesn't take long for the guys to walk up the stairs and I barely stop myself from laughing at their defeated expressions. Only Blake and Ryan look amused for some reason, but the others look like someone fed them lemons.

"Wow, looks like the raid was successful." I joke, chuckling at the scowls on the boys' faces.

"You've got no idea, dad." Ryan laughs, shaking his head. I catch Blake shake as he tries to contain his laughter. What the hell happened down there?

"I honestly have to admit, I didn't expect you to give up your den. The girls must've been pretty convincing." Dad chuckles, sipping on his tea to hide his smirk.

For some bizarre reason, dad's words amuse all the boys as they laugh boisterously, glancing at Ryan pointedly. "What? What's so funny?" Harry asks amusedly, getting even a louder laughter from the boys as they settle around on the couch and the floor.

Blake is the first to sober up. "Let's just say that Lia used her most effective method of persuasion." He smirks at Ryan, who only chuckles as he rubs his neck. What did she do?

"And what's that exactly?" Frank implores curiously.

"Chokehold." Ryan laughs. "She got me in a damn chokehold."

We all burst out laughing at this. Wow, our sweet niece is something else entirely. "You poor child..." Joe sighs in amusement.

"Yeah, it was funny to watch him struggle, but I have a weird feeling it wasn't the first time our sister used force to get what she wanted..." Aiden glances at Blake questioningly.

"It wasn't." Lia's fiancé laughs.

"Really?" I raise my brow, intrigued. Is it a normal occurrence between him and Lia?

"Yeah. She did the same exact thing to a biker Prez when she wanted to go shopping with the girls. He wasn't happy about the idea, but it wasn't like he could resist my girl for long." Blake smiles fondly at the memory.

"Wow, she did that to a biker?!" Ryder exclaims in shock, but Blake only shrugs at him casually.

"What can I say? She's amazing." He sighs dreamily. As much as I was suspicious about him and Lia being engaged so young, I no longer have any doubts after seeing them both and hearing what they've gone through.

He's definitely the right person for our little niece.

As we sit in the living room, talking with the boys while our women prepare dinner, loud laughter resounds through the house, coming from no other than the den when the girls are.

"They sure are having fun." Luke chuckles as the girls laugh again.

"Yeah. But it's nice to hear them so cheerful. – Joe comments, sighing wistfully – Our little Livie and Lilith finally have someone to spend time with." He smiles.

I get what he means. There are no girls in our family, apart from those two, and it must've been hard for them to be around guys all the time.

For some reason, it's very rare for a girl to be born in our family. My father had four brothers and no sisters, which is why he doted on Anna so much. She was the first girl in the family and everyone spoiled her rotten. Even my brothers and I were a part of that, coddling and spoiling our baby sister like crazy.

Now that we all have our own children, I can clearly see the mistake in our past behavior. It's because of that coddling and granting all of Anna's wishes that she grew up to be a brat. When she entered the 'rebellious' phase in her early teenage years, there was nothing we or dad could do about her. She no longer listened to any of us, she thought she knew everything and it was too late to make her see reason.

She made some questionable choices in her life, too many to count to be honest, and each and every time someone pointed it out to her, she immediately pictured herself as a victim and tried to put the blame on someone else.

That's why it was no surprise for me when she painted such warped picture of Lia and her father as she told us about them. She told us how poorly she was treated by them and how Tyson tried to turn Lia against her, blaming her for everything that happened to Lia. After hearing about what Lia went through, I can't say I don't understand Tyson's view. He raised Lia as his after literally pulling her off the streets and after few years suddenly Anna appeared and tried to take his child away. It's only natural he'd protect his child. As a father myself, I can tell with certainty that I would react the same if someone attempted to take my children from me.

Another burst of laughter pulls me out of my thoughts before Lilith skips happily to the kitchen, asking Emma for some juice then running back to the basement. She seems to be in a much better mood than before.

"Hey, Harry, what are you going to do about that Scott boy?" I question, frowning worriedly. I knew about Scott dating Olivia, the whole family knew, but we had no idea he was such a bitter little shit.

Harry sighs deeply, dragging his hand over his face in frustration. "I don't know. I told the girls I'll deal with it, but I really don't know what to do. The best solution would be to quit my job so the little shit wouldn't have anything to use against my Livie, but... where would I find a job that pays as well as my current one, especially at this age? I have my family to think about, Ethan, I have a wife and four kids to take care of."

"Three kids, dad. – Gavin corrects – You don't have to support me anymore, I told you that already."

"You can say what you want, but I'm not leaving my kids with no help. It's my job to provide for you and I'm taking it seriously." Harry rebukes sternly. Maybe it's because we're both the eldest in our families, but I know exactly what he means. I feel the same sense of responsibility when it comes to our family. As the oldest, they depend on me.

"I know it might not be my place to interrupt... - Blake intercepts tentatively – but I talked to Lia about this whole situation with Scott. She felt guilty about possibly causing you trouble at work, so she said that if you lose your job, she'll help you find a new one. From what she told me, there's an opening for the position of a head accountant at Tyson's company." He tells us, glancing unsurely between us all, as if dreading our reaction.

"Hold on. Lia said that she can help find our dad a job?" Gavin chuckles incredulously.

"Yeah..." Blake frowns in confusion, scratching his beard distractedly. "But that's just an offer. No pressure." He shrugs.

I can't help but shake my head at the young guy. "Damn, those kids are really something..." I sigh, getting a chuckle from everyone.

Robert glances at our dad when he sniffles quietly. "Dad? What's wrong?"

Dad only wipes his tear off, staring longingly in the direction of the den. "Our poor Lia grew up to be an amazing young woman... And we weren't there..."

"Dad. – I sigh – You know that if there was anything we could do, we would."

"I know, son, I know. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to know how much our little girl went through without her family beside her."

"But she's here now, Alan. – Tatiana gently pats dad's shoulder – She's accepting us all and so is her fiancé." She glances at Blake pointedly.

"Blake... - dad gets serious suddenly - You know Lia well, so I want to ask you something."

"Sure, go ahead."

"What is the chance that Lia... that she will accept us?" Dad questions worriedly, making us all turn to Blake imploringly.

"Hmm... From what I know she's already accepted you all. Well, apart from Anna. Lia will never forgive her." I remember how Lia told me she won't forgive her mother and as much as it bothers me, I can't say I don't understand. What Anna did was really unforgivable.

"You really think so?" Dad presses with a hopeful look.

"I know so. If she didn't, we wouldn't be here." Blake smiles reassuringly, getting a deep sigh of relief from dad.

"I'm glad to hear it. – dad chuckles, wiping off a tear that runs down his cheek – You have no idea how much it means to me." I can't help but smile at how sentimental my father's being. Ever since Lia and Blake came here, he's been really emotional. Looks like meeting his granddaughter touched him more than we thought.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I quickly take it out and check the new message.

"We're landing in two hours." I grin at the message then relay it to Frank quietly, getting a nod from him.

"And what are you two conspiring about, huh?" Rob smirks knowingly.

"A surprise. – I grin before glancing at Blake – For Lia."

"Um, I don't want to be rude, but Lia doesn't really like surprises. – he frowns worriedly – Especially after all that happened lately."

"Oh..." Frank scratches his head distractedly.

"I think she'll like this one." I tell Blake, getting a suspicious look from him.

"Dinner's ready!" Zoe calls out from the doorway with a smile after a while, getting a quick 'okay' from us before she goes to get the kids.

"Okay, who's going to go get the girls?" Aiden asks as we head to the dining room, getting an amused chuckle from Blake.

"You go, you're the oldest." Zach shoves him playfully. Kids.

"Not a chance. They've been awfully quiet for the last hour. I'm not going there, I'm not suicidal." Aiden shudders. What's so scary?

"Dad's the oldest. He should go." Ryan smirks at me, getting a chortle from me as I shake my head. I can't believe the boys are so afraid of three teenage girls. Wimps.

With an exasperated sigh, Harry and I go down the hall to the basement where the girls are, chuckling at our cowardly kids.

We both coo in adoration at the sight in front of us. All three girls are sleeping peacefully on the floor, surrounded by a bunch of pillows and blankets as some Disney movie plays on the screen. Both Olivia and Lilith are snuggled into Lia from both sides.

"My god, they're adorable." Harry sighs, taking out his phone and snapping a picture of the three cuties. I chuckle quietly then do the same, smiling lovingly at the girls. They're so cute.

"I don't think we should wake them up." I say quietly, getting a short nod from Harry before we go back to the dining room.

"And the girls?" Tatiana asks curiously when we enter the room.

"They're asleep. We didn't have the heart to wake them." Harry responds warmly.

"They look so adorable, all cuddled up together." I add with a grin, showing dad the picture I took.

"Aww, such cutie pies."

"You made the right decision. – Blake comments – You could've lost a limb or two if you tried to wake Lia up." He chuckles before getting up from his seat. "But it's also a bad idea to leave her hungry, so I'll go get her." He grins then goes to the den.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ryan asks, looking at Lia's brothers imploringly.

"Grumpy Lia is scary, but hungry Lia is terrifying." Ashton shudders as if he remembered something.

"Scary? But she's so cute!" Joel and Julian scoff mockingly.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, guys. – Adrian shakes his head, pointing at his brothers – We've seen what Lia's like when she's forcibly woken up and we'd rather not see it again. And when she's hungry, it's ten times worse." He gives the guys a wide-eyed stare.

"Okay, I've got to see that. I don't believe someone as tiny as Lia can be anything but adorable." Zach smirks, making us all laugh in amusement. Who knew that just one girl could change the atmosphere in the house so much...

"See what?" I turn at the sound of Lia's groggy voice as she and Blake slowly trudge to the table with Liv and Lilith behind them. The girls are in their cute onesies and it's a sight to behold.

"Your brothers are saying that you're scary when woken up and, I quote, 'terrifying' when you're hungry." Zach chortles, using air quotes.

I watch amused as Lia only blinks slowly then yawns cutely before giving Zach a glare. "What? Who told you that?"

"You brothers." Zach retorts, seeming highly entertained by Lia's behavior.

"Hey, it's true. – Aiden says defensively when Lia glares at him – Remember how you kicked me when I tried to wake you up? Or how you strangled Adrian for eating your cake? Or how you threatened Ashton when he didn't get your dinner in time?" He smirks knowingly, getting only an annoyed grumble from Lia.

"First of all, never steal my cake. – Lia states coldly – Second of all, you tried to wake me up by tickling me, so of course I would kick you. And finally, when you promise me food, you should keep your word." She glares at her brothers and I barely stop myself from laughing at the nervous look on the guys' faces.

"Sorry." They all apologize simultaneously.

Once the table is fully set, we all start eating, occasionally commenting on the girls' attires and how adorable they look in their fuzzy onesies. As much as it is nice to have a family dinner, I can't help but feel bad that my sister is not here. She should be a part of this too. If only she realized how badly she fucked up, maybe Lia would someday accept her. If she showed remorse for what she's done, maybe she would be forgiven by her daughter.

After we're all done eating, the women clean up the table with the help from Lia and the girls, while Frank and I get ready to bring our surprise.

We go in two cars to pick up our guests from the airport then take them to Joe's house. I call Carla and ask her to gather everyone in the living room when we're about twenty minutes away, getting a quick 'okay' in response. She knows exactly what I planned.

Frank and I park our cars in the driveway then lead our four guests inside, getting a loud gasp from Lia when she sees us.

"DAD!" I get out of the way as she rushes to Tyson, still in her onesie and lunges at him, wrapping herself around him.

"Hey, little mouse. – he greets warmly, holding her tightly against him – Or should I say, little cat?" He jokes, getting a playful shove from Lia.

"Don't I get a hug, too?" The dark-skinned woman teases from behind Tyson, making Lia release her father before she engulfs the woman in a tight embrace.

"Mama."

"Hey, Lilli." Maria strokes Lia's hair softly as they hug each other. "My little Lilli."

We all watch quietly as Blake and Lia exchange warm greetings with Tyson, Maria, Samantha and Jared before Lia leads them further inside and introducing them to us. Everyone greets our guests warmly, especially my father.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Lia. I can't express how grateful we are to you for raising her when we couldn't. Had it not been for you, god knows what could happen to our baby." Dad thanks Tyson and Maria.

"I couldn't just leave her be. I would regret it forever." Tyson stares softly at his daughter, smiling at her adoringly. He really loves her a lot.

"How could anyone leave such a precious girl to suffer? – Maria sighs ruefully – She's gone through enough already." She pulls Lia into her arms, gently stroking her head as she holds her.

Just when Jared and Samantha are about to introduce themselves, the front door bursts open and frantic Anna barges in, scowling furiously at us.

"I finally know what it's all about!! – she yells, glaring at Tyson in pure hatred – What are you doing here?! Trying to turn my family against me? Just like you did with Amelia?!" She screams like a banshee, throwing her arms around frantically.

"Turn her against you?! – Tyson scoffs – You did that perfectly on your own, Anna!"

"Anna? – Maria repeats questioningly – This is the woman that caused my little Lilli so much pain?!" She sneers. We all watch in stunned silence as she storms to my sister and slaps her face. "How dare you call yourself her mother after what you've done!!!"

"Y-You hit me!" Anna gasps in shock, holding her cheek. Then her stare turns mad and she raises her hand to return the hit. Before anyone can react, her arm is grabbed by Lia and twisted behind her back as Lia heaves in anger.

"DON'T YOU DARE RAISE YOUR HAND AT MY MAMA!" She growls furiously, looking murderous. I would be lying if I said her look didn't scare me, cause it does.

"She's not your mama! I am!" Anna screams, struggling against Lia's hold.

"She's more of a mother to me than you'll ever be." Lia snarls.

I catch Samantha carefully walk up to Lia and gently put her hand on my niece's shoulder. "It's okay, honey. I think she understands." She soothes calmly.

"And who the fuck are you?!" Anna yells once Lia releases her.

"Samantha Knight. Lia's mother-in-law." Samantha states coldly, making Lia smirk smugly as she wraps her arms around her. "If you think you can treat my daughter like shit then you're gravely mistaken, Anna." She emphasizes in distaste.

"I can't believe it... - my sister shakes her head, backing away from everyone as she stares at us in disbelief - This little bitch almost breaks my arm and none of you even react!" She turns to Lia furiously. "First you steal my life from me, my freedom, my sons, and then my whole family! I SHOULD'VE NEVER GIVEN BIRTH TO YOU!!!" She screams then storms out of the house, leaving us all flabbergasted.

She really just said that.

She really said she regrets giving birth to her daughter...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
3K 68 32
Steve, a bright college student is harmed beyond imagination due to some bullies. His only mistake was to love a girl and be coward about it. Now tha...
37.5K 3K 32
Sequel novella to You Are the Shell to My Tortoise ----- Nolan and Chelsea go through their first year in college as high school sweethearts, finding...