Open fire

Da white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... Altro

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 24 "On your way"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"

38 1 0
Da white_lies_me

You haven't slept well at all. You kept turning constantly in your sleep, and none of Calum's soothing gestures could get you to have some rest. In the end neither him or you slept well, so naturally in the morning you were very cranky because of it. Usually if you were travelling and you didn't get any sleep you'd be fine in the morning because there was a will that told you to stay strong, not today however.

"What do you think will we do in all of this?" Sarah questions out of the blue. You were currently having breakfast very early in the morning since Han told you to be ready before eight to get as much work done as possible for the day.

"Well, judging by what you've already done. They are for sure going to study your behaviours, then since you guys know Tayla best it will be so much help. While Louis, Niall and I will probably be questioned how did we end up here with you and why haven't we told the rest of the humanity" Liam shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Doesn't sound so hard" Michael slumps his shoulder, toying with fork in his hands.

"Does that mean that they're going to monitor us?" Sierra quirks a brow, seeming a little scared by that.

"Well, not if you don't agree with that I suppose" Niall explains instead of Liam.

"Han will tell us, why bother talking about it now" Luke says, leaning back on his chair.

"You're right, everyone finished?" Crystals sweetly questions, as everyone gives their approves and together you clean it all up, proceeding to the meeting room where Han told you to go.

-

The same people from yesterday were sat in the same seats, ready to get started with their team's said activities. You were all eager it seems to know what you'll be working on today. Finally Han entered the room and took his place, greeting you with a smile.

"Good morning everybody, today's the start of a hard-working goal. My friend Niall will accompany me with the information about Tayla as well as everyone from your teams that involves with IT. Next, I'll need our army section to go inspect all the following locations that we confirmed afterwards-" that was the most important of the information that you heard and then he kept on talking about the smaller details.

"-lastly, if it's okay with our friends, we'd like to inspect you through various tests" Han switches his gaze from the audience of people to you and suddenly your mouth becomes dry. Thankfully Calum is quick to reply.

"What kind of tests?" he questions, obviously still sceptical.

"Body scans, brain scans, vital functions, behavioural tests, nothing scary" some lady from behind Han explains instead of him. So she's a scientist, or a doctor in this case is what Louis told you they're called.

"I promise you won't be missing a single hair" Han reassures, everyone shares glances and agrees on doing them. After all you want to cooperate, it's just the second day though, so you're not quite sure yet on to what extent. Everybody got to their jobs and sadly you had to part from Louis, Liam and Niall, but one thing Calum made Han agree on is for everyone to be in the same room, just so you keep an eye on eachother. Who knows if Tayla has somebody secretly working here.

-

"Please lay down miss" a lady says to you. You were currently at the science room where there were ten people in lab coats and notebooks in their hands as well as lots of bleeping machines and you didn't know what half of them were. Your friends were uneasy to say the least. Liam told you that humans regularly go on check ups and such, but werecats and werewolves don't really have the need to do so. You lied down on the bed as you watched them wrap stuff around your wrists, ankles and some electrodes on various parts of you body. They asked everyone to wear T-shirts and shorts so it is easier to do whatever it is they have to do.

"Don't touch her there" you heard Michael say through gritted teeth. So you looked over to your right to see him glaring at the two doctors who would handle Crystal, if Michael would let them that is.

"I'm sorry he's a little overprotective. Just please be extra careful with her, she's pregnant" Calum apologises to the poor people since it looks like they touched her stomach or something that triggered Michael.

"I'm so sorry sir, we didn't know" a man tells Mike who seemed to comply and lay on his bed too.

"Why do you need all of us?" you heard Luke ask. Some of the doctors were walking through the room, searching for various things, everyone had one with them so Luke's answered the question.

"Even if you are the same species we still have to check between females and males. Maybe there are differences between alphas, betas and normal wolves physically, if yes we're here to discover those" the man said.

"I don't think we are much different" you heard Sarah's voice echo.

"I agree, is all of this really necessary?" Michael says.

"Oh, you're just pissed cause you don't trust them with Crys" Calum addresses.

"Just shut up, all of you!" Crystal ends the conversation then, great. After quite some time the tests were done as well as some scans you had to go through, it was really strange. You were all yet again on the beds, just awaiting for the person to come back with the results. They asked if they could take your blood which you agreed on. They said that since you can't have allergies maybe your blood could help people who have them, or your healing cells will help too, but it will take a lot of time for all of that to be researched.

"Right, everyone done?" the main doctor said. You had learned that his last name was Silva, because they called him Dr Silva during all of this.  The doctors nodded in confirmation and sat down or just watched the results go up on the screen that was in front of your beds.

"Guys you can sit up and watch" he told you and so you did, next on the monitor appeared a brain scan.

"So it's almost identical to ours, but yours has an added section which ours doesn't. I believe that, that section is what you use to communicate telephatically. I've also registered that all of you have the same one except, you miss Willow" he says making direct eye contact with you. You gulped, that probably had something to do with you being a werecat, since your mental abilities were a tad bit higher than a werewolf's ones.

"It's not by much visually, but mentally it could mean so much" he adds, so you just nodded trying to pretend you don't know why it is like that.

"I don't know doctor, could be a coincidence" you said, so all of your friends agreed and he seemed to take that.

"Next we have your body scans which are all pretty similar, all of you are healthy, miss Crystal is as said pregnant with twins-" from the corner of your eye you noticed Michael and Crystal smiling at eachother. They must be so happy and proud, who could've known? You don't know if it's even possible to have children with a werewolf if you're a werecat, not that you ever really discussed it with Calum either. You and him both figured it's a topic for later, but for an alpha to not have kids is almost like a disgrace and often a curse, that's one thing you knew Zaine regretted mostly, never having children.

"-who are progressing just like human babies, which is very interesting. Tell me, can you transform from birth or?" he asked.

"Well, you are able to, but none of the newborns do transform immediately. It's usually around three to four years old, it varies of course. Sometimes it doesn't happen untill they are ready which means it can go on, but past the age of eighteen they'll have to shift" Sarah explained and werecats were just the same. You remember when you had the urge to turn, for sixteen whole years and then it finally happend, what a relief that was.

"Okay, but if miss Crystal shifted now, will the babies shift too or remain as they are?" he questioned further.

"They'll stay as they are" Crystal said, he nodded, narrowing his eyes. And then you heard pencils writing it down behind you.

"Fascinating" he added.

"Now onto your blood tests. Your cells of healing look very unique and are present thoroughly, explaining your very fast recovering, which is why I'm completely puzzled with you injury miss Willow" he again turned to you. Yes, remember that cut Tayla made on your arm, it's still there. Although it's healed up pretty well, it's very obvious it exists.

"We tested how fast a wound heals with a simple cut on mister Luke and it happend in mere seconds, but you still have that one" he adds.

"Well, we have special weapons designed to hurt werewolfs since ancient times and Willow has been cut with one over a month ago" Calum explains. You glanced at him while he just sent a look as if to say 'I got this'. Half of the story was true, the dagger that Tayla used did have an old symbol on it, that's why your arm isn't healed fully yet, it will be, but in a week or so.

"I see-" he then continued on talking about your response signals to danger, noises, smells, everything you knew about already. He mostly spoke about it so the other doctors could write it down for later research. There were more things, less important tho, and finally it was time to return to actual stuff. You can't wait to hear about Niall, Liam and Louis' day, since yours wasn't that interesting, not from your perspective. After you exited doctor Silva asked Michael and Crystal to stay behind to show them the ultrasound of the twins, which was too cute to see both of their reactions once they heard the invite. You left them and went straight to the your room because it was late. You saw the three lads there already enjoying drinks and talking.

"Hey! Oh, why the long faces?" Louis asked, patting the spot on the couch. Everyone gladly took seats and grabbed some drinks from the table as well.

"How can you go to the doctors? I hated it" you admited, sighing. You heard the three of them laugh, receiving glares from the rest of you.

"No, it doesn't take a whole day. You guys didn't have a check up, well you did, but a full one, blood and scanning and who knows what else" Niall laughed.

"Oh shut up Horan. Anyways, what'd you three do?" Sarah asked. They talked about what you'd thought already happend. Answered questions about how they met you and all, didn't give away any information you didn't allow them to give. The army went on all the locations Han and Niall discovered, but unfortunately all of them were abandoned or fake, which you found very unusual, but until you've had your turn with it you don't know the details. In the meantime Michael and Crystal returned and you just talked. Sarah received a message from Han to meet her in the main room for some reason and you didn't wanna be nosy, so you just asked why, but in the message it didn't explain why so she went anyway. You got ready for sleep ten minutes later, same as everybody else, Sarah still wasn't back, but you trusted Han so nothing's wrong about that.

***

You were seconds away from falling asleep when Sarah's voice echoed through your head.

"W-Willow?" you tried not to make any sudden movement and wake up Calum.

"Sarah? Where are you? Are you okay?" you questioned, already assuming the worst.

"I'm in my room, but...can you please come?" you bit your lip, trying to slowly get out of bed and make silent steps out of the room.

"Give me a minute" you told her and went out of the room successfully. You got in her room to see her curled up on the bed, facing you with tears in her eyes. You closed the doors almost inaudible and quickly went over to her.

"Sarah, what is it? Why are you crying?" you whispered and rubbed circles on her back as she slowly sat up.

"I-i...fuck" she said, rubbing her eyes. You searched for a sign, a clue to tell you what's going on, but you had none.

"Use your words, it can't be that bad?" you tried to cheer her up, offering a small smile. She sniffled, inhaling a sharp breath, then focusing her glossy, green eyes on yours.

"Han called and I went to meet him there..." she started and you hummed in acknowledgement.

"Dr Silva was in the main room too and he...he had a paper in his hand, they both looked very serious" she continued.

"Okay and?" you tried to nudge her to the point.

"Willow... I'm... I'm-" just as she was about to say that, the doors opened and in came Luke.

"I saw the door closed and-" he said, but at the same time Sarah told you.

"I'm pregnant" your eyes widened and you're sure Luke's did too.

"What the fuck?!" he basically screamed.

"Luke wait-" you tried to reason him, already standing up to keep him from getting to Sarah, who just had her hand over her mouth, silently crying.

"Get away from me Willow. Sarah who...what... How?!" he yelled, so you pushed him back a little bit and just in time Louis, Niall and Liam entered.

"You!" Luke furiously turned to them. His jaw was clenched, his hands in fists and as he was taller than all of them, especially from Niall and Louis to say he looked intimidating was an understatement. Soon Sierra, Michael, Crystal and Calum came in the room too, looking very tired. However, that changed rather fast.

"What is going on?" Calum growled. Unlike the usual, Luke didn't budge. He got to Liam, Louis and Niall who all looked like scared and lost puppies and Luke's blue eyes were long gone and replaced by brightly glowing, yellow ones.

"I'll tell you what! One of them slept with my sister, who the fuck was it?!" he snarled at the three of them, his canines showing.

"Wait what?" everyone except, you, Sarah and Luke gasped.

"That's enough, back off Luke" Calum stood between them, Luke's and his chest touching. Calum's eyes were crimson red as he was making Luke stand off, and you all know, everyone listens to the alpha.

"I'll kill you I swear" Luke said in a low growl, so Michael pulled him back so that he was in the corner and told him to calm down.

"It's Ashton's!" Sarah cried out suddenly.

"It's Ashton's..." she repeated, putting her head in her hands, tears streaming down.

"Wh-what?" you froze, your words coming out in a low tone. Luke immediately changed his demeanor, and everyone was staring wide-eyed at Sarah. How, when, why did she keep it from you?

"How..." Luke came closer to her, Mike and Cal now allowing him to do so. Everyone slowly came around her and sat on the bed, even the guys, although they kept some distance from Luke.

"Sarah... Why didn't you tell us?" you asked softly, putting an arm on her shoulder.

"Sis, I'm so sorry" Luke said, but she shook her head, finally looking up.

"It happend a few days before he died. He came in my room and we confessed that we liked eachother, fuck...I loved him and I never got to actually accept it!" she cried even more. Everyone was looking at eachother sadly, trying to hopelessly get her to calm down.

"Hey, I'm sure he knows" Niall started.

"He's watching us Sarah, he always will be" Calum added with a small smile. You all kept telling her words of encouragement, and she slowly, but surely got down with it and hugged you all.

"Thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you guys" she whispered. You parted and then she looked down to her stomach.

"You're going to be just like daddy, won't you?" she smiled for the first time in a while and the girls awed while guys stared with wide smiles. Michael hugged Crys, Luke had heart eyes and Calum kept glancing between you and Sarah.

"We should get some sleep" Sarah said with a yawn.

"You're right, we'll talk more in the morning" you said and soon enough everyone left the room, leaving Sarah to rest.

"I'm sorry about all that guys. Especially you, Niall, Liam and Louis" Luke said scratching his neck.

"We understand you mate, but maybe next time don't do it with the canines, those are awfully scary" Louis joked, which made you laugh, but shortly after you went back to sleep. Yet, you couldn't stop smiling at the thought. At least Ashton died knowing someone loved him that way, and a piece of him will forever live on.

***

"Hey baby?" Calum asked all of a sudden. You turned to face him and hummed in response as he watched you with those big, brown eyes in admiration, just like you him.

"Now we know that it's possible" he said and you knew exactly what he was refering to which made you smile wider.

"We do" you added as he brought one of his hands to play with your hair.

"Would you ever want it to happen?" he asked shyly and not looking directly at you, rather the ends of your hair he was untangling with his fingers.

"Trust me Calum, nothing would be better" you answered laying on your back now.

"Really?" you heard the happiness and excitement in his voice even at this hour.

"Of course" you said and his face was now inches from yours as he was staring down at you.

"I love you" he said, bringing his lips to yours.

"I love you too" you said once you parted. The thought of now another member to the pack was good enough, but knowing that one day you'll bring one of your own was the best feeling ever.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

480 26 31
Michael Clifford Fanfic
182K 3.6K 117
Unknown: Although maybe I'll thank him 2 Me: lol why? Unknown: Cos he made me talk 2 u (C) brainoverload 🤓 2018 / added to in 2021 Calum hood fan f...
31K 1.1K 28
Being a nomad fits Tilly's lifestyle, and she is more than happy with the unconventional way she lives. Being disconnected from the world had been on...
26.2K 600 49
When Calum Hood and Amelia Evan's paths cross, little did they now the roller coaster ride they were going to experience. With love, distance, heartb...