🖇) 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬. (akaashi...

By -HIORIYO

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ [secrets.] ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌ Katana Miya, a girl obsessed with volleyball, is forced to move wit... More

·˚✎ ﹏ p. 000
·˚✎ ﹏𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖤𝖱𝖲.
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 001
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 002
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 004
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 005
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 006
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 007
·˚✎ ﹏ c. 008

·˚✎ ﹏ c. 003

105 7 2
By -HIORIYO

▂▂▂▂
┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊
♡ ┊ ┊
⋆。˚ ┊ ♡
┊⋆。˚

⋆。˚

╭┈─────── ྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
╰┈ ❝ a serious conversation!
┊͙
* ❤︎

To say that the incident that had happened about a month ago didn't bother Katana would definitely be an understatement. Of course, it was nothing new to her, getting bullied because of jealous fangirls, but the fact that her captain had told her to practice with the boys team? That had never happened.

Of course she had often opted to practice with the boys team because they gave her more of a challenge, something she greatly craved while playing volleyball, but to be kicked out of practice with her own team? That was essentially equal to getting kicked out of the club.

That was the cause for Katana's unease the past month. It was also the cause for Semi and Tendō's worry when it came to their younger friend, though they didn't know it.

After another intense practice the boys team and Katana finished up, Katana quickly fled from the gym, ignoring Semi and Tendō's calls of confusion as she headed to the locker room, hoping to just get home and take a hot bath.

But, of course, that was too much to ask. Upon entering the locker room, Katana was immediately bombarded with questions coming from her teammates, asking when she would be back to practice with them. They needed her back so they could practice with all their starters again. But honestly, Katana wanted to quit the team, she just wanted to hone her skills with the boys team. Third year was when she could go all out, when the current captain was no longer with the team, having moved up to the high school level.

Sure, she would have to try out again next year, but she had no doubt in her mind that she would make it back on the team. She would, after all, be practicing with the boys team, and occasionally practicing with Tendō and Semi if and whenever they wanted to practice. It wasn't like she would be sitting idly by. She would also help with the boys team during games, sitting on the sidelines and taking notes on the players, their strengths and weaknesses, their plays, everything. She would have more than enough interaction with the game. She just felt like she had put up with her current captains bs long enough to the point where she would fight back, make sure the girl knew that if she were to treat her that way any longer, she wouldn't have one of the strongest players on their team to back them up. It was time she put her foot down and stood up for herself.

She had even talked it over with Aiko and Suzuki and they had agreed with the girl in saying that they would support whatever decision Katana made. Now, all she needed was to tell her coach and the decision would be final. There would be no going back from this one decision.

She also had to talk to Tendō and Semi at some point. She knew they had been worrying about her, they were her closest friends after all. They obviously knew something was up, but they wouldn't have asked Kata about it because they knew better than that. She would come out and tell them when she felt the need. But that could be a day away, or maybe even a week from now, or possibly a whole year from now. With Katana, it was never a certain that they would find out. But that didn't stop them from worrying for their friend.

Shaking her head to free herself of any thoughts not pertaining to her upcoming decision with volleyball, Katana walked up to the coaches office to tell her of her decision, getting pats on the back for good luck from Aiko and Suzuki as she left the space in locker room that the volleyball team occupied. Knocking hesitantly on the door to the coaches office, she let out a deep breath as she waited for the coach to let her in.

"Come in," the coach called, causing Katana to release her breath and hesitantly open the door, telling the coach about her decision to leave the team set on her mind.

┆┆⋆                    ⋆
┆┆
┆┆                                         ⋆
┆┆            ⋆
┆☽                             ⋆
┆      ⋆
✧                       ⋆

Feeling as if a weight had been lifted off her chest, Katana exited the coaches office, calling back a goodbye before exiting the locker room, coming across a pacing Tendō and a confused Semi.

The pair had stopped Aiko and Suzuki when the two had come out of the locker room, questioning the girls on the whereabouts of Kata. Once learning that she was indeed still in the locker room, the pair decided they would stay and wait for Katana. They had to try and get their friend to open up to them. Even if their efforts proved fruitless, they had to try.

Calling out a soft greeting to the setter and middle blocker, Kata stood just outside the girls locker room somewhat awkwardly, shifting from one foot to the other as both Tendō and Semi rushed over to their friend worriedly.

"Kata-chan, we've been so worried, are you okay?" Tendō questioned, gently reaching out to rest a hand on Katana's shoulder.

"N- not really," Katana replied, shaking her head as she felt the tears start to try flow out of her tear ducts. Closing her eyes tightly, she turned her head down to face the ground, hoping to stop the tears. She wouldn't cry, not in school. Not with the possibility of anyone else but Tendō and Semi seeing her cry. "Can we- can we walk home and I'll tell you guys when we- when we get to Tendō's house? I don't want to risk my dad hearing about this because otherwise I'll- I'll probably have to move or- or something."

"Yeah, we can go to Tendō's," Semi replied, gently placing a hand on Katana's back, rubbing circles on her back to calm her down.

Once Katana composed herself, the trio headed for Tendō's house. Semi and Tendō kept exchanging glances over Katana's head while Katana kept her gaze on the ground, trying to best compose her thoughts and how she would tell the two about what had been going on in her life lately.

They had arrived all too soon to Tendō's house, Kata's thoughts still wildly out of order as she followed Tendō into his home with Semi following close behind. Upon entering, Tendō led the pair to his room, shouting a quick greeting to his family before closing the door to his room, watching as Katana took a seat on his bed and Semi taking a seat backwards on his desk chair. Tendō decided to take up residence on his couch, patiently waiting for the fidgeting Katana to start talking.

"We- well," Katana started, nervously fidgeting with her fingers. "It started a while ago, I guess the beginning of middle school? Since I started practicing with you guys and your team. I've always been used to the scornful looks from other girls, that was nothing new as middle school rolled around. But there were a few girls on the team that- that we're jealous of the fact that I practiced so much with you guys. In all honesty, I think they had a crush on someone on your team, probably Ushijima-san, so they started picking on me. It was fine at first, nothing I couldn't handle. And Aiko and Suzuki were also there to help me out, but then second year came and it just got worse. Ishioka Akane became captain of the girls team. She's made my life a living hell. I think she likes Ushijima-san, or maybe either of you. I don't know for sure, but ever since finding out how close I am to you and the boys team, she's been picking on me. Then, about a month ago, it was probably the worst it ever was. Normally she'd just make sharp jabs and comments at me, or purposefully mess up a set or something, but this year it just got a whole lot worse. That's why I enjoy practicing with you guys so much more.

"But then- about a month ago, she said something that really stuck with me. Or rather, that really hurt to hear. She told me to practice just with you guys. And, I don't know. It doesn't seem that hurtful, but what it felt like was that she was kicking me off the team without actually kicking me off the team. So today I just quit. I couldn't handle it anymore. Every time I went into the locker room, Ishioka and her little squad or whatever would glare at me and scoff, but they wouldn't pick on me anymore. I don't entirely know why. I talked it over with Aiko and Suzuki, so the decision I made didn't completely come out of nowhere. I've been practicing with you guys for the past month, you must have been wondering why. What Ishioka had said was part of the reason, but after that day, I had been thinking about quitting the girls team and becoming the boys manager so I can practice more with you guys, and also learn from you in your games and things. Next year I'll go back to the girls team, or hopefully, at least. I'll have to try out again. But if I do get back in, I'll practice more with the girls, just because the only people that picked on me would be gone, so I wouldn't have to worry about them anymore. But yeah, that's what's been going on with me lately, that's why I've been...distant? I guess is a good word for it." Katana finished her longwinded explanation, eyes slowly looking up to glance at Tendō and Semi, only to widen as both of them came barreling towards her and tackled her backwards into a hug.

Both of them could feel tears at the explanation Katana gave, letting a few tears fall from their eyes as they continued to hug their younger friend. How had they not known any of this? Ishioka Akane had always seemed like such a sweet girl. Then again, around Ushijima, Semi and Tendō, along with the other volleyball players, all girls acted nicer than they actually were. But they guessed that was just an act, a charade she put up to get one of them to like her. That would definitely not be happening any time soon, not after what Katana told them.

Both boys continued to hug the younger girl, feeling her shaking under them as tears started falling from Katana's eyes and sobs could be heard, though muffled by Semi's shoulder, from Katana.

"Kata, why- why didn't you tell us about all this sooner?" Semi questioned, gently stroking the top of Katana's head, his voice also starting to crack at the overwhelming sadness he was feeling.

"You know we're here for you, that we'll always be here for you to talk to," Tendō reassured, gently flicking Semi's forehead in annoyance.

"I- I kn- know that, b- but- I th- thought I cou- could handle it o- on my own," Katana replied through her sobs, digging her face deeper into Semi's shoulder for comfort.

"Hey, Katana, you don't have to deal with stuff like that on your own. We're you're friends, we love you. I can't speak for Tendō, but it hurts me to see you like this, hurt and feeling alone. Please, tell us next time, we want to help you," Semi stated, gently rubbing circles on the girls back, her head still dug into Semi's neck.

"I agree with what Semi said, we're you're friends. We're here for you, and it hurts me as well, to see you hurting like this. You aren't alone,  you have Semi and I, we'll always be here for you," Tendō added on to what Semi said. Both friends exchanged a glance over Kata's head, worry clear in both of their eyes.

"Y- yeah, okay," Katana replied, lifting her head from Semi's shoulder, wiping the remaining tears from her eyes. "Can we- want to study now?" Kata questioned, pulling out her homework for the day and getting a start on it, Semi and Tendō following suit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 10.1K 83
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka Akiyama, a regular 2nd year high school...
213K 5.4K 47
"𝗜𝗠 𝗦𝗨𝗖𝗛 𝗔 𝗕𝗨𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗡" [l/n] [f/n] moves to Miyagi and leaves her old life in America. She will be attending Karasuno as a first-year studen...
2.6K 65 6
❝𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪❞ ─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ─── you see, love always works out in the end, right? ________________ 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥: 2/12...
35 0 12
"Do you just wanna be friends or something else?" "Can we be down to earth with it already?" "I guess so..." After a mysterious death of both parents...