Level Zero - Villain!Bakugou...

By A_Poofy_Pomeranian

"How would you describe him?" "A hurricane with a heartbeat and pretty eyes. Trust me, nobody is going to esc... More

WARNING
1 || Meetings and Missions
2 || Hunting Heroes
3 || Fight or Flight
4 || Unexpected Encounters
5 || Agreeable Arguments
6 || Proposed Programmes
A.N. || Nani
7 || Improvised Instructions
8 || Classroom Chaos
9 || Fist Fight
10 || Mournful Memories
11 || Childhood Cruelty
12 || Delusional Discussions
A.N. || Nani?!
13 || Casual Conversations
14 || Observed Outlook
15 || Sincerely Sorry
16 || Troubled Thoughts
17 || Revoked Realisations
18 || Momentary Mishaps
A.N. || NaNi?!
20 || Awful Answers
21 || Concerned Conscience
22 || Possible Plans
23 || Rebellious Rage
24 || Deemed Doom
A.N. || NANI
25 || Dangerously Deranged
26 || Feared Flashbacks
27 || Suspicious Surroundings
28 || True Torment
29 || Hospital Horrors

19 || Cold Confrontations

1K 51 15
By A_Poofy_Pomeranian

Bakugou Katsuki's POV

Zero knew that what he said had an impact on his childhood 'friends,' and a negative one at that. But he found it interesting to see the lengths they'd both gone to, the next level of acting they'd adapted with, to make it seem believable.

Really? After all these years they were actually going to pretend that they cared about him? As if anybody would fall for that; if Zero knew it was a load of rubbish then the others certainly would too. What he couldn't quite get his head around though, was how the two would be benefiting.

Sensei always taught Zero that people only ever did things for their own personal gain, and that nothing came for free. So what could these masks that Deku and Y/N were putting up achieve for them?

Would they be winning people over? No, those two already had everyone's full support. Could it be a result of their own self-pity? Zero knew that while they may be Heroes in training, even they wouldn't stoop that low. Close, perhaps, but not quite.

Was it to make him feel guilty, then? Surely they'd know by now that Zero would never in a million years regret a single thing he did. Every act, every move, every thought was precise and exactly the way he wanted it to be.

Zero was a Villain, and that was just the way he liked it. Besides, he'd never make the mistake of getting himself into a toxic relationship again. He'd promised himself that years ago, and Zero would be damned if he went back on his own word now.

But that meant he could cross out the last option as well. Zero leaned against the white washed wall of an empty hallway with his arms crossed over his chest, scowling at the floor.

This was bugging him far more than it should, but the fact that he couldn't figure out the reason for his acquaintances' reactions was irritating Zero immensely.

With a sigh, he pushed off from the cold cement once more. If Zero wanted this itch to go away, he'd just have to scratch it.

—  —  —

He spied Y/N far quicker than he'd originally thought he would, thanks to them only being a few corridors over to his own. Y/N was wandering alone, head hung low and a mindless look on their blank face.

Zero's brows furrowed further. They were even miming here, by themself in a hall? What an idiot.

Y/N wasn't paying a scrap of attention to where they were going, too lost in their star struck gaze to notice him standing obviously in front of the junction they were about to pass. And that was despite the fact that Zero made less than no attempts to conceal himself.

It would seem that they were still an airhead, not much difference since fifth grade. Stepping forwards smoothly, Zero reached out a uniform clad arm and clamped it around their mouth as he dragged them backwards. Y/N stumbled but managed to keep their footing as their E/C eyes widened, trying to cry out.

Unfortunately for them though, Zero had more practice than Y/N in this kind of business. Their arms flew up to Zero's own in a hurried attempt to pry his hand from their mouth, but Zero held firm. Y/N's attempts made an obvious decrease in effort as they felt the familiar fabric of his school uniform though, identical to their own blazer.

Let them be confused, it didn't matter. Zero wanted a justification, and he'd do whatever he had to in order to get it. Once he'd dragged them well around the corner and out of any passer-by's line of sight, Zero let Y/N go, shoving them forwards roughly.

Y/N didn't loose their balance this time though, instead spinning on their heel to confront their anonymous attacker. Anger emanated from them like a beacon, and Zero could see that they wouldn't hesitate to throw some hands. Wearily, he took a step out of their range as Y/N's fingers curled into fists.

"Who the—" Y/N's voice broke off as they finally saw Zero, face melding into surprise. "Oh. What do you want?"

"I've got some questions." Zero stated bluntly.

"Yeah, guess that makes two of us." They snorted, crossing their arms. "But what makes you think I'm going to answer them?"

Zero clicked his tongue. "They're important."

"Well we don't always get what we want in life now, do we?" Y/N snapped, attempting to walk to one side.

Briskly he stepped in their way, preventing them from leaving. Y/N tried to push past him again, but Zero didn't budge as his eyes narrowed.

"I need answers."

"Not from me you don't." Y/N challenged, trying to step around once more.

"Yes from you, idiot. Why the hell do you think I came here?"

"Because you don't want to talk to Izuku, obviously."

Zero's lip curled. "That nerd wouldn't be able to string together a single fucking sentence."

"You'd be surprised, he's grown up since you left him."

Zero rolled his eyes. "Yeah whatever, I don't really care. I just want you to answer my damn questions so I can get the hell out of here."

"Why would I do that?" Y/N exclaimed.

"Why wouldn't you?" Zero asked, brow raised.

"Maybe because you just dragged me out of the hall like a kidnapper!" They growled.

"Oh, so you would have come with me if I'd asked nicely now huh?" Zero hissed, patience wearing thinner by the second.

Y/N grimaced. "Well, I—Maybe not, but still. You're a 'Villain' now, so helping you would be informing the enemy." They spat.

"I know you want answers from me as well, dumbass!" He snarled, meeting Y/N's heated gaze.

Silence. The both of them knew that it was coming, after all, in a place like this confrontation was inevitable. It's just Zero hadn't expected that it would be him approaching Y/N, and neither of them were really ready to have a decent conversation yet. But he'd still sought them out regardless.

"If," Y/N said, putting heavy emphasis on the word. "I agree, you have to answer my questions too. One answer from me for every question from you."

Zero bristled, despising himself for taking orders from such a moron. "Fine." Since when had he gotten this desperate?

Y/N nodded their head, a satisfied air about them. "You first then."

Zero took a breath, relieved this whole thing wasn't an entire waste of time. He'd start with the smaller questions, see if Y/N was going to answer truthfully or not, and then try to sneak in hints of information here and there.

"Why are you and Deku acting all sad and shit?"

Y/N shrugged. "Maybe our lives are just depressing."

"That's not what I meant—"

"My turn." Y/N interrupted, and Zero scowled at them. "Why did you just leave?"

"Because we got called out of class." Zero smirked as the person in front of him opened their mouth to snap. "My turn." He mocked.

Y/N brewed in their own rage, but didn't push it further.

"Why did you become a Hero?" Zero said, choosing his words carefully. But to no avail, as Y/N found yet another loophole.

"The same reason you became a Villain; because I wanted to."

This conversation was going nowhere, which was exactly how Y/N wanted it. Zero narrowed his eyes, determined not to let the ball roll any deeper into their court. But for now, Y/N would have to learn that they weren't the only one who could play this game.

"Where have you been for the past decade?" They asked.

"Japan." Zero said shortly. "How did you of all people get into U.A.?"

"Because some humans aren't complete assholes," Y/N ground out, "And can respect potential talent."

They drew in a deep breath, finally tiring of their own game. "Eleven years ago this April twentieth, a boy by the name of Bakugou Katsuki ran away from home. Why?"

An eerie quite stretched on, without a single movement or noise to interrupt it.

"Because he was not happy, and wanted to find somewhere that people would take off his chains and let him be who he wanted to." Zero's hands were shoved deep into his pockets as he stared into the distance, not noticing how Y/N's brows creased. Shaking himself from his stupor, Zero focused back on the person in front of him.

"What future do you see in being a Hero?"

Resolve sturdied Y/N's posture as they stood straight. "I see a respectable way to help those who can't help themselves, a way to give hope to people without it, and to provide for the ones in need."

Zero stared at them, looking for a trace of deceit. But no, Y/N seemed genuine. How stupid and naïve did they have to be to admire or even believe in such flimsy, half-assed people?

"Do you really think that being a Hero will do that for you? Do you really believe those lies you've been fed, without having the background knowledge of your own, deceitful society?"

Another hush formed, with Zero glaring directly at Y/N as they doggedly avoided his gaze.

"It's not your turn to ask questions, Kacchan." Y/N said quietly.

"Don't call me that damn name." Zero snapped. If the idiot wanted to ignore the truth and remain ignorant, they were just as bad as the rest of their peers.

"Why do you hate the Heroes so much?"

Zero didn't hesitate to answer.

"Because they live behind façades, building up reputations for themselves that are based on half-truths and secrets. Maybe I wouldn't have to dislike them if there weren't so fucking much to despise." Zero scoffed.

Y/N took the worded abuse silently, keeping their guard up as they stared at Zero blankly.

"Did...Did anybody ever miss me?" Zero asked, crimson eyes noncommittal and reserved.

"That's a stupid question. Of course we—"

Before Y/N had the chance to finish their reply, however, the pair were interrupted and the conversation cut short. Zero didn't particularly care what the disruption was though.

Of course we what? We did? We didn't? Zero growled as his question was again left hanging in the air, but had to settle with once more being denied an answer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

413K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
215K 7.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
417K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...