Bloodstream

By meimyselfforever

I stopped inches away from her. I could feel the heat radiating off her body. I was too close. She kept her e... More

Prologue
01 Gunshot
02 Hex
03 A Story
04 Red
05 Mistake
06 Green
07 Rest
08 He Left?
09 Distraction
10 A Visitor
11 Coming With You
12 Everything
13 The Real Story
14 Ten Minutes
15 No
16 Dream Walking
17 Curiosity
18 Patience
19 Alpha Boy
20 Incendia
21 Drink From The Vein
22 Baby
23 Insatiable
24 A Bad Idea
25 Leave
26 Dissension
27 I Have To Find Her
28 He Knows Something
29 Two Can Play
30 Good Girl
31 Sanctum
32 Letter For Her
33 Bath
35 News From...
36 Space?
37 We Got Shit To Do
38 Into The Woods
39 Tied Down
40 Mind Games
41 He Looks Familiar
42 Witch Hunt
43 Till Midnight
44 Blue
45 Its Unheard Of
46 A Hint
47 Let's Go Home
48 I Missed This
49 Our Best Shot
50 Shaky
51 Are The Boys Behaving Themselves?
52 Why Would I Start A War?
53 Is This It?
54 Let's Get This Over With
55 What Had To Be Done
56 Howl In The Woods
57 Do You Wanna Know?
58 I Have A Bad Feeling
59 Fire and Knives
Epilogue

34 Blood Stained Wall

106 10 3
By meimyselfforever

Sage

"What the hell is happening Ezra?" I walked over to my brother who was standing with a worried look in the middle of the corridor.

"What's all the noise about?" Axel came up behind me.

Ezra looked at us with narrowed eyes. We were both still soaking wet....we just about managed to throw on our clothes and run out. His eyes widened as he was putting it together and glare he shot Axel told he understood enough.

"Okay" he breathed out and looked away awkwardly.

He turned around and began walking so I followed behind. He came to the balcony at the end of the corridor and stood at the door. I couldn't see past him so I moved to the side.

"No" I breathed out as I  felt the ground slip from under my feet and my body froze.

The tower across the city. My house was in flames. The fire was so big it was visible all the way across from the Palace.

"Fuck" I heard Axel whisper beside me. I felt his hand on my shoulder, but it all felt so distant. His touch. His voice... everything.

How the hell did the fire get so big without anyone noticing? All my stuff was there. Everything I own is in that house.

"I have to go" i turned around to rush out but I felt a strong grip on my arm pulling me against a hard chest.

"No you're not" Axel gave me a glare and looked back at the tower now engulfed in smoke and fire.

"Let me go" I growled.

"What are you going to do Sage? It'll take two hours to get there. That'll be too late. It makes no sense" Ezra took a step forward to lean on the railing looking at the destruction ahead.

"That's my home Ezra" I snapped at him.

"Yes I know that Sage. But its too late. Look at it" he grabbed my hand pulling me up to the edge.

I could feel the tears pricking the corner of my eyes. That was my home. My safe house. My Sanctum. And now it was being devoured by the flames.

"How did no one notice earlier?" I turned to Ezra. His eyes still fixed ahead.

"I don't know" he muttered.

"What the fuck do you mean by you don't know?" I yelled.

He shot me a glare. A warning.

"Sage" i felt Axel rub my back, trying to calm me down. It wasn't working.

Something hit me.

"Where's Natty?" I looked up at Ezra and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I knew the rest would follow soon if I didn't hear what I wanted to.

He whipped his head back towards me, wide eyed in realisation, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

I understood.

I felt my knees almost give way. I had to hold onto the railing to keep my balance. The hot tears now streaming down my face, my mind clouded by a possibility I did not want to accept.

Ezra pulled out his phone and dialled. He put the phone to his ears but all we heard was that the number was unreachable.

"Ezra let's go" Axel let go of my waist and pulled Ezra towards the door.

"What? Where?" I furrowed my brows, grabbing his hand to make him stop.

"We're going to find him" he pulled my hand off his and turned to walk away.

"I'm coming with you" I ran after them.

"No you're not" Ezra glanced back at me.

"As if"

"Sage" Axel turned around in his tracks, causing me to crash into him "Stay here incase he comes back. There's no use of all of us going" he cupped my face and left a quick kiss on my lips before turning around and walking away.

The look on Ezra's face said it all. What the fuck? He gave me a questioning and turned around to follow Axel out.

I sat down on the couch feeling almost helpless. The heaviness on my chest rising by the second.

"Where are they going?" I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see Donovan walking towards me.

"To my place to find Nathaniel" I turned back to watch them get into the car and speed off.

"Are you alright?" he stood beside me.

"Do I look alright Donovan?" I snapped back, wiping my tears away.

" Why the fuck would he go back?" he muttered almost as if he were talking to himself.

"I don't know" i yelled.

Why is he asking me stupid questions?

"Don't yell at me Love. You should have gone with them if you were so worried"

I shot him a glare. He shrugged and sat down giving me a smirk.

Well, he wasn't wrong.

******

Axel

"Axel"

"Shut up"

"Are you kidding me right now?"

"No. Shut up. You're annoying me" I gritted my teeth.

"You haven't spoken in half an hour"

I should have just left him at the Palace. I should have brought Donovan or Sage with me.  

"Ezra please stop talking to me. I don't want to hear it" I clenched my teeth.

"Oh my apologies. I'm not as intresting as my sister I suppose" his tone dripping with sarcasm.

I whipped my head in his direction to shoot him a glare.

"Ahaa. At least that made you turn" he gave me a smirk.

"What's going on Axel?" his voice was low and stern, making me give him another glare.

"Nothing"

"That wasn't nothing" he hissed out.

"What?"

"She stomps off after y'all have a fight. You go mad when she disappeared. Now you're driving into flames to find her pet because she started crying" he snapped back in a loud tone.

"You let her drink from you Axel. You know what that means?" he leaned forward enunciating.

"Its doesn't mean a thing" I corrected.

"It does. You know it does and you still let her do it "

"Markings only work with humans Ezra. Sage is a pure blood vampire damnit" I ran my hand through my hair, frustrated and annoyed.

"You idiot. There's a reason blood sharing is called personal and intim..." his voice trailed off before he snapped all of a sudden "Axel stop the car."

"What? Why?"

"Shhh. Stop"

I stopped the car and listened. I could hear cries and.... fighting in the distance.

I looked at Ezra and he nodded, reaching for the door. We got out without making a sound rushing in the direction it was coming from.

We stopped at a little clearing where the moon shone through somewhat brighter, trying to look around.

A familiar smell filled our nostrils. We knew what it was.

Wolves.

We heard another loud snap and a  thud. Ezra and I looked at eachother and without a second thought sped in that direction.

"Nathaniel" I stopped at the sight before me. He dropped the heart he was holding in his hand and turned to us when someone came at him. Ezra was quick to pull that person off him, ripping his head off his shoulders.

"There's too many of them" Nathaniel breathed out, looking around, scanning the surroundings.

There were a few vampires and wolves lying around, injured, dead. The rest of the vampires were standing around, waiting for someone to come at them.

We heard the rustling of the leaves... footsteps. There was way too much movement going on in the shadows. There were a decent number of them. Maybe Ezra and I could take them, but the others wouldn't survive a werewolf bite. I walked over to Nathaniel, standing infront of him. For some reason Sage cares about this little pest, I couldn't let anything happen to him.

The sound of movement quietened down only to be replaced by stomping and howling. They were trying to intimidate us.

Fucking savages.

"Whatever the hell you people, its not going to work" Ezra shouted.

"My apologies your majesty" a tall man rushed out of the dark at Ezra.

Before any of us could react to that  I felt myself being pushed back. I instinctively went for the person's heart, pulling it out. I heard a neck crack and glanced over at Nathaniel who had just dropped a body to the floor.

Ezra was already drenched in blood. He was fighting off two men. I stayed close to Nathaniel. I knew Ezra could take care of himself.

"How many of them are there?" I dropped another body.

"I don't know" Nathaniel breathed out, looking around again. I could see the fear in his eyes.

I managed to rip a few more of them apart when a tall man came at me. His eyes were dripping with disgust. Fangs flashing at me, claws out, not giving me a chance to react before grabbing me and tossing me to the side.

This was a strong one. He had to be an older werewolf.

"Ah shit" I groaned, picking myself up.

Another wolf came at me but I managed to put him down. But the other man came back, grabbing my hand, snapping my shoulder from behind.

I winced in pain and looked over his shoulder at Ezra. He was down on the ground in pain fighting off another huge werewolf.

He had me by the throat, bit I was quick to shove my hand through his chest. But he gripped my wrist, not allowing me to pull my hand out. I felt another grip on my throat from behind me, suffocating me.

I looked over at Nathaniel. He was fighting off some werewolves along with the others.

"Axel Cassius" the man hissed out through his blood stained teeth.

"Some random werewolf" I gave him a grin, knowing it would piss him off.

Before he could do anything his head flew off his shoulders to the side and his body fell limp against me, drenching me in his stinking blood.

I pushed the body off me to see Donovan glaring at me.

"Don't fucking talk. Kill" he hissed out giving me a hand pulling the other werewolf off me as well.

"I thought you'd show up" I heard Nathaniel's smug voice and immediately turned in his direction to see Sage standing with someone's heart in her hand.

She turned around to pull another wolf off one off someone else, my body moved on its own towards her. Pushing away alone of the werewolves that was coming at her.

I glanced over at Donovan. He was having the time of his life tearing everyone to shreds. And so was Ezra. Gotta admit, it was easier with four pure bloods fighting.

Within less than a minute of us fighting them we heard a loud howl. The wolves just turned and started running away. The werewolves in the forest sped away in sheer seconds... leaving us with a pile of dead bodies all around us.

"What the fuck was that?" Nathaniel looked at Donovan who was standing beside him.

Donovan just shook his head in surprise.

"It was a diversion" Sage was standing still looking in the direction of where the howl came from.

"What?" Ezra took a step towards her, settling himself.

She looked at Nathaniel with a knowing look. His eyes widened in response and he shook his head almost in denial.

"We gotta get to the tower" she sped back to the car. I followed.

"Sage. Wait" I hopped in beside her.

"I should have gone there first" she turned the keys and sped off in the direction of her house.

I turned back to see Ezra, Donovan and Nathaniel hop into the other car and follow us.

"What do you mean?"

"Stefan, Axel" she snapped keeping her eyes on the road as she sped through the dark streets.

"What about him?" i put my hand on the dashboard to make sure I don't go flying out the window if she crashes.

"I'm not sure but they might have come to break him out"

Shit. That's why the wolves ran away when they heard that howl. It was a signal.

"He was in the tower" I muttered to myself.

"Not exactly. He was underground"

Her phone rang. She pulled it out and put it on speaker.

"Take a left at the next turn. I'll go right" Nathaniel's worried voice came through.

"Okay" she muttered and did as told.

"We're not going to the Tower?" I furrowed my brows at her.

"Not exactly" she glanced at me quickly before focusing on the road again. I looked in the rear view mirror to see Nathaniel speed off to the right.

"He was in this underground cellar" she began slowing the car down a little as the road got rougher. "There are two more entrances through the forest. But its spelled shut so only Natty and I can enter. Maybe Ezra also. I'm not sure"

"I thought his pack submitted to Xander" i looked ahead trying to see where we're going.

"Yes but there are other packs trying to take Xander down. They could use every enemy they can find"

She stopped the car at a little distance from what looked like a cave.

"What is that?"

"That's the entrance" she hopped off and shut the door behind her.

"That fire looked like it consumed everything in its path Sage. I don't think its a good.."

I crashed into something invisible. I couldn't go past the gate.

She turned around to look at me with a serious expression.

"Sage" I slammed my fist against the invisible wall before me.

"Axel nothing is going to happen to me" she gave me an assuring look.

"I don't care. You're not going in there alone. There could be more werewolves inside" I put my hand against the damn wall as if I was trying to push it away.

"Then I'll kill them" she raised an eyebrow at me and turned around, disappearing into the dark.

"Sage. Damnit" I slammed my fist against the magic wall.

I pulled out my phone and dialled Donovan.

"Axel" his worried voice came through from the other side.

"Where is Nathaniel?"

"He's disappeared behind some door and we can't get through."

She said maybe Ezra could get through.

"Even Ezra?"

"No I can't go through" Ezra shouted in from a distance.

"Where is Sage?"

"Same thing."

"Shit"

"Now what?" Ezra's annoyed voice sounded off in the distance.

"Now we wait. What else can we do?" Donovan snapped back at him.

"Ahh genius Donovan. Why didn't I fucking think of.."

I hung up. I was too worried to hear those idiots bickering.

I dialled Sage.

Not reachable.

Fuck.

I paced back and forth. It had barely been a minute or so and I was already freaking out. I went to the car and leaned against it, tapping my feet impatiently when I heard footsteps from inside.

I walked over to the door and saw her walking out with a defeated look on that pretty little face of hers.

"He wasn't there" i spoke before she could. She didn't have to say anything, the look on her face said enough.

"I found this" she pulled out her phone and handed it to me.

I took it from her. It was picture. A writting on the walls in blood.

Annihilate the Pure Bloods

"What the fuck is this?" I looked up at her as I felt this bad feeling crawl through me. 

"There had to be a witch involved. The chains were burnt off" she pressed her hand against her her head.

"We need to find those wolves" I handed her back her phone and put my hands on my hips, trying to ease the worry in me.

"Natty's on call with Xander right now. Let's see if he knows anything. But if he did he would have probably told me something" she looked up at me hopefully.

"Why would he tell you Sage?"

"Xander's an ally" she snapped.

"Yes I know" I grabbed her hand pulling her closer "But if he knew there was someone threatening his reign then he should have been more cautious, right?" I leaned down a little to look into her eyes.

"We can't trust anyone" she whispered to herself.

"Let's go. We'll meet the rest of them at the Palace"

I called Donovan and told him to meet us back at the Palace.

"Axel"

"Hmm" i rested my hand on her knee. It seemed to calm her down a little.

"If all the pure bloods are being threatened....you know what that means, right?" her voice was a little too hesitant for my liking. Maybe I was too caught up with what just happened to wrap my head around what she just said.

"What do you mean?" I glanced at her. Her eyes held nothing but certainty.

"You might have been wrong about Pheonix Hunter being behind all this"

***********

Wow!
Alot happened in this chapter huh..
Do you think Xander knew about the wolves?
What does blood sharing between Vampires means?
Was there a witch involved in Stefan's heist? Is it someone you suspect?
Also, do you think Sage is right about Pheonix? How do you think Axel's going to take this one?

Too many questions?
They shall all be answered soon enough. Patience, Vamps.

Make sure you hit that little star before heading out to show your support.

Love you guys.

See y'all soon *virtual hugs to all my babies*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 18.9K 25
[COMPLETED]āœ” The Blood Magic Series |Book 7| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. āƒāƒāƒā–āƒāƒāƒ ą¼ŗą¼’ą¼» "Why are you touching me?" Isis flicked my hand...
294K 6.6K 41
"Don't you get it? You know when you try to run away, punishment like this happens." he said teasingly, squeezing my chest. I gasped for air, I reall...
726 82 28
A sacred union sealed by the mating of a true born hybrid and the calmest among nature....,. It's a bloody relationship.... " You wanna know how work...
269 0 26
I inhaled her scent, making sure she wasn't on anything that I wouldn't want in my system, letting the sweet scent of her blood call to my hidden fan...