The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 59

3.9K 159 16
By Grimmy27

Lia

I sit between my Cakey's legs on the edge of the bed as he carefully stitches my back. I taught him how to suture wounds about a year ago, when he said that since he's a fighter's man, he needs to know how to take care of me.

Isn't my Cakey just the sweetest?

"What happened, baby? But for real? I know you didn't get in a fight just because some asshole bothered the girls." Blake implores and I sigh quietly. Of course he'd notice.

"You know me so well." I turn my head to give him a kiss over my shoulder. "That Scott shithead said some things... He tried to blackmail Olivia to have sex with him by using Harry's job as leverage... Then he implied that he wants us to 'have some fun' with him and his friends." I put the quotation marks with my fingers.

"Son of a bitch. – Blake grumbles – But what if he can really get Harry fired? Won't it be a problem?"

"I don't think so. Harry's an accountant with years of experience in the field. Even if he got fired because of that stupid shithead, I can try to help him find another job. My dad's been looking for someone for the position of a head accountant at his company." I grin smugly over my shoulder, getting an amused hum from my Cakey.

"Hmm, clever little kitten." He kisses my cheek then goes back to working on my back.

"Enough about me... What happened with Anna? She was quite pissed..." I inquire curiously, getting a quiet sigh in response as Blake puts the med kit away, already done with my stitches.

"I told them about your past and Ryan showed them the picture of your back... Alan got furious and ripped Anna a new asshole. He threatened to disown her unless she agrees to stay away from you." Cakey explains shortly and I turn around to see if he's serious, but all I can see is honesty in his eyes. He's not joking.

"For real? He took my side?"

"Of course he did. Anyone with a brain would do that after hearing what they did." He deadpans, putting his arms around me as he leans his chin on my shoulder. "I have a bad feeling about Anna, though... She still doesn't seem to realize what she's done and I have a hunch she'll cause trouble." Blake squeezes me in his arms. I can tell he's distressed, so I get out of his tight hold, getting a accusatory glare from him which turns into a smirk when I straddle him and snuggle into his chest.

"You do realize you're half-naked, right?" My man whispers huskily and starts nibbling on my ear, knowing it's my weak spot.

"Blake, come on, the whole family's downstairs!" I whine, squirming in his lap as he traces his lips all over my neck. My sweet Cakey only groans in annoyance and drops his head on my shoulder.

"Damn it. We should've stayed in the hotel." I can't help but giggle at the defeated tone of his voice. My poor Cakey.

"Don't you worry, babe. Once we're back home we'll make up for all the lost opportunities." I promise, scratching his abs under the shirt teasingly.

"You won't be able to walk for days, kitten, I promise you that." Blake growls lowly, Uh-oh, I know that look.

"Don't forget we're meeting the guys after New Year. I think I will need my ability to walk..."

"Hm... No, you won't." He smirks smugly and I raise my brow at him questioningly. He only grins cheekily, as if he knows something I don't. Suspicious.

I decide to let it slide this time, since I know Cakey wouldn't do anything to hurt me in any way.

"I'm telling you, it's a bad idea to disturb them." Blake and I turn to the door at the sound of Silas's voice outside before someone knocks.

"Guys, you decent?" Ryder asks.

"Just a moment!" Blake calls out and sets me on the bed before going to the dresser and taking out a shirt for me. He helps me put it on so I don't strain my shoulder or rip my stitches again then goes to open the door, only to be met with Silas and Ryder standing in the hallway. "What is it?"

"The girls want some alone time with Lia, so we're taking you with us." Ryder grins, getting a confused look from me and my man. "Don't worry, cuz, we won't do anything to him." Ryder adds when he sees my suspicious stare.

"You better not. – I warn, making all three of them chuckle – I'll beat your asses if you harass my man." Blake laughs heartily at my threat, knowing well how serious I am about protecting him.

"I can hold my own, babe. Don't worry." He assures, giving me a quick kiss before going with the guys. I continue to glare at my cousins warningly, but all I get are cheeky grins from them as they lead my Cakey downstairs.

"Hey." I turn at the sound of Olivia's voice behind me. She and Lilith are standing by the wall, smiling shyly at me. "Can we join you?" Olivia inquires nervously, fumbling with the bag she's carrying. What's the bag for?

"Sure, come on in. – I invite them – You feeling better? You got quite a scare earlier..." I question, plopping down on the loveseat by the window while girls sit down on the bed.

"Yeah, I guess. – Olivia shrugs – But thanks to you we're fine and dad assured that he'll deal with Scott so he won't cause trouble again."

"Thank you. You know, for saving us from those guys... - Lilith murmurs quietly - Those guys are bad news and if it weren't for you being with us, I don't know what would happen..." I can tell she's still shaken up by the whole incident, as her hands keep shaking slightly.

"Do they bother you a lot?" I ask worriedly. I hate guys like Scott. Entitled and spoiled.

"Sometimes... - Olivia sighs with a frown - But only when I'm alone. He knows better than to bother me when the guys are around. Chris, Ryder and Emmett go to the same school as me, so they keep an eye on me." She says quietly, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"And outside of school?" I pry gently.

"It depends. When Scott is alone, he just calls me names, like 'frigid Lizie' and stuff, and makes fun of me for being a virgin, but when he's with his buddies, it's much worse. That's why I never leave the house alone and I always take Apollo with me."

"Apollo?"

"Our German Shepherd. He was trained for a guard dog. Dad got him for us after Scott and Liv broke up last year." Lilith clarifies. This Scott asshole is worse than I thought if the girls had to get a fucking guard dog for protection.

"Why does Scott keep bothering you if you broke up a year ago?" I implore. I have an unsettling feeling about this.

"I guess he still feels humiliated that I didn't sleep with him. I heard him brag to his friends about it, but when I didn't put out, his buddies started mocking him for not being able to get a girl in bed and whatnot... Scott is trying really hard to be popular and he often lies about things just to 'be cool'." Olivia explains, using air quotes.

"Oh boy. – I drag my hand over my face frustratedly – So he's just butthurt. Unbelievable." I shake my head incredulously. That guy's ridiculous, I swear to god.

"Yeah, pathetic, I know, but what can I do?" Olivia chuckles. "But we didn't come to talk about Scott and his bruised ego. We have an idea and we need your help." Now I'm intrigued.

"What idea?"

"We want to have a girls' time at the guys' den. But they never let us go there, so we need you to help us convince them." Lilith grins mischievously, pointing at the bags she and Olivia brought.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I implore curiously.

"We have something. – Olivia giggles, pulling out something fleecy out of the bag – Grandpa Alan got those for us for Christmas." She shows me a fuzzy grey pajamas. It's a cute oversized cat Kigurumi, with a long tail and a hood with cat ears. I stare at it in a mix of shock and amusement. My grandpa got me a fleecy cat onesie for Christmas? Really?

"It's cute." I chuckle.

"Right?! – Lilith laughs – It's so adorable! You're a cat, I'm a panda and Liv is a polar bear!" She gushes, making me laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Our plan is to put those on, raid the den and make the guys let us have it for the afternoon. We can't really spend the evening there, cause we're going home later, but we can still stay there until dinner. We already got snacks and drinks ready, but if the guys don't give up the den... You know what I mean, right?" Olivia gives me a hopeful look, pouting cutely.

"Okay, okay. Let's do it." I grin, making the girls squeal excitedly.

We all change into our costumes and thick fuzzy socks to finish the looks then happily skip downstairs to the 'den' the guys have built in the basement. The only downside of the girls' plan is that in order to get to the basement, we have to pass by the living room, where all the adults are sitting.

"Aww..." A collective coo resounds through the room the moment we enter it, as everyone stares at us in adoration. "You girls are so cute!" Carla croons.

"Thank you!" Lilith giggles, linking her arm with mine as she snuggles into me.

"What are you up to?" Ethan asks suspiciously, clearly noticing my calculating look.

"We're raiding the den." Olivia states proudly, snuggling into me from the other side. They lead me to the kitchen, where they gather the food they got and put it in a big bag, before we head to the basement. I don't miss how the adults coo over our appearance once again, but I'm not at all ashamed of what I'm wearing. I look fabulous!

Blake

While Nolan plays against Chris on the Xbox, the rest of us lounge on the couches, cheering the guys on or simply drinking beer. When Silas and Ryder brought me to the basement, I was genuinely surprised at what I saw. The room we're in is just like the home theatre Lia and I got at our house. Only bigger and with more stuff in here. Instead of beanbags, like my girl and I have, there are comfy couches set in a letter U, facing a huge TV screen connected to a console and a DVD player . There's also a minibar in here and a fridge with drinks and liquor.

"WOW!" Ryder exclaims suddenly in shock, making us all turn around.

And my jaw drops.

Right in the doorway, there's my kitten and her two cousins, wearing adorable oversized onesies. Lia is dressed as a cat and it takes all my willpower to not coo at her cuteness. My cutie.

"That's a sight I never thought I'd see. - Ryan chuckles in amusement – Aren't you just the cutest little ones... But what are you doing here? I thought you said you wanted to have a girls' night?"

"We do. And that's why we're here. – Olivia grins – We want the den." She states commandingly, but due to her adorable costume, she doesn't appear even a bit intimidating.

"Is that so?" Aiden teases with a smirk.

"That's exactly so, brother. – Lia bats her lashes sweetly at us before grinning evilly – It's time the girls have some say in things too, don't you think?" Uh-oh, I know this look.

The girls exchange a look before my kitten comes up to the couch slowly, smirking sinisterly at us as she stands behind Ryan. I guess she realized that he's 'the leader' of the group and what he says, goes.

"What are you doing?" Ryan chuckles as Lia wraps her arms around him from behind. I barely stop myself from laughing when I realize what she's about to do. She used this move on Tank when she wanted to go shopping with Killer's woman and Maggie.

Her most effective method of persuasion.

Chokehold.

"My dear sweet cousin... - Lia croons - We... would very much like to have the den for ourselves tonight. Why don't you boys go out and play some soccer or whatever it is you guys like to do, hmm?" She smiles sweetly, batting her lashes at her cousin.

Ryan only laughs, shaking his head. "Don't think your cuteness can sway me, little cousin. The den is ours and we're not going to give it up." He smirks smugly, getting only a dark chuckle from my girl. Oh boy, here she goes.

"Is that so?" She taunts, tightening her arms around Ryan's neck, making him cough as he tries to pry her arms off him. But my girl's relentless, squeezing him tightly with an innocent smile on her face. For some reason, no one intervenes or tries to stop m kitten. Everyone just watches in amusement as my girl plays with her cousin.

"Lia! – he sputters – Come on, let's just talk. There's no need for this." He coughs, tapping out.

I stare amused as Lia strangles Ryan with a sweet smile. "Hmm? Hmm? Ready to give up?" She teases.

"Okay, fine! – he gives in – The den's yours!" He exclaims, getting a peck on the cheek from Lia before she releases him.

"Thank you, Ry."

"Ryan! What the hell?" Gavin exclaims in shock, staring at his cousin dumbfounded.

"Hey, you try getting choked by her. She's like a fucking boa constrictor!" Ryan defends himself, rubbing his neck pointedly before wrapping Lia's arms back around his shoulders. "You're quite strong despite having such thin arms, little one." He praises with a smile.

"I'm not little." Lia grumbles, circling her arms around Ryan's neck again.

"Okay, okay, sorry. You're not little." He quickly apologizes, getting a smug grin from my girl as she pats his head like a dog, making everyone laugh loudly.

"Good boy. Now get out." Lia smiles sweetly, petting Ryan's head teasingly.

The sight is beyond ridiculous. A tiny slip of a girl, dressed in a fleecy cat onesie, petting 30-year-old guy's head. It doesn't help that Ryan is a huge fucker, being around 6'5" and buff like a bodybuilder.

Once my kitten decides that she's done playing with her cousin, she comes to sit on the couch, but I pull her by her tail to sit in my lap, cradling her to me lovingly. "Have fun, babe. – I give her a quick kiss – I'll see you at dinner, yeah?"

"Sure. – she smiles – Don't let them bully you, okay?"

"You know I won't." I smirk, kissing her again before setting her beside me and walking out of the room, leaving the girls alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 151 48
When Cassie Evans starts high school and meets Blaze, a kid who seems to have a secret grudge against her family, her entire world is thrown upside d...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
22 0 7
Blake, one of the coldest investor's in NYC, is all set to be in her dad's footsteps in taking care of his business. Misa, a college student who have...
96 0 14
Two Bestriends torn apart at the start of their sophomore year. Fighting back feelings, facing their own outer problems and inner demons. Will they m...