The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 55

4K 157 27
By Grimmy27

Lia

The whole way to Atlanta is more than nerve-wracking. I really don't know what my family will be like. I don't know what Anna told them about me, but from Aiden told me over the phone, she didn't really paint a pretty picture. She told them about my fighting, my dad and even about my relation to the bikers. She made sure to make me seem like a fucking criminal, even though she's the one that betrayed me when Patrick caught me.

If she thinks she can mess up my life, she's fucking mistaken.

I'm ready to face anyone who gets in my way. I'm not a weak little girl that's afraid of confrontation. There are people who support me and are loyal to me, so I'm not a bit concerned about my family not accepting me. I don't need their approval.

All I need is to have Blake and my real family. I don't care about anyone else.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. "Hey, baby. Why are you awake?" Blake groans beside me, throwing his arm over me as he pulls me into his side.

"I couldn't sleep. I'm still thinking about meeting them all..."

"Don't worry too much, kitten. – my man kisses my head lovingly – No matter what happens, I'm here with you. One word and we're going back to Walford."

"I know." I snuggle into Blake, putting my arms around him under his shirt, loving the feel of his smooth warm skin under my hands. He's always so fucking warm it's unbelievable.

"Try to take a nap, baby. We still have two more hours to go..." He murmurs into my ear quietly, rubbing my back and waist comfortingly.

"Just a short one, I don't want to look like a mess when we meet everyone." I mumble into his shoulder, letting his scent lull me to sleep.

I wake up to Blake's quiet murmuring as he kisses my face. "Come on, baby, open those eyes for me."

"What time is it?" I groan tiredly.

"We're landing soon." I sigh at this. Guess I'm going to look like crap after all.

"Why the fuck did I agree to this thing?" I bemoan, burying my face in Blake's shoulder.

"Because you have a big heart." He teases, getting a glare from me.

"Not funny." I grumble.

I stay barely awake during the landing, too tired to even speak. I have too much on my mind. Apparently, there will be the whole family at my grandparents' house. And by whole, I mean whole. Aiden said all the uncles, aunts and cousins are going to be there, from both sides of the family. That's a lot of people.

And I have no idea what they're like.

As soon as Blake and I enter the waiting area, we're met by a grinning Aiden holding a huge sign with 'CAKEY & KITTEN' on it. Cheeky asshole.

"You just had to embarrass me publicly, didn't you?" I chuckle as he greets me with a bear hug.

"Adrian made me do it." Aiden rushes out.

"Blaming your younger brother? Wow..." I tease, getting a cheeky grin in response.

"It's true." He shrugs.

After my brother greets Blake, we all head to Aiden's car outside then let him take us to grandpa Joe's house. Said Joe is none other than Anna's late husband's father, which means I'm not even related to him. So why did he want to meet me?

Blake keeps my hand tightly squeezed in his and just draws circles on the back of it comfortingly as we near the huge white mansion. My nerves are spiking as Aiden parks the car in front of the building. I catch sight of over ten cars in the driveway. Holy shit, how many people are there?!

"Alright, sis. – Aiden sighs – I know you didn't expect this, but we didn't either. Just remember that we're here for you." He assures, glancing at me through the rear-view mirror.

I take a deep calming breath and get out of the car, instantly grabbing onto Blake's hand as we walk to the front door. Before Aiden can even open it, it's swung open by a middle-aged woman with a cheerfully grin on her face. "Amelia! Oh god, it's so nice to meet you!" She gushes, engulfing me in a tight hug before I can even react. I barely stop myself from wincing at the pain in my back as she squeezes me.

"Hi..." I respond, beyond stunned by the sudden gesture.

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to attack you. I'm Carla, but you can call me auntie." The woman winks at me then turns to Blake, who seems as shocked as me. "And who's this handsome fella? Wait, don't tell me. You can introduce him to everyone inside. Come on, come on, we've been waiting for you." She rambles before taking my hand and pulling me inside. I only manage to throw my man a panicked glance as I'm forcibly dragged by 'Carla'.

"Everyone, Amelia's here!" Carla announces as she leads me to a big living room, where I'm met by over twenty people. Holy shit!

There are two older men and an elderly woman sitting on a chesterfield by the fireplace, just staring at me silently with tears streaming down their faces. On their right, on a big L-shaped leather couch there's a group of people, who I'm assuming are the uncles and aunts, along with Anna. And by the window there's a bunch of younger people, casually sitting on the floor or standing around a small couch where my brothers are sat.

They all stare at me in silence, just taking me in. The first ones to move are Ashton and Adrian. They pull me in tight bear hugs, whispering comforting words into my ear when they notice how tense I am.

"It's okay, Lia. You're okay." Adrian murmurs quietly, patting my back. "Hey, Blake. It's great to see you!" He greets my fiancé with one of those strange bro-hugs that guys always do.

My brothers' informality snaps everyone out of their stupor as they call out greetings. "Oh my sweet baby, you're finally here!" Anna rushes to me and attempts to put her arms around me but I recoil from her touch.

"Don't even try." I warn.

"Amelia, please."

"No! – I step away from her then turn to everyone present in the room – Let me make myself perfectly clear right here, right now. I'm not Amelia anymore. My name is Lia Clarke and I don't want to hear anyone call me anything but that." I feel Blake squeeze my hand gently as I address my 'family'.

"I'm guessing the man beside you is your boyfriend?" One of the 'aunts' questions curiously.

"No. He's not my boyfriend. – I tell her seriously, getting a frown in response – He's my fiancé. We're engaged." I state. Blake swiftly pulls me into his side and puts his arm around my waist, keeping me snug against his body.

"You're engaged? Already?" One of the younger guys exclaims in shock. "Damn, cuz!" He laughs.

"Shut it Ryder. Let her be." Another guy slaps him upside the head, getting an offended 'hey' in response.

"Darling... - I turn when I hear the older woman's trembling voice - Can you come here? I'd like to see you better..." I throw a furtive glance at my Cakey, getting a short reassuring nod from him.

Blake

Everyone stays quiet as Lia walks over to her grandparents, just watching them with a mix of anticipation and sadness. I catch a few of them silently crying as my girl reunites with her grandma.

"Oh, my poor child." The woman grasps Lia's hands and pulls her down a bit. My girl gets down on her knee to make it easier for her grandma to reach her face. She gently cups Lia's cheeks and strokes them with her thumbs, crying silently as she gazes at her grandchild. "You have grown so big... And we weren't there for you. You've gone through so much pain all by yourself... I'm so sorry my child. I'm so sorry we couldn't be there for you." She sobs, caressing Lia's face.

One of the older men gets up from the chesterfield, using a cane to support himself as he stands beside my girl. "Amelia, sorry, Lia, will you do me the pleasure and let me hug you?" He croaks, not even bothering to wipe off his tears. Lia gently takes her grandma's hands off her face and stands up, letting her grandfather pull her into his arms as he cries into her hair, stroking her back lovingly. "My sweet child. My poor sweet child. – he rocks them lightly – I'm so proud of you. You've become so strong and beautiful... Will you give us a chance? We don't have a lot of time left and we'd love it if we could be a part of your life..." He pulls away slightly and strokes Lia's cheek gently. Damn, he doesn't beat around the bush, does he?

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to give you a chance..." Lia smiles warmly at her grandfather.

"I know that Tatiana and I are not related to you by blood, but we'd still love it if you saw us as your family. You're our precious grandchild, no matter what." The man presses a kiss to Lia's forehead, getting another smile from my girl. I knew they'd love her.

The last person to greet Lia is her maternal grandfather. He kept crying all this time and I'm seriously thinking he's going to dehydrate if he sheds any more tears.

"My baby girl! – he cries out as he engulfs Lia in a tight hug before taking her face in his big hands, smiling at her adoringly – You look so much like your grandma when she was your age. You're so beautiful, baby girl. You grew up so well. It breaks my heart to know you had to do that on your own... We should've been there for you."

I glance curiously at the rest of the family as they're watching the touching scene in front of them and I'm not surprised to see most of them smiling. The only one that doesn't look happy is Anna. Fucking bitch.

"Dad, you know that there was nothing we could do. – Anna huffs, rolling her eyes – And it's not like Amelia is leaving already, so stop overreacting." She grumbles, making me scowl at her.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask her, slightly peeved at her attitude. I don't miss how everyone turns to me in shock, as if they forgot I'm even here.

"It's only right that Amelia stays here, with her family." Anna comments spitefully, getting a glare from both me and Lia.

"It's Lia, and no, we're not staying here for good." I state sternly.

"I never said anything about you. – Anna scoffs – And Amelia's place is with us, here." She folds her arms over her chest indignantly, sneering at me.

"If you think you have any right to speak to my fiancé that way then think again, Anna. – Lia snarls, clenching her fists as she glares at her mother – I won't let you speak to him like that and you're in no place to make decisions for me. In case you've forgotten, I'm eighteen. Even if you wanted, you have no right to dictate my life." I smirk smugly at the dumbfounded expression on Anna's face as Lia unleashes her fury on her.

"Wow, she's fierce!" I catch one of the young guys by the window exclaim quietly. It seems that no one here expected my girl to blow up on her mother. But Anna deserves it. She can't just pretend like she didn't betray my girl after selling her out to her tormentor.

"Amelia!" Anna shoots up from her seat, glaring at Lia with pure fury.

"I fucking told you to not call me that! I may have decided to give these people a chance, but that doesn't include you! – Lia stares at Anna in pure contempt – Have you told them what you've done? Or did you just conveniently leave that out?!" My girl shouts, getting a nervous look from Anna as she glances unsurely at everyone around.

"I think we all know the answer to that, babe. – I chuckle darkly – Of course she didn't tell them."

"Kids, leave us alone will you? – Lia's grandfather instructs sternly – Annalise, what is going on?" He turns to his daughter as soon as the youngsters and Lia's brothers are out of the room.

"Nothing. I did what I had to." Anna shrugs casually and I'm barely stopping myself from charging at her and slapping her in the face.

"NOTHING?! YOU FUCKING BITCH, YOU SOLD HER OUT TO THE GUY WHO BEAT HER HALF TO DEATH! YOU CALL THAT NOTHING?!" I yell at the audacious woman, struggling against Aiden as he holds me back.

"What?" One of Lia's uncles frowns in shock, gaping at Lia in astonishment. "What do you mean beaten?"

Lia only scoffs. "She told the guy that raped me as a child and his associate where to find me. Then stayed quiet while I was being beaten and whipped. You don't get to play the victim, Anna." She sneers.

"Annalise, is that true?" Tatiana, Lia's grandma gasps.

"The guy was a cop! He was going to arrest me for your son's crimes!" The bitch tries to defend herself.

"What crimes? Harold is dead, so why would you be held accountable for what he did? – one of Lia's uncles scoffs – None of his businesses had any connection to you. He even got you off his will after he found out you're having a kid with another man. Alan, did you know about this?" He turns to Lia's maternal grandfather. Wow, this just became very interesting.

"You betrayed your own child, Anna. – Alan shakes his head - How would you feel if Susan or I did that to you?"

Anna seems to understand that she's losing the battle and bursts into tears. "I'm so sorry! Amelia, I'm so sorry!" She wails, trying to pull my girl into her arms, but Lia only backs away from her. "Amelia, please forgive me!"

"You can't possibly think that one fake apology will fix everything. – Lia deadpans – You saying you're sorry won't heal my scars." She sighs heavily before walking up to me and letting me pull her into my arms. I keep her pressed against my chest as I kiss her head lovingly.

"You okay?" I ask quietly, rubbing her back softly.

"Yeah, I'm good." My kitten smiles reassuringly, pressing a kiss to my chest. She turns around in my arms to face her family, but I don't release her from my embrace, keeping her caged against my chest.

Joe and Tatiana just stare at us sadly, but it's Alan that seems the most saddened by what just happened. He gazes at my girl brokenly for a while then slowly walks over to us, gently cupping Lia's cheek. "Will you still give us a chance? I know that what my daughter did is unforgivable, but you're still my little baby. I've lost eighteen years with you..."

"I meant what I said, grandpa. – my kitten leaves my arms to engulf the older man in a hug – I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to give you a chance." She repeats what she said earlier, sending the poor man into tears.

"Thank you, baby girl. You have no idea how much it means to me. To us." He rocks them gently, stroking Lia's hair.

"Well, that was an eventful first meeting." One of my girl's uncles chuckles in amusement as he walks up to us.

"Welcome to the family, honey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 6.5K 36
When a young warrior-turned-spy finds a rare magic wielder her people thought extinct, she must make a decision: stay loyal to those she loves, or re...
1.7K 151 48
When Cassie Evans starts high school and meets Blaze, a kid who seems to have a secret grudge against her family, her entire world is thrown upside d...
359K 8.6K 40
Hannah comes home from a business trip to find out that her husband has been sleeping around with her best friend. To make matters worse it looks li...
37.4K 3K 32
Sequel novella to You Are the Shell to My Tortoise ----- Nolan and Chelsea go through their first year in college as high school sweethearts, finding...