The Unbreakable (Ghost #3)

By Grimmy27

After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue

Chapter 51

3.8K 152 11
By Grimmy27

Lia

The guys stare at me in stunned silence, quietly digesting what I just told them.

"You mean... the guy that... that did that to your back...that he did this to you?" James shakily says after a while. I don't miss how his chin trembles and eyes water as he tries not to cry.

"Yeah. The whole interrogation thing was a set-up. The cops never tried to get the team involved in any investigation. – I tell them – I think it was the cop working with that asshole that arranged it all."

"Holy fuck... I shouldn't have told Blake about that call. If I hadn't told him, you wouldn't have gotten hurt." David bemoans, roughly tugging at his hair.

"Hey, don't say that. – I admonish – It's a good thing you told Blake. That way we were prepared. Had I gotten a sudden call from the cops, it could've ended even worse."

"I'm so sorry it happened to you..."

"No need. I'm fine now. Sure, I'd rather have my arm fully functional, but a few bruises are a small price for being freed from my past. And it's adorable to watch Blake fuss over me, so I don't think I pulled the short straw here." I grin cheerfully, wiggling my brows suggestively.

"You're quite bold, you know. Are you not afraid to say that with your dad nearby?" James chuckles.

"He knows everything. And I mean everything." I smirk, enjoying the dumbfounded looks on the guys' faces as they glance towards the kitchen, where my dad took Justin.

"Daaamn... your dad is cool! Can he adopt me too?" I laugh at Simon's sudden exclamation. He's right, though. My dad is cool. He's the coolest dad ever.

"Don't know, you should ask him that."

Before Simon can say more, a sound of rushed footsteps resounds through the room as Blake storms up the stairs with my brothers right on his tail.

"Blake! Don't you fucking dare!" Aiden gets in front of my Cakey, stopping him from leaving. He pushes him back slightly with his hand, giving him a serious look.

"Get out of my way!" Blake sneers at my brother, trying to go past him. I've never seen him this angry. Maybe once, after he heard about what those four fuckers did months ago, but since then – never.

"What's going on?" I demand, limping towards them. My ankle has been hurting for some time now, but I didn't want to show my Cakey I was in pain, knowing he'd just worry more.

"Lia, tell him something. He's just going to get in trouble!" Ashton pleads, blocking Blake's way. I see dad and Justin come out of the kitchen, watching the whole thing curiously.

"Blake, what's wrong?" I ask him quietly, standing in front of him with my good arm wrapped around his waist. I know he won't try to hurt me, so I'm not afraid to put myself in his way.

"Kitten, don't try to stop me. That asshole needs to pay!" He pants in anger.

"Who?"

"We found Mark. And once we told Blake where he is, he immediately tried to get the fucker. Lia, stop him, he'll get himself killed if he goes alone!" Aiden explains, staring at me pleadingly.

"And where is he?" I demand.

"He's at some shady club in San Francisco. I heard from my friend in PD that the place is some gang's hangout. But Blake can't just barge in there guns blazing!" Ashton tells me with a worried frown and I feel my blood boil. That son of a bitch!!! He hurt me and then goes clubbing?! I'll make him fucking see what it means to mess with me. I'm not called Scarlet Beast for nothing. That old asshole will only taste his own blood once I'm done with him.

"Little mouse, don't do anything stupid. I know what you're thinking." Now it's dad's turn to try to calm me down.

"Lia?" Aiden gently puts his hand on my shoulder. "Please don't hurt yourself. We'll get that fucker, I assure you we will."

"Does that gang have a name? Who are they?"

"The Moths. They're a quite dangerous bunch, that's why we need to be smart about this." Ashton is the one to reply, still blocking the front door with his body.

"Is their leader's name Carpenter by any chance?" I smirk smugly, already knowing the answer to that.

"How do you know?" Adrian asks suspiciously, while Blake only looks at me questioningly.

"He's a VIP at the Ring. Babe, I don't know if you remember, but there was a guy at the Ring that asked where should Patrick be delivered..."

"Yeah, I remember..." Blake trails off, still confused.

"That's Carpenter. His gang has been actively looking for that fucker Patrick. His guys kept coming to Gunner's clubhouse many times with new intel on Patrick's whereabouts, but since he always slipped out of their grasp, they didn't get the reward. What do you think Carpenter will do when he finds out the person hiding in his club is no other than Patrick's associate? The same one I offered two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for?"

Blake realizes what I mean, smirking sinisterly. "He'll be pissed, no doubt."

"I'm counting on it." I grin evilly.

"Hold on, little mouse. What are you planning?" Dad stops me before I can go to my bedroom.

"Don't worry dad, I'm not going to pick a fight with a gang. I'm just going to offer Carpenter a deal." I chuckle at his heavy relieved sigh.

"Thank god."

I go to my and Cakey's bedroom and grab my 'Ghost phone' and dial Carpenter's number. I didn't tell the guys that I have also fought Carpenter one time, but I don't think I needed to. Cakey watched all my fights at the Ring, so he'll make the connection soon enough.

I tell Carpenter about the guy staying at his club and shortly explain that he's the one that's been working with Patrick, at which he gets furious, just like I predicted. I ask him to keep a hold on Mark until I can come to get him. Carpenter is more than eager to agree when I tell him that the offer I made at the Ring is still valid and if it's in fact Mark that's hiding at his club; I will pay him 250 grand.

I knew Carpenter wouldn't say no to such money, so I tell him that I'll be in his club in two hours, but he's free to do anything he wants to Mark, as long as he doesn't kill the fucker.

After setting up the meeting and making sure Mark won't leave the club before I can get there, I hang up the call and go back to the living room, where I find dad talking to Blake while my brothers chat with Dave, Simon and James.

"What's for dinner? I want to eat before we go pick up that asshole." I say casually, getting surprised looks from everyone. "What? I don't want to wait to get him." I defend myself when I see Aiden's stern look.

"Surely you don't think you're going anywhere." He folds his arms over his chest, wordlessly challenging me.

"I sure am. I'm meeting Carpenter at his club in two hours. He promised to keep Mark in there until I get there, but I want to eat something before then. I'm hungry." With that I go to the kitchen, intending to make myself something to eat.

As I take out veggies from the fridge, a pair of familiar arms circles my waist, pulling me away. "Sit your cute ass and I'll make you dinner, okay?" Blake suggests, but I can still tell he's not leaving me a choice.

"Fine..." I give in, as always, and slowly trudge to the small table by the window, where I sit down and watch Cakey work around the kitchen.

"Don't be mad, Cakey..." I quietly plead when I see how tense he is.

"I'm not mad, kitten. I'm furious! That asshole is hiding in plain sight and once again, it's you that's forced to deal with it. I'm so fucking powerless and it frustrates me." He leans on the counter, still keeping his back to me.

"You're not powerless... - I go to him and press myself against his back - You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, baby. Not many people can stay so strong and supportive as you after going through so much shit. Not many men would still look at their woman like you do to me after knowing they've been used by so many guys. Not many men would be as understanding as you. Not many men would be so loving as you are after having to go through so much..."

"You say that, but I still can't even get the guy that hurt you. You have to deal with everything on your own cause I have no power to make your nightmares disappear!" He bemoans in despair.

"That's not true, Blake. – I squeeze him tighter – You did make my nightmares disappear. Had it not been for you, I'd never be brave enough to face my fears. Had it not been for you, I'd never even dare try to think about facing my issues. You saved me, from my nightmares, my fears, my past and even myself. – I press a kiss to his back then lean my cheek on it – I don't want you second-guessing yourself, baby."

"Lia... You literally resolved this whole mess with just a phone call while I couldn't even do anything!" I frown at this.

"You're being too hard on yourself, Blake. I only did that because it was the easiest way to get Mark and not get in trouble with a gang."

"Exactly! – he exclaims – Why does it have to be you doing all the work?! Every single time you deal with stuff on your own! I can't even do anything for you! I'm fucking useless to you!"

So that's the thing... "You're not. – I deny vehemently, tightening my hold on him even more – Don't you dare say that. I need you. You're my rock, my source of strength, the love of my life. I know I tend to do things my way, but that's only because I can."

"So you admit it. I can't do anything..."

"NO! For Christ's sake! Blake, I can only do the things I do because of my reputation as Ghost! As Lia Clarke I have no power, I have no reputation, I have no influence. I'm just a scarred teenage girl."

"What if you realize that I can't be what you need? What if you see that I'm not enough for you?" Blake hiccups and my heart shatters.

"Are you really that insecure? I will never leave you just because you don't do things for me all the time. – I feel tears stream down my face when I realize how much I hurt my Cakey – I need you so much, I love you so much I can't even imagine life without you. I don't want to imagine my life without you!" I'm full on sobbing at this point. Does he want to leave me?!

Blake quickly turns around and pulls me to his chest and we just stand there by the counter, wrapped in each other's arms as we cry.

"I don't want you to leave me! – I cry out into Blake's chest – Please don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry, kitten, I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. – he rubs my back soothingly – I'm just worried. You're such a strong person and you're finally free from your past. You can finally have a normal life and I'm scared you won't need me anymore. I'm scared because I feel I haven't done anything for you. I'm scared because I have nothing to offer you. It terrifies me. The thought of you leaving me is terrifying!" Blake cries into my hair, shaking terribly as I hold him.

"I love you, Blake! I don't want to leave you!" I sob brokenly into his shirt, not even caring how pathetic I must be looking right now.

"I love you too, kitten."

"You won't leave me?" I look up at him in pure despair.

Blake smiles sadly, wiping the tears off my face, only for new ones to appear. "How could I even think about leaving you, kitten... You're my whole life."

"And you're mine."

"Forever?" He frowns worriedly, still looking unsure.

I smile reassuringly at him. "Forever and ever. And if there's afterlife, I will stay there with you, too. And if reincarnation is real and we get reborn, I will find you and make you mine again."

"Unless I find you first." Blake whispers then leans down and claims my lips in a deep, possessive kiss that makes my legs give out and leave me limp in my man's arms.

I'd have to be insane to leave this man.

And he'd have to be out of his mind to think he can leave me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 272 35
Skylar fights against her father for the death of her mother, but that fight might become the death of her. We always knew the time of sorrow would d...
46.3K 3K 114
Zoe's only wish is to be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it'll never happen. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch an...
136K 6.5K 36
When a young warrior-turned-spy finds a rare magic wielder her people thought extinct, she must make a decision: stay loyal to those she loves, or re...
22 0 7
Blake, one of the coldest investor's in NYC, is all set to be in her dad's footsteps in taking care of his business. Misa, a college student who have...