FINDING AZURE | THE LAST CHAP...

By Bretaughtyou

(Last addition to the Finding Azure Series, do not read if you haven't read Armani | Undecided first) The ga... More

🌺MAIN CAST 🌺
PROLOGUE / GOODMORNING
ONE : ART CLASS
TWO : DADDY DUTIES
THREE : BRUNCH
FOUR : BREAKING DOWN
FIVE : WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
SIX: UNDERCOVER LOVE
SEVEN : HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE
EIGHT : GROWING UP
NINE : OLD FRIENDS
TEN : DATE NIGHT
ELEVEN : GOOD ENOUGH
TWELVE : GUYS NIGHT
THIRTEEN : WANNA DANCE?
FOURTEEN : DADDY ISSUES
FIFTEEN : FRIEND REQUEST
SIXTEEN : THE BIRDS AND THE BEES
SEVENTEEN : OLD FAMILY
EIGHTEEN : YOU'RE...
NINETEEN : THE CALM
TWENTY - LOVE OVER PAIN
TWENTY ONE - VALUE
TWENTY TWO - FED UP
TWENTY THREE - THE TRUTH
TWENTY FOUR - HOME SICK
TWENTY FIVE - FLAWS AND ALL
TWENTY SIX - SAME OLE' SONG
TWENTY SEVEN - HPBD CYAN
TWENTY EIGHT - ONE LAST TIME
TWENTY NINE - LOVE IN ITS PUREST FORM
THIRTY - JUST LIKE YOU
THIRTY ONE - A GOOD FRIEND
THIRTY TWO - BROKEN
THIRTY THREE - NOT ANYMORE
THIRTY FOUR - DOWN HILL
THIRTY FIVE - LIKE FATHER LIKE SON
THIRTY SIX - LOVE LOST
THIRTY SEVEN - DILEMMA
THIRTY EIGHT - THE LAST CHAPTERS |PART ONE
FORTY - EPILOGUE - GOODNIGHT
🦋THANK YOU 🦋
FINDING AZURE / SABREAMARIE.COM

THIRTY NINE - THE LAST CHAPTERS PART TWO

8.2K 630 821
By Bretaughtyou

"Come on Micah, just one more picture." Jalisa posed in front of the water, her hands on her hips as she waited for Micah to snap a few more shots.

"Here man" he playfully rolled his eyes, "Those are the last ones."

"I have to get all the pics I can, who knows the next time I'll travel. My mom is so cheap." She chuckled, stepping out of the ocean and onto the sand.

It was their third day on vacation, and so far they were having a great time. From the beach, to the restaurants and shopping, they hadn't even scratched the surface of everything they had planned.

Marley had finally come around, enjoying the city as much as she could before she was ready to return back to her room. Thankfully it was still early, the four of them chilling on the beach and soaking up the sun.

"Aye, remember that time we went back to AC and Janette got drunk and left us there to go to the casino?" Micah laughed, glancing over at Jalisa.

Her eyes widened, "You remember that? You were like five."

"Yup, I don't know how but I do" he shrugged, "Do you ever think about her?"

"Who, Janette?" She asked, stopping to pick up a seashell, "No. That ain't my mother, and from the looks of it she ain't yours either. Dumb bitch didn't know her head from her ass."

"Yeah but she was fun sometimes." Micah shrugged.

Jalisa squinted her eyes, "When? When she traumatized us, didn't feed us, or didn't pay us any mind? Ohh, how about on holidays when we didn't get shit because she was too busy funding her and Eedy's drug habits. Wasn't shit about her fun."

Micah could see that the subject was sensitive for Jalisa. Just like that, her demeanor had changed and she was looking at Micah like he had two heads.

He understood though, he hadn't seen his mother in six years. But there were times he missed her and all of her dysfunction.

"Well at least you got a new mom." He scoffed, continuing to walk up the sand.

"It's not like she rescued me, I spent two years in foster care before I got adopted. You got to live with Marley and her rich ass husband. I'd trade places real quick."

Micah knew that was true as well. Back then, Ron had taken them in and their lives went from the projects to a gated community, ramen noodles and hot dogs to five star restaurants, and there were no more missing holidays.

"I'm not trying to offend you Jalisa, I was just saying." Micah slit his eyes.

"Sorry." She mumbled, darting her eyes elsewhere.

He smirked, playfully knocking her in the arm, "It's cool, you're a meany just like Ley."

"What about Ley?" said Marley, looking up from her magazine.

"Just saying your sister here is just like you. Mean." Micah said, laying next to Kayla on their blanket.

"Yeah I can see that." Kayla nodded.

"I'll remember that when y'all want something" Marley smirked, standing to her feet, "You guys can stay out here, I'm heading back to the hotel."

"Already?" Micah raised his brow.

"Yes, already. I'm tired." She huffed.

Micah frowned.

"Well I'll walk you to your room." He said not hesitating to hop up.

Now that Ron wasn't around, Micah took it upon himself to help Marley out any chance he could get - especially since she was pregnant. He too realized her distance and just like Armani he was having a hard time giving her space.

"Boy, I do not need you to walk me to my room." Marley chuckled as Micah followed her up the strip, although she was definitely grateful that he was carrying her heavy bag.

"Why, I gotta protect you and my niece" he said proudly, "People are crazy out here Ley."

"You sound like Ron." she smiled faintly.

Micah smirked. "Sooo, have you seen him yet?"

"Here you go —"

"It's just a question." He shrugged.

Marley sighed, "No, and I don't think I want to."

Seeing the hurt wash over her face, Micah frowned. While he wanted to continue to talk about it, he let it go for the time being.

As they entered the hotel, the cool breeze of the central air welcomed them. Micah followed behind Marley onto the elevator, and it didn't take long to make it to her room on the fifth floor.

"Are you staying in for the rest of the day?" Micah asked, placing her bag on the couch as Marley plopped down next to it.

"Probably." She nodded.

"Well it's two o'clock now, do you think you'd be up for dinner? Just me and you, some sibling bonding time?" He smirked goofily.

Marley looked at him suspiciously, "Since when do you want to spend time with just me and you, ugly?"

"Since you've been hiding out. Come on, I'm older now - you can't lie to me like I'm a little kid. I know you're building up a wall, but I'm not going to let you waste your vacation in your room. So be ready, at eight." He said, beginning to walk out, "And wear something nice!"

Marley rolled her eyes into her head, but didn't reject. Maybe she was just being stubborn. She had gotten enough rest, so she wasn't that tired - but she just didn't feel like herself. However a dinner with her little brother would be nice, and she actually began to look forward to it.

🦋🦋🦋

Beyoncé's dance for you soothed through the speaker, setting the mood in the dim room that was illuminated with a few candles that K-Dot lit. He poured himself a scotch on the rocks, putting it to his lips and tasting it before filling it to the top.

"Baeee, are you ready?" Armani exclaimed from the bathroom.

She had purchased some new lingerie pieces before the trip and couldn't wait to show them off.

"I should be askin you that" K-Dot smirked, lighting his blunt, "Where yo fine ass at girl?"

Armani strolled out of the bathroom, a seductive grin on her lips as she just knew she looked good.

K-Dot licked his lips, his eyes eating her up in the white lace teddy that hugged her perfectly.

"Really Kayan?" Armani twisted her lips, "You're gonna get us kicked out." She said fanning the smoke.

"Pssht, we're on vacation. Here, hit that." He tempted her.

She smirked sneakily, taking a few puffs and then passing it back. She wasn't much of a smoker as she used to be, but didn't mind the feeling that put her ease and put a little umph in her sex drive. Now that she was older, she preferred liquor.

She poured herself a drink, her eyes glued to K-Dot as he sat on the edge of bed enjoying his mixture of poisons.

After taking a few sips, Armani tiptoed over to the bed where K-Dot sat her down on his lap.

"There's no kids to interrupt us tonight, so you know what that means." She purred, kissing him on his neck.

"Mhh hmm, you better be ready for me." He said, gripping her thigh.

As he continued to sip on his drink, Armani feeled him up- already turned on just by his captivating scent alone. He smelled sweet, like Gucci rush - his signature fragrance from college.

"I'm so glad that we came out here. We needed this." she sighed, positioning herself behind K-Dot and massaging his shoulders.

"Hell yeah, but I can't wait to get back to work." He said, thinking of all the plans he had in motion.

Now that his repair shops were doing well, K-Dot was ready to venture into bigger things. He was currently in the stages of opening his first car dealership, and just like his repair shops he planned on having multiple when the time was right.

He was finally making the right moves within his businesses, including hiring qualified people. He had learned his lesson with Renee, a woman who had shaken up both his personal and work life in the beginning of the year.

It was to the point that he wasn't sure that him and Armani would make it. They argued every chance they got and their sex life had even come to a complete stop, it was rough. However with therapy and the motivation to make it work, the couple had made a complete one eighty.

K-Dot also wasn't the only one making moves. Along with renovating her salon and extending into the empty building next to hers, she also wanted to start her own hair care line. The two had been busy, falling in love with both each other and their careers all over again.

"Here you go, Mr. Workaholic. That's what caused problems last time." Armani snickered.

K-Dot laid down on his back, allowing Armani to straddle him as he propped up on both arms. "Emphasis on last time, I know how to balance everything now. Making sure I handle the job and you."

"Handle me, huh?" she smirked.

"Yeah, handle you." He repeated, this time in a low seductive tone.

Gripping the back of her neck, he brought her lips to his and took them in - their tongues wrestling. He didn't waste any time undressing her, only enjoying the sexy lingerie for a moment before he was ready to rip it off. He dove in face first, sucking up all the stickiness oozing down her clit, wiping the access from his fingers that had been inside her.

Armani eyes, low and devilish, watched as he ate her as if he was her last meal. She ran her manicured nails through his curls, her head tilting back as K-Dot penetrated her with his tongue, allowing her to practically fuck his face. He was a beast with it, and always had been. He could make his wife cum on command and this time was no different.

"Fuck, Kayan I'm cumming." She whimpered, her legs giving out.

"Did I tell you to?" He growled, his fingers still going to work.

"I can't, can't wait." she panted.

K-Dot had her feeling all types of ways. How could a man she had been with for half of a decade still make her feel like it was their first time all over again, as if she wasn't the least bit aware of what he could do to her. Aside from the sex, he was everything to her. There was no other man as sweet, caring, protective, or all around the shit like her Kayan. He was a businessman, a great father, amazing lover, not to mention a hood nigga - all wrapped in one.

Sure, he had his issues just like the next. Armani wasn't perfect either. But they loved each other more than they could ever convey in words, and that's all that mattered.

After watching her suffer in ecstasy for a bit longer, K-Dot gave Armani the okay to release her juices into his mouth. He locked her legs, enabling her from running as he sucked her dry.

"Shit. Boy do I love you." She giggled in between her heavy breathing.

K-Dot smirked, climbing up into her arms, "I love you more."

🦋🦋🦋

"Damn, where that nigga Dot at?"

Taking a seat at the bar, Nico surveyed the spot to see if K-Dot had arrived yet.

"I don't know, but I can't stay long." Ron said, already checking his watch for the time.

Nico raised his brow, "Where you gotta go?"

"I'm meeting Micah at Santorini's" he snorted, "Little nigga invited me to dinner, said he need some advice on his girl."

"Lil man is really growing up. I can't wait til Cyan comes to me about his first love." Nico smirked, thinking about his baby boy.

Ron was definitely shocked when Micah called and invited him out, but he was looking forward to the one on one outing with him. There was a lot he wanted to hear about, from how high school was going, to his new relationship, even boxing. There was a lot of time they had to make up for.

"Right, I already know the twins —"

"Yo, Nico! Is that you?"

Interrupting their conversation, a familiar voice shouted across the bar.

Nico furrowed his brows, "Look who it is, bald headed ass Keith." He chuckled, tapping his brother.

The two hadn't seen him since their night at the bar months ago, along with their other "friends". They used the term loosely, especially because they only hung out on certain occasions.

"What's up, it's been a minute." Ron gave the man a handshake as he approached the table.

"I was about to say the same thing, it's crazy I ran into y'all down here."

Nico nodded, "Who you out here with?"

Keith smirked proudly, rubbing his hands together causing the Nico and Ron to share a glance.

"My lady." He flicked his nose.

"Nigga, who your lady?" Ron snickered.

Just in time, the sound of heels clicking emerged from behind them. Keith's smirk widened into a smile as he opened his arms for the woman he had seeing for a while now.

"Y'all remember Renee?" He gestured time her, "Baby remember, it was the night we first met."

Seeing the two very familiar men, Renee rolled her eyes - knowing exactly who they were. That also meant that K-Dot was close behind, making her even more anxious to find their seats far away. Not only had K-Dot taken a restraining order on her, Armani had proven she was ready to go to war for her man. It had taken an ass whopping, but she had gotten the message crystal clear.

"Mhh hmm, can we go to the table now? I'm starving!" She spat, pulling him along.

"I'ma hit y'all up later! We gotta link." Keith shouted behind him.

Nico doubled over in laughter, while Ron just shook his head.

"That nigga can link these nuts." He snorted.

"Pause, brodie."

"Nigga where the fuck you been at?" Nico looked up to see K-Dot finally taking his seat at the bar.

K-Dot raised his hand to usher over the bartender, "I was with my wife, clearly. I ain't come here to be lovey dovey with yo ass."

"This nigga get a curly top and start acting different. I like fade K-Dot better." Nico chuckled.

K-Dot shook his head with a laugh, "What's up with y'all though? Enjoying vaca? I am."

"You just missed it. Keith just walked in...with his new woman Renee." said Ron.

"Nah, sounds like I was right on time then. I'on need shorty to start reminiscing." That was actually the last thing he needed.

As they sat and sipped a few drinks at the bar, the brother discussed a few business plans that were lined up. While the vacation was exactly what they needed, it was also giving them time to think clearly on the next few steps in their life. Now that Ron was remote, him and Nico decided to go into business together.

They were currently investing in a boxing arena, specifically for the youth of Philadelphia to come and show off their skills in the ring. Muh's gym had given back to the community in a plethora of ways and now it was time for his sons to extend the legacy.

"Aiight y'all, I'm out. Good talk." Ron said, flipping through a few bills for his tab.

"Enjoy ya time with Mic" Nico gave his brother a handshake, "Tell him always keep the ladies guessing."

Ron moved to K-Dot for some dap, "Yeah, I'll remember that." He snickered.

With that, he was gone. He checked the time on his watch, next texting Micah that he was on his way.

🦋🦋🦋

Marley checked the time on her phone, twisting her mouth as she searched outside of the restaurant for Micah. She had been standing there going on fifteen minutes, and she cursed herself in her head for agreeing to a dinner with Micah when she could be in bed with some room service.

The strip lit up in beautiful neon lights, tourists laughing and smiling amongst each other as they passed by. Marley crowd watched for a bit, telling herself that Micah had five more minutes before she was out.

"Ley?"

Marley knew that voice. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, her mouth drying as she turned around to see Ron standing behind her.

"Hey-y" she smiled awkwardly, "How are you?"

Ron stared at her for a moment before responding. Marley looked breathtaking, sporting an all white maxi dress that flowed over her growing belly. Her hair, wild and curly fell over her face - her bright eyes peeking through her bangs. It had gotten longer. Ron noted that. Her lips were also spread beautifully, plump and glossy as always. He smirked faintly, looking down at the ground nervously.

"I'm good, you hear from Micah?" He asked, "I was supposed to be meeting him here."

Marley knitted her eyebrows together, "Seriously?" She ran her fingers through her hair with a laugh, "I was supposed to be meeting him too. He set us up."

Ron shook his head, he should've known better. However he also didn't think that Micah wanted him and Marley back together that much. Just like everyone else, Micah had told him how much of a failure he had been in his marriage.

Ron chuckled, "He's crafty, I gotta give him that. Come on, I'll walk you back to your hotel."

He turned to walk the other way, only to see that Marley wasn't following.

"I'm still hungry" she shrugged, "I skipped lunch to do my hair, sooo I'm eating something."

"You, skipped lunch?" Ron tilted his head.

Marley snickered, slicing him with her eyes. The two stood in silence for a moment, taking each other in for the first time in a while. Ron also looked good, but that was nothing new.

"But ummm, you gon' be good by yourself?" He asked, running his hands through his beard. She loved when he did that.

"I should be" she nodded, "I mean, unless you want to join me. It's only dinner."

"Right, it's only dinner." Ron snorted, and Marley playfully rolled her eyes.

"Come on boy, she's acting crazy in there so I don't want to waste anymore time."

Marley turned to enter the restaurant, Ron following behind and opening the door for her. Out of habit, he pressed his hand on the small of her back to lead her in, his simple touch causing her heart to race.

Once they were seated, they flipped through their menus - neither knowing what to say or how to strike up a conversation. Marley made a note in her head to curse Micah out when she got back to her room, but for now she just wanted to enjoy her meal as she had anticipated. And while Ron had offered to leave, for some reason her lips spoke before her mind could and now here she was, sitting at dinner with her soon to be ex-husband.

"Have you thought about any names?" Ron blurted out, shocking Marley.

She sat the menu down, next glancing at her belly, "Nothing has come to me yet."

"How about Ronnica. Like Monica, but Ron." He smiled confidently.

"Oh yeah, you've definitely been drinking on this trip" Marley side eyed him, "What kinda ghetto shit is that? And I'm not naming my baby after you."

"Ghetto? More like cultured" Ron chuckled, "And I put half in on that baby."

"Don't remind me, I've been trying to forget."

He flicked his nose, "Aiight, I deserve that...I just want you to know I plan on being there one hundred percent for her and boys. Nothing changes now that we're...you know."

He couldn't even bring himself to say it, although the words settled at the tip of his tongue.

"Divorced." Marley finished his sentence.

"Yup, that."

Lifting his menu back up, Ron read over it to choose his appetizer option as he was starving. He hadn't eaten either, not to mention the drinks that had given him an appetite.

Just in time the waitress approached the table, ready to jot down their orders.

"Can I start you two off with anything?" The waitress asked.

"I'll have the spinach dip, and he'll have the crab cakes for our appetizers. And can I get a refill of my water, please?"

"Sure thing." The woman nodded before walking away.

Ron scoffed, leaning back in his chair as he looked at Marley, "You swear you know me. How you know I didn't want something else?"

Marley tittered, "Because you love crab cakes. And I know that, because I know you. Better than you do actually."

"Oh yeah? What's my favorite color?" He smirked.

"Orange, which you don't look good in by the way. I meant to tell you that all those years ago." She said, snarkingly.

"Wow, I don't know whether to be flattered or offended."

The two shared a laugh. Ron shook his head at Marley, and she returned it with a sexy eye roll that he caught immediately. He was having a good time, but he regretted being there. Only because he couldn't kiss her, touch her, or even enjoy her presence like her wanted to. It was hard, watching her move on from him while still carrying a part of him inside of her.

"So, umm are you dating anyone?" Marley asked, shocking Ron.

He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck, "You really want to talk about that?"

She shrugged, "I'm just trying to be normal...mature. We're not together anymore but we're going to have to be cordial and still regular around the kids. I don't want to turn into robots."

"Nah, I'm not dating anyone Marley" Ron downed the rest of his drink, "I think that's the last thing that should be on my mind right now."

Marley would never admit it, but she was actually relieved to hear that Ron hadn't moved on. She wasn't ready to hear that he had opened his heart to another woman, although it was clear he had no problem dropping his pants for them. Still, fucking and falling in love was different - and Marley couldn't imagine Ron in love with anyone but her.

As she waited for Ron to ask about Luca, he surprisingly didn't. Instead he casually moved the conversation along, beginning to go on and on about his new business venture.

It was like he didn't even care if she possibly had moved on, although she hadn't.

"You okay? You got real quiet on me." Ron said, looking up from his food as Marley picked through hers.

"Hmmm, yeah just thinking...I wonder if I packed enough clothes for the boys. I was rushing."

"I'm sure Pops is already spoiling their asses anyway, yesterday he called and asked did they need any more sneaks." He snickered.

"They definitely don't need any more of those." She yawned.

"You ready to get out of here?"

Marley looked down at her plate, deciding she was finished with her entree. "Sure."

She reached into her pocketbook to grab her purse, however Ron was already flipping through a few large bills as he ushered over the waitress.

"I know you didn't think I was going to make you pay" he smirked, "Come on big mama."

"Boy, I can pay for my own food." Marley jokingly rolled her eyes as she wobbled past, "But since you offered." She shrugged.

Ron followed behind her as they exited the restaurant. He could admit that he enjoyed the short time with Marley, it was the first time in months that they were actually able to sit down and have a regular conversation.

He would also be lying if he said it didn't remind him of the old times. Times that he would never get to experience again.

"You hear that?" Marley turned to him, the sound of music coming from one of the bars. However it wasn't just any song, it was Joe's I wanna know, the same song they had danced together at Muh's birthday party. Marley remembered it so vividly, especially because it was the very night she realized how much she really loved Ron.

"Now this, is called the Graham shuffle" Mike said as he showed Marley the steps to the family dance, his hand still holding hers as he attempted to lead the way.

Marley on the other hand smiled awkwardly, and tried her best to not look annoyed as she looked around the floor for someone to save her. Seeing Ron instead, her heart sped up as he was heading straight towards her, his smooth walk and piercing glare both intimidating and sexy.

Realizing her hand was still intertwined with the strangers, she quickly snatched it away.

"Damn girl, I told you I got you. Even if you don't have rhythm, I can teach you" Mike said flirtatiously, following up by the furrow of his eyebrows once Ron approached them, "What's up cous? You need something?"

"Yeah, my girl" Ron nodded towards Marley.

Marley resisted rolling her eyes into her head, but also couldn't front that she wasn't hype as hell about the fact that Ron was the one to save her.

"Ohhh" Mike said awkwardly, "My fault, cous. She's beautiful"

"Thanks" Ron and Marley replied simultaneously.

Ron shot her a look, and she shrugged because she was confused as to what she was supposed to say. Ron gave his cousin a nod, next firmly grasping Marley's hand and leading her away.

"Now I'm your girl?" Marley smirked, taking her hand back.
Ron looked down at her and annoyingly shook his head, "You think that shit is cute?"

"I'm cute apparently, beautiful even" Marley batted her eyes.

Ron laughed under his breath, and the two battled looks - however it wasn't hostile, more like they spoke everything they wanted to say just through their eyes. Ron took her hand back, and she allowed him too.

"You decide to play dirty to get my attention, doesn't seem like you" Ron shrugged, breaking their silence.

"I wasn't playing dirty, I was just dancing. Guilty much?" Marley snickered, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"And you think I'll allow you to dance with anyone but me?" Ron asked, his tone stern.

Marley rolled her neck, "Allow me?"

"Yeah, allow you" he repeated, "Come on"

He led her further onto the dance floor, and Marley tilted her head in confusion. However she didn't hesitate to follow him, and smiled shyly as he gestured for her to dance on him.

"Ron" she giggled, shaking her head, "You don't dance"

He shrugged playfully, as if to say why not. While the two weren't exactly talking about their problems, Marley decided to go with the flow. She allowed him to bring her into him, and she began to twirl her hips to the music, her movement both hypnotizing and precise as always. Ron held onto her, and caught the beat right along with her and Marley blushed with the feel of his manhood brushing against her. Oh how she missed that.

Ron did as well, as he licked his lips and bit the bottom one, admiring everything about her as always. She glanced back at him, her eyes catching the light as she gave him a coy but taunting smile, and Ron knew he would never find another woman like Marley Maisonet, the one and only.

His woman was made just for him, even in all of her stubbornness and sassiness, and hardhead-ness, she was all that he could ask for. Ron let their current drama fall to the back of his mind, and told himself to just stop the torture. He pulled her closer so his chest could meet her back, giving him the ability to whisper in her ear.

"I'm sorry" he finally told her, "You just make me mad as shit sometimes."

Marley didn't respond, just let her cheek stretch as she listened to what else he had to say.

"And I know that I treated you foul last night, but I really had to let you see I'm not fucking around with you Marley. You can't come into a nigga life, tie my durag every night, rub my feet and fuck me like you do, and then tell me you don't know me."

Marley laughed, and he playfully slit his eyes at her, "I'm serious" he chuckled.

The two shared a laugh, and Ron leaned in to take her lips into his. Marley couldn't help but feel the butterflies in her stomach dance around, and she hadn't felt those since their first time kissing. However it was like they were meeting all over again. This time, Marley would let go of all fears when it came to loving Ron, no matter how long, or short the distance. While she was nervous about their next chapter, she was also excited; As there was no one, she'd rather be doing it with.

"Yeah, I hear it" Ron smiled, "You wanna dance?"

Marley was hesitant, but just like earlier that day she went with the flow. It was weird, months ago she hated him, hell she still did. But somehow, she wasn't ready for the night to end.

It's amazing how you knock me off my feet,
Every time you come around me I get weak,
Nobody ever made me feel this way,
You kiss my lips and then you take my breath away
So I want to know
I want to know what turns you on
I'd like to know (So I can be all that and more)
I'd like to know (I'd like to know what makes you cry)
So I can be the one who always makes you smile

Marley's head rested against his chest, their body's swaying in the middle of the dimmed lounge. Neither spoke, as there was nothing really to say - only to feel. The couples around them were happy and full of love, it was a sight to see. They on the other hand were broken, not dangling from the last threads or even getting tired from holding on - they had let go.

"You trying to make me fall in love or something?" Marley giggled as they exited onto the strip after their impromptu dance.

Ron laughed, "I was just trying to show you a good time. I know you've been cooped up in that room."

"Well thank you, I did have a good time."

"Then mission accomplished."

Before Marley knew it, the two were standing outside of her hotel and preparing to depart. The night had come and gone that quickly.

"Goodnight Ley." Ron smiled, his hands in his pockets as he came to halt.

"Goodnight Ronnell." Marley replied.

She began to search for the hotel key in her purse, and as she did so Ron turned his back to leave. Marley watched for a few moments, secretly hoping he would turn back and confess his love for her, fight for her, something. But again, he hadn't. Maybe he didn't love her as much as she thought.

Stepping into the room, she furrowed her brows at the smell of lit candles - not to mention the lights that had flicked off. Just like she had predicted, the room had been covered in dark red cranberry scented candles, but that wasn't all. Rose petals were scattered all over the floor, as well as all over the bed sheets.

"Finally, you're back."

Startled, Marley turned around to see Luca standing behind her - dressed in nothing but a silk pair of boxers.

"Luca?" She threw her neck back, "What are you doing here? And how did you get in my room?"

"I told them I was your husband" he snickered, "Are you excited to see me or what? Give me a hug, Ms. Marley."

Marley was seriously creeped out. She liked Luca, but she wasn't sure if she had feelings for him. Hell, she couldn't be sure of anything while pregnant.

"Luca, I don't want to sound mean but you should've called me and asked could you come. Not show up and do this, whatever this is." She hissed, tossing her bag on the bed.

Luca's smile faded, "This, was supposed to make you feel better. I thought you would be happy, but let me guess - since it isn't a favor involving you or your kids you don't want it."

Marley couldn't believe her ears. Luca has never spoken to her that way, but she let him slide because she knew letting him down wasn't going to be easy.

"Look Luca, I like you so I'm going to ignore what you just said. I think you're a good guy, I'm just....well as you can see pregnant and going through a divorce. I'm vulnerable as hell."

"That's why I want to be there for you Marley" Luca said, sauntering over and grabbing her hands, "Please. This baby, can be our baby —"

"No the hell it can't" she slapped his hand away from her stomach, "Luca, have you lost your fucking mind."

"Marley —"

"Just leave, Luca!" She shouted, closing herself in the bathroom.

"Marley, I wanna be there for you girl! Come on, don't do this to me. I've been out here for two days trying to work up the nerve to do this, and this is what you do?" Luca shouted through the door, "Marley!"

"I need time Luca, to figure everything out. I thought we were just friends." Marley said, knowing her words weren't true.

She had led this man on for months emotionally, knowing deep down it was only to fill a void. She didn't have the same feelings as Luca, and now it was more clear than ever.

Once there was silence on the other side of the door, Marley waited for a bit longer until she heard Luca finally gather his things and leave.

For a while, all she could do was sit on the floor and cry. She couldn't believe that Luca had done that, and she also couldn't believe that out of all people the one on her mind was Ron. What he was doing. If he was thinking of her. She hated it. How could a man that ruined her, be the only thing that could put her back together?

She didn't want to be a weak woman. One that took a man back after he disregarded the love the two of them shared. And sure, she wasn't innocent. There were times she straddled on the thin line between respectful and dead wrong when it came to Luca, but she couldn't help it if she was lonely. Still, nothing compared to what Ron had done. Yet, at that moment none of that mattered.

Hearing a knock at her door, Marley stood from the bathroom floor.

"Luca, I told you —-"

Seeing Ron instead, Marley shut her mouth.

"Nah, it's not Luca" Ron chuckled, a little hurt, "But I mean, I can go..."

"You can come in" She sniffled, a small laugh attached, "What are you doing here?"

Instead of coming completely inside, Ron stood by the door as he just stared at Marley. He actually didn't know what he was doing there. One moment he was walking back to his hotel, and the next he was turning around.

"Because I have to fight for you." He finally replied.

"Ron —"

"Marley, I just need one chance. I know that what I did tarnished everything that our love ever stood for. Trust me, I think about it every day. I think about how I hurt you, with the decision that I made that night. I was selfish. For months, I tried hiding behind a lie, blaming it on drinking and everything around me but myself. I did that, I fucked everything up" Ron's face was now wet with tears, "And I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you ever met a nigga like me, cause you deserve better. I'm sorry that I'm even standing here right now, begging you to take me back. So you can say no, and I'll leave. I just gotta try, one last time."

🦋🦋🦋

"Alright y'all, now this is our last night in Miami and I just wanna say I had a blast!" Armani said, smiling from ear to ear as she looked around the table full of her family.

"Hell yeah, me too" K-Dot smiled, "Be on the lookout for Deleon number three on the way too." He rubbed her belly.

"Oop, I know he did not just announce that shit like it was an album drop." Justin snickered, bringing the table to a laugh.

The entire trip he had been boo loving with Rome, however since it was the last night they figured they would come out with the gang.

"Aht aht, knock on wood" Armani gave the table three hard knocks, "I think I'm good with two. I am not Azure."

"What does that mean?" Azure pouted.

"Girl, that means your ass is fertile" Marley giggled, "Like a fucking fish."

"You're one to talk, prego." She playfully scoffed, "But anyway, I agree Armani. I had a great time on this trip. We should definitely do this more often."

"We should, when no crazy shit is happening. If it ain't one thing, it's another." Nico commented, "None of that in the future. We're all way too blessed to be stressed."

"Amen." Ron raised his glass, and Marley jokingly cut her eyes at him.

"And every vacation I get to go, right?" Micah hopped in, making sure no one forgot about him.

"Yeah lil nigga, you too" Nico chuckled, "Aiight, now everybody raise their glasses in the air."

Doing as he said, they raised their glasses in unison, smiles across their faces as Nico began his drunken speech.

"I swear, y'all muthafucka get on my last nerve. But I wouldn't have it any other way." he started, making them all groan obnoxiously.

"Awwww!" Ron shouted.

"That's so cute!" K-Dot laughed.

Nico rolled his eyes, "See what I mean? But real talk, y'all are my family. I mean foreal foreal, me and Azure started all this. We're like the grandparents of this group" He joked, "We all have been through so much these past years but each year we grow stronger. We learn how to love each other a little more, how to love our kids, and show them what real family looks like. We don't give up on each other, never have. Despite all the b.s, we fought through it. There were times I was at odds with almost everyone at this table. It's times we were ready to rumble one another, foreal. Yeah Dot, I ain't never get over you comin at my sister that summer" He said, causing K-Dot to laugh, "But yeah....I just want to say I love you all. To family."

"To family."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 6.6K 43
'What are you made of Zayn Rodriguez?' There was pure curiosity in her brown eyes. I only then noticed how transparent they are. 'Nothing out of the...
2.4K 115 29
FINISHED: Sorry about the confusion and grammar errors. But please give it a read! Book completed with bonus chapters. Book 2 is here!!!! 4 extra p...
469K 17.5K 54
"THE FINAL CHAPTER." • • • Campbell West Cade has been through a lot of trauma in her seventeen y...