superficial | twilight

By kiraalicex

Nothing is ever what it seems. Just a grieving girl, thrown into the mess of her new brothers world. More

00 - History
01 - Painful Goodbye
02 - Brother
03 - La Push
04 - Hikes
05 - De Javu
06 - Happy Families...
07 - Sisters
08 - Lights
09 - Brothers
10 - Step Back
11 - Situations
12 - Disaster
13 - Sobering
14 - Alliance
15 - Regards
16 - 'honesty'
17 - Volterra
18 - Caius
19 - History
20 - Changes
21 - Game On
22 - Happy Little 'Family'
23 - Downfall
24 - These Four Walls
25 - Greece
26 - Egg Shells
27 - Birthday
28 - Birthday 2.0
29 - Misfortunate Reunion
30 - Force Of Nature
31 - Girl On Fire
32 - Calm Before
34 - Letters In The Rain
35 - After
36 - Alive And Burning
37 - Rise Up
38 - Half Of A Whole
39 - Small World
40 - Reunited And It Feels...?
41 - Just Saw A Ghost
42 - What Is This Feeling
43 - Happy Whatever
44 - Cold Feet
45 - We All Fall Down
46 - In At The Deep End
47- What the Hell
48 - Rock Bottom
49 - My Heart
50 - Sweet Child O Mine
51 - Give A Little
52 - The End
53 - Epilogue

33 - Lost It All

2.3K 99 21
By kiraalicex

Jacob phases and runs into his dad's house. "She's gone. She's gone!" He yells.

Billy frowns, setting his paper down. "Who?"

"King. She's gone!" he hits the wall angrily.

Billy frowns more. "Gone..? Where? I don't-"

"She's facing Clio. Alone." Rebecca realises, her face paling.

Billy pales too. "No... No! You-you get out there and find her!" He yells.

Jacob rolls his eyes. "No shit. But I don't know the places she'll go. I need you to think, dad, her life depends on it!" He slams his hand on the table.

Billy shakes. "I-I-I"

"Jake, stop." Rachel snaps, glaring as she lays a hand on her dad's shoulder. "This stress isn't good for him!"

"Any way to get rid of King huh, Rach." He snaps.

"Don't even go there!" Rachel yells.

"Stop!" Billy yells. "She's all alone out there and she's probably terrified! Let me think!" He yells.

His children go silent, all watching him. He breathes heavy as his fingers tap the table, his thoughts racing; where would she go? "There was a place..." he says, thinking. "Her mom would take her, I met them once or twice. They did it every year. Its... Goddammit, where is it!" He slaps his hand on the table.

Jacob kneels. "Dad, please... Come on, you can do this." He begs, a hand on his dad's arm.

"Get me her photo album. I know it, I just... Get me it!" He demands.

Jake grabs his phone. "Esme? Get me her photo album-"

"It's gone Jacob." Esme says. "All her things are." She whispers.

"DAMN IT!" Jacob yells, throwing his phone at the wall. It shatters into little pieces, plaster dust also falling with them. "She took it!" he runs his hands through his hair.

"That one.." Rachel says, darting to Kings room. She's been staying there since she came to care for her dad and she had a snoop. She throws the drawers open and grabs the tattered photo album, running to the kitchen table again. "She has this one too - we used it to copy some photos."

Billy snatches it and throws it open, scanning the pages. "There." He tears the film-covered page out and throws the book aside. He taps his fingers on the image of a big lake and looks at his son. "Here. She'll have gone here. I-I can't remember where it is. Utah maybe? Somewhere near there."

Jacob grabs the picture and pats his dad's back. "Thank you." He says, darting out again. He throws his clothes aside and tucks the picture in the strap on his ankle, diving into his phase.

Gather everyone! Now! He orders to whoever is phased. He senses a few people phase out as he runs, being careful of the roads - last thing he needs is to be in an accident right now.

When he finally makes it to the house, he sees everyone waiting - and he never thought he'd say it but he's relieved to see a group of black cloaks. He phases and runs out as he pulls his shorts on, Caius looking over. "Where is she!!!"

Jake hands the picture over. "Dad thinks here. Here is possibly Utah, but he can't remember."

"Then you make him remember!" Caius yells.

Jacob glares. "And risk him having another heart attack? No."

"And who's fault was that-"

"Reign yourself in brother." Aro says calmly. "Jacob. Would your father be open to me using my.. Gift?" He says, his hands clasped in front of him.

"My dad wouldn't let you touch him. And neither will I." Jacob says, his nose scrunched in disgust.

Aro laughs coldly. "Oh okay... That's fine. It isn't like I can access every thought and memory. Not like I could see that place." He shrugs.

Jake hesitates and sighs heavy, turning to Seth. "Phone."

"You gotta stop breaking yours, man." Seth says, handing his phone over.

Before long, Rachel is pulling into the driveway. Jacob helps his father into his chair. "I'm sorry... This is the only way."

Billy forces a smile. "King needs us to put our differences aside. I can do that - for her."

Jacob pushes his dad over to where the three musketeers wait, Esme and the others inside but watching and listening. Caius steps forward. "Thank you Billy... I know this can't be easy. The sooner we do this the sooner we get to our girl."

Billy nods one and looks to Aro. "How do you..."

"I just take your hand. Don't panic - I won't hurt you." He smirks, holding his hand out.

Billy takes a deep breath and holds his hand up. He looks away as Aro takes it, flinching at the coldness of it; Aro gives an amused chuckle before he looks down and closes his eyes, Billy's hand clasped in both of his. Everyone is silent, no one breathes, as he focuses.

"Mirror Lake, Utah. You went twice with her, she was 5 and 8." Aro finally says.

Billy looks at him in shock. "You... How?"

"How can any of us do what we do?" Aro says, everyone rushing out. "Let's go."

-

King stands on the balcony of the cabin her and her mom always came to; her grandfather's boat would usually be docked at the dock they sold that many years ago, when he passed. She looks up at the cloudy sky, taking a deep breath before she straightens up.

Kali leans in the doorway. "Are you ready? She got your message... She'll be there any minute."

King looks at Kali, her eyes cold and her expression hard. "Let's get this over with."

"King... You could die." Kali says, grabbing her arm before she can rush off. "What do I tell your fa-"

"There's letters in my bag. Give them out." She says with a hard tone. She pulls her hand away and walks down the steps, to the edge of the Dock. She looks up to the balcony where Kali waits. "You're ready? I can already sense my brother getting closer. He can't stop this once I start."

Kali nods. "I got it... Good luck, Kingsley."

King nods once and turns to the lake, looking down at the water. She slowly steps out onto it, her heart thumping, and then takes another step. She still surprises herself with what she can do so easily. She smirks a little and walks slowly, looking ahead. It's the winter season so no ones at the lake - the owner of the cabin doesn't even know they're here.

In the middle of the lake is a large dock; her and her mom always swam or boated out here and jumped off it, or sunbathed, or picnicked. She smiles small at the memory and steps onto it, looking at the wood. The moment she looks up, her eyes fall on Clio.

"You're awfully cheerful considering this is the end, mother." King says, her eyes narrowing.

Clio smirks. "The end? Oh honey, this is just the beginning!"

King glares, walking slowly in a circle, Clio doing the same. "The beginning? There's only one way this ends. And that's with you dying."

"And so be it, honey. Because if you die, I die. But if you die, you're reborn. And that means I'll be reborn - well, I'll come back. Who'd want to be reborn?" She smirks coldly.

King freezes. "You... You tethered yourself to me." She whispers.

Clio grins. "Surprise! Together forever, sweetheart. Mummy and daughter for life."

King grows angry, the wind beginning to pick up. Clio looks around and her eyes fall on her daughter, a laugh leaving her lips. "Oh you've found your little talent... Yes, that's also why I got rid of you. Couldn't have you taking the spotlight from me."

"You are so fucked up!" King yells, throwing a ball of water at Clio.

She laughs and holds her hand up, the water falling inches from her feet. Her boots don't even get wet. "Awh, I feel so proud! My baby learned a cool trick."

King takes a shaky breath to calm, willing herself to save her energy. She knew she'd taunt her, make fun of her. She knew she'd try and find a weak spot. "Hmm, neat huh." She says. "Tell me one thing - what happened to Ajax?"

Clio bites her lip and giggles. "Ohhhh, I was waiting for you to ask!" She grins, twirling. "Well, he's in a safe place..."

King rolls her eyes. "You waited all these years to hear that question and that's all you say?"

Clio laughs, waving her hand. A small urn appears in between them. "There he is. Kind of like a genie in a bottle."

King scoffs. "You're sick."

"I am. That's why I've waited for an audience to do this." Clio smiles, looking over.

King follows her eyes, her heart leaping as she sees everyone - all of them - stood at the edge of the lake. "Cai..."

Caius pushes against the boarder, yelling. "KING!!!"

King looks to her mother and swallows hard. "Good - I'm glad they're here. They'll have peace knowing you're gone."

"Gone? Honey I'm no- no." She gasps, seeing the small vial of blood. "Athena...give that to me."

King smiles, twirling the black vial. "This is the only thing that binds the spell. And you hid it in our home. It was so easy for Kali to find it. Her family have had it for the last 200 years."

"Athena, you break that and you die too!" Clio glares, holding her hand out.

"Good. Its about time." She says, throwing the vial down. Clio screams and lunges forward, too late. It smashes, the blood spilling on the Dock. King pulls the knife from her pocket and forces it into her gut, twisting it in the same motion.

Clio screams and backs up, her hand on her stomach. "You... Stupid... Girl!" She grunts.

King drops the knife and let's out a grunt as she falls to her knees, smirking at her mother. "S-slick, aren't I?" She says, breathing heavy. Clio backs up with a scream, falling in the water. King falls in a heap, the dampness of the blood on her hand making her feel sick - more so than the pain. She can't believe she just stabbed herself.

Neither can Caius. The moment Clio falls in the water, he falls forward. He recovers quickly and rushes, by Kings side in seconds. "KINGSLEY!!" he screams, cupping her face.

She smiles weakly, her eyes fluttering. "I-I did it... Did it, Cai." She whispers.

"You did... You did." He cries, stroking her cheek. "Let me change-"

"No... Let-let me go." She whispers.

Caius shakes his head. "No! No!!"

"P-please..." She whispers.

Caius yells in anger. Esme covers her mouth and kneels by King, King trying to smile again. "M-mom."

Esme kisses her head, forcing a smile. "Hi beautiful girl... You're okay. I'm so proud of you." She whispers.

King smiles and exhales slowly, her heart slowing. "Jake..."

"I-I'm here." He says, on the edge of the Dock. He can't compose himself enough to see her.

Her hand weakly reaches back. "J-jake..."

He reaches over and sobs as she weakly squeezes his hand. The air grows silent and cold as her eyes flutter closed. And a few seconds later, her heart thuds one last time, eventually growing still...

AN//This is not the end!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.7K 26
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐„๐—๐‚๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐| โWhy did you just leave me like that?โž โBecause I thought ...
497K 11.4K 46
BECAUSE โ” โBecause nobody's ever loved anybody as much as I love you.โž Based on Twilight Saga Jacob Black ร— Fem OC ยฉ 2019 Wattpad @RavenDiaries
22.8K 576 25
Right before I close my eyes The only thing that's on my mind Been dreaming that you feel it too I wonder what it's like to be loved by you Started:...
6.8K 360 15
โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹† it didn't take one look to fall in love, but it certainly helped them realise, just how far gone they were. โ‹†๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜๏ธŽ๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก ๏พŸโ˜พ ๏พŸ๏ฝกโ‹†