Taming His Stallion [BWWM]

By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Paege is a young woman known for understanding animals. Or more specifically, horses. She is hired by the bea... More

Taming His Stallion
1_Dream Trainer
2_The Garden of Florettes Bed n' Breakfast Inn
3_That ... was HER?
4_That Arrogant New Boss Of Mine
5_Stable Girl
6_The Apology
7_Angel
8_Homemade
9_His Demeanor
10_Grasp
11_Captor
12_A Night To Remember
13_Relieve
14_Bonding Time
15_Silence
16_Clarity
17_Sweet Olives
A/N - 2021
19_Unreasonable
20_Tolerance
21_Games
22_Regal
23_Together
24_Mr. Andrews
25_Wrecked
26_Acquaintance
27_Solace
28_Devastated
29_Little Tremors
30_Detention
31_Gravitation
32_Bare Minimum
33_Affinity
34_Enough
35_Harmony
36_Undeniable
37_Auction
38_Tempers
39_Friends
40_Mates
41_Gone
42_Breadcrumbs
43_Tightrope
44_Hopeless
45_Stay
46_Reflection
47_Aftermath

18_Blissful Adventure

3.9K 195 8
By Stars-vs-Chocolates

Danny

The calm, synonymous with Sunday evenings, settled on the ranch, ushering in a space of well-deserved leisure, luxury and laughter, concluding yet another day of intense work.

Said calm mingled with the air, resilient on the wind, helping to resolve or defer our tensions as the day neared its climax.

If our neighbours lived within a relative distance, they'd probably linger on the soft music emitting the area and surmise that some elite event was underway at the Andrews ranch when, in fact, it was merely a small gathering hosted by my father in honour of my mother.

A cool breeze swept across the land in gentle waves, whirring around, lightly caressing the open deck, lending ultimately to the ambient nature of the place where I held more of my fondest memories of late.

Mom and Dad, Bell, Will and A.J. as well as a few of our ranchhands gathered at the dining table, all in good spirits.

As was customary of late, Paege accompanied me and dared not wander too far from my side as she wouldn't allow me nor I, her.

Ever since we were back on good terms, we could barely manage an hour without checking in to see how the other fared the extensive work that met us come daybreak. So even if we had to shoot a call or text, we did just that to ensure that the other was ok.

What more can I say? That close call, a few weeks ago, had really shaken me up. The thought that she had almost slipped from my grasp was far too much to bear.

And now I yearned for more of her smiles which tugged on my heartstrings and her laughter that resonated so much with my being that the woman was not far from my thoughts at any given moment.

She held my attention yet again, at home amongst my family, laughing boisterously at something foolish Willy said along with the rest of the group, much to his credit.

A warm moment amidst the welcomed chill that eclipsed the day of near blistering heat that went ahead.

The setting sun permitted magnificent rays. An alluring backdrop comprising indigo, magenta, cyan and orange as we spoiled in the fruits of my father's labour.

My mother was by no means a novice in the kitchen, but my father's effort was a gesture of love and a token of appreciation, accumulating after so many years of mom taking care of all of us.

My father's cooking was by no means on my mother's level, but neither mom nor Bell, nor the men, nor I could ever refuse for that matter. It was that good.

Mom often cooked for us. Every now and then, the men who overnighted at the ranch and weren't otherwise engaged, joined us when my parents weren't away on business. So when the time came, dad steered her away from the kitchen to repay her warmth, often slaving away to treat her to her favourites dishes and pay tribute.

On this particular occasion, he had outdone himself, whipping up Creamy Fettucine Carbonara, Beef Quesadillas, Crumbed Cutlets, Grilled Avocado with Veggie Ceviche, Greek Quinoa Salad and No Baked Oreo Cheesecake for dessert.

His tribute extended to our mother but we revelled in the experience and their immense love, not to mention the fact that we got to partake in the festivities.

Bell and I would also combine our efforts as we adopted the tradition, extending our tribute to both our parents. Bell did meal prep as she was not necessarily gifted in the way of the cooking while I articulated my culinary prowess behind the stove.

It was nothing too elaborate but Bell and I found that we appreciated the exposure no less. These moments were all-around all-encompassing and truly heartwarming in the way that guided us to our true North by grounding and reminding us what was most important in life.

At the moment, my attention drifted back to Paege who indulged Bell in a trade of County fair stories, rather enthusiastically might I add.

Little Foot's very own county fair was fast approaching and the topic created a buzz all around town rendering others just as jazzed about the event as they were. There were games, rides and even a dance that commemorated the event. So naturally, they were swept up in the excitement.

I studied the two, helping myself to another Beef Quesadilla, taking a bite and groaning appreciatively while shaking my head. Bell was so animated as she prattled about the games and the rides, and the obstacle courses that usually accompanied the County Fair and Paege mirrored her eagerness.

Bell and Paege hadn't known each other that long but anyone can see how close they had become. It was not difficult to see why they got along: finishing each other's sentences, sharing inside jokes and their love of food, horses and even the occasional prank. It was almost like they were soul sisters.

Not even my ex had warmed up to Bell and my parents to that extent. They got along cordially but there was always an underlying tension that seemed to thread the moments when brought her to meet, my family. But try as I might, to get them to warm up to her, it all proved futile in the end.

She could sense that there was some kind of wall dividing them but we continue in our attempts because we were engaged after all. If we were to really work as a couple, she would have to come to some level of understanding with my family as they were important to me.

All that time and energy had clearly been a waste.

Glancing at Paege yet again, I couldn't help the feeling that seized my chest.

Without even trying, she had somehow managed to coax my family completely under her spell. Their connection bordered on ridiculous to the degree that sometimes I could hardly decipher whether my family liked her more than they did me. They were willing to protect and defend her at a moment's notice.

"Really?" A voice squealed in excitement prompting me to cast my gaze around the table before setting my sights on Paege to find her looking up at me expectantly.

My eyebrow cocked in question, waiting for her to counting.

"You've held the highest rank for the longest time two years in a row?" Paege gushed like an awestruck teen, her eyes opened to saucers and her mouth held a goofy open-mouthed grin that caused me to chuckle.

"Yes," I offered.

"That's amazing!" She beamed, almost jumping out of her skin, genuinely eager to know more about my extracurricular activities. "Why haven't you mentioned it before?"

"He's modest," Mom interjected. Her eyes holding a knowing glint as she chuckled at Paege's enthusiasm.

"That's right," Bell managed while chewing on her Quesadilla. "When he wants to be."

"Bell," Dad sighed, touching the bridge of his nose while shaking his head in mock resignation, causing mom, Paege and the others to erupt in laughter.

"What, Dad?" She chewed and swallowed the remaining piece to clear her passage before she spoke again. "Can you honestly blame me?"

They were well used to her episodes by now.

"This is amazing," With a wide sweep of her hands, she gestured to the dishes laid across the table courtesy of our father.

"She's right, Boss," Will could barely manage amidst the Creamy Fettucine. "This is really good."

"Kiss up," A.J. scoffed a friendly jab, causing the others to erupt in laughter, earning a wide grin from Willy despite the mouthful of Fettucine he had gathered in a heap and stuffed into his mouth earlier. "But it is though, Mr. A."

"That's one of the main reasons I married him," A smile tugged at the ends of Mom's lips and a mischievous glint entered her eyes as she gazed at Dad.

"Ok, ok. That's enough attention for an old sap. Besides, tonight is about my wife who stood by me for many years. I count my blessings that she gave an old wrinkle the time of day. We can both agree that it hasn't been easy but she has managed to make it the best ride of my life."

"Awwww," Paege gushed, just as my hand found hers under the table, filling the gaps. Her fingertips brushed against the back of my hand, sending a quiver through my body.

"To my wife," Dad raised his glass to mom, initiating a toss.

"To Mrs. A," The men added, one after the other, followed by Paege.

"To mom," Bell and I raised our glasses in unison then a round of cheers followed, causing my mother to blush despite herself.

"Thank you all," She began. "This ranch would not be the place it is without each and everyone present with us tonight. Your resolve and hard work are really invaluable to us. I raise my glass to all of you."

The men nodded in respect, sporting proud smiles.

Mom raised her glass, gesturing to the men then she glanced between Bell and me, her smile widening as she looked over us with pride. "To my son and daughter who are emeralds to me, I love you and I could not be prouder of your passions and accomplishments."

"Awwwweee, mom don't make me cry," Bell cried, dabbing at the corners of her eyes. 

Mom broke into a giggle, shaking her head at my sister's antics while Dad shook his head, casting his gaze heavenward in mock annoyance.

"Thanks, mom," I chuckled for nothing less than my sister's innovations.

Her eyes settled on Paege with the warmest smile yet. "I want nothing more than for you to know that you mean the world to us. We see you and we love you. I wish nothing but many years of blissful adventure to you and Danny,"

"Thank you, Mrs. A," Paege gushed and I pulled her into my side, wrapping my arm around her shoulder in appreciation.

Paege and I had grown closer over the course of the next couple of weeks, and naturally, neither Bell nor my parents had missed a beat.

They'd all been hinting at the wedding march, even though we'd only known each other for a short time, and not so subtly either, much to Paege's embarrassment.

Though, I couldn't exactly say that I hadn't imagined a future where that was a distinct possibility.

I had been engaged to my ex for well over a few months when the facade of our devotion had disintegrated into smithereens and along with it, our illusion of love.

It wouldn't be completely farfetched if the idea had crossed my mind, once, even twice.

But, even if we had known each other only briefly, I had never felt a fraction of what I felt Paege.

Paege challenged me in the best ways and allowed me to breach her carefully constructed walls.

Somehow, she managed to get under my skin.

Clearly, it was visible for all to see.

Mom pressed a kiss to my father's cheek, "And to my husband who has given me many wonderful years so far, you know there are fewer things I treasure than your companionship."

Paege hugged me tighter just then, looking over my family with a gleam in her eyes.

I could definitely get used to this.

○○○ Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.○○○

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 12.7K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...
9.9K 210 18
Skyler James. A 19 year old horsewoman with unbelievable ranching, riding, and roping skills. Life on the ranch is amazing, as any horse obsessed, ca...
4.1K 356 25
Divine Jackson is driven. She's always had people to take care of, and that list barely included herself. So, it was hard making any room for a man...
2.8K 230 27
After the 24-year-old, content creator and influencer Muna Amadi was betrayed by her boyfriend and bestfriend, she decided to move to New York for a...