When You Smile

By RoseSampaio

Samantha is a young girl graduated in Marketing, and is in search of her first job in this area. Her interest... More

Chapter 01 - Job Interview
Chapter 02 - First Working Day
Chapter 03 - The Racing World
Chapter 04 - Carol
Chapter 06 - A Friendship is Born
Chapter 07 - Cars & Bikinis
Chapter 08 - Busy Day
Chapter 09 - Decisions
Chapter 10 - Big Apple
Chapter 11 - Best Friends
Chapter 12 - Only Time
Chapter 13 - Unexpected Invitation
Chapter 14 - Samantha
Chapter 15 - Victory Kiss
Chapter 16 - When I See You Smile
Chapter 17 - Learning to Live Together
Chapter 18 - Presage
Chapter 19 - Missing You...
Chapter 20 - Hurricane
Chapter 21 - My Safety Island
Chapter 22 - Bocas Del Toro
Chapter 23 - Regret
Chapter 24 - Issues
Chapter 25 - Suspicions
Chapter 26 - Gastronomy Lessons
Chapter 27 - Paradise
Chapter 28 - Nightmare
Chapter 29 - Championship End
Chapter 30 - Just a Fright
Chapter 31 - Back to Cali
Chapter 32 - Blackmail
Chapter 33 - I'm not Playing, Sam...
Chapter 34 - Real Threats
Chapter 35 - Separation
Chapter 36 - Loneliness
Chapter 37 - Unexpected News
Chapter 38 - Looking for Solutions
Chapter 39 - Investigation
Chapter 40 - Eliminate the Witness?
Chapter 41 - Going Meeting to Danger
Chapter 42 - The Chase
Chapter 43 - Is It Over?
Chapter 44 - Stalking
Chapter 45 and Final - When You Smile...

Chapter 05 - Challenge

139 44 1
By RoseSampaio

The days passed with hard work and busy weekends. Samantha was devoting herself body and soul, and had a great feeling of accomplishment. Teryl gave her more responsibilities every day, testing her, and was very pleased with the performance of her assistant.

In the first two months of the year, Samantha took care of the marketing of several athletes sponsored by Rockstar, and all advertising campaigns were a success. But the only athlete who was absent during this period was Tanner. Samantha knew he traveled on vacation to Europe with Carol. What envy! What a jealousy! When you're beautiful as Carol you get a man like him...

- It's not my case - She sighed - What handsome will look at the ugly and dowdy Sam?

For even more complicate her life, she continued seeing Harry sometimes. But every time she was sorry and didn't understand why was doing that. She felt she didn't love him anymore... Maybe the loneliness was covering her eyes and making her feel scared... Fear of being alone...

But she had to admit that every time she was sad, it was enough to look at a picture of Tanner smiling to gladden the heart and her whole day. She opened the drawer and took one of the cute pictures of him on the Top Gear filming, which made him look like a teenager and not a man over 40 years old. She caressed the picture and smiled.

- I cannot fall in love with him... He's famous, has a beautiful girlfriend and can have any woman he wants... What hope do I have? Damn... Why did he have to be so adorable?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the intercom.

- Sam?

- Hi, Janet.

- All rally drivers arrived for the photo shoot.

- Please take them to the studio and tell Clark mount the Chroma key according to what we talked about in the morning. I'm already going there.

- Okay.

Samantha sighed, looked again at Tanner's picture and put it in the drawer.

- It's a shame that you aren't in this group today...

Samantha amused herself a lot with drivers, especially with Bucky Lasek. In the late afternoon, after the end of the photo shoot, she was at her desk reviewing the job. Teryl entered the room with some papers in the hand and watched her assistant carefully.

- Sam?

- Yes, Teryl? - Samantha smiled.

- Please, sit here. I have a very serious and important issue to deal with you.

Samantha walked to the Teryl's table, pulled out the chair and sat down. Teryl continued to watch her carefully, and began to tap on the table, causing a feeling of distress on Samantha.

- Sam... Do you remember that I promised a surprise at the end of these two months if you had a good performance?

- Yeah...

- Well... I liked much of your work, and you managed to charm to all athletes. All of them only want to work with you. And that impressed me.

- Wow...

- So I decided to promote you to Rockstar Marketing Coordinator.

- Are you kidding me?

- Of course not! You deserved the promotion.

- Thank you, Teryl... I don't know what to say...

- But along with the job coming a new responsibility. You'll coordinate three assistants who are being hired to do the function that you do today.

- I'll no longer care directly from the campaigns?

- No, you'll supervise, coordinate and approve everything before getting to me.

- I enjoyed the responsibility, but I think I'll have idle times...

- Don't worry, you'll not have time to stay idle. From today you'll take care personally of all marketing of a single Rockstar athlete. You have to be his shadow wherever he goes.

- Okay - Samantha wondered who it could be. Maybe Jason Anderson. After all he was the star of the moment at Supercross and Motocross.

- You'll take on one of the main Rockstar athletes. Tanner Foust.

Samantha almost fell off her chair. Her heart raced and she was speechless.

- T-T-Tanner Foust? - She stammered.

- Yes - Teryl responded with the greatest calm in the world.

- But... You're the one who takes care of his marketing...

- But it's time I let other professional handle it. I didn't do it before because I hadn't found a professional good enough to take on the job. So far.

- Teryl... I-I...

- Your life will change completely. You'll accompany him in all races and events he participate, and take care of him about the marketing and media. And I'm talking about America and Europe. So prepare the travel documents, because in early March you'll follow him to Barbados.

- Teryl... The other girls will not be jealous or have some kind of bad feeling because I had been promoted in such a short time... and will work directly with the man of their dreams?

- Don't worry - Teryl laughed - They knew it was a matter of time until I find someone like you.

When Samantha came home, she was still surprised and couldn't believe what was happening. She walked to her office and put the briefcase on the desk.

- I must be dreaming... But I don't want to wake up ever again! - Samantha looked at Tanner's mural - Oh, handsome ... What will become of me living almost 24 hours a day with you? It'll be wonderful and a torture at the same time... See your smile all the time... - She sighed.

Samantha picked up the phone and called her mother to give the good news, then called Harry.

- What a surprise! - He said happily - You never call me...

- I'm calling to tell you that I was promoted to Coordinator!

- I am very happy for you. Congratulations!

- Thank you... But now I will personally take care of a single Rockstar athlete, and have the responsibility to be his shadow... And... And I have to tell you I'm going away for a few weeks to follow him at the races...

- Will you travel?

- Yes... I'll travel far from today.

- And where are you going?

- Barbados.

- Who is the athlete?

- Tanner Foust.

- That guy you die for him?

- Harry, it isn't like that! He's my idol, because I consider him the best driver in the world... That's it...

- I see... I didn't like it. I don't want you to go.

- I called to report that I'm going, and not to ask for your permission.

- My opinion isn't important to you, right?

- Harry, don't make me choose between you and my career... You'll come out the loser...

Samantha hung up. She was nervous. Why she was still with him? She couldn't remember why. He was sexist, outdated and the kind of guy who thinks women can only be a mother and housewife.

- I wonder if all men are equal... - She looked at Tanner's photo and smiled - You're different, aren't you? My handsome...

Samantha came to the agency feeling that there were a thousand butterflies in her stomach. She now had a meeting with Tanner to discuss the trip itinerary and activities. When she entered the meeting room, he was already waiting for her.

- Hi - He gave that famous smile that melts hearts.

- Hi - She smiled a little nervous.

- I was very happy when I learned that it's you who will take care of me.

- For Real? You should be worried...

- And why? - He laughed - I know I'm in good hands.

- I hope you're right - she smiled.

They spent several hours talking, changing some activities, analyzing some strategies. Samantha was increasingly enchanted by this man. Tanner was intelligent, respected her opinion, and accepted her ideas. He was kind, polite and fun.

Without meaning to, she began to compare Tanner with Harry, and she came to the conclusion that Harry was losing 10 to 0. But Tanner had a girlfriend. He was just a dream, nothing more...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 334 31
Samantha Grey Blake was known as a normal teenager who got decent grades and was pretty but who knew she was one of the most feared gang leaders. Aft...
6.3K 681 23
Mallory finds herself brokenhearted when she loses the love of her life in a tragic accident. She's left to pick up the pieces of her life with the h...
13.3K 761 12
Scott's a little in love with the new air traffic controller at DFW, as much as he can be for someone he's never seen and who isn't even the right ge...
155K 7.5K 66
Samantha Heed has done nothing but work as hard as she could in life. Becoming a veterinarian and owning her own clinic by the age of twenty-six, Sam...