Code Geass: The Ability of Ch...

By zairrik

It started in August 2017 in Area Eleven, formally known as Japan. Specifically, in Ashford Academy, a privat... More

Chapter 1: Pain Pain Go Away
Chapter 2: Old Friends And New Friends
Chapter 3: A Promise For The Future
Chapter 4: Enter, Black Knights
Chapter 5: Refrain
Chapter 6: Death At Narita
Chapter 7: Deviation By Gunpoint
Chapter 8: Partly Fulfilled
Chapter 9: A Shell of A World
Chapter 10: Where The Ripples Start
Chapter 11: Dealing With The Demon & Witch
Chapter 12: The First Two Pieces
Chapter 13: Three Kings Gambit
Chapter 14: A Broadcasted Move
Chapter 15: Refrain From The Truth
Chapter 16: Break Through!
Chapter 17: Unveiling
Chapter 18: The Forgotten Name
Chapter 19: Night
Chapter 21: Callin' Promise Keeper
Chapter 22: Black Knights of The Exile
Chapter 23: What Is Evil?
Chapter 24: Love Loyalty
Chapter 25: Attack On The Geass Order! A Sudden Unexpected Turn?!
Chapter 26: The Final Words of The Man Named Zero
Chapter 27: A Request For God And The Power Promises Hold
Chapter 28: Geass Dreams of Damocles
Chapter 29: Fate's End
Epilogue: Tomorrow

Chapter 20: Where Everything Came To Light

1K 38 13
By zairrik

After retrieving a submarine sent to us from the Military District of India, I gathered the core members of the Black Knights to go over the restructuring of the organization. Starting with Tohdoh, as I had said to him before, his position put him in charge of our military affairs, which everyone was receptive to. However, they were not when it came to putting Diethard in charge of intelligence, espionage, and public relations. Chiba, the female member of the Four Holy Swords, spoke up and asked my reasoning for placing a Britannian in such a sensitive position.

Zero: "I do not care that he's a Britannian, only that he can produce results and that you all work to further our goal. It was the same reasoning for Tohdoh's position, if he had left I would have picked the next best suited for it. Is that understood?"

Tamaki: "Alright alright already."

Zero: "Kaname Ohgi shall be Deputy Director. As for the head of Research and Development, that position goes to Rakshata Chawla. Captain of the Zero Squad, Kallen Kozuki."

Kallen: "The Zero Squad?"

Zero: "An elite guard under my personal command. As for the first, second, and third divisions, Asahina, Senba, and Kagesaki will be in charge respectively. In charge of the First Special Forces will be Sugiyama. With Tamaki in charge of the Second Special Forces."

Diethard: "Zero, may I add something? There's still one issue that needs to be dealt with."

Zero: "I already know what you're going to say, we'll speak about it later. For now, that is all, you may all go." Walking up to me from the back, C.C. and D.D. joined me.

Ohgi: "So what are their positions?" His question caught the attention of the others.

Zero: "D.D. is Chief of Financial Affairs, as she has helped keep our finances in order so far. However, both are members of the Zero Squad."

Kallen: "Wait, are you saying that they're both Knightmare pilots?" She said, stunned that the idea.

Zero: "If not, it will be a perfect test of your ability to lead and train people."

D.D.: "I look forward to working with you." She bowed in Kallen's direction.

C.C.: "It's rather annoying, but there's no helping it."

With that matter dealt with, the others left while the three of us spoke of the day soon to come. I reassured them that everything would be fine, however, D.D. was more concerned ever since I kept what I said with Taizo a secret. And ever since I recovered, C.C. has become more concerned as well. Telling them that was the reason I put them in the Zero Squad was so that they could protect me appeared to settle them for now. Later, back at the mobile hideout on land with the heads of each department, Diethard recommended that Suzaku be assassinated.

Tohdoh: "I reject. The Japanese would be revolted by such a cowardly act."

Ohgi: "Yeah, and the Black Knights are not in the business of killing the defenseless either. What do you want us to do? Get him when he's alone and kill him straight out?"

Diethard: "Calm down, I'm merely suggesting we minimize a risk in the most efficient way possible. The Britannians will prop him up to try and gain the support of Elevens."

Rakshata: "You've been awfully quiet Zero. Surely you have an opinion on this."

Zero: "No."

Diethard: "What?"

Zero: "If it was learned that the Black Knights assassinated an Eleven simply because he fought for the Britannians, we would lose more support than if we did nothing. Besides, I believe Rakshata already has something we can use." I stand up to leave.

Rakshata: "I do? Wait, you mean the Gefjun Disturber? Then I guess there's no need to assassinate him then if you're using that in your plan."

Ohgi: "What's a Gefjun Disturber?"

Rakshata: "Something I've been working on for quite some time to deal with Knightmares. I'm glad to hear I'll be able to field test it."

Zero: "I'll be in my office preparing the plan if there isn't anything else."

Diethard: "No, that was all." I nodded in went upstairs, the moment the door closed I brought out my phone and called Kallen.

Kallen: "Yes?"

Zero: "Kallen, whatever Diethard says to you, play along but don't attempt to kill Suzaku."

Kallen: "Wait, what are you talking about?"

Zero: "I'm telling you to not worry about whether or not Suzaku is a threat. Go to the party, enjoy the pizza and have fun for both of us."

Kallen: "Alright, I'll try to have fun." She hung up and I immediately called Lelouch.

Lelouch: "Hello?"

Zero: "Do us both a favor and make sure Kallen doesn't attempt to kill Suzaku at the party. And remember what I said before, if you don't do it, we'll both be killed by Schneizel."

Lelouch: "I think you've got the wrong number." He hung up, leaving me to have a sigh of relief as I took off the mask.

(F/N): "Seriously, I get you're around people but you better make sure she doesn't do anything stupid."

C.C.: "Why not get closer to her than?" She asked, once again lying on the couch.

(F/N): "Did D.D. make you suggest that? Besides, being closer to me would give her more reason to kill those who threaten my life." I asked as I went over to sit at my desk.

C.C.: "I think if she understands your feelings about certain people, then she'll feel guilty for even thinking about killing them. Or at least that's what D.D. said."

(F/N): "So D.D. did suggest it."

Rakshata: "Zero, do you have a minute?" She asked from the other side of the door, I put my mask back on.

Zero: "Come in." Rakshata opened the door and walked in, taking a glance at C.C. as she did.

Rakshata: "About that Knightmare you wanted me to work on, you aren't going to need it for this operation you have planned with my Gefjun Disturber, are you?"

Zero: "No, there is still time before it's needed. If anything, I want you to focus more on the other two."

Rakshata: "About that, I've run into a little problem with that Geass Canceler, I simply don't have enough information to finish it."

Zero: "After this operation, we'll be getting a new child that can help you with that problem, I think you'll like it." Rakshata looked at me strangely.

Rakshata: "When you say child, are you referring to a Knightmare?"

Zero: "I thought it was proper to call it that, after all, you call yourself the mother of the Guren. And I firmly believe you'll like this one, namely its Druid System."

Rakshata: "I haven't heard of that before."

Zero: "I'd be surprised if you did. Let's just say it's a really good computer that can help with work on the Geass Canceler. Though it is experimental and will need some work, I can help with that once we have it."

Rakshata: "Alright then, that's all I needed to hear for now. I'll be preparing the Gefjun Disturber if you need me."

Little did she know how soon we would be in need of them. I knew that at Ashford where they were holding a party for Suzaku, Lloyd would go there to pick him up and while he casually spilled the beans about his engagement with Milly, he also accidentally let slip the plans for Euphy to meet with someone important by boat. The full truth was that that person was Prince Schneizel, Lloyd's boss, and one of the greatest pains I would have to deal with at some point. After Kallen was called and returned, I had everyone board the submarine and began to fill them in on the plan of action.

With the core members gathered in the briefing room, I informed them that this far out the strength of the Britannian military would be limited, so we could focus on capturing the Lancelot and Suzaku Kururugi. When asked what we would do after we captured him, I told them to leave it to me. After explaining the main two phases of the plan, I dismissed them, but had Kallen stay behind for a moment. I only had to ask once if she tried to kill Suzaku, when she confessed she apologized for not listening to me. I placed a hand on her shoulder and told her that killing isn't always the answer and for her to never resort to it as a first option unless in battle. Leaving without her, I went to check on Rakshata where conveniently Diethard was nearby so I approached him, confronting him about his actions.

Zero: "Diethard, what did I say about your plan? Here I find out Kallen was playing the would-be killer."

Diethard: "I told her to dig up what she could on Kururugi, maybe I implied a little more than that."

Zero: "Maybe you should have listened to me when I didn't imply and clearly stated no to the assassination."

Diethard: "You want us to be the hammer of justice right? We can't have people thinking of us as cold-blooded killers I know, but we can hide the truth using the media. You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty. Am I wrong?"

Zero: "Yes, actually." My immediate answer caught him off guard. "If you kill someone on the battlefield, you aren't a murderer, you're a soldier. Just as if you cheat innocent people you're a crook, but if you cheat the crooked, you're a Robinhood. Had I wanted it, I could have killed Suzaku back when we rescued Tohdoh, so didn't it ever occur to you that maybe I have something planned for him?"

Diethard: "I don't see a point in keeping him alive, but if you're saying he has some use alive then fine. I only hope that you know what you're doing."

Zero: "I do, so don't interfere with military matters again." I walked down to speak with Rakshata. "How is it?"

Rakshata: "Everything seems to be working. The stealth effect we're getting as a byproduct of the Gefjun Disturber is helping, but I'm sure you're already aware of that."

Zero: "Yes, now it's time for us to move."

Phase one, getting the chase started. First Squad were to attack the military base shortly after the ship transporting Euphy arrived at Shikine Island. Tohdoh would lead them and Zero Squad while myself and another unit would remain some distance away. Once Lancelot appears on the battlefield, my unit would fire upon him, getting his attention. Keeping it, I would make sure he saw me standing on top of my Knightmare as Tohdoh issued the order for the units to fall back. The Lancelot chased after my Frame as soon as I began to move, ignoring the fact that the other Knightmares disappeared.

Phase two, releasing the trap. The Lancelot was quick and closed the gap between us just as I jumped into a sandpit. He followed, unaware of the trap lying beneath him now. Taking out one of his Maser Vibration Swords and pointing it at me, it was now time for him to realize his mistake. Rakshata activated the Gefjun Disturber, shutting down both of our Knightmares. The other Knightmares from before surrounded the sandpit outside the effects of the disturbers as I opened my hatch and called out to Suzaku.

Zero: "Your secondary systems are still functioning so you can exit the Lancelot. I suggest you surrender, otherwise, we'll have to gun you down." It seemed my words got to him because he opened his hatch and came down after I did.

Suzaku: "You're really going through with this. Did you know that Euphy was in tears after I told her what you said?" He asked with disgust in his voice.

Zero: "I'm truly sorry, however, that changes nothing. Suzaku, do you want proof that Britannian can't be changed solely from within?"

Suzaku: "Whatever it is, I don't want to hear it from you."

Zero: "That's too bad because the missiles that will be heading for us will only speak part of the volumes."

Suzaku: "What are you-" He got a message over coms. "May I?"

Zero: "Be my guest." Suzaku looked surprised after he got the message.

Suzaku: "How did you know?"

Zero: "I also know that Euphy will be heading here to try and stop them, all in order to save us both. Unlike us, do you think Britannian royals would cry for more than a day after her death?" The Black Knights began shooting down the missiles.

Suzaku: "There is no way anyone would allow her to do something as riskless as some here. Besides, how could you possibly know something like that?"

Zero: "Call it fated, much like how the Avalon is here." I looked up and saw the giant floating ship appear.

Suzaku: "What the-"

Zero: "Live Suzaku."

Phase three, trust in Lelouch to do his part. It wasn't easy convincing him to use his Geass on Suzaku before the party, but thankfully he did once he heard the consequences of not doing so. The activation words were the original command spoken by Zero, and it made sure that Suzaku saved both of us from the Hadron Cannons that were about to fire down upon us when the bottom hatch of the airship opened. Afterward, he would still be affected by the Geass, but it insured his safety as a result. In the end, we were sent and separated on Kamine Island. On the rocky coast, I looked out to the sea only to turn my attention when I noticed Euphy standing there, not far away, soaked from the sea.

Euphy: "(F/N), it's you, isn't it?" She asked in disbelief that I was here before her. "I haven't told anyone, I even had Suzaku keep it a secret. Please, take off that mask."

Zero: "Is that an order?"

Euphy: "I'd rather it wasn't, please, I just want to talk." I reached for my mask and took it off.

(F/N): "Fine, only because I want to speak with you about something as well. But first, you should probably dry off."

I took off my cape and handed it over, before sitting behind a nearby boulder so she could remove her dress in some form of privacy and let it dry in the sun. After she was done undressing she sat on the opposite of the rock with the cape covering her. There was a long moment of awkward silence, not too different from when we first met, which brought back some memories for me.

(F/N): "You know, it was a mistake on my part." I tried to break the silence.

Euphy: "What was?"

(F/N): "Slipping up and using your nickname, I guess old habits die hard after all these years."

Euphy: "I don't think I follow, we've only known each other for less than a year."

(F/N): "It's something I'll explain later."

Euphy: "There's something I wanted to ask you. Were you ever... (F/N) or were you always Zero?" I laughed. "I'm asking in seriousness."

(F/N): "I'm only Zero when I have the mask on, I'm no one but myself when it's off. So right here and now, I'm (F/N) Crowel, the one who caught the falling princess and guided her on her first day in the settlement, and told her to have some courage for a change."

Euphy: "I'm glad to hear that. I enjoyed it, you know? Going to stores, trying food from stalls, helping that kitty, talking casually with someone other than my sister. I also... wanted to believe the words you said to me were genuine."

(F/N): "I'm glad too, because I wanted to enjoy that time as well. When I... saved you and those hostages as Zero, I admit the main reason wasn't to rescue you, it all had to do with Cornelia. But as (F/N), the person behind the mask, it was about making sure you and the students were safe."

Euphy: "I'm happy to hear that." Her stomach growled. "Oh my, I believe being relieved has made me hungry."

(F/N): "Euphy." I got up. "There's a secret I should tell you about, but you have to swear that you keep it to yourself."

Euphy: "More secretive than who Zero is?"

(F/N): "No, I just know they'll be in danger if word of them got out. Can you keep it a secret?"

Euphy: "Very well, if it would put someone in danger otherwise, I'll keep it between us."

(F/N): "Your brother and sister, Lelouch and Nunnally, are both alive at Ashford Academy." Euphy was silent for a moment before I felt a tug on my shirt and turned to see her tearing up.

Euphy: "Are... are you being honest right now?" She had gotten up and had walked over to my side. "Because if you aren't, if you're saying this to suddenly be cruel to me..." I took her hand and placed my phone on it.

(F/N): "Listen to the voicemail under his name." Euphy turned around and did so, it was after hearing his voice that she broke down completely in tears.

Euphy: "Lelouch, you're alive... we thought you were both..." I stepped in front of her and let her tears fall onto my shoulder. "How long did you know?"

(F/N): "The only people who knew that the school were the Ashfords and Suzaku, no one else knew. As for me, I knew for a long time but never said anything."

Euphy: "Why tell me this now?"

(F/N): "Because I want to tell you the truth. About Zero, me, Geass, everything I can." I took a step back and wiped away a tear from her. "But first, why don't we get something to eat before it gets dark?"

Euphy put back on her clothes, after realizing she was in front of a man with only a cape on, and found that they were now mostly dry. The two of us went into the forest to gather fruits that could be found. I filled the air by telling her stories of Lelouch and Nunnally's time at Ashford, the person of chaos that is Milly, and, of course, stories of Suzaku. Going a bit too far, I started talking about when the three of them first met, but it had been so long since I'd been able to tell anyone these stories that I didn't care to hold back. When asked how I knew such things so well, I only told her it was the same way I knew where all of the fruit we gathered was, Geass.

Returning to the beach, the fruits were laid out on one of the large leaves we gathered. While Euphy sat down and set up the wood for a fire, I started to undress, which quickly got her attention. Taking a walk into the water in order to catch us some fish, I was rather proud of my physique. Before coming to Area Eleven, I had trained my body in the event something went unexpected and I would have to fight my way out of a situation unarmed. This meant unlike Lelouch, I could easily match Suzaku in hand-to-hand combat, after all, he was the one who trained me in many Geass worlds. Bringing two fish back onto the beach, I prepared them for cooking and worked on starting the fire.

Euphy: "I didn't know you knew how to catch fish like that, or is it that Geass you keep mentioning."

(F/N): "It's partly that, I can use it to learn things but that knowledge is worthless if you can't use it. You need a strong body if you want to fight or run, doesn't matter if you know how to fight or run if you don't have one."

Euphy: "I see..."

(F/N): "Euphy, do you mind if I tell you a story while we eat?"

Euphy: "What kind of story?"

(F/N): "It's... an old fairytale about a princess and a curse." I looked into the fire that started to burn. "A long time ago, before Britannia was the empire it is today, there was a girl who lived on a farm with her mother and father. The two were very protective of her, having lost their son when he went off to venture the world, never to return. Worried that death would befall her, they kept her indoors, never allowed to leave, not even to go to the town nearby town. She grew very lonely and many nights she cried herself to sleep. Eventually, she learned to hide her loneliness as she turned into a young lady."

Euphy: "I take it she eventually left home?"

(F/N): "Yes, but it wasn't a happy event. Her father fell one day, clenching his chest. Her mother ran to the town to call a healer, it was at that moment that she saw her chance to be free. With tears in her eyes, she left her father to die alone. She ran, and she ran, stopping for nothing until she realized she didn't know where she was running to. She had never been outside in so long she was unaware of the dangers, such as those that lurked in the forest she was now in.

A giant bear came from the trees and eyed her for its next meal. She didn't know what to do and stood there frozen, that was until a wounded deer pranced past the two of them. Hunters giving chase to it saw the two, and slew the bear that would have killed her. One of the hunters was a prince, who claimed her to be too beautiful for a mere farm girl and asked her to come back with him. She did, but little did she know how that was a mistake. After they returned to the castle the prince heard her story and her wishes, then made her an offer.

'I can grant you your wishes and so much more,' he claimed with a charming smile, 'Take my hand and live with me for now on.' What was she to do but say yes to the man offering such things? She took his hand, and the two were bound by a contract from that day on. Ignorant of the curse, the price, of accepting the contract.

The prince kept his word, and she was now a princess that knew so much more about the world around her. And enjoyed the stories she heard that came from across the seas. 'I want to see that world,' the princess declared. 'Then would you accept my final gift?' He asked, knowing all too well she would agree. 'Of course, if it means I can finally see the world,' she said with a smile, right before the prince gave her his curse.

'Now you needn't fear the world, but I must go, I've had to for so long,' the prince said right as he took a sip from his poisoned cup. Dying right in front of her. She was stunned, the man that had painted the world for her, that saved her and opened her eyes was now dead before her. She took a sip of the cup, the pain was unbelievable, she thought she would die with him. But she was wrong, his curse was to live forever until someone could take it from him, now it was her curse to be burdened with." I took a moment to start eating.

Euphy: "Is that how it ends?"

(F/N): "No." I answered after having a few bites. "She went home, pained by what happened, only to find that her mother was no longer there. She had gone on to the other side in her daughter's absence. The princess was now alone. Decade after decade, as the world changed she remained the same. In her eyes, the world was grey and there was no reason now to see it if it meant she was now all alone. One day, she happened to be walking across a bridge and looked over the rails. Climbing over it, she looked down below to the cold water below. 'Could this please end?' She asked, and fate, being ever so cruel gave her what she wanted.

A boy happened to be on that same bridge and saw the princess on the other side of the rails. He ran to her, called for her, but she couldn't hear him. Not until he wrapped his arms around her and pleaded for her not to jump. The princess looked back and the world started to fill with colors again. 'Why would you stop me?' She asked. 'What else was I supposed to do?' He retorted. The princess, interested in the boy, asked him 'Would you bear a curse for me if it meant saving me?' Confused, the boy still answered, 'If it means you won't throw your life away, then whatever makes you happy.'

His words then bounded them to a contract and the boy was given a wish. Of all the things he would have had, it was neither the ability to command anyone to do anything nor was it the ability to read the minds of anyone around him. No, the wish he gained was seeing the fate of those he gazed at. Then one night, the wish devoured him. Gazing into a mirror, he saw his fate repeated over and over, putting him in a dream-like sleep. It was only thanks to the witch in his dreams that his sleep did break and he realized it wasn't a wish he had, but the makings of a curse."

C.C.: "There you are." She called out annoyed as she walked over to us. "You could have been more specific than just the beach." Euphy looked at her then back at me.

Euphy: "Who is she?"

(F/N): "She's the witch I'm indebted to, she's also the one from the phone, the friend I mentioned."

C.C.: "Calling me a witch, rather rude for someone who made me come here unnoticed by the others."

(F/N): "Sorry sorry, I know I'm asking a lot from you, but I can't ask D.D. to do it all the time. That would be unfair." C.C. brought out her sidearm and pointed it at her head, pulling the trigger immediately.

Euphy: "She... she just..." She stammered, horrified, she got up and went over to her. "Why did she do that?"

(F/N): "Because the Witch and the Princess of the Black Knights share two things in common. The first is that they both used to have a Geass, the second is that they were both tricked into exchanging it for immortality."

Euphy: "That's insane, that's-"

C.C.: "The truth." She said as she got up. "Never ask me to do that again."

Euphy: "But... how?"

C.C.: "Are you hard of hearing? Or are you simply ignoring what he told you?" Euphy looked back to me.

(F/N): "Before, when I said all these years, what I meant was, after reliving the same years over and over again, I couldn't see you as anyone other than Euphy." Euphy came back over and sat down at the fire.

Euphy: "Please, tell me everything, I'm listening."

(F/N): "Where do you want me to start? Four hundred years of the same two years is a lot of time to cover." C.C. sat next to me.

Euphy: "Then tell me what made you decide to become who you are? In our last call, you said you decided who you would be, but you didn't say how you decided."

(F/N): "Then I guess we'll have to start with all the death I saw." I looked back at the fire and threw a stick on it. "Shirley, Kallen, Lelouch, Nunnally, Suzaku. A lot of things became clear. If Lelouch wasn't forced to stop and Rolo wasn't killed, Shirley would die. If the Second Black Rebellion didn't happen on time, Gino wasn't there, and Nunnally wasn't Viceroy then Kallen would die. Lelouch always ended up dying if he kept the mask of Zero and fought against Schneizel."

Euphy: "Are you saying Schneizel would kill our own brother?"

(F/N): "Schneizel is not a caring big brother, he would have accepted your death if it meant killing me. Hell, some times he successfully kills your sister Cornelia."

Euphy: "That's..." She lowered her head, the truth was heavy.

(F/N): "Not long from now, you would suggest the Special Administrative Zone of Japan to your brother as a way of achieving the peaceful and gentle world I seek. In hopes that not only would it make me return, but also to end the hostilities between the Japanese and Britannians."

Euphy: "Would it?  Would it do that?"

(F/N): "It would, but it would undermine the support the Black Knights have. Schneizel is a smart man, by using your idea, he makes it to where we have no choice but to accept, otherwise we're hypocrites. Either way, it weakens if not destroys the Black Knights."

Euphy: "Is that such a bad thing? Wouldn't that mean you could go back home? And live your life with friends and family?"

(F/N): "One thing I learned from those four hundred years. Britannia cannot be changed from within. Sure, you're a kind-hearted princess and perhaps Schneizel isn't so bad if you forget a few major things, but what about the rest of your family? Can you sit there and tell me that no one in your family, no member of the nobility, would be against such a policy of equality? To be blunt, your sisters Guinevere and Carine are both so horrible that they can barely be called people. Clovis literally ordered a massacre in Shinjuku, your sister was going to do the same in Saitama. Now Marrybell isn't bad, and Odysseus is so much a puppet of Schneizel's I can't call him anything other than a tool."

Euphy: "And what are your thoughts on me then?" She asked with her head still low.

(F/N): "I think you're naive, the same as Nunnally. Which, when compared to what I've said so far, really isn't saying a lot." I lower my gaze to the sand. "My curse is the knowledge I've gained through my Geass... I can somewhat understand these two now, C.C. and D.D., the pain of living so long. You get used to death at a certain point, you given forget why you used to cry for them. That's why I loved that day I forgot everything. Being around you, Suzaku, the others, as the meanings reattached to the words, I was reminded of how I felt in the beginning. Can you guess how many times I saw you die?"

Euphy: "No, I don't think I can. Accepting all of this is hard in its own right, imagining my death how many times? I can't even begin to think about it. But I think I've learned something about you from everything you've told me." I heard her come over, she kneeled down and raised my head, her eyes, somehow still innocent, looked deeply into mine. "You have a lot of good memories that never came true, am I right?" My vision blurred.

(F/N): "Yes... yes I do. Some as your friend, and some as your Knight... I do." This time, I was the one to cry on the shoulders of another. "We would sneak out some nights to explore the settlement. We had picnics with Lelouch and Nunnally. We even worked together on the Administrative Zones... so many unrealized dreams. So many people I want to save, not out of love, but out of payment for all the wonderful memories, even if they aren't real."

Euphy: "You left with all of this bottled up and kept it to yourself."

(F/N): "If I didn't leave, I would have stayed and abandoned it all. I couldn't afford to do that, not if I wanted to make things better."

Euphy: "(F/N)." She moved so we faced each other. "Promise me, after you do that, you'll come back." I moved to a kneeling position and took her hand.

(F/N): "I can promise a better world, I can promise that I'll never harm Suzaku, Lelouch, Nunnally, or Cornelia. But I can't promise something I know I can't fulfill. I'm sorry, but that's how it is."

Euphy: "Then promise me you'll be safe." I could hear it in her words.

(F/N): "I'm sorry."

Euphy: "Promise me you'll try." How much she cared.

(F/N): "I'm sorry."

Euphy: "Then... that's an order. I, Euphemia li Britannia, order you to come back alive."

(F/N): "I'm sorry, but I can't follow that order."

C.C.: "Can you both end it for tonight? I'm getting tired of listening to you two go back and forth."

Euphy: "I'm trying to make sure he comes back safe."

C.C.: "Then why not offer to help Zero and do that?"

Euphy: "Help Zero?" She repeated as if the thought never occurred to her.

C.C.: "It's a better solution than you two going on and on all night about this."

(F/N): "There wasn't any pizza on the sub, was there?"

C.C.: "No, so I expect you have one made when we get back. Now lie down."

(F/N): "What?" C.C. proceeded to push me down onto the sand and used me as a bed. "Could you at least let me put on some of my clothes?"

C.C.: "No, consider sleeping on the sand additional payment for that display earlier."

(F/N): "What's the rest of the payment?"

C.C.: "Pizza."

(F/N): "Of course it's the pizza. Well, Euphy, feel free to use the cape as a blanket to lie on, the night isn't going to get any more comfortable than this." Euphy did so, the two of us gazed at the fire, after some time she spoke up quietly.

Euphy: "(F/N)."

(F/N): "Yes?"

Euphy: "How can I help?"

(F/N): "I would say... that depends. Help me, or help Zero?"

Euphy: "Both, if I can."

(F/N): "Well, keeping my identity a secret is enough. But if you want to help Zero... I don't think I can ask."

Euphy: "Is it something dangerous?"

(F/N): "I would ask you to do what you think is right."

Euphy: "But how would that help you?"

(F/N): "I don't know. Maybe the Administrative Zone won't be such a bad thing if you really go through with it." Euphy rolled onto her back to look at the stars.

Euphy: "You're not telling me everything. That's how I feel after everything you've said. Which is why I can't understand why you can't be honest with me now when I'm offering to help."

(F/N): "Because... I didn't want to say that's where you died." Euphy slightly turned her head, her mouth slightly open. "If Lelouch is Zero and measures aren't taken, he loses control of his Geass. The end result? He orders you to kill all Japanese by accident. It becomes a massacre, scarring many people, and in the worse possible cases, you kill Suzaku."

Euphy: "I... kill him?"

(F/N): "When C.C. isn't there but someone else is, he is the first to be shot. I could never tell you that, never at your deathbed, not as your Knight."

Euphy: "And even now you didn't want to say it after saying everything else."

(F/N): "Because you'll be burdened enough keeping everything I've said a secret from everyone." Euphy looked back up at the sky.

Euphy: "Tell me, were you ever more than my Knight?"

(F/N): "Only once, it cost me my life in the end, but I would gladly give it again for all of those happy memories. We should get some sleep, tomorrow we'll be parting ways again."

Eventually, despite the sand underneath and the body laying on top of me providing minimal warmth, I managed to get in some sleep. Awakened only when C.C. lightly slapped my face a few times, much to Euphy's objection to the action. I didn't care and covered my eyes as I looked toward the ocean and the rising sun. With the three of us awake, it was time for us to go. I informed Euphy about what would happen, telling her that after we confront Suzaku and step on the stone platform it will fall into a cave where her brother Schneizel will be alongside Britannian forces. Soon after this, the Chinese Federation will attack Kyushu under the guise of the Japanese flag.

When asked why I would tell her this, I simply remarked that I enjoyed speaking with her and didn't want her to worry about what would happen there. As her former Knight of Honor, I'd protect Area Eleven, the home of the people I care about. As we reached our destination, I reminded her that I would never do anything to harm her, and Suzaku knew that. Which is why I had C.C. place her gun against Euphy's back and told her to play along. Putting the mask on and walking out from the forest, so too did Suzaku and Kallen.

Euphy: "Suzaku."

Suzaku: "Princess Euphemia." He stepped closer.

Zero: "I wouldn't move if I were you." I snapped my fingers and C.C. brought the gun to Euphy's head.

Suzaku: "You wouldn't..." Kallen began to step over her arm binds.

Zero: "Wouldn't I? You said it yourself that I was a murderer, perhaps you were right all along. Or perhaps you don't understand the value of underhanded tactics, like distraction." Kallen threw her arms over Suzaku, still in binds.

Euphy: "Leave him alone!" She yelled as Suzaku struggled with Kallen.

Kallen: "Shut up you royal puppet, you're useless! You can't think for yourself or do anything on your own!"

Euphy: "What?!" She responded, genuinely offended. "I'm not afraid of you and I don't care what happens to me, Suzaku, I command you to fight." Suzaku broke free right on cue.

Suzaku: "With pleasure!" C.C. and I dodged him and went over to Kallen's side.

Zero: "Thanks."

The ground lit with the red mark of Geass in reaction to my and C.C.'s presence, the stone slab began to descend into the cave below where the Thought Elevator was. C.C. quickly undid Kallen's binds and as the dust cleared, Lloyd called out Suzaku's name while Bartley called out for the soldiers not to shoot, then stood in shock at the sight of C.C., who glared at him before the three of us rushed to the Knightmare behind us, Gawain. C.C. and I took the two pilot seats, as Kallen knocked out one of the soldiers and took his gun.

Providing cover fire while I prepared the Knightmare, Kallen jumped onto the shoulder of the Gawain. C.C. asked if everything was alright, so I assured her that everything was going as planned. After all, phase four was to steal this Frame. Ignoring Prince Schneizel, I rode the Gawain forward toward the exit and told Kallen to hang on tight. Activating the float system, as soon as we exited the cave I made us airborne, which amazed Kallen. Out of the reach of the Sutherlands, I contacted Ohgi and received a report on what happened. Kallen was happy to hear the Guren was recovered. As for C.C., she remained quiet.

Zero: "Is something wrong?"

C.C.: "You really are evil."

Zero: "I'm afraid you'll have to explain what you mean this time."

C.C.: "That girl, Euphemia, she really seems to care about you yet you willingly said all of that to her and struck her heart. All for some grand plan." I removed my mask.

(F/N): "C.C., I've never been more glad to say that you are wrong." She looked back for the rest of my answer. "Originally, I never planned to say everything that I did. In fact, I was going to convince her to go through with the Administrative Zone and have a purist shoot me."

C.C.: "Are you saying that there won't be a Black Rebellion now? Was it to avoid risking her life?"

(F/N): "I'm saying I don't know. There is an infinite number of things that go into making the future what it is, I can't account for all of them. So you're wrong, the only thing I'm guilty of is burdening her with the truth, that's all. I didn't say those things to get to her, I said them to be honest."

C.C.: "I see... you still have feelings for her."

(F/N): "I have rediscovered a lot of feelings after I took that fall. Feelings even for you." C.C. turned back around.

C.C.: "Oh please, how many girls do you expect to fall for that? I know you don't actually mean it."

(F/N): "Don't I? After everything I've been through, I perhaps owe you the most out of everyone. You who isn't like most." Before I could let her name escape my lips, she climbed up to my seat and stunned me with a kiss.

C.C.: "Then you better always come back, so you can repay me."

(F/N): "That... I definitely did not see coming."

C.C. moved back and placed the mask on me. It was the first time someone else put it on me in any world, making this one feel all the more special. Perhaps she is the one that's evil, trying to pull on my strings to get me to stay, to live. I couldn't fault her for that, just as I couldn't remove the smile that was now on my face. It was a gift from her, while I could turn down Euphy's request to come back, there was no way I could turn it down from her, who I owe. So I did not tell her that I wouldn't be able to repay her, all I could give was a better world for her, and the others, to live in.

Boarding the submarine, while Ohgi happily greeted our return and Kallen too was happy to be back, I warned them that there was no time to rest and rejoice. I had Rakshata begin immediate work on finishing the Hadron Cannons of the Gawain, with my assistance of course. And began the long night that was ahead as I awaited the news of Kyushu. Keeping to my word, I would make sure Euphy had nothing to worry about, I would fight with Suzaku and disregard the unknown that was becoming my future. I would move forward into tomorrow and protect the people I hold dear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 575 25
What if you could leave your old life behind and somehow love in another? Well I did... One simple wish and one simple drawing turned my whole world...
57.5K 1.1K 22
You know what happened that day, the day that Euphemia gave the order to kill the Japanese. That was over a year ago but to you, it felt like yesterd...
45.1K 886 50
A new world. A new ruler. Lelouch Lamperouge forces his way to create a better world for his sister, Nunally. With the witch's, CC, and the Black Kn...
43.9K 1.4K 25
This is a Code Geass fanfic featuring Suzaku x Lelouch~ The story is placed after the end of season 2 so if you haven't watched and don't want spoile...