Chapter 14: A Broadcasted Move

With the Black Knights at my disposal, it was time to slowly make our move. We targeted a select group of Refrain dealers and allowed rumors to spread our name through the ghettos before it eventually reached the settlement. However, we did not announce ourselves yet, which was a point Ohgi brought up when he came to speak with me. The others were wondering why we hadn't taken credit for the attacks on the drug dealers. I had told him that we needed to make a grand appearance if we wanted to stick into the minds of people.

To make sure they would keep from saying too much to others outside our order, I told Ohgi to assure the others that my information has led me to believe the perfect opportunity was going to present itself soon. He agreed to tell the others and get them to wait until then. D.D. and C.C. would be needed again, this time the plan would be simpler and require only some deception. When the day came, I watched the live news report of the hostage situation at Lake Kawaguchi. Kallen, who I had admittingly been avoiding, was there with the others and saw the hostages that were taken. Including the members of the Student Council, Milly, Nina, and Shirley.

My eyes focused on trying to see a person further in the back of the group, Princess Euphemia, who I couldn't see due to the people in the way. I stood from the couch and asked D.D. if everything was in place, when she nodded I told the others that today we were going to have the world learn of us. All we had to do was save the hostages. There was a shocked reaction to the declaration, as that meant we would be going against the Japan Liberation Front. When Tamaki voiced that and asked why we would help Britannians I harkened back to what I said to Ohgi.

Zero: "Innocent people are not defined by being either Japanese or Britannian. The JLF has committed an act of terrorism, not one of war and certainly not one of justice."

Kallen: "Justice?"

Zero: "Yes, for that is our cause. Innocent people will never rally behind a group of terrorists. But knights of justice, well, that's something both the Japanese and Britannians can stand behind." I stared at Tamaki. "That is if you're willing to stand up for the innocent Britannians as you would the Japanese."

Ohgi: "I think he's right. If they were soldiers I could understand, but they aren't, there are students there that have nothing to do with the fight between us and the Britannians."

Tamaki: "Alright, say we agree to save them, how the hell are we going to do that? It's not like we can drive up to the front of the hotel, all the bridges are closed to it."

Minami: "He's right, the only way to it is the main bridge and the military is there."

D.D.: "Didn't you hear what he asked me?"

Tamaki: "What, the Princess has a plan prepared?" D.D. smiled at him with a death glare.

Zero: "You already stated the plan. We use the main bridge." Everyone was shocked silent from the implication that we'd get past the military.

Kallen: "We only have one Knightmare, how are we supposed to break through the military and get there?"

Ohgi: "I think we'd understand better if you could elaborate clearly."

Zero: "Then listen closely."

Later on in the day when night came, after I explained the plan, we moved to Lake Kawaguchi where D.D. borrowed one of the news vans. The others were nervous and C.C. wasn't pleased with her part. When we get to the hotel, she was to meet Kusakabe, the leader of the group holding the hostages, as a decoy while I rescued the civilians with Ohgi. The rest would plant explosives at key locations, as they originally had. But first, we had to get past Cornelia and she would not be happy to see me. The floodlights hit me as I stood atop the van as we slowly approached the main bridge, when we got close Cornelia and her guard moved in to block us, forcing the van to stop and be surrounded by Knightmares.