Chapter 11: Dealing With The Demon & Witch

Within the nine months that have past, D.D. and I continued to work and refine our plan of action. I relied heavily on her to help me break free from my Geass, as for one hour every night I had her watch over me. Not knowing enough about future technologies and needing to gather more information on certain people, I had no choice but to rely on my Geass for this. I had D.D. apply for Ashford Academy so she could stay close to me and so that she could move around the campus without issue.

Thankfully, her application went through without incident and we arrived at our new home in the place formally known as Japan. Every night I would go through different approaches with Lelouch and C.C. until I found one that led to the 'best' outcome. Meaning it took me around fifty out of over two hundred varying attempts, some of which were slightly different due to uncontrollable variables, to work out how to get them to trust us. This actually led to C.C. helping us with our plan, despite how insane it sounded for her to hear that she wasn't the real C.C. but one produced by my Geass.

Lelouch wasn't as keen on the idea that his world wasn't the real one, as that would mean his reason for living wasn't real as well and everything he had done and will do was meaningless. It was a challenge to convince him that, by helping me, it would result in not only saving Nunnally from all the problems in the future but also allow him to be with her in a happier world. C.C. thankfully pushed him by saying that I could also save Shirley and Euphy with his help. I'm not sure how many times we went over the same conversations, but it was enough that they were ingrained in my head.

D.D.: "Are you okay?" She asked with my head resting on her lap, we were home in her room and the stars were out.

(F/N): "Yeah, thanks to you, it's become easier to turn it off at will."

D.D.: "How was it this time?"

(F/N): "Better." D.D. combed her fingers through my hair. "I wasn't going to ask, but do you mind if we don't go to sleep tonight?" D.D. let out a huff.

D.D.: "Of all the nights to suggest such a thing, you pick the one before we're to meet C.C. and speak with her."

(F/N): "I'm not hearing a no in that response."

D.D.: "And you didn't hear a yes either." She patted my head before removing her legs from under my head. "Who were you investigating this time around?"

(F/N): "Anya Alstreim the Knight of Six and Nonette the Knight of Nine."

D.D.: "You're still trying to figure out a way to get her on your side." She stated correctly as she put herself to bed.

(F/N): "After several tests, I now have a firm grasp on how important Anya's memories are to her and what is important to Nonette." I crawled over to her on the bed.

D.D.: "And what about Gino?" She asked, lying on her side to face me. "He's on the same list as those two."

(F/N): "Through my interactions with Anya, I learned enough to know changing Gino's mind isn't easy. Not impossible, but it's not worth the trouble. This means we're done planning for now, or as Lelouch would say, all tasks at hand have been cleared."

D.D.: "How was Lelouch this time around? You're still playing chess with him?"

(F/N): "He was fine, still in the lead... annoyingly." I rolled on my back, my head on the second set of pillows.

D.D.: "It takes practice to be great at chess, so it's only natural that you would lose the first dozen games."

(F/N): "Hey, I managed to stalemate a few of those games."

D.D.: "(F/N)."

(F/N): "Yes?" I turned my head to see her.

D.D.: "What I wanted to say after that was, despite your thoughts and feelings at first, you've done well to work hard and improve yourself over the past months."