Epilogue: Tomorrow

One month has gone by since the Battle of Mount Fuji and the world is still at peace. I had kept my promise to Kallen and returned to Ashford with her once we dealt with the countries that accepted bribes. They weren't harshly punished, but an eye was kept on them. Back to Ashford, the two of us weren't the only ones to return. Lelouch, Suzaku, and Nunnally also returned to finish their schooling when Euphy suggested it to them. Of course, having so many important people in one place draws a lot of attention, so the academy has more security measures than it did before.

Ms. Kozuki: "Mr. Crowel, breakfast is ready." She said while knocking on the door to my room. "The others have already left for school." I jumped out of bed to my feet and ran to my door.

(F/N): "They what?! Again?"

Ms. Kozuki: "Sorry."

(F/N): "It's fine, they're just trying to give me the kick I need." I quickly got dressed in my school uniform and ran downstairs where my parents were still eating.

Conor: "Your hairs on wrong." I didn't think for a second and grabbed my hair.

Catherine: "Someone still needs to wake up."

(F/N): "Yeah yeah, very funny." I took a bite out of everything on my plate before chugging down some coffee. "Okay, need to catch up with them, love you both and see you later."

Running out the front door, this had become something of a routine as of late. C.C. and D.D. started it after I first complained about going back to Ashford. Then Kallen joined in on it and asked her mother to wake me up at the last minute. Going back to Ashford wasn't that bad, shortly after we did Milly came back to fill in for her grandfather, the headmaster of the school, after he threw his back out and had been in the hospital ever since. That made things interesting and was a welcomed surprise to everyone.

Now, as for why C.C. and D.D. are going to school with us, they never told me why. But they made sure that we were all in the same class, which led me to believe they had something to do with the headmaster's hospitalization. I couldn't prove it, but I didn't doubt they would. Back to running, I finally managed to catch up with them at the gate, only because they were waiting there for me. Heading to class we took our normal seats and waited for the new teacher that was announced a few days ago, as the previous one was on maternity leave.

(F/N): "I know I said this before, but why does the leader of the Black Knights have to go to school?" I asked, leaned in my chair.

Suzaku: "It's exactly because you're a leader that you have to set an example." He said from the other side of Lelouch, who sat between us. "Besides, what did you think Kallen meant when she asked you to come back to Ashford?" I groaned.

Milly: "Everyone!" She got the class's attention as she walked in. "I'd like to introduce you to your new teacher." The man who walked in made my jaw drop.

Jeremiah: "Good morning students, my name is-" I slammed the table as I stood.

(F/N): "Jeremiah Gottwald, you were supposed to die at Narita!"

Milly: "(F/N), that's not something you should say to your new teacher."

Jeremiah: "No, he's quite right. In truth, I barely survived that and for a time lost my memories. I wandered from the debris and became lost for a time. It was Maria, my savior, that I have to thank as she took me in until I recovered."

(F/N): "So... you're not here to kill us?"

Jeremiah: "Certainly not, once I heard that Lady Marianne's children were schooling here I wished nothing more than to continue my service to them and to repay my savior." I looked over to Kallen who shrugged, even Lelouch didn't know what to say.

(F/N): "Well, okay then." Probably shouldn't tell him that we killed Marianne.

Milly: "With that out of the way, I hope you all get along."

Honestly, this isn't the most unusual thing to happen. Both Ohgi and Nonette became teachers here, with Nonette taking on physical education and Ohgi teaching history. Gino and Anya ended up attending as students with us. Kaguya as well, when she is in Japan. Speaking of work, my father now works with Tohdoh and Cornelia, which strangely makes me the boss of my father. My mother quit working and has taken it upon herself and Ms. Kozuki to write a biography on me and Kallen from a mother's perspective.

Cornelia over time became more friendly, well, as friendly as someone like Cornelia can be. But it was an improvement. Shirley and Lelouch are going steady, though sometimes Lelouch needs a nudge in the right direction. Nunnally has been smiling more, even when people aren't around. Sayoko returned to her service, both as a maid and a bodyguard. Overall, it was a good sense of normalcy that we all enjoyed. During our lunch break, I went to the rooftop to think about that.

C.C.: "There you are." She said as she walked over to me. "You said you'd be back to eat, but lunch is already halfway over."

(F/N): "C.C., do you like how things are now?"

C.C.: "What a strange question." She wrapped her arms around me, laying her head against me. "Of course I do. Every day I get to have pizza, relax however I want, and I get to bother you."

(F/N): "And here I was hoping your favorite part was sleeping together."

C.C.: "That's a part of the second and third."

(F/N): "You know, letting go of all those memories... it makes Ashford such a happier place."

C.C.: "I'm sure it does." Her arms tightened. "I never said it as you predicted, but you are the biggest fool I have ever met, and I'm happy that I stayed with you."

Anya: "Found them." I looked back to see the others found us and had brought a blanket and bags of food.

C.C.: "You all took your time."

D.D.: "We did have to wait for delivery."

Lelouch: "So this is where you were hiding." He said as he stood beside me. "Thinking about something?"

(F/N): "No, just forgetting the past to enjoy the present."

Sayoko: "Sorry we're late." She said bringing Nunnally out, with Jeremiah tagging along behind.

Jeremiah: "I hope you do not mind if I join you all."

Suzaku: "The more the merrier, right?"

Kallen: "We're not enemies anymore, so I don't see a problem."

That was true, we weren't enemies anymore and the fighting was long over. Now the greatest issues I faced weren't armies or politics, for the most part, but what gifts I was going to give for birthdays and how I planned to spend time with everyone. Whether it be doing classwork together, going on dates, traveling, or having lunch with a man I could have sworn was dead. But, I can be wrong, as anyone can be even with the power of Geass. And at this point, any problem that came from being wrong was a problem for another day.

D.D.: "A chance of fate, an honest heart, and commitment. What more do you need to change the world and your future?"

C.C.: "I would say, to know who you are and to have trust in those that are around you. That or love."

D.D.: "Love? Yes... I think that is it."

The year was 2018, and the world had changed thanks to a man and those that followed him onward into a better tomorrow.