Chapter 7: Deviation By Gunpoint

Lloyd informed Suzaku and I that we would be working with Cornelia in the next operation. Despite saying it was bad news, Lloyd didn't hide his smile and spoke carefree as usual, he clearly wanted to see the Lionel and Lancelot in action. Not caring if it was an acknowledgment of abilities or simply for us to play decoy. To which Cecile reined him in by asking if he needed another lesson in proper social etiquette. Personally, I didn't mind Lloyd's insensitive nature, I also wanted to see the Lionel in action.

My Knightmare was equipped with two auxiliary Energy Fillers and a prototype version of the Blaze Luminous system that can cover the whole body, acting as a shield for those behind it. Its mass was slightly larger than the Lancelot, but it could still keep up with its fellow Knightmare in terms of speed and agility. Additionally, it was fitted so it could carry a spare pair of Maser Vibration Swords, since replacing the VARIS would cost more. Like the Lancelot, it was fitted with four Slash Harkens and the standard systems. It was the first seventh-generation Knightmare Frame designed for combat support, and its first mission was a one-sided fight.

Port Yokosuka, the place where the JLF dies for good. When we arrived most of the forces were already set up in their positions around the dock. We parked the transport in the warehouse we were told to and started prep work on the Knightmares. While I was working on the Lionel, I overheard Andreas Darlton talking to Suzaku about his usefulness and about his father, the former Prime Minister of Japan. The father Suzaku killed as a child. I felt for my sidearm, I usually left it in the locker, but I would be needing it for tonight. He continued with mentioning the operation, that the target was Katase and that the two of us would be providing supporting fire from the shore until the Marines have him. Once he left, I looked over to Suzaku, who stood there conflicted.

(F/N): "Don't think about it too much, it will help you deal with it until the operation is over."

Lloyd: "Ah, the line of a good soldier that follows orders." He said, stepping out of the transport. "How are the systems checking out?"

(F/N): "They're all green from what I'm seeing."

Suzaku: "(F/N), are you fine with that, killing them all but the target?" I leaned back in the seat of the Lionel.

(F/N): "I don't like how loaded that question is, but I think the answer should be obvious."

I didn't give him a straight answer and as the sun finally set and the stars came out, we moved our Knightmares out with the others. We stood with Sutherlands waiting for Cornelia to declare the start of the operation. When she did, we moved out to our positions as the Portmans dove underwater. In view of the tanker that the JLF filled with liquid Sakuradite, we began giving supporting fire. Pecking off the JLF soldiers that were stood on the deck of the ship. I could hear Suzaku over the ASEEC's coms refer to this as a wholesale slaughter, to which I reiterated what I said before about not thinking about it. Cecile, reminding him that he is a soldier, supported what I said.

When they announced they were surrendering, Suzaku stopped firing and relayed the surrender. He was promptly told to ignore it right before the ship began to move. I didn't stop shooting because I knew in a mere moment they were all going to die. Sakuradite is explosive, that's why they wanted us to be careful while providing supporting fire. Underwater, right under the ship now, was a bomb. With its explosion, the liquid Sakuradite is set off, causing a large pink explosion to completely engulf the ship. The effects of the explosion weren't minor, the water rose around the area it engulfed before the force of it sent out strong winds and waves. With my Blaze Luminous system, I managed to cover two of the Sutherlands that were with us, while Suzaku managed to stay grounded. One of the other Sutherlands wasn't so lucky and was sent flying back.