Promises (Jack Gilinsky)

By foreverhalloweeny

Jack Gilinsky is the popular guy in school who always gets the girl. Charlotte Williamson the shy, quiet, new... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Author's Note
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Just another authors note
Chapter 66
I'M STILL ALIVE
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 64

8.4K 170 139
By foreverhalloweeny

You guys are gonna hate me:)

Charlotte's POV:

My eyes open to the sound of my phone buzzing by my ear. As they do, I realize that I'm not in my bed. I'm still on the dock.

I immediately sit up when I realize that it's night. I have no clue what time it is so I grab my phone to check. That's when I see the phone call and text that woke me up. Both are from Sam.

I open my phone to read the message and my heart nearly stops when I do.

"You need to get to the hospital as soon as possible"

I don't take a second to think about it. I just run. I don't bother grabbing anything that I left lying there. It can wait.

The trek through the woods, which usually at least takes fifteen minutes for me, takes me just a couple minutes this time. Before I know it, I'm in my car, slamming the gas pedal down as far as I can.

Right now, getting pulled over is the least of my worries. I know I'm going at least forty over the speed limit, but If like to think that I have a good reason.

After too long, I pull up to the front of the hospital. I ditch my car right in front and dash through the front doors.

I know that the elevators are way too slow, so I don't even bother. Stairs are much quicker. So, I run as fast as my legs can carry me up the stairs. I'm trying my best not to think of what's going on, mostly because it's either really good or really bad. But with my luck, it's bad.

I fly through the door to the staircase and into the main area of the floor. I immediately see doctors rushing in and out of rooms. My breath gets caught in my throat when I see that it's mainly the area where Jack's room is.

"Charlotte!" I hear someone call. I jerk my head around to see Sammy running towards me.

I run right into his arms which were welcoming to me. I don't even know what's going on yet, but I just need someone to comfort me.

The comforting doesn't last long. I pull back from Sam and grab his arms, looking him right in the eyes. "Sam, what the fuck is going on?" I say loud enough that it's closer to yelling.

His eyes immediately fill with regret and it scares me. I even think I see tears just starting to gloss his eyes. He opens his mouth, moving it a little as he tries to find what to say. But nothing comes out.

I turn away from him, way too determined to deal with anything other than Jack. I run down the hallway towards the room. I start to hear someone screaming and yelling at somebody else.. At first, I can't tell if it's a doctor or not, but it takes just a second for me to recognize that voice. It's Johnson.

Pushing everyone in the hall to te side, I rush to get there. Even though it's just around the corner of the hall, I'm pretty sure it's taking years to get there. That's what it feels like at least.

Finally, I find it. When I do, I run in, not letting any doctor or nurse get in my way.

Johnson doesn't see me. But I see him as clear as daylight. And what I see scares me. The boy who has always been known as the calm, cool, collected one has turned into something unrecognizable.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE! DO SOMETHING." He hells to the main doctor who has been taking care of Jack this whole time.

"Mr. Johnson, please calm down. We're trying our best." The doctor says calmly, though you can hear the slightest bit of panic in his voice.

"WELL TRY HARDER!" Johnson yells again. Seeing him like this has to be the scariest thing I've seen in awhile.

"We are doing all we can."

"ARE YOU STUPID? MY BEST FRIEND IS DYING AND YOUR JUST STANDING THERE LOOKING AT HIM!"

That sentence confirmed my prediction.

"Jack." I say quietly, not able to raise my voice at all due to the shakiness in it. I'm not sure whether I'm trying to talk to my Jack or Johnson, but I just need to find out what all is happening.

Even through all of the beeping of machines and loud footsteps of doctors and nurses coming in and out, Johsnon somehow hears me.

"Charlotte." He says just as loud as I had said his name. Johnson follows in Sam's actions and comes over to me, wrapping me tightly in his arms.

"What's happening?" I ask, try not to choke up any tears. I don't bother pulling away from him. After all, his arms are probably the safest place I could be right now.

But he pulls back from me. When he does, he has the same look on his face that Sam had. "Charlotte... come here." He takes my hand and pulls me out into the hallway, away from all the machines and people. I never even looked at Jack. I don't know if it was because I wasn't thinking, or if it was because I didn't have enough will power, but I just didn't.

"Johnson, what's going on with Jack?" I abruptly stop him so that he doesn't pull me any further than a foot outside of the room. I'm trying not to cry, but I doubt that it will work much longer.

He runs his hand through his hair, obviously trying to figure out how to break the bad news to me. "Charlotte..." he stops and sighs.

"Just tell me. If you don't then I'll just go right back in there and find out for myself." I threaten. I'm as anxious as I've ever been before, and he's making it worse by not telling me right away.

"Okay, before you do anything, just listen." he starts.

I nod my head a bit slowly, waiting for the worst part to come.

He begins again. "Charlotte... he's not okay. Something happened, I don't know what, but it's pretty serious. It doesn't look good."

"He- He's dying?" I stutter out. Johnson looks at me with incredible sadness. By this point, I've lost it.

"No," I say." He's not dying. You're lying." I start to back away from Johnson into the room. I'm not sure where my mind has gone, but it's not in my in my head.

"Charlotte, please don't do this." He says, taking a step forward, trying to stop me.

"NO," I yell. "HES NOT DYING. YOU'RE A FUCKING LIAR!" All logic that ever existed in my head is now gone. I know that Johnson would never lie to me, especially not about this. But this must be denial at its finest.

I quickly turn into the room again, this time looking straight at my boyfriend. What I see makes me want to scream. He looks so pale. So alone. So broken...

I look at the heart rate monitor, only to see that his heart is racing. I know that's not good. But I can't process it. All of this is too much. He's not dead yet, but for all I know, he could die right now.

My head is spinning in all different directions. I hear people talking but I don't know what they're saying. And I don't care. I feel so lightheaded, as if I could faint right here and now. But I won't. I refuse. Jack needs me now more than ever. Im not going anywhere. I push past everyone in the room to get to him. I don't know where Jack's family is now, but I almost wish they were here.

I kneel down beside Jack's bed, taking his cold hand in both of mine. I shiver at his touch, but don't let go.

"Excuse me miss, but who are you?" one of the nurses in the room asks me.

"I'm his girl friend." I say motioning my hand towards Jack. "And I swear if you try to get me to leave then I will beat the living shit out of you." I say with a dead serious look on my face. The nurse slowly turns away and I focus my attention back on Jack.

"Jack, baby, please. I know you can hear me." I start to speak softly to him, though I know that my voice sounds so panicked right now. "Hold on. Don't leave me. Please. Just keep fighting. I know it's hard, but don't give up. I know that I could've been a much better girlfriend and I know that it's not fair of me to ask you to keep trying, but I can't let you leave. I love you Jack. You have to know that."

Of course, being the naive girl I am, I expect something to happen. Some sort of sign that Jack will be okay. Something to tell me that we can be together again soon. But I get nothing.

My mind slowly starts to block out all of the people surrounding us, doing tests on Jack and writing stuff down or whatever. Right now, it's just me and Jack. I don't care if he can't talk to me, he's here. And he knows I'm here, somehow. That's all that matters.

But the thing is, looking at this boy makes me feel ten times worse. Knowing that he's this close to dying is terrifying. I know that he could still be okay and wake up, but how am I supposed to know?

These thoughts are slowly tearing me apart. I feel every positive thing inside of me falling down, and it makes me want to scream. But I do the only thing that I can think of doing right now. I just bury my head into Jack's chest. I only wish he could wrap his arms around me like he's done so many times before.

I try my best to relax as I hear his breath and feel his chest rising ever so slightly. This is the only thing that is ensuring me that he is breathing right now.

But something's wrong. His chest starts to rise slower suddenly. It's becomes less and less...

And then it stops.

My head bolts up. I look at Jack, and he looks almost paler than before. Then I hear it. The long beep on the machine. The beep that everybody knows means that the person connected to it doesn't have a heart beat. The beep that is so famous for showing that someone's dead.

I try to scream, but nothing comes out. All of the doctors and nurses rush in again.

Is this real life? It can't be. Everything feels like a dream. But it's not. Yet, it doesn't feel like this is happening. Suddenly, my breathing starts increasing rapidly. My head starts pounding. Reality has hit me.

"Jack, please don't do this." I say through my breaths. My tears are flowing now. Doctors are trying to push me away, but I won't budge. I start panicking again.

"Jack do not do this. You can't leave!" I start to raise my voice, thinking that it will for some reason do something. I start to scream at the doctors, telling them to do something. Begging them to save Jack.

One of the doctors turns to me. "Miss, I think you should exit the room." he says.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL HE'S BREATHING AGAIN!" I scream.

Then, I feel arms wrap around me and pick me up. I know immediately who it is.

"JOHNSON, LET ME DOWN!" I yell, frantically squirming, trying to escape. But I ultimately fail. He begins to carry me out of the room.

"NO, GOD NO! JACK WAKE UP!PLEASE DONT DO THIS! NO! NO!

Throughout my screams and cries and squirms, Johnson continues to carry me. He rushes down the hallway with me into the waiting room where I spent days before.

He sets me into a chair and kneels in front of me. I'm still screaming. I try to stand and run, but he just pushes me back down.

"Charlotte, stop!" He demands. He pins my hands to the chair so that I start to squirm less. It eventually works. He has to put his hand over my mouth to quiet me. After a minute, I give in.

I look at Johnson's face. This whole time, while I thought he was trying to stay calm, he's been crying just as much as I have. It's tearing me apart seeing him like this again. I instantly throw my arms around his neck, trying my best to pretend this isn't real. But I know that it is.

Johnson wraps his arms around me, tighter than he ever has before.

"He's dead. He's not coming back this time. He's dead..." I cry into Johnson's shirt.

"Shhhh, it's okay, it's gonna be okay." he whispers as his hand rubs my back.

"It's not gonna be okay." I argue, pulling back so I can look at Johnson, my tears still soaking my face. "He's gone."

"Charlotte, they're trying to save him right now. For all we know, he could be awake and breathing."

I find it hard to believe these words. The chances of that happening seem so slim right now. So, instead of saying anything, I just keep crying.

Johnson gets up and sits in the chair next to me. He puts his arms back around me as I lean into his shoulder. I cry for way too long, but don't give a shit anymore. I deserve to react however I want.

All of the guys enter the room. Sam, Nash, Cameron, Matt, Shawn, Carter, Aaron, Taylor, Hayes, and Mahogany. Yep, the gang's all here. Except for one...

After a period of nothing but silence, Jack's doctor enters the room. He sits down across from me to give me the news that I knew was coming.

He exited the room, leaving us all to react however we needed to. There were more tears. There were more cries. There were more heartbreaks.

He's really gone. The boy that I've come to love and trust with all my life is gone. He's always been apart of this group, much longer than I have, and now look at us. It's not complete. You can twist it however you want, but there will always be one more empty seat at the lunch table. One more empty room in the Gilinsky's house. One more empty seat in the car whenever we go somewhere. And it's supposed to be Jack's.

Looking around, I don't see any dry eyes in the room Of course, the boys tried to be strong, but it didn't last. They all broke down eventually. And of course Mahogany reacted the same way I did.

But the saddest one to see had to be Hayes. When you see Hayes, it doesn't mater how much younger he seems, he just is this happy, tough guy that can't be broken. Now, he's sitting here, sobbing his eyes out because one of his best friends, who was practically his older brother, is gone. I never thought I'd have to see a teenage boy cry as much as Hayes did.

I look at Sam, the one who didn't even try to keep me from going into that room earlier to see Jack. He might not have tried, but that's because he knew it wouldn't work. He knew that after sending me that text, there was no way that he could keep me from Jack.

Eventually, my mind wanders away from the waiting room. my body remains still while my mind is in another world. A world where I can be happy no matter what, where I have no obstacles holding me back, and where I have Jack.

I just wish that this was all a dream.

-----------------------

A/n

Okay yes I cried while writing this just a little. im telling you right now that listening to sad music made it ten times worse.

BUT PLEASE DONT STOP READING JUST BECAUSE OF THIS THE STORY IS NOT OVER I HAVE PLANS TRUST ME.

I bet that a lot of you might even know what I'm doing now but if you think you do PLEASE DO NOT SAY ANYTHING OR LEAVE ANY
COMMENTS ABOUT IT BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE.

And btw when I asked the other day where all you guys live I honestly expected everyone to be from the U.S.. Idk why though. probably cuz I'm from Pennsylvania (which is in the U.S.) so I had lower expectations. But there were some of you that are from completely different places. Like there were people from Chile and Germany (if that's you you should feel special because I mentioned you). But yeah I just want to say that it feels cool to know how widespread this stuff is.

So thanks guys I'll be updating before the end of this week I PROMISE
(Well Jack PROMISED that he wouldn't leave Charlotte but look how that turned out)

OK IM SORRY I'LL LEAVE NOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552K 12.3K 37
Emily Evans and Jack Gilinsky fall madly inlove at first sight. Its almost meant to be until obstacles threaten to break them apart. They know their...
63.9K 1K 48
Jack Gilinsky has finally come face to face with the long lost girl of his teenage dreams, Hayley Alexandria Richardson.
292K 4.5K 19
Everyday, walking down the school hallways was the same. Nobody ever noticed me. I never really got too attached with anyone. It's just easier. Until...
Troubled. By ...

Fanfiction

8.2K 126 21
Sammy Wilkinson Alexis' over protective brother is keeping Alexis away from her best friend and true love Jack Gilinsky. Ever since the first Magcon...