Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Désolée
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Off the Moon
Spare Time: Strike
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Special I: Forget Me Not

2.7K 136 33
By smolestkohai

--i remember when i first mentioned writing a special, i was just a few views away from one thousand. now we're at 11k. i can not thank y'all enough for all the love and support you give. i've deadass cried reading these comments because they bring me so much joy. i've busted a fuckin gut reading these comments. i've sat at work, watching my notifications pop off from y'all voting and it just puts me over the moon. i wanna hug all of you so bad, oh my goodness. i'm so happy that y'all enjoy reading time in a tree as much as i love writing it, if not more than lmao. did i cry while writing this? not tellin. thank y'all so much. i love y'all so much. welcome to part one. 💖💖--

How dark could it be? In the early morning when not even the sun had opened its eye on your tiny home. You woke, flinging the covers from your form and peeling back the drapes of your canopy. You moved quickly, pulling your clothes from your wardrobe and dressing yourself. Something loose and breathable. You tied your pants at the waist and lightly tucked in your shirt. 

"Where'd I put my- ah! There you are." You snatched up your trusty pair of boots, hopping around as you slid them on. The birds hadn't made a peep yet but the crickets were saying their good mornings. I'm running late

Quickly, you pulled your hair back and escaped your chambers. Down the cobblestone corridors you jogged. Leaping at every lantern posted to the wall. A gentle tap to bring light into the halls of your aging palace. Every twist and turn you knew like the back of your hands as you moved forward.

The smell of breakfast filled your lungs as you made it to the kitchen. "Good morning, princess." Filled the air from the kitchen staff as they hurried around to prepare the early meal for your family. "Good morning!" You said walking in, head moving erratically to find your wicker basket.. "You all know you don't have to call me that."

"Ah, but we still want to." The baker handed you what you were searching for, you sighed, smiling. "Thank you." It was filled halfway with fresh buns. "Over here, princess." The head cook waved you over. With your basked tucked in your elbow, you moved to him, a pile of fruits to his left, and one in hand as he cut it but not all the way through. 

"I started to cut them, that way it'd be easier for the little ones." He tossed the apple he had in your basket as you put the rest in. "I've got your eggs over here, princess." Your poulterer called to you. "Thank you!" Your thanks continued to pour from your mouth as your basket was filled. Then, out the kitchen window you went. Yes, out the window, your hands gripped tightly to the uneven stones of the eroding castle. "Be careful, princess!" One of the undercooks said from above you, watching as you made it to the ground. Dry earth puffing up from beneath your feet as you landed. "I'm alright." You waved up to them. Then turning on your heel, you took off towards town.

The sound of the gentle thuds of your feet as you ran were only accompanied by the crickets that still chirped happily as you ran. Few bodies were up and moving as you made it in. You strained your eyes, looking for the little signs asking for help.

There.

There was the first one, you scurried over to the empty bowl left on a windowsill of someone's home and filled it with the various things in your basket. Then, to your closed fist, you blew so gently, building enough magic to send. With a flick of your wrist the nearest candle in the home lit. Rustling soon followed, you turned to find the next house. "Thank you, princess." You heard behind you, you simply waved over your shoulder, having the next home in sight.

You continued this until your basket was empty and ran back to your home. Scaling the wall and clambering in through the window. "Right here, princess." The poulterer had a bounty of goods ready and waiting. "Thank you!" You mouthed and filled your basket again. Back out the window you went to pick up where you left off.

A gentle tug at your vest caught your attention as you filled a bowl. "Hm?" You looked down at the pair of siblings that stood no higher than your waist. One of them waved for you to come down. You knelt to their level. "What's wrong, my loves?" You asked. The other leaned in to whisper in your ear. "Mommy forgot to put out a bowl, she's still sleeping." They explained. "Oh! That's alright. Will you show me where to go?" They nodded. "I'll follow, alright?" You stood straight, lighting the candle in the home you stood by. "Let's go." You held out a hand and they both took hold. 

You jogged lightly behind them to keep up and they showed you to their residence. Not too far from the town center for you, but for the two of them, it must have been a long journey in the darkness of dawn. One unlatched the front door, sliding inside, while the other stood behind, their little hand still latched to yours while you waited for the first to return, They soon did, bowl in hands. "Alright." You took the bowl from their hands. "Take these." You handed them each a bun and sent them inside. "I don't want you to get in trouble." You filled the bowl, your eyes straining to watch them eat then climb into bed next to their mother. The bowl was filled and set on the windowsill, you lit the candle and faded out of sight.

After a third trip, and all bowls filled, you stood at the town's center at the well. The old thing wasn't well, well, for sake of the pun. Dry and aging, you sighed as you stood over the decrepit thing. The patchwork on it never lasted. "Alight, here we go."

With both hands stretched out over its opening, you summoned what little knowledge you had of your powers. You could hear it festering all those feet below. Bubbling like a cauldron, you called the water forth, pulling it from the earth it hid in. The ground beneath you breathed. 

Inhaling deeply as the well creaked and stretched. Then exhaling, dipping down, concaving the land it sat on. Water rose when the surface lied flat once more. Seeping between the cracks in the bricks, a puddle formed at your feet. You pulled back your hands, rubbing at your temples. Doing that always brought on some pain, but it wasn't anything you couldn't handle. With your morning routine finished, and the sun peeking beyond the hills, you went back home.

"How'd everything go, princess? Is everyone alright?" The baker asked, handing you a bun. You nodded taking it. "Everyone is alright."

When you first started your early runs, the kitchen staff had first attempted to go for you. You refused, grabbing what you could and leaping out the window. Mortified, but relieved to see that you were alive, they let you do as you wished. When they tried to feed you before you left, you refused, unsure of what length you'd go to prove your resolve, they didn't press the matter.

You entered your chambers and one of your handmaids already awaited you. Her head down as you entered. "What's wrong?" You asked, the little ringing of a bell caught you by surprise. "It's your mother, princess. She's been ringing all morning." You turned to your writing desk, the winded bronze that was adhered to the wall held your bell, that rang once more. Underneath, was a candle that never went out. A puff of smoke spewing from the top to make the tiny bell toll. You walked over and pinched at the flame, pulling, a folded piece of parchment came out. You opened it and read over the letter, snorting.

Come eat breakfast with me? Do I have to ask? Is that where we are now? I have to send a letter to ask my only child to come eat with me? Anyway, I asked for oatmeal and sugared fruit this morning. I love you...come eat.

You laughed, setting the letter on the surface of your desk. "You're down the hall, just come get me." You muttered and rolled your eyes. "I've already made your bath, princess."

"Oh, thank you." You turned over your shoulder, her head was still down. "Lift your head, love. No one's in trouble." She gave a sigh of relief, her shoulders dropping. "Are you new? I've never seen your face before." You said while taking off your boots. "Yes, princess."

"You can loosen up around here, we're all lax. My father made sure of that." You grinned at her and walked into the bath.

After cleaning yourself up, and dressing slightly like the royalty you were, you headed to the dining room. Your mother sat on one end of the long dining table already, you took your seat. A massive fireplace sat to your left, lit and bringing light into the entire hall. "Goodmorning." She glanced up from one of the many letters sprawled out in front of her. 

"Goodmorning, mama." You grinned, one of the undercooks rushed over setting your bowl of oats in front of you. "Thank you." You said. "I was hoping I would catch you before your morning adventures." The queen spoke up. You nodded, spoon in mouth. "But considering how long it took you to come down-"

"You slept a little too long." You teased. "I see..." She set down her parchment. "Do tell me how it went." She took in a spoonful of fruit. "It went well!" You said proudly. "I summoned more water than usual too."

"Be careful-"

"I know, mama-"

"I don't believe you do. Your father's sick and we don't have a teacher for miles. What happens when you hurt yourself because you couldn't control your powers." The room grew warmer, the flames flickering brighter as your mother scolded. "I won't hurt myself." You frowned. "I took you controlling your light so well, you hardly had to teach me anything. Who's to say I even need a teacher for water?"

"That's not the same, and you know it." The fire grew brighter. "Mama they'll starve, if I don't." You put a hand to your chest. "I have to fill the well. I have to irrigate these lands."

"We need a dam. This is why we need a dam." She sat back, shaking her head. "Of course we do and we need natural rain, not rain forced by me. But who's going to pay for that dam? Where will we get the labor? How will we pay for the labor?"

"I'm glad you asked." Your mother shuffled through the stack of parchment, pulling from it a letter longer than the rest. She read it aloud.

A ball was taking place in a land far from your own to celebrate some king's birthday. You hadn't heard of him before. "Go find a husband." She set the parchment down. "You're joking." Your lip turned up. "Do I look like I'm joking?" Her eyes went wide. "I don't need-"

"You want us to survive, don't you? All of us." She pushed. "Your father is sick. I'm too old to remarry. We need help." You crossed your arms tightly. "This is manipulative." You sneered, looking away. "You're trying to manipulate me."

"Manipulate?! Do you hear yourself right now? This isn't about manipulation or you." She shot forward. "I'm giving you the opportunity of choice. The neighboring kingdom has been asking for your hand since you were in my womb. Would you rather that?"

"What?! No!" You scoffed. "Then go to the damn ball and find a decent suitor."

You stood at the docks, arms still crossed as you watched your belongings get loaded on to the airship. Its ten, hundred foot, oars swaying back and forth to keep it at a smooth hault. "Do you hate me now?" Your mother spoke up. "Of course not." You replied. "I'm irritated that you're somewhat right." 

A lot of right, according to your father. You visited him in his sick bed, his face had gone so pale. As much as he didn't want to give you up, you all had run out of options. The only surviving offspring of countless attempts, he raised you with all the love and knowledge he had to offer until his illness confined him to his bed. He still wished you well, and wished you wouldn't take your frustrations out on your mother. She could've thought her approach over a bit more, but she was still right. 

"I believe in you. You'll do fine." She set a hand on your back as you waved off an incoming cloud. "They'll be fine as well." She assured having arranged large scale soup kitchens to feed your people in your absence. "They're ready for boarding, princess." The handmaid from before said quietly, after stepping down from the dock. "Alright." Your mother pulled you in, setting a kiss on your temple. "Don't cause too much trouble."

"Not too much." You smiled.

You sat in your cabin, next to one of many round windows. You watched the clouds warp to the rowing oars of the air ship, far too engulfed in the fluffy white to see the land below. There was a knock at your door, your handmaid peeked inside. "Excuse my intrusion, but are you hungry, princess?" Your handmaid said quietly. "You nodded. "I could eat." She stepped out of the way, a crewman wheeled a cart full of food, setting it on your table, he then quickly excused himself. You took a seat in front of your meal. Your handmaid nodded and turned to leave.

"What is your name?" You asked, she stopped and turned back to you. "Cerise, princess." She answered. "Cerise...what a lovely name." You smiled. "Cerise, would you like to eat with me?"

"M-ma'am?" Her eyes went wide. "Don't look at me like that." You laughed. "Come sit." You motioned at the empty seat. "R-really?" She asked. "Yes, Cerise." You laughed. "Let's eat."

The captain's boisterous cry came from the head of the ship. You arrived, and felt the airship going down. You rushed from your cabin to the starboard, admittedly excited to see this new land. "Land", the port your ship took residence at was so high in the clouds you couldn't see the ground. 

What you could see, however, was that there were levels to this cloud gate. Ships above and below you coming in to rest. In the distance you could see the palace, the largest symbol of wealth and opulence you'd ever seen, sat high on the physical land. Its kingdom circled around it. Fireworks shooting off in the middle of the day. "Who's the king again?" You asked Cerise as she took place next to you. "I...I don't remember his name, princess. I apologize."

"Don't apologize, I don't remember either." You giggled. The ship swayed as it came to a stop. You looked over the bustling port, filled with vendors and trade. "Cerise...I'm going to take a look around." You turned on your heel, going to your cabin. "W-What?" She hurried behind you. "Princess, I don't think that's a good idea." She shut the door and ran to cover the windows as you undid your dress. 

"Why not?" You asked sliding off the dress's first layer. "Because we're in a strange land, princess. We don't know much of anything about the locals." You nodded. "You're right, I shouldn't wear pants just in case." You dug through your things and pulled out a humble brown dress, sliding it over your head. "Princess, that's not what I meant." Cerise came over, tying the back closed. "So I should put a scarf on too! Ah, Cerise, you've got the best ideas!" You pulled your hair back and tied it down securely with a scarf the same color. 

Cerise became more frazzled as you switched into your boots. "Hey." You stood straight after lacing your shoes. "I will be alright. I'm not going far, I just want to look around." You grabbed her hands. "You're welcome to come with me, or stay here." You said calmly. "I'll.. stay here, if that's alright, princess."

"It's perfectly fine." You nodded. "If you need me, I won't be far."

With that you left, holding your dress up as you hurried down the incline to the port. The smell of foreign foods and spices filled the air as you approached the bustling area. You moved through the sounds of bartering and laughter on the port suspended in the sky. Each stall had already been built, pieces of much larger buildings. 

Maybe they rent the spaces out. How interesting, I'd like to try something like this. "You ma'am!" A man called to you, you turned in his direction. Meats hung from his stall, moist and perfuming the area. "Try this." He tempted you with a skewer full of this. "You'll never have anything better, I swear by it." He sent a hand on his chest. "Liar!" A woman called from behind you, your head snapped in her direction. "You'll never have anything better than my teas!" How...how do you even compare the two- "Nonsense!" He shouted. "Don't listen to that woman. Here, try it-"

"Don't do it!" She shouted. "How about I try both?" You looked at both of them. "I'll try both." You nodded and looked at the woman. "Brew me your finest while I try his skewers?" She nodded and dug into one of the several wicker baskets in front of her stall, spooning out a rainbow of dried leaves. "Mine will still be better." The man said with confidence as you took the skewer from him, biting into the first piece of meat.

"Oh my-" You tried to speak, your hand shooting up to cover your mouth. As soon as the burst of flavor hit your tongue, your mouth began to water for more, you had to hide the potential string of drool escaping your lips. "Eh?" He said with a smile. "It's amazing!" You said before eating another piece. 

"Miss!" The woman called. "Miss your tea is done!" You nodded and dug into the tie that was around your waist, pulling out a few coins to buy another skewer from the merchant. Meat in hand, you moved across the port and took a seat at the tea stall, a little cup waiting for you. One sip and you were in the same situation. "It's a tie you said with excitement. "It's a tie!" You inhaled the hints of lavender as you drank a bit more.

You bought a small bag from her to take home to your family. You continued to look, browsing the other options she had to offer when a rumbling took place beneath you. "What?" The entire port shook as large shadows cast overhead. Airships, huge ones, you watched as the eight of them docked, the weight of them causing rolling waves in the clouds.

You'd never seen ships like this before, so large without oars. The holes were there for them, that was for sure but there was something there, something transparent keeping them afloat. It had to be heat, you saw convection currents rolling in the clouds. 

The port was silent as they landed, save for the rattling of the stalls and buildings from the ships reverberations. Once they came to a low hum, the crowd picked back up. "Why?..." You looked on. "That's just one of the princes. Back for another ball, still looking for a wife, no surprise." The tea merchant rolled her eyes. "Oh." You looked away, going back to browsing.

"I'll take some of thi-!" You were nudged in your back, almost falling forward into the stall. "Are you alright?" The merchant shot forward to steady you. "Move wench." A voice sneered. We-wench?!  You glared, only to see the back of your assaulter. Red hair just as fiery as the flames flickering from his epaulette. "That must be him." You said low. "It is." He should cool off. You looked at the clouds above his head, condensing them into a wobbling sphere and-

Sploosh

He stopped midstep, now soaked. The stalls filled with stifled laughter. "Who did that!" He growled, his accusing glare shooting over everyone. You sipped your tea, eyes on the merchandise in front of you. In your peripheral you could see the steam rising off him as he dried. 

"So, I'd like a pound of this peach tea if possible." You spoke to the merchant. She nodded slowly, turning away from the angered prince. "Of course." She was quiet as she bagged your goods until he had walked out of ear shot. "Was that you?" She asked, handing over the tea. You shrugged. "Princess." Cerise had appeared at your side, leaning in to whisper in your ear. "You'll be late, we have to go now." The merchant's eyes went wide. "Pri-"

"Sssh." You handed her more than she asked for the tea, and winked before being pulled off by Cerise.

"You could've gotten in so much trouble, princess." Cerise tried to scold as she tightened your gown. "Think so?" You said, putting on your mask. "Yes!" One last tug, you could tell she was trying her best to be a disciplinarian. "I appreciate your concern, Cerise. I'm sorry for scaring you." You turned to her, she tried to keep her frown. "Your cab is waiting, princess."

"Let's go."

You boarded the cab. The floating gondola that was ornately decorated with flowering vines and lights. You sat watching the view as you soared from the air ship to the palace. The kingdom bright and lively below you, fireworks still exploding above your head rivaling the twinkling stars. "Beautiful, isn't it?" You asked. "Very much. I wished it looked like this back hom-!" Cerise covered her mouth. "I'm sorry, princess! I didn't mean-!" You laughed. "It's alright...I wish it looked like this too."

The cab dipped down at the entrance to the palace. You stepped off, Cerise in tow. Warm light poured from the opened doors, music and laughter spilling out of every opened window and door as you stepped inside.

 The ballroom floor was swirling with colors as people waltzed to their heart's content under the crystal chandeliers. The orchestra played with no sign of stopping, servers moved expertly between dancers with serving trays of beverages. "It's amazing." Cerise said quietly. "It is." You turned for one side of the opened arm staircase. A gloved hand on the rail to hold you steady as you held up one side of your heavy, lavender ball gown.

Cerise stayed at your hip, introducing you to every person that came by. "You don't have to do that, you know." You said, snatching a drink from a server's tray as he passed by.. "If I don't then you can't dance with them. If you can't dance then you can't find someone and ge-"

"Thank you for the reminder, Cerise." You not so elegantly downed the rest of your wine. She'd done her job quite well, but you'd only danced with one lord so far. You didn't like his demeanor and his breath was atrocious.

At least the dancing had come to halt, the pianist had taken the floor for a solo. It was nice, ominous, but nice. "There's someone approaching, princess." Cerise said, pulling your attention away from the performer. "Oh no." You cleared your throat. "Is that?"

"I believe so, princess." Cerise sighed as the hot head from earlier that day came up to you.He didn't wear an actual mask, the upper half of his face was engulfed in flames, save for his narrowed, turquoise eyes.

His right hand introduced him as Enji, royalty from a kingdom far, far from your own. Cerise introduced you as you curtsied, reluctantly, to him. Your head bowed and eyes on the floor, until a gloved hand blocked your view. You looked up. "May I have this dance?" His question sounded more like a statement. Slowly, you stood straight and took hold of his hand. His grip was surprisingly gentle as he pulled you to the emptied dance floor. The opposite palm set on your waist, and he stepped forward to lead.

How strange this was. All eyes on you while you danced silently with the prince who struggled to find a wife. Your eyes traveled from the flames that still pranced on his shoulders to the ones on his face. "You don't talk much." He said quietly. "What is there to say?" You asked honestly. 

"I've never seen you here before."

"I've never traveled this far from home." You tried to ignore the stares and whispers as you were swept slowly across the floor. "You should culture yourself a bit more then."

"That's good advice. I'll keep it for later." He only hummed in reply as the song came to a slowing end, pulling back to bow. You curtsied in return, the orchestra picking up as you stood straight.

The floor filled once more, a hand suddenly took you by your waist and free hand. Feeding into the flow of occupants, taking you with them. "Uhm?...Hello?" You said confused, looking up at the tall blonde that snatched you up. "Hello." He grinned. 

His hair stood high over his deep blue and gold mask. "Who-who are you?" You asked as he continued to dance you away in the sea of couples. "You shouldn't dance, let alone trust anyone who'll waltz to common time." He leaned in to say. "Oh? Is this the same rulebook that says I can't turn down a dance?" You queried. "No, although I do have that book. I left it in my cab." He said. "Hm, it sounds useful, you should let me borrow it."

"I should."

"What do I call you, stranger?" You said after he spun you. "Well, that defeats the purpose of a masquerade, doesn't it? He smirked. "How about an occupation?" You leaned back a little to get a better look at him, well, what you were allowed to see. "Human." He answered. 

"Homeland?"

"Every land I walk on I make my home."

You inhaled sharply. "My mother wouldn't like you."

"Why is that?"

"You're not very straight forward, you must be a ruffian."

"Me?" He laughed. "A conman? You don't even know my name and you've accused me of fraudulence. I'm not sure my mother would like you." You giggled. "Touche, stranger."

"What about you?" He asked. The song changed, and so you changed directions. "What about me?"

"Where are you from?"

"A little kingdom not far from here." You answered.

"Your name?"

"That defeats the purpose of a masquerade, doesn't it?" You cheesed. "...I like you." He leaned in. "How lovely that is to hear, stranger."

It appeared the two of you had been dancing for a bit too long when a suitor, you'd been introduced to, came and asked for your hand. This stranger though, with the bluest of blue eyes, kept wriggling in. Snatching your hand as soon as it was empty.

You lost count, as you danced again his attention was caught on the balcony. "What is it?" You asked. "There are people, couples, running to the gardens." He answered. "Really?" You turned to look, and sure enough, a pair hand in hand hurried out the doors. "Would you like to go?" He turned back to you. "What are they doing out there?"

"I'm not sure." That sounded like a lie. "And what am I to expect then, if I follow you into the unknown, stranger?"

"There's only one way to find out." He pulled away, leaving nothing but your fingertips touching. Why not? You took hold and followed him to the balcony and down its granite staircase to the gardens.

It was exactly what you were expecting, as you rounded a high hedge you caught sight of a couple....getting to know each other. The frantic looks on their faces did nothing to stop the snickering from you and your stranger as you turned for the opposite direction.

Once far enough away he spoke up. "I didn't bring you here for that, in case you were wondering."

"I was wondering, stranger. I would like to know your plans." You came to a halt, the moon massive in the sky and illuminating the two of you. Almost the entire palace was in view, you hadn't realized you walked so far. "What are you running from, princess?"

You tilted your head. "I'm not running from anything. What makes you think that?"

"You must be trying to, as many bachelors as you've danced with." You waved him off. "That? I'm just trying to 'do my duty'." You rolled your eyes hard. "I see."

You nodded. "Only child, my father's sick, my people are starving, the crops are fragile, my magic..." You held out an open palm, summoning a few water droplets from the grass beneath you., "It's not as strong as it could be. We need a dam, I could go on, stranger."

"You're gambling a lot on tonight."

"Unfortunately, but if it means my people will prosper I'll do whatever it takes."

With a puff, your stranger took a seat on a nearby bench, looking out at the moon. You sat next to him. "So who do you think it'll be?"

"What do you mean?" You asked. "Who do you think will take your hand?"

"Why? Do you plan on swooping in on my wedding day to steal me away just like you've done tonight?" You giggled. "Maybe I do." He smirked.

"Princess?" You heard Cerise. "Princess, is that you?" You looked over your shoulder to see her navigating through the mass of the courtyard. "Yes, Cerise." You turned back to the blonde. "My handler's here, it must be time to go home."

"Home? You're not staying? The king arranged rooms for everyone." He pressed. "I know, but my people need me. It took too long to get here and will take too long to get back." You said in a sigh. "I was hoping I'd get to spend more time with you."

"You should tell me your name, so I can write you at least." You suggested, fighting a smile. "What?" His expression was smug. "Do you think I don't see you getting so close?" You leaned back a bit. "No." He persisted. "No? You said you didn't bring me here for that."

"I changed my mind." His hand cupped your cheek, a hand of yours rested on his chest. "Aren't you going to ask? What a scoundrel." You laughed as he angled your head up. "May I?" Heat rose from your feet to your crown. "Just one?"

You nodded. "Just one." His mouth was so warm and soft against yours for the seconds that felt like hours he held you in place. You almost whined when he pulled back. "It's Toshinori." He breathed against your lips. "Don't forget me."

"I won't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 8.3K 50
Before he became Izuku's teacher, All Might was a young Symbol of peace. Amidst all the business of defeating villains, All Might has something even...
4K 93 16
[Discontinued, may change later on in the future] 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐦�...
289K 10.9K 50
Toshinori Yagi. Pro hero, Symbol of Peace, #1 Hero...passionate husband. After years of hiding your relationship from the public because of the reign...
2.5M 117K 76
❝I'M ALWAYS TIRED, BUT NEVER OF YOU.❞ [various x reader] a lazy girl with a few missing brain cells is on the path to becom...