✓ | 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈...

By -ANG3L1CANN

Annalise Monroe has lived alone most of her life, travelling between foster homes since the age of six, and s... More

cast of characters *
acknowlegements *
chapter i *
chapter ii *
chapter iii *
chapter iv *
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁵
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹¹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹²
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹³
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁴
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁵
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁰
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²¹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²²
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²³
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁴
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁵
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁰
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³¹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³²
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³³
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁴
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁵
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ³⁹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁰
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴¹
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴²
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴³
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁴
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁵
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁶
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁷
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁸
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴⁹
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
CORRECTIONS COMING!!!

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁹

29.3K 862 347
By -ANG3L1CANN

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴡꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟᴛᴜʀɪ ᴄʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ. ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪꜰʏ, ɪ ᴘᴜᴛ ꜱᴜʟᴘɪᴄɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴅʀᴇꜱꜱ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴɴᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟꜱ. ʀᴇɴᴀᴛᴀ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀɴɴᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʜᴀʀᴀꜱꜱᴇᴅ ʙʏ ꜱᴜʟᴘɪᴄɪᴀ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴄᴇ.

A week had passed since I had gotten my dress. The ball was today and I would be making my first statement in front of the rest of the world. I would have my mates and guards around me at all times, keeping me protected from and potential vampire dangers. I don't believe any newborns were welcomed to this party, so the issue of control should not come up.

The Cullens had been invited to the ball. I think that they all knew what was going to happen. Edward had refused to come. I got another letter from Carlisle saying that he and the rest of the Cullens would be very happy to see me again. Oddly, Alice included. I hope that she had gotten it through her skull that rejecting one's mate would be foolish. I could blame her actions on the fact that she had not yet found her true mate like Carlisle and Rosalie, who would have likely told her the woes of what rejection could do to all parties of the bond.

I knew that as long as Alice and the rest of the family did not speak poorly of my mates in front of me, I would have no problem being friends with them again. It had been little over a week since I had seen or heard from them last. I knew that ever since I got those letters, I knew where my allegiance lay. If the people from Forks would be accepting, I would be keeping them as friends. If they did not accept me, I would not accept them as my friends. I didn't frankly care what their intentions were, if they spoke poorly of my mates, they spoke poorly of me. My mates are a part of me and would be for all of eternity.

I had finally gotten on my dress for the ball, allowing the purple dress to flow out around my body. Well, this is what most of the vampire covens of the world are going to see me in for the first time. I hope that I look good because I would not want to upset the eyes of these vampires. Actually, I would rather not upset the eyes of my mates.

The drill had been simple: wait in my room until Demetri came in to escort me to the ballroom that held over 200 vampires. Aro would make his speech announcing my arrival beforehand so that vampires could ready themselves for a human in their presence.

It would be weird, seeing so many vampires concentrated into one large ballroom. I had only maybe seen 50 in my life, and that was in Forks and throughout the castle. Believe it or not, the Volturi is huge. No wonder they were the ruling coven, they had so many damn vampires to back them up. In a way, it made things much easier around the castle. I knew that if someone were to attack, I would be safe, guarded from anyone who wished me harm.

"Queen Annalise, it is time to make your," Demetri looked me up and down, "You look great, Annalise. Seriously, the entire ballroom is going to be shocked. You look like a goddess," Demetri compliments. I blush and thank him, taking him by the arm to walk me down the empty hall. Aro had made sure that nobody lingered in the hallways like they usually would during parties, either making out or talking, away from the music.

The walk down the hall was quiet, most of the guests inside of the ballroom staying quiet. Demetri pointed to a large set of doors. "Walk down the aisle there. Your mates will be in view on the other side," Demetri commanded. I listened to him, opening the doors.

The entire ballroom was gasping as I made my way down a small slip of carpet that led to where my mates were standing. Each of them had a smile on their handsome faces. God, is it bad that I want to kiss all three of them so hard right now? I mean we've only known each other and been together for a week but this bond is making it really hard for me to hold back right now.

"You look stunning, il mio amore," Aro croons, taking my hand in his. The rest of the ballroom watches on with interest. I turn to Marcus and Caius, who come much closer to Aro. Marcus takes my hand and kisses it softly.

"Absolutely ravishing, tesoro," Marcus compliments. I could feel my face getting redder.

"Nobody else in this room can compare," Caius claims, kissing my cheek. I could hear the ballroom cheer and clink their drinks.

"To the kings and queen of the Volturi," Carlisle raises his glass up and says. The crowd repeats what Carlisle says and clicks their drinks with each other. Some of the musicians start to play around the room, all of them vampires most likely looking for a bit of extra money or standing with the Volturi. I could see the Cullens out of the corner of my eye, situated close to the right side of the ballroom.

Everyone in the room looks like gods and goddesses, myself included. I could swear that this had to be Percy Jackson because the ballroom looked like Olympus from where I was standing with my mates. Instead of the big three having separate wives, I was just the mate of all three. In a way, that had to have been better. Plus, mates can't cheat, so no half bloods.

I had been so caught up in just getting used to being in a fancy dress and inside such an amazing looking ballroom that I couldn't even see just how handsome my mates looked. My mates truly looked like greek gods, each wearing quite a lot of their favorite colors. Marcus was wearing royal blue, Caius wearing green, and Aro wearing red. They all looked perfect together, standing side by side as brothers.

"There you are, Anna," Rose pesters, pulling me into a hug. My mates looked just about ready to pounce on the golden-eyed girl, but I accepted the hug. Rose was the only woman in the Cullen clan that was truly a friend right now. Esme was great, but she acted more as a mother to me than a friend.

"Rose, you look gorgeous," I complimented. Rose was wearing a blush dress with a diamond necklace. She looked simple, yet classy. "I look overdressed and too human."

"No way, you look absolutely perfect. Whoever made that dress should get a raise, or some sort of award. You're the prettiest woman in the room right now. Don't go beating on your humanity, your human butt looks amazing in that dress right now. I might just have to snap it up," Rose jokes. I could see Emmett and Jasper coming over. Most of the room was still sneaking glances at me, whispering amongst themselves. They were most likely wondering how the hell the Cullens had managed to get to know me already.

"You look lovely, ma'am," Jasper compliments in his usual southern accent. I swear, some guys can pull it off and some can't. It's the difference between a cowboy and a hillbilly.

"Yeah, Volturi queen, you look like you belong at a damn wedding," Emmett deadpans. I laugh, pulling the man child into a hug. I let go of him after a while and hugged Jasper.

While Jasper often had a hard time being around Isabella, he never had a hard time being around me. He explained it as my scent not really appealing to him like Bella's did. My scent was like home, like someone he could trust. It felt more like the scent of a covenmate than the sweet scent of food. I had never told Isabella this, she would likely get mad that Jasper could be around me and not her. She always was protective about Alice and me being near both of them could jeopardize her relationship with Alice.

I never really thought about just how much I kept away from Bella to keep her comfortable. I would keep all of my real feelings away so that she didn't think poorly of me. Did she really want to be friends with me, or did she want to be friends with who she thought I was? I wasn't a human hating and human eating vampire accepting person to her. To her, I was just like her. I was a sister that she could rely on. No, she didn't want to be friends with me, she just wanted to be friends with an idea of me that she could pour all of her baggage on. Who I really am doesn't matter to her, she just has a bogged down version of me in her head that she wants to be true, that she wants to be the real me.

"I missed you guys, even if I was only away for a week or so," I admit to them. Emmett comes over again and envelops me in an almost crushing hug. Demetri and Felix walk over, most likely noticing my racing heartbeat and seeing the scene.

"We are going to have to ask you to release the queen, Emmett," Felix states dryly, looking at the animal-eating Cullen man child. Rose grabs Emmett's arm and pulls him off of me. Emmett lets out a whine as Caius comes over to see what was happening.

"Cullens," Caius deadpans.

"Caius, the Cullens are my friends. Well, the Cullens minus Edward right now. He can suck my metaphorical dick at the moment. Oh yeah, Rose, make sure he knows that he's not welcome in Volterra until he apologizes to my mates and I. He did hurt my feelings. Anyways, Caius, be nice to the Cullens, they are the ones that made it possible for you to meet me," I snapped at him.

"Of course, bellissima. Mi dispiace, il mio amore," Caius apologizes to the group and goes over to greet some of the other vampires in the world.

"Did Caius Volturi just apologize?" Carlisle butts in, looking impressed by such a notion, as well as shocked.

"Believe it or not, Carlisle, all of my mates are kind outside of court. Just don't tell them I told you that, they like to play the big and strong ruler game," I inform them. The Cullens look like my head has grown to the size of a house.

"If you think Caius apologizing was scary, Carlisle, you should have seen what happened yesterday. Here I was, just doing my shifts around the castle, and I hear this giggling coming from Marcus' room," I duck my head, knowing what was to come. Marcus and I were just having some fun, I swear. "I went to make sure that nothing was going on. It is my duty as the queen's personal guard. I go to open the door and I find them both on the bed, laughing and giggling like mad people, tickling each other. I swear I've never closed a door faster."

"Never thought I would see the day," Carlisle whispers, before looking me in the eye and saying, "I am glad that those three have been able to find eternal love with you. I know that you will be a good fit for them. I apologize on behalf of Edward and Bella, they do not understand the bond of a true mate. I am sorry that I did not check their letters before they sent them, that is on me."

"Carlisle, what your son and his girlfriend said is not on you. The actions of your family have nothing to do with you. I just hate that I lost two close friends. Unless they wish to sincerely apologize, I do not wish to see them. I am still hurt by what Alice suggested. What a thing to ask of a person, to ask your friend to reject their true mate," I whisper the last part. Carlisle sighs and gives me a hug. I return the gesture and smile.

I waved to the Cullens before leaving to see Renata and Corin. The two of them were sweet to me, often helping me decide what I would wear to see my mates. They were on the personal guard of Aro and Caius respectively.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Sulpicia coming towards me. I rolled my eyes, ready for the offhand remarks and claims of understanding Aro better than I ever could. She was just plain rude. I had my doubts that she even loved my mate. I bet she just wants the power that I have now. If she had been Aro's true mate, she would be a queen. She's a power hungry bitch.

"Go away, Sulpicia, we don't want you here," I spit. Sulpicia laughs, taking a sip of her champagne.

"Girl, you have no idea who I am," Sulpicia says to me. I groan, turning away from her. She sped in front of me and I stared into those red eyes of her.

"Not only are you a homewrecker, but you aren't even a pretty one. Please, Aro will be over you in a week," she whispers before leaving the ballroom. I growl and gracefully walk over to my three mates despite my annoyance with Aro's ex-wife.

"What ever is the matter, il mio amore?" Aro asks, pulling his arm around me, Caius and Marcus beside him.

"Why can't Sulpicia just find herself at the bottom of a volcano?" I ask Aro, causing Marcus and Caius to laugh. The rest of the ballroom turns to hear the noise coming out of their usually comatose king. Seriously, can I push her into a volcano?

"What has she said, cara mia?" Aro looks annoyed. He didn't seem to be annoyed at me, no, he looked annoyed that I was annoyed. "Let me guess, she made some comment about us being together and then walked away?"

"In her words, "Not only are you a homewrecker, but you aren't even a pretty one. Please, Aro will be over you in a week."," I inform my mate, who growls at the insult. "Can't we like, kick her out or something? She's a bitch and the guard hates her. Literally, they told me that they hate her. Marcus, back me up here. You can see the hate bonds, can't you?" I look to Marcus for some support. Aro looks at his soul brother.

"They do hate her, Aro, every single one of the guards. I've never seen such unified hatred before," Marcus tells Aro, who sighs and nods his head.

"We can get rid of her, il mio amore," Aro says. I could see Felix and Demetri cheering. Alec and Jane pumped their fists up. "The entire guard can hear us, can't they?"

"Yup."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.6K 1.5K 20
A Caius Volturi fan-fiction "I love it when you beg, Tesoro. It's music to my ears." Luna is a hybrid, and the only one of her kind. Being abandone...
284K 7.6K 39
Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her cousin Bella Swan's catatonic depression s...
404K 10K 56
What if Carlisle had a daughter when he was human and what if that daughter has the power to manipulate time? What if that same daughter, Crystal Cul...
297K 14.4K 34
The Volturi is in shambles. The kings are barely on speaking terms, the guard is divided, and Rowan is caught in the middle. With the threat of the R...