The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 35 Break It

202 14 8
By Josalen144

A/N Sorry for the late chapter guys! Writer's block was kicking my butt lol. That and I barely get any time to write, but you're not here to listen to me rant. So enjoy the chapter! Sorry it took so long ❤️

~*~*~

"So you're telling me, they're like you?" Todrick asked, amazed.

"Well, not exactly like me, but yes." Kevin confirmed. "Alright everyone, this time I want you to introduce yourself and your power."

Kirstie was up first, as always, and was eating a small bag of chips.

"Hi! My name is Kirstin, but everyone calls me Kirstie, and I can see into the future."

Todrick seemed really fascinated by that.

"Okay, I'm obviously going to need to see a demonstration from all of you, but those can wait until after everyone finishes introducing themselves."

Avi was up next.

"Hello, my name is Avi, and I can see into the past."

"So Kirstie can see into the future and you can see into the past?" He looked like he wanted to say something else, but held back. "Introductions first, Todrick. Introductions first."

Mitch boredly lifted a hand.

"Mitch. I have a charm."

"A charm? What do you mean by that? Like a charm for a bracelet or something?"

Mitch just smirked.

"You'll see."

Lastly, was Scott.

"My name is Scott, and as you've probably guessed by now, I have super strength."

"How strong are you?" Todrick asked immediately.

"I have no idea."

"Are you saying that because you don't want to tell me, or-"

"No no, I just... I actually don't know." Scott admitted, cutting him off.

"That's why I asked you to build your little metal hand skeleton. So we can figure out just how strong he really is." Kevin explained.

"Alrighty then, now let's see some demonstrations!" Todrick grinned. "If you can't tell, I'm really excited about this."

"They can tell, Tod. Why don't we start with Scott since he's already ready for us, and we can up the resistance on the device to... let's say five hundred."

He nodded and quickly adjusted the settings for Scott. After getting the go ahead, Scott broke the device with ease once again.

"That's amazing." Todrick commented, fixing the broken pieces. "Could we go past a thousand?"

"Now you're talking! Let's do... one thousand three hundred."

Todrick set the resistance, and once again, Scott broke it showing minimal effort.

"Kevin. He's doing this with his non dominant hand!"

"I know right? Just wait until he uses his dominant hand. That's going to be impressive."

"How about... two thousand five hundred?"

"Go for it!"

Todrick set the resistance, and this time Scott had more trouble. He struggled for a few seconds before he was finally able to break it.

"Ooh, it's getting harder for you!" Kirstie grinned, also getting excited.

"That's what she said." Avi snickered, which earned an elbow to his ribs.

"Hush up you pervert."

"Let's go up another hundred." Kevin suggested, ignoring them.

Todrick set the resistance, and this time, it took Scott a whole lot more effort to try and break the device. He squeezed his hand as hard as he could. After a few deep breaths, he was able to break it.

"Do you want to keep going?" Todrick asked him and Scott nodded.

"I want to see how strong my hands are. Just let me catch my breath for a second."

"Alright, why don't we go a bit slower. How about we up the resistance by... three? Since you struggled so much."

Another nod, and Todrick got everything set. When Scott was ready, he tried to break it again. It took a lot of effort and a lot more time, but he was able to do it.

"My hand's starting to hurt a little." Scott commented, awkwardly massaging it around the metal attached to his palm.

"Makes sense. You are putting a lot of strain on your hand and pushing it to its limit." Kevin explained. "Do you want to stop?"

"No, no. I can do this."

"If you say so. Let's go up another three, see if you can break it."

Todrick set the resistance, but this time, Scott couldn't break it.

He tried and tried but it wouldn't budge. Even after straining as much as he could until he was red in the face, it wouldn't break. After about four minutes of trying, he gave up.

"I can't break it." Scott mumbled, sounding surprised.

"Go down one, see if he can break it then." Kevin told Todrick.

He nodded and fixed it. Scott struggled for a while, and just as Kevin was about to suggest changing the resistance again, they heard a crack.

"Almost... got it..." Scott strained. A few deep breaths later, and he finally broke it. "Oh my gosh, that was so hard!"

"That's what she said." Avi mumbled to himself, so Kirstie wouldn't hit him again.

"Welp, we finally know the limit of your left hand. Do you want to see the limits of your right hand now or do you want to wait a bit before we try again?" Kevin asked as he wrote something down on a clipboard.

"When'd you get a clipboard?" Scott wondered aloud, getting distracted.

"Not important. Now answer the question."

"Oh, uh... I can keep going."

"If you say so. Todrick, if you will."

"What? Oh right." He went over to Scott and grabbed his hand. "Sorry, I'm just... so blown away right now." Todrick explained, taking the metal hand off of Scott's fleshy one.

He adjusted the joints so it would fit on Scott's opposite hand, but paused when it came to the pressure.

"Should I change the resistance or keep it the same?"

"Since it's his dominant hand, it's bound to be stronger than his non dominant one. So keep the resistance the same."

Todrick nodded and released Scott's hand.

"Alright, do your thing!"

Scott smiled and took a deep breath. A bit of strain later and surprise, surprise, it broke.

"Told you the dominant hand was stronger." Kevin teased.

"Don't act like no one knew that before you said something." Todrick countered, repairing the metal. "Since he still struggled a little, should we up the resistance by five hundred instead of a thousand?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We'll see how he does and then we can decide how much more he can take."

They added five hundred more to the resistance. Scott struggled but it broke. Then they added a hundred. More struggling, but it broke. It went up eighty, and who would've guessed? Scott broke it. Since he was really winded from the last one, he took a short break.

"Can someone please explain what's going on?" Avi asked as Scott caught his breath.

"They're measuring his strength. Weren't you listening?" Mitch sassed, and Avi rolled his eyes.

"Well, duh. I mean, why does Todrick look like he's about to explode?"

They looked over at Todrick who was trying to hide an enormous grin and was bouncing lightly on his toes.

"Sorry! I'm just really... wow, okay this is actually happening. An average male can squeeze about a hundred five to a hundred thirteen pounds in their hands, right? Well so far, Scott has already crushed over two thousand pounds in both of his hands!" He gushed. "That's why I'm about to explode!"

"Wait, over two thousand?" Mitch asked, and glanced in Scott's direction. "Huh... interessante."

"Yeah, well don't explode too much. I don't think I have that much left in me." Scott huffed, and Avi snickered to himself.

"Let's only do one this time. Does that sound good?" Todrick suggested, and Scott nodded.

There was a lot of heavy breathing and struggling, but after five minutes, Scott was able to break it.

"Let's do one more. After this, I know for a fact I won't be able to break anything higher." Scott told them.

And he was right.

Using all of his strength and struggling his hardest, Scott tried to break the metal one last time.

"Dude, you look constipated." Avi commented, making Scott laugh.

"Don't make me laugh, I'm trying to break this."

"You also look like you're trying to take a dump."

"Avi, come on. That's gross." Kirstie laughed.

Kevin smiled as he saw everyone starting to get along. Avi, Scott, and Kirstie were laughing at Avi's joke, and Todrick and Mitch were looking at Scott expectantly. Excitement in Todrick's eyes and slight fascination in Mitch's.

"Okay okay, let me do this." Scott said, trying to get serious.

He took a deep breath and started squeezing his hand again. After struggling for a while, Scott used his other hand to try to help break the metal.

"Can he do that?" Todrick asked.

"I think it's okay. Since his left hand is weaker than his right, it shouldn't make a difference. If it was vice versa, then that would be a different story." Kevin told him.

"What do you mean?" Kirstie wondered, balling up the now empty bag of chips.

"Well, imagine you're trying to squeeze out the juice in the half of an orange, and a little kid puts their hand over yours to try to help you. Instead of actually contributing to the squeeze, it'd be more like they're holding your hand with a tight grip." He explained. "Whereas, if you put your hand over a child's hand who was trying to squeeze out the juice, then they'd get out a lot more than they would've gotten on their own."

"Mainly because of the change in strength, but also probably the size difference for that hypothetical situation." Todrick chimed in.

Kevin was about to say something else when everyone's attention was brought back to Scott who gave a loud grunt. The metal in his hand cracked. He got a quick gasp of breath before making another crack. Then after a few seconds, it finally broke.

"Oh my gosh, I finally did it!" Scott huffed, leaning against the wall for support.

Todrick went over and removed it from his hand, checking the resistance one last time and taking it to Kevin. After a short glance, Kevin wrote something down on the clipboard and showed Todrick. Whatever he saw must've excited him, because he looked like a reader who just found out their favorite book was actually in a series; or like someone just found out they'd be able to meet their favorite celebrity in person.

"Okay, now what's with the face?" Kirstie questioned, looking at Todrick's big grin. "You're not even trying to hide it this time."

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm just... oh my gosh, this is so amazing! Do you have any idea how amazing this is?!"

"No, how amazing is it?" Avi laughed.

"Okay, so like I said before, an average male can crush about a hundred five to a hundred thirteen pounds in both hands, and a more than above average male can only crush about a hundred twenty-three to a hundred forty-one pounds in their hands." Todrick took a deep breath, getting ready to explain further. "Right now, Scott can crush exactly, two thousand six hundred and five pounds! That's with his non dominant hand."

"Puta merda." Mitch muttered.

"In his dominant hand, Scott can crush..." Todrick paused to glance at the clipboard again. "Three thousand two hundred eighty-seven pounds! So his right hand is six hundred eighty-two pounds stronger than his left! And just in case you're still not getting how incredible that is, both of his hands can crush a combined total of, five thousand eight hundred ninety-two pounds! That's just a mere hundred and eight pounds shy of three tons! IN HIS HANDS!!!"

"Todrick, don't forget to breathe!" Kevin reminded him. He chuckled at his friend geeking out over the whole thing and turned back to the group. "But yeah, Scott. You could basically crush the tongue of a blue whale if you wanted to. And that's just how much you can crush, we haven't even gotten to how much you can lift."

"Bro, do you even lift?" Kirstie joked, and Scott chuckled.

"So... what else can you do?" Mitch wondered, eyeing him curiously, now clearly interested.

"Yeah, how much can you lift?!" Todrick asked, finally getting his breath back.

"I'm not sure, but we could test it out if you'd like." Scott told them.

"Yes please! But, why don't we go somewhere else? I doubt Kevin wants us to test that out in his house. We might end up breaking something."

"Thanks for the consideration, Toddy." Kevin smiled. "But yes, we should go somewhere else and test everyone else's powers too... and you know what? I think I know the perfect place."

~*~*~

A/N What'd you think? I'll admit this chapter focused more on Scott's strength and how much he can crush, but I wanted to get it out of the way and write Toddy spazzing out lol. Don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose!!! BAIII!!!~~ ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 366 35
Note that I wrote these before Matt joined so sorry he's not in here 😔 Other than that... just a regular one shot book and it's pg so yay for us 😂
14K 490 10
A sudden upheaval in Kirstie's life leaves her and Avi questioning the newly budding feelings between themselves. (Heavy focus on Kavi, with a more m...
558 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...
8.3K 373 13
What would happen if PTX were to split up? Could they end up getting back together or will one member's life altering event change that? The 1st book...